My Ultimate Oppa <3

partyon

Poll: My Ultimate Korean Actor Oppa  

163 members have voted

1. 1. My Ultimate Ahjussi Oppa (choose up to 3)

2. 2. My Ultimate Mature Oppa (choose up to 3)

3. 3. My Ultimate Younger Oppa (choose up to 3)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/18/2020 at 10:00 AM

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, partyon said:

I sure hope you vote for Cha Seung Won! He only has 3 votes so far! :kiss_wink:

@Lmangla Ahjussi & grandpa oppa poll next! :glasses:

Heck yes first choice. Ah typo fixed.

785c48953d2204ea8ad7dd01d4300198.gifFinally submitted after way too much deliberation but maybe should create another account and vote again. But I second we need ahjussi only poll.

7 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

Oooh, almost all oppas got some vote except that one poor oppa Joo Won

Oooops. Was planning to vote for him but gave it to Son Ho Jun (who was also zero at the time). Joo Won fans will vote for him soon (sheepish smile).

One question though: Is Gang Dong Won not popular enough to be on the list? Thought he's really popular~

Somehow I missed voting for Lee Jun Ki. Waaa! He is awesome; just finished Flower of Evil and enjoyed it very much. I watched it with a friend who had never seen him before. She said, “How can a guy so skinny be so sexy?!” And I will never forget him in Scarlet Hearts - that drama broke my own heart.

A younger actor that I very much enjoyed  in The King: Eternal Monarch was Woo Do-Hwan, although we’ll have to wait 2 years to see more of him.

My overall one and only, though, is the fabulous Lee Min Ho. Just can’t get enough of him, From Boys Over Flowers to The King. Right now I’m doing the Soompi rewatch of Faith, my favorite Kdrama, even with its flaws. He just shines in it, as do the other characters as well. It’s the sweetest love story I’ve seen in many years.

1 hour ago, tas82 said:

I had to Google most of the younger oppas list as I knew faces but few names.

kekeke.. I haven't watched many of the trendy dramas in the last few years. they don't have all these kind of gasps, verbal slaps, glares and other madness that I have come to adore. :joy:

Maya Rudolph Judging You GIF by Saturday Night Live

so I also had to look up pretty much all of the actors in the younger oppa list as I know them by face but not necessarily by name. picked rather randomly but one actor that stood out is kim soo hyun. in the drama 'giant', he was a teen character and brought a gravity and tragic maturity to the role.

collagemaker_20200426_175419543-22962329

was so shocked to discover he had abs in its okay drama. didn't catch the drama but did see pics and I felt like an aunty "wait, you grew up? it can't be that long already!" :sweatingbullets::lol:

watch-kim-soo-hyuns-shirtless-scene-and-

@Jiyuu ~ for the oppa list, we narrowed the choices for actors by dramas. gang dong hasn't done dramas in a long time

4 minutes ago, msdot said:

A younger actor that I very much enjoyed  in The King: Eternal Monarch was Woo Do-Hwan, although we’ll have to wait 2 years to see more of him.

My overall one and only, though, is the fabulous Lee Min Ho. Just can’t get enough of him, From Boys Over Flowers to The King. Right now I’m doing the Soompi rewatch of Faith, my favorite Kdrama, even with its flaws. He just shines in it, as do the other characters as well. It’s the sweetest love story I’ve seen in many years.

Yeah, yeah for these two but Daejang is still the ONE .. I am with you @msdot  - :hooray2:

1 minute ago, Lmangla said:

was so shocked to discover he had abs in its okay drama. didn't catch the drama but did see pics and I felt like an aunty "wait, you grew up? it can't be that long already!" :sweatingbullets::lol:

@Lmangla :loolz:

@partyon, cool list! :thumbsup:

My ultimate of the ultimate Ahjussi is Lee Sun Kyun :heart2beat:

He's very charismatic and he got this charm that kinda grows on you. Not to mention that he's a humble and a hardworking actor. He's kind and I believe he treats the people around him with kindness because he's very well liked by the people he worked with. Not just the costars, but also the Directors and the crew (the costume team from the movie The King's Case Note even gave him the red King's robe, it's was handmade and worth about 10mil KRW iirc).

He's funny and likes to crack silly jokes but he got this calming presence...

But, what really got me is when he said that his wife (Actress Jeon Hye Jin) is the better actor than he is... He's always been her fan :please:

@partyon How do you categorise all the oppas, based on their age or the numbers of years acting in the entertainment industry (some actors seems to be in the Ahjussi category instead of mature or vice versa? :lol:) Also, how come we don't have voting for the K-actress? Hahaha. Oh dear, you missed out Lee Sang Woo, he should be in the mature oppa list too. He is one of my favourite too. :D

@Lmangla Same here, I choose song seung-heon, i know he is not in the high voting rate, i like him in "Player" and the "Black" drama, he is too charming to resist. God has been kind to him, never age since the day in Autumn in My Heart (2000). :D

17 hours ago, partyon said:

Feel free to mention your ultimate oppa in the thread and why you like him.

it’s so hard to vote 

Me just trying to pick one ultimate oppa :w00t:

uvx0AOE.gif

**all these oppa in one point of time , all got pieces of my heart :D

@Jillia, I adored Alan Rickman’s voice. I remember it so well from Die Hard with Bruce Willis. I also saw him as Colonel Brandon in Sense and Sensibility. Those were my first viewing of his work. 

My favorite ahjussi Jung Woo Sung is Missing from the list. 
0T52Qv.jpg

@partyon, thanks for this event. It was very hard to choose only three though. There are a lot of actors in each category that I wanted to choose. 

1 hour ago, lebeaucouple said:

@partyon How do you categorise all the oppas, based on their age or the numbers of years acting in the entertainment industry (some actors seems to be in the Ahjussi category instead of mature or vice versa? :lol:) Also, how come we don't have voting for the K-actress? Hahaha. Oh dear, you missed out Lee Sang Woo, he should be in the mature oppa list too. He is one of my favourite too. :D

We have categorized the oppas by their (Western) age. :D You can see their ages in the first post of this thread.

Lee Sang Woo is a cool oppa, but he didn't make our list - due to technical limitations we could only choose 60 oppas all in all. It was a tough choice.

overwhelmed choices GIF

1 hour ago, celebrianna said:

@partyon, thanks for this event. It was very hard to choose only three though. There are a lot of actors in each category that I wanted to choose. 

Yes, there are so many fine oppas out there! How to choose only 3? :bawling:

gangnam style psy GIF by Vevo

58 minutes ago, lebeaucouple said:

@partyonAnother handsome guy is Taecyeon too that is missed out in the list. :D

Long list to choose, face can't last long, only voice and acting skill can last long...

I love Taecyeon as well, but we had to cut him out. He made our waiting list. :D

57 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

@partyon Where's Keanu from the choices??? :lol: And since I like actors with distinct voices, Alan Rickman would have been part of my list.

Since this was a Korean actor oppa poll, Keanu sadly didn't make it this time. If Keanu ever appears in a k-drama, he will for sure be included in the ahjussi oppa category! :glasses:

I will make a Keanu poll in the add subtract thread in a few minutes.

EDIT: If anyone wants to vote:

@ncly @Eliza MarloweThank you for voting for poor Joo Won oppa!

Seth Meyers Thank You GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Archived