[Drama 2022] Big Mouth ◈ 빅마우스

Maetawinz

On 8/9/2022 at 1:01 AM, ferily said:

Wait why does the Korean title say “Big Mouse” but the English title is “Big Mouth”? 

You know, the Korean title "Big Mouse" is for us, since we loved the drama "Mouse". The English title is for the rest of people watching this drama :loolz:

• LOL 4

27 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

You know, the Korean title "Big Mouse" is for us, since we loved the drama "Mouse". The English title is for the rest of people watching this drama

If you think that's going to get @ferily chingu to watch this drama by saying that, I think you're sorely mistaken. :DI distinctly remember reading that she would never watch a drama with the word "mouse" in the title again.

:rip:

@ferily It's Big MouTH !!! You can watch it! It's great! :loveu:

• Like 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Extraordinary Attorney Woo” And “Big Mouth” Sweep Top Spots In Most Buzzworthy Drama And Actor Rankings

Meanwhile, “Big Mouth” held steady at No. 2 on the drama list in its second week on air, and its stars Lee Jong Suk and Girls’ Generation’s YoonA also maintained their respective positions at No. 3 and No. 7 on the actor list.

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz in the first week of August are as follows:

1. ENA “Extraordinary Attorney Woo”
  2. MBC “Big Mouth”
  3. tvN “Alchemy of Souls”
  4. SBS “Today’s Webtoon”
  5. tvN “Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist”
  6. KBS2 “Gold Mask”
  7. KBS2 “It’s Beautiful Now”
  8. JTBC “The Good Detective 2”
  9. KBS2 “Jinxed at First
  10. tvN “Adamas”

Most-Buzzworthy-Drama-Cast-Members-1.jpg

Meanwhile, the top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz this week are as follows:

1. Kang Tae Oh (“Extraordinary Attorney Woo”)
  2. Park Eun Bin (“Extraordinary Attorney Woo”)
  3. Lee Jong Suk (“Big Mouth”)
  4. Kang Ki Young (“Extraordinary Attorney Woo”)
  5. Lee Jae Wook (“Alchemy of Souls”)
  6. Jung So Min (“Alchemy of Souls”)
  7. YoonA (“Big Mouth”)
  8. Joo Jong Hyuk (“Extraordinary Attorney Woo”)
  9. Yeon Min Ji (“Gold Mask”)
  10. Kim Sejeong (“Today’s Webtoon”)

Most-Buzzworthy-Drama-Cast-Members-1.jpg

“Extraordinary Attorney Woo” And “Big Mouth” Sweep Top Spots In Most Buzzworthy Drama And Actor Rankings | Soompi

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Girls’ Generation’s YoonA Faces Off With Yang Kyung Won Alone In “Big Mouth”

MBC’s “Big Mouth” has shared an intriguing sneak peek of its upcoming episode!

“Big Mouth” is a hard-boiled noir drama starring Lee Jong Suk as Park Chang Ho, a third-rate lawyer who winds up in charge of a murder case that turns him overnight into a genius con artist known as “Big Mouse.” In order to survive and protect his family, including wife Go Mi Ho (played by Girls’ Generation’s YoonA), the “big-mouthed” lawyer must expose a huge conspiracy among the privileged upper classes.

Spoilers

Previously on “Big Mouth,” Go Mi Ho dangerously jumped into the fray in order to clear her husband’s name after he was accused of being Big Mouse. Not afraid to risk her life, Go Mi Ho boldly got herself involved by bluffing that she had the late Professor Seo’s paper in her possession, and she even tried to strike up a deal with Mayor Choi Do Ha (Kim Joo Heon).

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, Go Mi Ho takes things even further by meeting with the even more powerful Gong Ji Hoon (Yang Kyung Won) in private. The two are completely alone, with no one else around to hear their conversation—and even though Gong Ji Hoon’s immense power and cocky, condescending attitude would be enough to intimidate anyone, Go Mi Ho doesn’t bat an eyelash as she unflinchingly returns his gaze.

Big-Mouth-2-1536x1024.jpg

YoonA-2-1536x1024.jpg

Spoiler

Yang-Kyung-Won-1536x1024.jpg

To find out what leads Go Mi Ho and Gong Ji Hoon to meet alone, catch the next episode of “Big Mouth” on August 12 at 9:50 p.m. KST!

Girls’ Generation’s YoonA Faces Off With Yang Kyung Won Alone In “Big Mouth” | Soompi

• Like 3

Here is the ratings for Episode 5! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Big Mouth” Ratings Approach Double Digits As They Soar To New All-Time High

MBC’s new drama “Big Mouth” shows no signs of slowing down!

