[Drama 2022] Big Mouth ◈ 빅마우스

Maetawinz

9 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

:D i havent watch it all...didnt finish ep1 that day...will update when i do... :D

Omo! :scream: This is such an awesome drama. You can even see that the general public is liking it with the ratings increasing and passing Alchemy of Souls. Hope you decide to continue it.

:please:

1 hour ago, frozentundra said:

I live in a country in which Disney apparently has no interest in airing the Kdramas it has acquired, and am visiting another country that is the same. :( 

Yes, it's too bad not Viki or Viu could get the rights to air it. I hope you get it sorted out. :kiss_wink:

1 hour ago, frozentundra said:

I've just been watching clips online so far, but it looks awesome, I'm so impressed with the acting and have really missed LJS on screen!!

I'm especially impressed with LJS's acting. Can't believe I had never seen him in a lead role before. The guy is nailing it in the acting department! :love:

Chingus, after ep 4 this drama is becoming more and more rich with possibilities of what is really going on. The hottest theory of course being that Lee Jong Suk is Mr. Big Mouse himself. An agency or group of people seems very likely too. As well as Jerry being the seemingly naive and cute fraudster but in fact being the guy everyone's talking about (as a HUGE Kwakkie fan, this would be an awesome twist) :heart:

These are some thoughts I have:

• We know nothing about Chang Ho's past. He's unusually close to his father-in-law, yet we know nothing about who he is and where he came from. I have a feeling that Big Mouse is somehow connected to his past or that at least a part of the story or one of the prisoners is connected to it.
    We heard No Bak (the prisoner who got stabbed and who is a fortune teller) explain that he was an orphan himself and that he was looking for his daughter who had disappeared. I'm pretty sure Chang Ho might have some connection to it. Is Chang Ho an orphan too? Are they related? I am also pretty sure that the NR Forum has something to do with the daughter's disappearance....
  • The mayor's wife Juhee is surely someone with power (seeing she has the support of the elder/orishin - I'm guessing this person is the leader of NR Forum). She's not innocent at all, and whatever they're up to on floor 7 (whether it be some weird experiments or scamming money from the patients' life insurances) she's directly involved in it.
  • I think Miho and Chang Ho are really naive thinking that they can trust the Mayor even though it seems right now that he's trying to help. I bet that he's gonna turn on them sooner or later once he's been able to free himself from NR Forum. If something's been clear from the start, it's that Miho and Chang Ho are 2 reckless people who trust people too easily and don't think before they act.
  • I 100% agree that someone inside the prison is helping Park Chang Ho. Either the men of Big Mouse is in there, or Big Mouse himself is in there.
  • I am really suspicious of Guard Gan Soo Chul (the guy with the baseball cap). I definitely think he's in on this somehow. Either he's a part of the Big Mouse gang, or he's an undercover agent. Dude clearly has a role in all of this. He might even be part of the prosecution for all we know?
    My thought is that if Park Chang Ho gives the right names to Ji Hoon in ep 5, this guy might have been the one who gave them to Chang Ho...

Questions I have:

• I only now realized that it was Park Hoon who played Professor Seo. :flushed: He normally does evil roles REALLY well, and it's a pity if we don't see more of him. To my understanding Professor Seo was also a part of NR Forum, so my question is if he was really a good guy or a bad guy here?
  • We heard in ep 3 that 3 prisoners wanted wishes. We saw only 2 wishes (No Bak and the psychopath). Do you think that it's intentional that we didn't see who the third person was and what his wish was? Will it be shown later as a flashback and serve as a huge plot twist....?
    :notsureifserious:
  • Jerry explained in the beginning that he called himself Jerry because he was a huge fan of Big Mouse, and thus he decided to use the name from Tom and Jerry.
    kwak-dong-yeon-2-1jpeg-20220719095753.jp
    Now we all know that Jerry ALWAYS outsmarts Tom...And actually is a genius mouse. Tom is endlessly trying to pursue Jerry, but never succeeds.
    Do you think it was just a coincidence that Jerry chose this name, or is it possible that he is a lot smarter than he appears, and might even be Big Mouse himself?

