My Ultimate Oppa <3

partyon

Poll: My Ultimate Korean Actor Oppa  

163 members have voted

1. 1. My Ultimate Ahjussi Oppa (choose up to 3)

2. 2. My Ultimate Mature Oppa (choose up to 3)

3. 3. My Ultimate Younger Oppa (choose up to 3)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/18/2020 at 10:00 AM

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kekeke... so lot of this is purely subjective but I think what forms my ultimate oppa picks were basically I really liked them in a drama. so I basically keep an eye out even if the drama is not my cup of tea and I don't watch it.

song seung hoon -- okay LOL. :joy: he is not really known for his acting but more like for his hotness. hahahahha... but saw him in summer scent. the drama pretty much has no coherent plot hahahaha but it was very addictive. plus, you had scenes like this that just made you swoon -- who doesn't want to dance in a football field at night and there is no music but the sound of the wind?

:idk:

it would have been more fun to dance in the grass with your shoes off but for some reason, the guy offers his foot for to stand on and his feet is what she chose. kekekeke..

img_4495-e1434003678229.png?w=1088

in addition to some great spring background, there was also a lot of his biceps even if some of his shirts were rather questionable even at that time. LOL. :lol:

SStbta.jpg

so he was one of my picks for the ajusshi oppa list....

my other pick for ajusshi oppas were jang hyuk. the first kdrama that really captured my heart was bright girl's success. it was funny, poignant and had spunky characters -- it was also a reflection of the times. the after-effects of the Asian economic crisis was still being felt and the drama captured the mood. you don't see such themes in dramas now as much but at that time, there were lot of dramas that dealt openly with the effect of financial crisis/troubles on a person.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTROy9o_IxmOfqEkTIgmzp

so here, we had a chaebol losing everything overnight and then has to figure out how to claw his way back. underneath the fluff, there was a lot of grit. but it has scenes that still makes me laugh when I think about it. so jang nara's character is trying to convince bratty character of jang hyuk to wake up early in the morning and she quotes the saying "the early bird catches the worm" and he responds "so did the worm get eaten because it woke up early?" :joy:

there were other dramas of his like "fated to love you" which made an impression but bright girl's success still has a special place and for that drama alone, jang hyuk is on my ajusshi oppas list.

Tyvm fo tagging me @partyon.

I'm glad to be able to participate in such fun poll ; but I'm also very, very conflicted because it's so hard to only choose 3 oppa for each category (yeah, I'm one greedy thirsty h*e, I like 'em whether they're mature or young:highonflowers:. So sue me. LOL).

Therefore, I'll just be back later before the closing deadline to cast vote. Because I think I need to meditate first before picking my final choices:tounge_wink:

tenor.gif?itemid=17867328

my last pick for the ajusshi oppa list was yeong jung hoon. he has such a fun dramatic voice! I love it. @Jillia ~ like you, I tend to pay more attention to actors that great gravelly voices. some of his dramas weren't even that great -- can love become money, I summon you gold -- but I still enjoyed them. where he really shone and sparkled my interest was the drama 'mask'. he took a negative character and gave it such grounding, menace and a little bit of snark. it was so much fun watching him really take the spotlight in that drama.

yjh_maskrole_still_5.jpg?w=620&h=413

so was really excited to see the lie of lies and the drama hasn't disappointed at all. he brings a lovely warmth to the character and really feels like a father. just a few more episodes till it ends. awww...

20200831103812066jqkq.jpg

Woooh. All these oppas are talented and good-looking so I'm basing my vote on one additional factor: what I know of their personality from what I've seen in interviews and/or read about their history.

Younger Oppas: 

• Park Bo Gum - very kind and caring towards everyone, even checked hotel rooms before checking out to make sure none of the production crew left anything behind (think this was when they were filming in Cuba)
  • Park Hyung Sik - liked the snippets that I saw in one reality show, seems very considerate too
  • Kang Ha Neul - quite sweet in the interviews I saw, they say his character Yong Shik in Camellia is almost a carbon copy of the real him

Mature Oppas:

• Ji Chang Wook - adorably "dorky" in the interviews I saw (disarmingly honest at times), loves his mom a lot, has a good and comfortable friendship with his manager
  • Shin Sung Rok - have a soft spot for him despite (or maybe because of?) all his creepy villainous roles haha although I've yet to see him in interviews
  • Son Ho Jun - it was a toss up between him and Joo Won (they had zero votes at this time) but I'm pretty sure Joo Won is more popular so he'll get those votes soon enough. Plus I loved Son Ho Jun in Go Back Couple and Terrius.

