[Drama 2022] Big Mouth ◈ 빅마우스

Maetawinz

Lawyers must be the current it trend in K-drama Land eh.:joy: Why Her to Doctor Lawyer to Extraordinary Attorney Woo & now Big Mouth. 

I found the first ep. to be dull and then it picked up towards the end. Chang Ho's cutesy relationship with his fil ha-ha. Yoona mostly yells as the hubs haven't won a case to sustain their living expenses. 

The actor who plays the mayor he looks good here.:joy: He normally plays the guy in a one sided relationship or a secondary, forgettable role. 

Chang Ho should know better to have taken a drink from some waitress. It reminded me of "One Ordinary Day" where the ml made a lot of bad decisions that could've been avoided. Chang Ho look to be on a journey to rebirth in next preview. 

• Like 3

Here are the ratings for Episode 2! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Meanwhile, MBC’s new noir drama “Big Mouth” held relatively steady with an average nationwide rating of 6.1 percent for its second episode. Despite a slight dip from its premiere the night before, “Big Mouth” still defended its title as the most-watched drama in its time slot.

“Alchemy Of Souls” Achieves Its Highest Saturday Ratings Yet + “Big Mouth” Remains No. 1 In Time Slot For 2nd Episode | Soompi

• Like 2

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Watch: “Big Mouth” Cast And Crew Happily Celebrate Lee Jong Suk’s Birthday On Drama Set

“Big Mouth” revealed a behind-the-scenes look at the first episode!

“Big Mouth” is a hard-boiled noir drama starring Lee Jong Suk as Park Chang Ho, a third-rate lawyer who winds up in charge of a murder case that turns him overnight into a genius con artist known as “Big Mouse.” In order to survive and protect his family, the “big-mouthed” lawyer must expose a huge conspiracy among the privileged upper classes.

The making-of video starts with Lee Jong Suk arriving on the set and greeting the director with a warm hug. He teams up with Lee Ki Young, who plays his father-in-law in the drama, and they flawlessly immerse in to their roles. Although YoonA finished filming earlier, she stayed on the set to support her co-stars. She comments, “I think we’ll be able to film together next week. It’s their first day of filming today, so I waited to support them and monitor [the acting]. My father (Lee Ki Young) said, ‘Just go home! It’s okay,’ but how could I leave? But after watching them, I think I have a better idea of Mi Ho (her character’s name).”

Big-Mouth-1-2-800x450.jpg

Big-Mouth-2-1-800x450.jpg

Lee Jong Suk, YoonA, and Lee Ki Young gather together to film the scene where they eat at a fancy restaurant together. In the middle of filming, the director surprises Lee Jong Suk by bringing him a birthday cake. Lee Jong Suk is all smiles as YoonA, Lee Ki Young, and the crew sing “Happy Birthday,” and he makes a wish before blowing the candles out.

Spoiler

Big-Mouth-3-1-800x450.jpg

Big-Mouth-4-1-800x450.jpg

Watch: “Big Mouth” Cast And Crew Happily Celebrate Lee Jong Suk’s Birthday On Drama Set | Soompi

• Like 2

Hello, hello, happy to join this thread! I'm halfway through the first episode, and already think it will be hard to wait for the next two episodes every week! :sweatingbullets: Really liking the drama so far!

Spoiler

Am I the only who thinks the mayor might be involved in the accident? Might be the last, mysterious accomplice? I am wondering because:
- The real reason he hired the lawyer is to get rid of his (former) sponsors/acquaintances, and he obviously wants to find the hidden proof about the case, so he has the upper hand over them, I think...
- He was the only one who was told by Big Mouth who had the dash cam recording about the accident, so he could have hired someone to get it (for him), while at the same time silencing her?
- The friend's wife, who got attacked, jumped in fear when she saw him (the mayor), which again makes me think he is not such a good guy...

Thoughts? :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Finished episode 2. At this point I'm thinking that Changho's lawyer friend is Big Mouse: he knows him well enough to have planted all that evidence in CH's office in case he one day needed a clueless fall guy. He also knew the wife of one of the murderer had the video of the crime, so maybe could have arranged to try and still it from her (re: her assault)? Just a thought... Or knowing CH was going to get killed since the first attempt failed (car accident), he framed him as Big Mouse to save his life? To force the bad guys to keep him alive? Scratching my head here.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Blob 1

Managed to watch the first 2 episodes and gosh the drama is soo good! I can't wait to find out what happens next, it's so captivating love the premises! So happy to have Lee Jong-Suk back been missing his acting, as always he's phenomenal!