@lilyphenix @Min2206 @backstreetboysfan @Gretule @Sleepy Owl @rocher22 and everyone else who might be watching this, what do you think?

Really hoping that @joccu chingu picks up this drama. She normally has good predictions and theories. :kiss_wink:

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Blob 2

@partyon... haha i will... im just waiting for more episodes to air... when he just drank the juice or something given by the hotel staff just like that, i thought that was just an easy mistake that creates a lot of problems hence the start of the drama... 

but im sure LKS's drama should be good...

(cant say about his other drama where he acted as a north korean doctor, interesting  start but it just went downhill by the middle of the drama and i lost interest); fingers crossed that this would be great all the way...

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

I wonder what the fortune teller told the warden when he was lying in the bed after he got stabbed. I also don't understand the motivations of the warden, sometimes his actions looks like he is helping Park Chang Ho like when he stopped him from being killed by releasing the guards. It's not clear to me what he is trying to do or is he just playing both sides here and there.

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

okay so I now watched the first two episodes.

My first thoughts: 

I should not find this funny but I was laughing when Chang Ho was trying to get himself killed. I mean the Fortune teller told that he has long life.  Like didn´t he think that he would fail in all his attempts. 

If he would his brain more maybe he could figure a way out. it going probably happen in future.

The Big Mouse. For now I think it is an organization and not just one person. Or it could be that there is Big mouse conman and everything else is done by organization like the drugs. 

tagging @partyon thanks for the recommendation.  So far this looks really solid drama

• Like 2
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, joccu said:

I should not find this funny but I was laughing when Chang Ho was trying to get himself killed. I mean the Fortune teller told that he has long life.  Like didn´t he think that he would fail in all his attempts. 

I was laughing too. It was kind of funny. :D

I guess that's what impresses me about this drama. That it isn't too serious all the time.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

@partyon  about your questions. Here are some of my opinions:

About Professor Seo. My guess is that he was a good guy. He figured that they were doing some bad stuff in the hospital. Some clinical test or using their patients as guinea pigs. he wrote some paper about it and that got him killed. 

about the third wish. I have this feeling that the third person is the guard with the baseball cap. He look really suspicious.

Jerry being to Big mouse would be twist. But it could totally be him. I mean he has the mouse tattoo.  But it could be also a ruse. 

My questions are:

how my does Mayor Doha knows about his wife. ?  And how involved his Wife is?  

Who is Elder? How much power does he have? IS he related to Ji Hoon or Doha wife?

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

Just now, joccu said:

Who is Elder? How much power does he have? IS he related to Ji Hoon or Doha wife?

I was also wondering about that, but I was curious about the word "orishin" (elder) and asked @agenth about it. She said it's normally used for people who are NOT related to you by blood.

So it's possible neither are related to him. My guess is that he is the leader of NR Forum. I'm very curious about who he is though...

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

12 hours ago, partyon said:

Now we all know that Jerry ALWAYS outsmarts Tom...And actually is a genius mouse. Tom is endlessly trying to pursue Jerry, but never succeeds.
Do you think it was just a coincidence that Jerry chose this name, or is it possible that he is a lot smarter than he appears, and might even be Big Mouse himself?

Your analysis is really enlightening, thank you so much for sharing! You made a very convincing argument about Jerry... And what are the odds that PCH would end up in the jail and ward? And with what you said about Jerry (who appears weaker than Tom and pretty much anyone else, but outsmart them while looking innocent), I am now convinced that he might be Big Mouse, too, but also that BM might have a little crew, no matter how small.

On the 3rd person who had a wish, I hope they will circle back to it, because it is one of the multiple unfinished storylines within the big story that could/should be coming full circle within the same episode... 

Almost everyone except PCH people (apparently) seem to have a double life or secret agenda: the mayor, his wife, the prison manager, many of the prisoners, the VIPs, the nurses at the cancer treatment facility, the prosecution... It's piling up more at every episode. We need to start knowing more about people's past, not just about PCH's love story of 16 years...

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

22 minutes ago, lilyphenix said:

We need to start knowing more about people's past, not just about PCH's love story of 16 years...