On August 12, the noir drama starring Lee Jong Suk and Girls’ Generation’s YoonA achieved its highest viewership ratings yet. According to Nielsen Korea, the fifth episode of “Big Mouth” scored an average nationwide rating of 9.8 percent, falling just short of entering double digits as it reached a new all-time high.

“Big Mouth” Ratings Approach Double Digits As They Soar To New All-Time High | Soompi

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

Just finished watching ep 5. Keeping it brief, but here are some thoughts:

• So Professor Seo asked the patient's wife to make a necklace (probably containing the paper everyone is looking for) and apparently the Mayor's wife is wearing the necklace.
    It was also suggested that Professor Seo was having an affair with a woman and this could be the Mayor's wife (judging by the necklace). IF this is true (which I'm not convinced of), the Mayor actually has a reason for killing Professor Seo. :grimace:
  • So they are doing tests on the patients as suspected. I knew it!
    :notsureifserious:
  • Early in the episode we saw a mouse in the sewer - right when the bus with a victorious Park Chang Ho drove over it. At first I thought that the mouse was dying or sleeping, but on second look it might have actually given birth to baby mice...? :flushed:
    Are the writers trying to depict that Park Chang Ho was Big Mouse was born in that moment? Or what was that mouse doing in the sewer?
  • The Mayor is definitely playing a game - he might be Big Mouse or he might be actually trying to help Park Chang Ho, but he isn't as pure as we would think. We saw several scenes of him where he didn't even look surprised when certain things happened (e.g. the death of the witness), meaning that he might have known in advance what was going to  happen.
  • In the torture scene in the end, we got a lot of closeups of Jerry. This must signify something important. Either he's BM, or he is somehow involved in this a lot more than a fraudster. I believe Kwakkie's role and screen time will increase as the drama progresses.
  • The scene where the Mayor accuses Park Chang Ho of playing him and that he believes PCH is BM... I think they put up an act knowingly to convince the Warden of this.

Thoughts, chingus?

@joccu @Sleepy Owl @the_sweetroad @backstreetboysfan

@lilyphenix @Min2206 @Gretule @rocher22 @Photo Photo

The ratings hit an all time high! :love: Not sure why this thread is so quiet though. This drama is fun!

EDIT: Forgot to add that the torture scene in the end looked scripted to me. Why? Because I think that Park Chang Ho deviated from it when he kicked the chair out. You could tell from Jerry’s surprised face. Think that Jerry and PCH had decided in beforehand what they would do to the VIP

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, joccu said:

@partyon never thought abou mayor being the mouse but that would actually make sense. 

Not sure he's BM. But since it's implied that Doctor Seo had an affair with the Mayor's wife, he if someone had a reason for getting rid of Doctor Seo. If there was an affair, was the Mayor behind the death?

13 hours ago, CA C said:

“Tom and Jerry” where Jerry is little big mouse. Name plus tattoo, either he is big mouse or his right hand mouse.

Yes, I also said last week that Jerry's mouse tattoo is no coincidence. Especially knowing that the mouse in Tom and Jerry is a genius...

Off to watch ep 6 now! :eatscookie:

• Like 4

@joccu I guess it's too early to tell if the Mayor is BM or not. But he for sure knew that witness was gonna get killed, and he might have had motive to kill Prof Seo.

So he could be Big Mouse, or he could just be a not innocent person. Will have to watch a few episodes more to get a feel for it.

• Like 3

@joccu More clues in ep 6...

• As expected, Prof Seo wasn't having an affair with the Mayor's wife. As soon as we saw Jang Hye Jin being abused by her husband, I knew it was her. And it was her. So she's the one carrying Prof Seo's paper then.
    What a gross husband she has. I hope she will be one of the good people who will help our gang.
    I also trust her judgement, and she was very scared of the Mayor in ep 1. You could tell from her reaction when he helped her after she was attacked.
    This just confirms to me that the Mayor is not a good guy and shouldn't be trusted....
  • So it was prisoner 2145(?) who attacked Park Chang Ho... It looked like Jerry, but Jerry's number is 2548
    83536-kwak-dong-yeon-di-big-mouth-instag
    Anyone know who 2145 is....?
  • In the next episode we will see Chang Ho questioning Jerry and wanting to know if he's Big Mouse. For now I have a feeling that Jerry is the Little Mouse helping, but who knows.... Feels like everyone could be Big Mouse at this point :joy: The Warden guard is also hella suspicious, and am pretty sure he's helping out too! Seeing that there are so many people in prison helping him, it's possible Big Mouse is not in prison but has many people inside the prison helping him.
  • The tarot cards must hold some special meaning in all of this. It's interesting because we also have religion massively represented and symbolized in many scenes. These two are in conflict with each other, as religion would forbid the use of tarot cards.
  • Super interested in knowing what kind of tests the University Hospital is running  on the patients, and now also some of the inmates.

