[Drama 2022] Big Mouth ◈ 빅마우스

Maetawinz

6 hours ago, Photo Photo said:

Thanks for the explanation but it's still confusing how the subs can tell the difference lol. All I hear is bi Mousu and sometimes subs say mouth sometimes they say mouse depending on the scene lol. How do they know which one the character means!

I guess it just depends on the context, if they are talking about him bragging or if they are talking about him being this gangster named Big Mouse. Because it's a deliberate play on words, there are probably moments where it's meant to be ambiguous or both, and the translator just has to pick one.

• Thanks 1
  • Blob 2

10 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

I guess it just depends on the context, if they are talking about him bragging or if they are talking about him being this gangster named Big Mouse. Because it's a deliberate play on words, there are probably moments where it's meant to be ambiguous or both, and the translator just has to pick one.

I thought that it was deliberate that they chose Big Mouth and Mouse here, as Koreans to my understanding pronounce it the same way? That's how the original Big Mouth (Chang Ho) was thought to be Big Mouse (yet to be revealed)?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lilyphenix said:

@Gretule, I am intrigued by your theory and like you, I think that there is also a strong possibility that the ML has a split personality. If that is the case, that would remind me of the drama Bad & Crazy, where one of the personalities was dominating the other by creating all types of dangerous events. That said, I think his wife would have known if he had a split personality, due to possible unexplainable disappearances at work or at night...

Did watch Bad and Crazy which I really enjoyed and definitely think that the split personality theory is quite intriguing. I mean he did not know he can punch like that as he said he never hit anyone, plus the lie detector was quite interesting as he did get very nervous. If him and his wife fight quite often and he stays at his office it can also be a possibility that she does not know, but I'm sure she has some suspicions. But its also interesting how the money was never used to pay back loan sharks, but I suppose his other personality would not really care about it that much.

Can't wait to see where the story goes, his episode 2 and the 3 preview facial expressions certainly show a different side to ML and does support the theory.

2 hours ago, partyon said:

@Gretule Like you, I also had the thought about the ML having split personality. Wouldn’t it be cool if it turned out the ML is the bad guy here? 

Yeah, it would make the drama more unique getting tired of all good guys all the time, but technically Big Mouse is not really a bad guy seems like he stole the rich guys investment who so far seems absolutely awful as he has no remorse for killing people. But yeah would love it if the drama actually had an anti hero like Devil Judge, which was absolutely incredible.

• Thanks 1
  • Blob 2

4 hours ago, Photo Photo said:

I am still not done with the second episode but what if big mouse was the prisoner guy with the mouse tattoo in his wrist. The one pretending to be a big fan of big mouse.

Well, this is actually one of my guesses as well. If there's one person that can pull off a role like that, it's Kwak Dong Yeon. That's what I told @Sleepy Owl too when I started ep 1. As soon as I saw Jerry's tattoo, he immediately made my list of suspects.

Kwakkie's such a great actor that he can turn into a real psycho if required. :glasses:

After ep 3, it's clear that the mayor's wife is a baddie too. My guess is that they're doing some kind of controversial stem cell experiments on the patients on floor 7, and the results of those are what the dead dude was trying to publish.

Isn't it quite interesting that the psychopath's mom is in that hospital as a patient right now...?

The experiments might be illegal or unethical for all we know. Or then the results are not as good as they have claimed them to be. In any case, this is starting to give me Mouse vibes @ferily and @Sleepy Owl

:loolz:

In any case, at this point Big Mouse could be anyone. Even Miho and Chang Ho's lawyer friends are suspicious. haha

• LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

Here is the ratings for Episode 3! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Big Mouth” Ratings Hit All-Time High As “Today’s Webtoon” Climbs Back Up

MBC’s new drama “Big Mouth” is on the rise!

On August 5, “Big Mouth” climbed to its highest viewership ratings yet for its third episode. According to Nielsen Korea, the new noir drama starring Lee Jong Suk and Girls’ Generation’s YoonA scored an average nationwide rating of 7.6 percent, marking a new personal record for the show.

“Big Mouth” also reached a new all-time high among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it scored an average rating of 3.3 percent.

“Big Mouth” Ratings Hit All-Time High As “Today’s Webtoon” Climbs Back Up | Soompi

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

I get more confused with each episode, which makes it challenging to go along with the storyline: too many of them without clear protagonists, and lost of unresolved threads. => This episode brought more questions/issues, without providing a single answer by the end, which is frustrating to me:
- Why make a promise as ridiculously broad as, "I will grant any wish." Like the prisoners not taking him seriously, it was hard for me to take him seriously, too. The man is a lawyer more known for losing cases than winning, and in debt. How does intent to grant these people wishes? Via his connection with the mayor?

- The mayor and him started something, Big Mouth messed up and ended up in jail. Since there has been zero interactions with them. The mayor following his wife... I guess he is trying to see he will discover something by observing her, which would confirm that Big Mouth is Big Mouse, but I don't see the point since it is not moving the story in any direction, in my opinion: his reaction when he sees her cry, I can't understand what we are supposed to think when seeing that.
- Unresolved in this episode, things that start new storylines: Will he try to find that man's daughter? How? With what resources? Will he try to help that man's mom? (maybe not anymore after what happened in episode 3) How? With what Resources?

I got lots of questions and no answers, just more questions after each episode...

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, lilyphenix said:

I got lots of questions and no answers, just more questions after each episode...

Yes, everything is a bit messy right now. The writers have some good dramas under their belt, but I think that their last drama Vagabond suffered from a weak ending (if I remember correctly?). Whereas the drama before that called Monster had an excellent ending.