Chingu, this is the part that is most boring for me. Haven't found them to add much to the story for now. The writers might be using these flashbacks to build up a connection between the main characters - you know so that the audience will root for them. "Us against the world".

Or then they might be using them to later start showing flashback scenes from their past that actually do pertain to the present moment. Maybe things about PCH's past that aren't that innocent?

No Idea Idk GIF by Muppet Wiki

In any case, am not finding them very useful right now and I actually find them a bit annoying as they break the flow of the story.

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

13 hours ago, partyon said:

and everyone else who might be watching this, what do you think?

Some of my thoughts

- I like the chemistry between Mayor Choi and Miho   :D

- Jerry is my fav character... he looks a little scary despite being the only inmate who is smiling  

FZFSm_GUcAE8V_e?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

The prison guard with a hat is deff suspicious. I feel like something is going on between him and Chang Ho coz he is always staring at Chan Ho weirdly. Could he be the person killing those prisoners disguised as suicide?

Also, we know that big mouse is not a very good person. He is not simply stealing money from the rich but he is also a drug dealer. If Chang Ho is really big mouse then he is also a bad guy which will be hard to pull to have a main character as a bad person as well unless they say he has split personality or something.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

Quick Poll: Kimchi Slap - Your Weapon of Choice?

YOU are PLAYING the Female Lead (FL) in a makjang kdrama/cdrama/Thai lakorn.

You're about to PRETEND to slap the annoying and evil 2nd FL who is trying to steal the man (Male Lead) you've been eyeing. What will  you use to slap her with?

Kimchi? Seaweed? Spaghetti?

tumblr_inline_pt2xv7WGQT1qcgu07_250.gifv

Please vote!

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @Sleepy Owl @confusedheart @agenth

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, backstreetboysfan said:

I really hope that it is not Jerry thought.

I hope it's Jerry!

Why?

Because Kwakkie is such a great actor despite his young age, and he is more than capable from changing from the happy-go-lucky sheepish character into a cold scary dark villain within a second. If someone in this drama could pull this off, it would be him! :love: So in that sense, I would hope that the production team would utilize his talent.

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

1 minute ago, partyon said:

I hope it's Jerry!

Why?

Because Kwakkie is such a great actor despite his young age, and he is more than capable from changing from the happy-go-lucky sheepish character into a cold scary dark villain within a second. If someone in this drama could pull this off, it would be him!  So in that sense, I would hope that the production team would utilize his talent.

Yeah he would do an amazing job if it is him eh. He could pull it off so we just have to see. But I do love their friendship so much that is why I am torn lol.

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

I like how the writer has made us guess about who the Big Mouse could be. For now, Chang Mo is the biggest candidate for it, but then again, if you pay attention this story is being narrated by Chang Mo himself, which kind of for now is showing that he is not the Big Mouse. But then again, maybe he is fooling the viewers too. 

I don't think Big Mouse is a group of people. What I feel is, Big Mouse is actually a person with people working for him. So he is sort of controlling the whole situation there. Definitely his main target seems to be Mr. Orishin aka the Elder, since by the looks of it the bad dude lost The Elder's money to the Big Mouse. 

There are many things we don't know about yet. Is Chang Mo's office his own or rented? I think it is rented since while being arrested he was talking about being behind in paying its rent. And by the looks of it he has been using the same office/chamber whatever it is called since the first day he started his practice, since I think we saw the same in his flashback. If he is not the Big Mouse, someone close to him is definitely the one seeing how he ended up renting the office which has Big Mouse's stolen stuff hidden inside the walls and the roof.

We know he has been with FL since his school days, and also by the looks of it his father-in law has been working with him since the start, and most probably he helped Chang Mo get the office. The FL can also be the Big Mouse, and honestly I would love it if the FL ends up being the Big Mouse there. 

The fact that Chang Mo also had the nickname "Big Mouth" which pronounced in the same way as "Big Mouse" is also not a coincidence in my opinion. I think somehow this whole thing was leading to Chang Mo ending up as Big Mouse (even if he is not) and going to prison. 