Question to everyone:

Who is inmate 2145?

:evilelmo:

EDIT: Checked on Twitter to see if anyone had found the accomplice. Looks like it might be inmate 2149 - who I believe from pics might be one of Park Chang Ho's and Jerry's roommates. But no idea who he is.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Girls’ Generation’s YoonA Volunteers At The Prison Where Her Husband Lee Jong Suk Is In “Big Mouth”

Girls’ Generation’s YoonA will go above and beyond to find out the truth about Lee Jong Suk in MBC’s “Big Mouth”!

“Big Mouth” is a hard-boiled noir drama starring Lee Jong Suk as Park Chang Ho, a third-rate lawyer who winds up in charge of a murder case that turns him overnight into a genius con artist known as “Big Mouse.” In order to survive and protect his family, including wife Go Mi Ho (played by YoonA), the “big-mouthed” lawyer must expose a huge conspiracy among the privileged upper classes.

Spoilers

Previously on “Big Mouth,” Go Mi Ho joined Gucheon Hospital in order to help clear Park Chang Ho’s name. However, she started to grow suspicious of the hospital due to the medical staff’s unwillingness to treat critical patients. Furthermore, Go Mi Ho was shocked when Mayor Choi Do Ha (Kim Joo Heon) told her that Park Chang Ho is “Big Mouse.” Her faith in her husband started to crack, and the firm relationship of the married couple became questionable.

The newly released stills capture Go Mi Ho visiting Gucheon Prison as one of the volunteers from Gucheon Hospital. This is the same prison where Park Chang Ho is, and she will attempt to find out about his true identity here. Wearing a volunteer vest, she keenly looks around and scrutinizes everything. She even bombards the prison guards with questions, showing her passion to dig into dark secrets.

Big-Mouth-3-1-1536x1024.jpeg

Big-Mouth-2-1-1536x1024.jpeg

Spoiler

YoonA-3-1-1536x1024.jpeg

Big-Mouth-1-1-1536x1024.jpeg

YoonA-2-1-1536x1024.jpeg

YoonA-1-1-1-1536x1024.jpeg

To find out what happens next, tune in to the next episode of “Big Mouth” that airs on August 13 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

Girls’ Generation’s YoonA Volunteers At The Prison Where Her Husband Lee Jong Suk Is In “Big Mouth” | Soompi

• Like 3

Here is the ratings for Episode 6! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Big Mouth” Ratings Break Into Double Digits For New All-Time High

MBC’s “Big Mouth” soared to new heights last night!

On August 13, the new noir drama starring Lee Jong Suk and Girls’ Generation’s YoonA broke into the double digits to reach a new all-time high in viewership. According to Nielsen Korea, the sixth episode of “Big Mouth” scored an average nationwide rating of 10.8 percent, marking a significant increase from the night prior and setting a new personal record for the show.

“Big Mouth” Ratings Break Into Double Digits For New All-Time High | Soompi

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

A few things that have been on my heart that I haven't shared before:
- I love the soundtrack at the end of each episode or during dramatic moments, with the electric guitar...

- I'm pretty sure the mayor is no saint, could actually be ruthless, and I am thinking that because he seems to want to do anything in his power to beat Jun Ho at his own game and to win favor with the elder. That said, am I the only one thinking that he is good looking? :ph34r:

I was less frustrated this week with episode 5 and 6, I think because we are starting to learn more about each character. I am still confused by PCH, though: for a lawyer who was so bad he only had a 10% success rate, he seems too good at faking being Big Mouse, as if he actually could really be Big Mouse. That would be the easiest way to explain how Big Mouse's ledger, money etc. was hidden in that office.

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

@lilyphenix What I am still frustrated about is how Miho keeps blurting out all her suspicions to anyone and everyone without thinking it through first.

:headbang:
I also want to see more of Jerry because he is in the main posters but has had very little screen time.

@backstreetboysfan Almost 11% ratings. So happy! It’s a great drama :glee:

• Like 5