Chang-Ho is such a dummy can't believe he tried to blackmail the guy everyone is literally scared of because of his money and influence but nope he just goes there especially since the guys name was never even mentioned in the video, he could've at least made a copy I mean he is meant to be a lawyer so he should take precautions. He should've just stuck with the mayor instead of becoming greedy and ending up in that situation.

It's going to be interesting to find out who big Mouse is I mean surely it can't be the mayor as the places that everything was hidden must've been there for a long time so it has to be the friend, the father in law, the wife or Chang-Ho with his split personality, the lie detector scene was interesting as he was quite nervous and the lines were quite irregular, so it is possible he is just acting stupid, now that would be a good twist. Hope it's not like some random character that appears in episode 15-16!

The relationship that Chang-Ho has with his wife is so sweet she seems to have helped him a lot and stood beside him supporting him for a very long time, now finally a cute husband and wife relationship, without the usual cheating or marrying for money in the dramas. 

Loved how he kept asking everyone to kill him and he ends up finding out he's good at punching and manages to make the psychopath cry truly an icon got the whole prisons respect! So excited to see how he gets caught and not killed and what his next move to be killed will be!

Overall first 2 episodes 10/10! love the relationship with the father in law a nice change from family hating on the spouse.

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

YoonA Saves Lives As A Nurse During The Day And Searches For A Way To Free Husband Lee Jong Suk At Night In “Big Mouth”

Girls’ Generation’s YoonA’s life is about to take a chaotic twist in “Big Mouth”!

“Big Mouth” is a hard-boiled noir drama starring Lee Jong Suk as Park Chang Ho, a third-rate lawyer who winds up in charge of a murder case that turns him overnight into a genius con artist known as “Big Mouse.” In order to survive and protect his family, the “big-mouthed” lawyer must expose a huge conspiracy among the privileged upper classes.

Spoilers

Previously, Go Mi Ho (YoonA) made the brave decision to find out the truth of the Gucheon Hospital case related to her husband Park Chang Ho, who was falsely accused and sent to prison. Go Mi Ho applied to become a nurse at Gucheon Hospital, and the hospital director Hyun Joo Hee (Ok Ja Yeon) had a positive first impression of Go Mi Ho. Eventually, Go Mi Ho got the job, raising anticipation for her next moves.

The newly released photos depict Go Mi Ho’s hectic life after Park Chang Ho was framed for something he didn’t do. Go Mi Ho’s first day at Gucheon Hospital is nothing but busy. She deals with an emergency patient, and she can’t even have a proper meal during break time. One photo shows Hyun Joo Hee and Park Mi Young (Kim Sun Hwa) looking at Go Mi Ho strangely, raising tension. Go Mi Ho must remain at Gucheon Hospital no matter what, so it will be intriguing to see if she can adapt to her job without getting on anyone’s bad side.

YoonA-1229x1536.jpeg

YoonA-1-800x533.jpeg

Spoiler

Big-Mouth-800x533.jpeg

During the day, Go Mi Ho meticulously carries out her role as a veteran nurse. However, at night, she goes through the evidence she has collected in order to reveal the truth and clear Park Chang Ho’s name.

Spoiler

YoonA-3-800x533.jpeg

The next episode of “Big Mouth” will air on August 5 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

YoonA Saves Lives As A Nurse During The Day And Searches For A Way To Free Husband Lee Jong Suk At Night In “Big Mouth” | Soompi

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Annyeong chingus :waves:Tagging @Lmangla who is interested in watching this show :kiss_wink: and @Sleepy Owl who is watching it.

Finally managed to catch the first 2 episodes. Whilst I really fell for the synopsis of this drama, I found the episodes to be quite uneven in pace and delivery.

There were good elements like the cinematography and the acting, but the story dragged in some parts and there were unnecessary scenes especially in ep 2.

A tighter and quicker plot would be required in order for the show not to get draggy.

For now I find the father-in-law to be the most suspicious of them all....

1) He acted like he doesn't know how to fight in ep 2 - he's an ex-cop, no?

2) Finding the stuff in the ML's office was too clean. Too clean indeed.

3) He and his daughter are the ones who want the ML to survive in prison - by saying the ML is Big Mouse he is protected

But there are other suspicious people too:

- the prison guard - pretty sure he's somehow involved in all of this somehow - and he won't pull the trigger on the ML

- the mayor is a bad guy for sure.... it was clear how the wife of one of the bad guys reacted when she saw him - she got scared. he is orchestrating something big here

- the mayor's wife will come to play some big role in this drama - could she be Big Mouse? making Big Mouse into a woman would be a great twist!

