[Drama 2022] Big Mouth ◈ 빅마우스

Maetawinz

1 minute ago, lilyphenix said:

I had the same reaction!! I thought, "Haven't you learned anything??!"

Chingu, she really is too impulsive for her own good. It's like watching a train wreck slowly happening with her... :grimace:

What do you think of the mayor btw? He's really start to ping me as being a person who is up to no good. I can't believe they are still trusting him.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Just finished episode 1 and am trying not to read all the spoilers here. :lol: But I’m glad the drama is doing so well! Will try to catch up to you all. 

And I have to say, after 1 episode, the mayor seems pretty shady for sure. At least that’s the way they’ve filmed him, in my opinion. I also love Miho’s dad. He cracked me up when he hypothetically chose to live with Changho in the event of a divorce. 

• Like 4
  • Awesome 2

8 hours ago, partyon said:

What do you think of the mayor btw? He's really start to ping me as being a person who is up to no good. I can't believe they are still trusting him.

He always has a scary look when there is a new discovery, and he is always around when that happens, somehow:
- he looked scary when he learned that Han Jeo's wife knew something that could help find Seo's killer, and somehow she was almost killed, and got scared when she saw him;

- He knew about the witness who was going to show at the prosecution, and the person ended up dying...
- He's gotta know about his wife fishy business, since he is good at uncovering other people's secrets, and maybe he invested money in that shady research project, to make money once they develop whatever vaccine/medication they are working on, once it goes on the market... Otherwise, why would he be interested in Seo's research?
- He's obviously got secrets: I don't think he ever said he wants to get rid of his incarcerated "friends" (? I will need to double-check) because they are bad people, but I remember saying it's because they force him to do what they want? It's not exactly the same thing...

What do you think he is up to? :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

12 hours ago, lilyphenix said:

What do you think he is up to? :ph34r:

Well, I know he's up to trying to push out Ji Hoon and his minions, by becoming chummy with the orishin. I understand he doesn't want to be pushed around by the NR Forum people anymore, but to me it looks more like he wants to rule NR Forum...

So for now I don't believe he's any kind of good guy who is on Chang Ho's side. On the contrary, I think he's using him for his own gain.

For me, Dr Han's wife's reaction in ep 1 was too telling to me. She was actually scared of the Mayor. Means he's a baddie.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

New Event: My Soompi Corner- Summer Round-Up :piggydance:

Chingus, so how was the summer of 2022? What dramas have you been watching?  Time to we catch up with each other. Do drop in and share what you have been up to.  

Your friendly, neighbourhood EO Team 

@confusedheart @partyon @Sleepy Owl and @agenth

• Like 2

Jerry should be Big Mouse right...:surprisedwut:

Darn i wrote that before the preview of ep7.... they cant let Mr Kwak be nothing in the drama,  he needs to be  the evil secondary actor....

Dr Han, wife abuser... crazy man...how did he not catch his wife having the affair before Dr Seo got killed... dense afteralll... hehe

The prison scenes are getting depressing, i hope there are more outside prison scenes in the 2nd half of the drama...

• Like 1
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

Darn i wrote that before the preview of ep7.... they cant let Mr Kwak be nothing in the drama,  he needs to be  the evil secondary actor....

Yes, Kwakkie’s role has been very small compared to most people in the drama so far. Even the VIPs and Warden Park have had so many more lines than Kwakkie

:crybaby:

I am also hoping they didn’t just include him in this drama with no bigger role than this. I did notice that the camera cued in on him a lot more in ep 5 and 6 though, so I think they’ve started to build up his story line finally.

Kwakkie fighting! :hwaiting:

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

K-netz comments about Big Mouth :kiss_wink:

'Big Mouth' jumps past 10% viewer ratings

0003078972_001_20220815083101319.jpg

Article: A battle of the brains, 'Big Mouth' surpasses 10% viewer ratings

Source: Yonhap News via Naver + Insight

1. [+62, -1] This drama's so good... It's my #1 drama these days... Let's get Lee Jong Suk to a daesang

2. [+27, -0] It's so good ㅋ

3. [+23, -1] I started watching reruns and finally caught up this week..!! It's seriously so good..

4. [+18, -2] This is the only drama I've been watching lately. Yoona's so good.

5. [+12, -1] Watching for Lee Jong Suk~

6. There's an addictive quality to Lee Jong Suk's acting... Kwak Dong Yeon is the Big Mouse, right?

7. I've been trying to watch because I like Yoona but starting in the middle has made it difficult to keep up with the plot... Yoona's acting, however, has seemed to improve a bit. I think it's helped that she's let go of her greed and picked a few characters in a row that she can pull off..