For me the big question is if they will be able to pull off tying up all the plot lines they have started now. It could go really well or it could become an epic disaster.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Photo Photo said:

It's clear for now that the writing of the drama is poor and not very good.

Ooh, why do you feel that?

7 minutes ago, Photo Photo said:

Also, judging based on the writer's previous dramas we know the type of writing we are getting.

I've only watched Empress Ki by the writers before. It was a 50 episode sageuk, and for me it's a miracle that I didn't drop it because:

1) I dislike sageuks

2) I dislike long dramas

The writing was pretty good in my opinion.

• Like 1

@partyon 

1 hour ago, Photo Photo said:

Also, judging based on the writer's previous dramas we know the type of writing we are getting.

I liked Empress Ki (I don't usually engage in long dramas either, but I made an exception that one and for Jumong), and also actually really liked Vagabond. I thought it ended awkwardly because they were setting it up for a season 2, then COVID happened and it seemed it wasn't ideal to make it anymore (they were filming outside of South Korea and travels were shut down for a while, if you remember). So based on the last two shows you mentioned that the writers made, I am trusting them with this one, but I need their help in keeping me sane and engaged more. It is distracting to continually question characters' motives because there is so much we don't know about their past or backstory... And we end up not being sure of who is really who...

I thank you both for the input, it's very enlightening! Exited to watch episode 4 soon! :1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1):

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Girls’ Generation’s YoonA Grows Rigid With Tension When She Notices A Mysterious Man Following Her In “Big Mouth”

MBC’s “Big Mouth” has shared a heart-thumping preview of Girls’ Generation’s YoonA getting involved in a dangerous situation!

“Big Mouth” is a hard-boiled noir drama starring Lee Jong Suk as Park Chang Ho, a third-rate lawyer who winds up in charge of a murder case that turns him overnight into a genius con artist known as “Big Mouse.” In order to survive and protect his family, the “big-mouthed” lawyer must expose a huge conspiracy among the privileged upper classes.

Spoilers

Previously on “Big Mouth,” Go Mi Ho (YoonA) infiltrated Gucheon Hospital to clear Park Chang Ho’s name and found something strange happening among the cancer patients. Only the patients admitted to the cancer ward on the seventh floor has a DNR order. What was even more suspicious was that a guardian of a patient from the same floor asked her to “save her husband.” In addition, Hyun Joo Hee (Ok Ja Yeon) urged Go Mi Ho leave the hospital because her husband is “Big Mouse,” but she firmly refused to do so.

Prison ward Park Yoon Gap (Jung Jae Sung) threatened Park Chang Ho, saying, “They won’t leave your family alone. They can get rid of them in an instant without anyone ever finding out.”

The newly released stills cause viewers to recall Park Yoon Gap’s threat. In the photos, an unidentified stranger follows Go Mi Ho, evoking apprehension. After noticing the suspicious man, Go Mi Ho starts to become wary of her surroundings.

Big-Mouth-2-800x533.jpeg

Big-Mouth-1-800x533.jpeg

Spoiler

Big-Mouth-1-800x533.jpeg

YoonA-4-800x533.jpeg

Big-Mouth-3-800x533.jpeg

To find out who the stranger tailing her is, tune in to the next episode of “Big Mouth” that airs on August 6 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

Girls’ Generation’s YoonA Grows Rigid With Tension When She Notices A Mysterious Man Following Her In “Big Mouth” | Soompi

• Like 1

Episode 4, was good. Still not sure who is Big mouth lol but.

Could it be Park Chang-ho with an other persona. it could of locked away when he fell in love with Yoona but he did get hurt so that could of brought the other persona out again.

Or I could be so wrong I didn't know lol. I do still have others on my list to. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

5 hours ago, partyon said:

Ooh, why do you feel that?

I've only watched Empress Ki by the writers before. It was a 50 episode sageuk, and for me it's a miracle that I didn't drop it because:

1) I dislike sageuks

2) I dislike long dramas

The writing was pretty good in my opinion.

I liked empress Ki but vagabond was badly written in my opinion as for monster it was fund to watch but very cheesy and cliche. We will see how this one turns out ^^

• Like 2

Here is the ratings for episode 4! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Alchemy Of Souls” And “It’s Beautiful Now” Soar To Their Highest Saturday Ratings Yet + “Big Mouth” Hits New All-Time High

Meanwhile, MBC’s new drama “Big Mouth” successfully continued its upward trend in viewership as it climbed to its highest ratings yet. The fourth episode of the noir drama scored an average nationwide rating of 8.6 percent, securing its position as the most-watched drama in its time slot.

“Alchemy Of Souls” And “It’s Beautiful Now” Soar To Their Highest Saturday Ratings Yet + “Big Mouth” Hits New All-Time High | Soompi

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

9 hours ago, partyon said:

Poll Time: First Impressions

Please vote chingus! Let us know how you liked the first 4 episodes. :kiss_wink:

re: @Sleepy Owl @agenth @confusedheart

@frozentundra 

I live in a country in which Disney apparently has no interest in airing the Kdramas it has acquired, and am visiting another country that is the same. :( As a long time LJS fan this is highly disturbing to me. I've just been watching clips online so far, but it looks awesome, I'm so impressed with the acting and have really missed LJS on screen!! The little bits I've seen of Yoona so far are great, too. I know I can do a complicated VPN thing to watch it, but I'm going to have to wait until I am home again to figure it out. I'll be back! :)

• Love 1