Seeing we're only 2 episodes down, we've got a lot to uncover still. Let's see how the drama writers play it. :coolshades:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 1

8 minutes ago, Photo Photo said:

I am confused is it big mouth or big mouse? Sometimes they say big mouth sometimes they say big mouse I am super confused.

The official name in English is Big Mouth. It's a play on words in Korean (they don't have the sound "th" so both words are spelled 빅마우스/bigmouse in Korean.) The point is that he's a bragging "big mouth" until he is confused for the gangster "Big Mouse."

• Like 4
  • Blob 2

2 hours ago, frozentundra said:

The official name in English is Big Mouth. It's a play on words in Korean (they don't have the sound "th" so both words are spelled 빅마우스/bigmouse in Korean.) The point is that he's a bragging "big mouth" until he is confused for the gangster "Big Mouse."

Thanks for the explanation but it's still confusing how the subs can tell the difference lol. All I hear is bi Mousu and sometimes subs say mouth sometimes they say mouse depending on the scene lol. How do they know which one the character means!

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

@Gretule, I am intrigued by your theory and like you, I think that there is also a strong possibility that the ML has a split personality. If that is the case, that would remind me of the drama Bad & Crazy, where one of the personalities was dominating the other by creating all types of dangerous events. That said, I think his wife would have known if he had a split personality, due to possible unexplainable disappearances at work or at night...

@partyon, I felt the pace was uneven too at times, and also became predictive once he started provoking people in jail...

I'm still lost concerning  who Big Mouse is. I don't think I have enough information yet to make an accurate guess.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Lee Jong Suk Faces Off Against His Prison Warden In Fierce Power Struggle On “Big Mouth”

Get ready for sparks to fly in Gucheon Prison on MBC’s new drama “Big Mouth”!

“Big Mouth” is a hard-boiled noir drama starring Lee Jong Suk as Park Chang Ho, a third-rate lawyer who winds up in charge of a murder case that turns him overnight into a genius con artist known as “Big Mouse.” In order to survive and protect his family, including wife Go Mi Ho (played by Girls’ Generation’s YoonA), the “big-mouthed” lawyer must expose a huge conspiracy among the privileged upper classes.

Spoilers

Warning: mention of attempted suicide.

On the previous episode of “Big Mouth,” Park Chang Ho found himself locked up in Gucheon Prison after being framed as the criminal mastermind Big Mouse. After trying—and repeatedly failing—to prove his innocence, the lawyer decided that his best option would be to end his own life.

However, things soon took an unexpected turn when Park Chang Ho’s plans didn’t go the way he’d intended. While picking fights with some of the prison’s most dangerous inmates in an attempt to lure them into killing him, Park Chang Ho inadvertently wound up taking them down instead—and in the process, he emerged as one of the prison’s most feared and powerful individuals.

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming episode, prison warden Park Yoon Gap (played by Jung Jae Sung) and Park Chang Ho get into a heated standoff over who is the true top dog of Gucheon Prison. In contrast to Park Chang Ho’s helpless despair from earlier, the lawyer glares fiercely at Park Yoon Gap, who seems to be challenging him with his words and gaze.

Big-Mouth-768x1152.jpg

To find out why Park Chang Ho’s attitude towards the warden has grown so vicious—and what the aftermath of his escape attempt from the previous episode will be—catch the third episode of “Big Mouth” on August 5 at 9:50 p.m. KST!

Lee Jong Suk Faces Off Against His Prison Warden In Fierce Power Struggle On “Big Mouth” | Soompi

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

@lilyphenix @Gretule Like you, I also had the thought about the ML having split personality. Wouldn’t it be cool if it turned out the ML is the bad guy here? 

But I think this kind of twist would require some amazing writing - you know like Usual Supects style. Unfortunately I haven’t seen often that type of Academy Award worthy writing in kdramas, so it would be a huge task to get it to work. So not too convinced currently that this is the most likely scenario.

What would be cool, though, is if Big Mouse were a woman! :love: It is very rare for the main bad guy to be female, and that would be a terrific twist.

:yay:

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

17 minutes ago, partyon said:

What would be cool, though, is if Big Mouse were a woman! :love: It is very rare for the main bad guy to be female, and that would be a cool twist.

Totally agree! Which reminds me, didn't we have a Soompi game event about our favorite woman villains in KDrama? If not yet, that would be a good thing to vote on... :)

• Awesome 1

11 minutes ago, lilyphenix said:

Totally agree! Which reminds me, didn't we have a Soompi game event about our favorite woman villains in KDrama? If not yet, that would be a good thing to vote on... :)

Great event idea! :coolshades:

Will jot it down in our idea backlog. Thank you! :kiss_wink:

The mayor’s wife would be the perfect villain in this drama. 

• Blob 1