While the Mayor dude seems to be super suspicious to me, and I am sure he definitely is not a good guy, I feel like for now Chang Mo and FL can only trust him. This is more of "Enemy of my Enemy is my friend" kind of situation. Seeing how easily he abandoned Chang Mo, I am sure he will do the same at a point in the future. So let's see how Chang Mo and Mi Ho will be dealing with it. 

Jerry is another candidate to be the Big Mouse, but I think at least for now, if he is not the Big Mouse, he is part of his gang or underlings. As I said before, I am sure Big Mouse is one guy with several others working under him. So Jerry and the prison guard too seem to the ones moving according to the real Big Mouse's orders. 

Mayor's wife is one evil lady, and as @partyon Noona has pointed out, surely the forced DNR signing in the ward 7 (or was it floor 7) patients is related to the unpublished paper that everyone is after. She might not be the ultimate baddie since I think The Elder is the ultimate baddie, but she will prove to be worse than Ji Hoon going forward. 

Its good to see a very smart FL. Mi Ho immediately knew what was going on in the hospital, and how is beating the hospital staff at their own game. I really liked how she took the photo of the chart before it was changed and how she had the Mayor's guy trapped in his own game. 

On 8/7/2022 at 11:58 AM, partyon said:
  • I only now realized that it was Park Hoon who played Professor Seo. :flushed: He normally does evil roles REALLY well, and it's a pity if we don't see more of him. To my understanding Professor Seo was also a part of NR Forum, so my question is if he was really a good guy or a bad guy here?

The fact that he is played by Park Hoon, I am sure we will at least get to see more flashback scenes. He is dead or not is something we will have see. Did he go rogue and decide to reveal every dirty secret of NR Forum? Or was he killed just for some other reason, I am sure we will be getting more info about it. 

We heard in ep 3 that 3 prisoners wanted wishes. We saw only 2 wishes (No Bak and the psychopath). Do you think that it's intentional that we didn't see who the third person was and what his wish was? Will it be shown later as a flashback and serve as a huge plot twist....?

I am also curious to see who this third person is, but I agree that it will be used as some plot twist there. I am also curious to see what Mr. No Park will whispered in the ears of Prison Head :rubchin:

Surely Jerry is a lot more smarter than he shows to be. As I said earlier too, regardless of Chang Mo being Big Mouse or not, Jerry (if he is not Big Mouse) is connected to Big Mouse and gets order from him/her. The whole betting thing he did in the latest episode without telling Chang Mo and Chang Mo using it in his advantage shows Jerry knows how to make moves which is favoring Chang Mo for now. 

Again, regardless of who Big Mouse is, he/she is controlling the whole situation in the prison with Chang Mo being the central figure there. The 2 deaths also explain them. So let's see how things will unfold :eats:

On 8/5/2022 at 10:46 PM, partyon said:

The experiments might be illegal or unethical for all we know. Or then the results are not as good as they have claimed them to be. In any case, this is starting to give me Mouse vibes @ferily and @Sleepy Owl

I am not sure if @ferily Chingu is watching this since the title contains "Mouse" in it :rubchin:

Legends say she is not going to watch any drama containing the word "Mouse" since it is impossible for them to match the quality and writing excellence of the original "Mouse" :loolz:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, ferily said:

partyon @Sleepy Owl please explain this to me 

This a source of confusion for us all :D 

In English the drama was called Big Mouse at first but later changed to Big Mouth.

I Have No Idea Shrug GIF

Long story short:

Lee Jung Suk’s character is a lawyer with a measly 10% win rate. Because he’s very good at talking, he earns the name Big Mouth.

Later he is framed for a crime that a notorious criminal Big Mouse has committed. He ends up in prison and everyone believes he’s the criminal Big Mouse. He is now in the process of trying to prove his innocence. But to do that, he has to pretend that he’s really Big Mouse (not just Big Mouth)…

As we all know Big Mouth and Big Mouse are pronounced similarly by Koreans, so the wordplay seems to be deliberate here?

The drama is good! Do join us chingu. :kiss_wink:

• Like 2
  • Blob 2