8. The Lee Jong Suk Effect

9. This is a must watch, it's so good

10. I've been telling everyone that it's good! It's legendary

11. I'm pretty sure the Big Mouse is Kwak Dong Yeon

12. Can 'The Good Detective' get some hype too, it's really good

13. Every Lee Jong Suk drama has been really good

14. I randomly started watching it and totally fell in love! Now I'm so curious to find out who the Big Mouse is!

15. I started watching because 'Alchemy of Souls' skipped a week and now I think I'll be tuning in for this starting next week...

source: https://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2022/08/big-mouth-jumps-past-10-viewer-ratings.html

• Like 2

On 8/14/2022 at 6:35 PM, the_sweetroad said:

Just finished episode 1 and am trying not to read all the spoilers here. :lol: But I’m glad the drama is doing so well! Will try to catch up to you all. 

And I have to say, after 1 episode, the mayor seems pretty shady for sure. At least that’s the way they’ve filmed him, in my opinion. I also love Miho’s dad. He cracked me up when he hypothetically chose to live with Changho in the event of a divorce. 

@partyon ~ I finally got around to seeing the drama and checking out ep 1. yay!

@the_sweetroad ~ I also cracked up when miho's dad said he would choose changho because he needs him. LOL. 

so impressions of ep 1?

-- the bedroom curtains are nasty -- look like they got transplanted from the 70s and such a sore eye. 

-- I also didn't like the bathroom tiles for some reason. too many leaves. 

-- found it amusing how he stole her eye cream

-- like that we skip all the romance and are in the married phase. it is fun to watch them bicker and also still love each other under all that prickiness. beats the whole falling in love arc we see in other dramas as it wouldn't really fit the tone of this drama. 

-- those two car crashes looked well done in terms of camera work as well as damage. production has spent money!!! 

--  one of the suspects was in a daily drama. he was a real sweetie there and had a nice romance. funny to see him all being a moron in this drama. 

-- lee jong suk has a mole under his eye. looks kind of sexy? hahahahha

-- the lighting is great! thank goodness. isn't it fantastic to have a crime drama where you can see everyone's faces including their moles and pores on their skin? 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
  • LOL 2

46 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

-- lee jong suk has a mole under his eye. looks kind of sexy? hahahahha

Sweetie, you are using the word sexy about an oppa? :scream:

Oh My God Reaction GIF by The Swoon

Hope you will watch up to and including ep 3. The drama starts getting real good/thrilling in ep 3 :coolshades:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

23 minutes ago, partyon said:

Sweetie, you are using the word sexy about an oppa?

:lol: hahahahah..... well he is skinny like miho said in the drama. I found that amusing that they make fun of him. he doesn't look as skinny when he is in track clothes. but in some scenes, he looks lanky and others like the clothes swallow him up. bit more muscle needed eh? but yea, the mole under his eye looked cute and it is so nice that we have lighting that we can actually see it!!! he needs a new haircut though so he can show off that mole more often. hahahaha. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

ep 2 thoughts:

okay I am getting the tone of this drama -- it is sort of like a black comedy and not necessarily meant to be tragic or high drama.

the first half of ep 2 was kind of a bore but then the second half actually had me laughing. so the guy decides that he is going to kill himself even though other prisoner told him that he is destined to have a long life. he then cooks up various confrontations with hardcore criminals and instead of getting killed, he ends up getting a reputation that other prisoners get scared of him. bwahahhaha... :lol:

can also see how changho and miho are really a couple in that they are both bit impulsive, quick to fight and not necessarily the brightest and have some rather random bad luck. found her interview answer hilarious -- the cafeteria food is good? and that gets her pass in interview? kekeke... righto! 

am not sure why a criminal would call himself big mouse. the young prisoner mentioned tom and jerry. does that mean there is a big cat as well somewhere in this story? hahahahha...

@partyon ~ which character is kwakkie playing? 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

4 hours ago, Prettysup said:

I am confused, is it supposed to be Big Mouth or Big Mouse?

my understanding is that in korean, big mouth and big mouse sound very simliar; something like 'hannah, anna' . changho's nickname is big mouth because he tends to claim big promises but is not a very good lawyer and cannot deliver. big mouse is the name of some criminal that all are looking for. 

• Like 4

YoonA-Kim-Joo-Heon.jpg?s=900x600&e=t

Girls’ Generation’s YoonA Is Attacked By A Mystery Figure In “Big Mouth”

MBC’s “Big Mouth” has shared a chilling sneak peek of its next episode!

“Big Mouth” is a hard-boiled noir drama starring Lee Jong Suk as Park Chang Ho, a third-rate lawyer who winds up in charge of a murder case that turns him overnight into a genius con artist known as “Big Mouse.” In order to survive and protect his family, including wife Go Mi Ho (played by Girls’ Generation’s YoonA), the “big-mouthed” lawyer must expose a huge conspiracy among the

Spoilers

Previously on “Big Mouth,” Go Mi Ho embarked on a dangerous search for the truth at Gucheon Hospital. While tailing the suspicious head nurse, Go Mi Ho got closer to the dark secrets hidden at the hospital—and with Mayor Choi Do Ha (Kim Joo Heon) in her corner as an ally, it seemed as though things were going her way.

However, in newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming episode, things take a dark turn when Go Mi Ho is suddenly attacked at the hospital. Wearing a panicked expression, Go Mi Ho urgently sends off an emergency text asking for help when she realizes that her life is in danger.

In the next set of photos, Choi Do Ha finds Go Mi Ho collapsed on the elevator floor with bruises on her neck and her neatly tied hair undone—and his eyes widen in shock when he spots what she’s clutching in her hand.

YoonA-3-1229x1536.jpg

YoonA-2-1-768x512.jpg

Spoiler

Kim-Joo-Heon-YoonA-800x533.jpg

Kim-Joo-Heon-800x533.jpg

To find out what Go Mi Ho has in her hand—and whether Choi Do Ha is really there to help her—tune in to the next episode of “Big Mouth” on August 19 at 9:50 p.m. KST!

Girls’ Generation’s YoonA Is Attacked By A Mystery Figure In “Big Mouth” | Soompi

• Blob 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Reasons Why Girls’ Generation’s YoonA Is Captivating Viewers In “Big Mouth”

Girls’ Generation’s YoonA is continuing to impress viewers each week on “Big Mouth”!

MBC’s “Big Mouth” is a hard-boiled noir drama starring Lee Jong Suk as Park Chang Ho, a third-rate lawyer who winds up in charge of a murder case that turns him overnight into a genius con artist known as “Big Mouse.” In order to survive and protect his family, including wife Go Mi Ho (YoonA), the “big-mouthed” lawyer must expose a huge conspiracy among the privileged upper classes.

As the drama’s plot continues to thicken and Go Mi Ho must step up for her husband, here are three main reasons why YoonA is captivating the audience of “Big Mouth”!

1. Girl crush female lead

Go Mi Ho is a refreshing character who resolves the frustrations of viewers with her quick wits, solving situations on her own accord and combining her intelligence with her actions. She’s an incredibly forward character who casually ignores bullying from her co-workers. Even in fearful situations where someone is coming after her, Go Mi Ho only remains scared for a brief moment before courageously chasing them back and identifying them.

When she discovers a leak in her home, Go Mi Ho confidently sets off to regain her rights as a representative for her family. When the detective asks rude questions, she counters with just as much force, shifting the atmosphere.

In a recent episode, Go Mi Ho also succeeded at locating the whereabouts of the thesis written by Professor Seo (Park Hoon), showcasing her problem solving abilities as well as her competitive nature. Stay tuned for even more exciting moments that capture Go Mi Ho’s strong will.

YoonA-1-2-800x533.jpeg

2. Widened acting spectrum

While YoonA has appeared in a wide variety of films and dramas, her role as Go Mi Ho expands her acting spectrum even further. “Big Mouth” is YoonA’s first noir drama and thus offers the chance for her to display a new side of herself. When YoonA must portray Go Mi Ho’s strong and charismatic side, she uses a deeper voice tone with clear diction. To convey Go Mi Ho’s loneliness and affection, YoonA adds to the drama with her sorrowful tears and detailed emotions.

As Go Mi Ho is a veteran nurse, she must be familiar with difficult medical terminology. In order to do so naturally, YoonA received advice from real life medical professionals. For her marching band scene, YoonA personally visited a real high school and practiced for long periods of time with the heavy drum sticks until her hands were blistered and bruised. YoonA’s dedication captures her desire to perfect each and every scene.

YoonA-2-2-1023x1536.jpeg

3. Living up to her beauty

No matter how much time goes by and what kind of role she is portraying, YoonA always blows the audience away with her perfect appearance – which continues to be evident in “Big Mouth.” Right off the bat, YoonA impressed with her seamless transformation into a nurse and impressed even further with her gorgeous employee ID photo.

As the story moves back and forth throughout time, YoonA has portrayed Go Mi Ho at all different ages, including high school, university, and as a young adult. Styling herself perfectly for each age and scenario, YoonA has captivated viewers with her timeless beauty.

Spoiler

YoonA-3-2-800x533.jpeg

YoonA-4-1-800x533.jpeg

Even before the “Big Mouth” premiere, viewers were incredibly excited to see the chemistry between YoonA and Lee Jong Suk. Starting off with their adorable puppy love, the couple develops a deeper and more mature relationship when they’re forced to be apart, showcasing their sorrow and longing for one another.

“Big Mouth” airs every Friday and Saturday at 9:50 p.m. KST.

Reasons Why Girls’ Generation’s YoonA Is Captivating Viewers In “Big Mouth” | Soompi

• Like 1