Ahjussi Oppas:

There's a lot of great men that I "know" here. I love Lee Dong Wook and Lee Jun Ki too but to narrow it down, had to choose the family men.

• Rain - like his interviews, his very simple wedding with Kim Tae Hee, his charity work on the side etc.
  • So Ji Sub - secretly paid for his friend's funeral and told his friend's parents to treat him as their son from then on, quite a gentleman too (saw him noticing the discomfort of a younger actress with her skirt's length and gave her his hanky to cover her lap)
  • Cha Seung Won - for claiming to have married his wife three years earlier than the actual wedding date so his wife's son will be registered as his

Ultimate Oppa of all Oppas (because he belongs in a different category for me): Jang Hyuk-sshi :heart:

3 hours ago, Lmangla said:

kekekek... out of the three categories, the younger oppas really tripped me because I don't really watch those dramas. hahhahhaha... am squarely in the mature and ajusshi oppas. now, am just waiting for the super ajusshi oppas. hahahaha... aigoo, am I that old? :lol:

:idk:

Mate I came to vote for Cha Seung Won worried he aged out:D

Then all my other main alternatives are in the ajeossi list.

Then to add insult to injury (well not really ain't complains looking at them pics:glasses: ) I had to Google most of the younger oppas list as I knew faces but few names.

Glad to see so many in the same boat, we can all be agassis and ajummas together. clipart-girl-grandma-16.gif

@croquembouche2018It's hard to choose, I know. Take your time :kiss_wink:

@Jiyuu What a comprehensive analysis of your oppas! They all seem like fine men.

I share the following sweetie pies with you:heartxoxo:

Park Hyung Sik

tenor.gif?itemid=11074977

This oppa really caught my eye when I watched What Happens to My Family. Watched BTS videos of him, and he just seemed like such a caring young man, I couldn't help but place him on my oppa list. :kiss_wink:

Ji Chang Wook

735df47d13b24550a55351a68487f83222d4321f

Ji Chang Wook oppa caught my eye with his acting which is in my opinion effortless. Also his abs.... :joy:

my mature oppa list:  so again, all of my choices are based purely on the drama and how much fun I had watching that role. I chose lee min ho! hahahhaha...

he seriously made a very charming impression in boys over flowers. I remember watching and laughing that "this is a stupid drama but why do I want to keep watching?" :joy:

leeminho.jpg?w=584

a few months back, my aerobics teacher discovered boys over flowers on netflix. she ended up watching all of it and told me "that drama was so cute. lee min ho is just as adorable as my granddaughter." bwahahaha, I couldn't stop laughing when she said that -- mind you, her granddaughter was a cute little 7 month old baby at the time. :joy:

6 minutes ago, tas82 said:

Mate I came to vote for Cha Seung Won but he aged out:D

Then all my other main alternatives are in the ajeossi list.

Then to add insult to injury (well not really ain't complains looking at them pics:glasses: ) I had to Google most of the younger oppas list as I knew faces but few names.

Glad to see so many in the same boat, we can all be agassis and ajummas together.

I sure hope you vote for Cha Seung Won! He only has 3 votes so far! :kiss_wink:

@Lmangla Ahjussi & grandpa oppa poll next! :glasses:

happy old man GIF by Cheezburger

2 hours ago, Jillia said:

I adored Alan Rickman until he passed away. He had such a good personality and gravitas. And his VOICE!

Same. I used to listen to him (on You Tube) reciting a poem.

I don`t have oppas. I read the list and I like them all. Maybe just half of the younger ones. 

How I have to chose just 3?

I voted. I chose 3 eventually. :D

Ok I think we need to have a word with those that decided 3 at most. tenor.gif

I mean seriously I've been looking at this list so long there been about 6 or so new posts since I began and I still haven't submitted my choices. 

my other pick for mature oppa was choi jin hyuk -- he really stood out in gu family book but it was his role in tunnel that really makes him memorable for me. he brought such a warmth and lightheartedness and grounded the drama from going too dark.

1a99581efb972994f22cb10fd0c6ccf0.jpg

and my final pick in that list was lee jang woo for the drama 'graceful family'.

a12d2858ffa21dc0dddb8cf6ff4b09c3e5fbdae0

you were the only one that seemed adorably human in that drama! everyone else in that drama over the top mad crazy. :lol:

8 minutes ago, larus said:

Same. I used to listen to him (on You Tube) reciting a poem.

I don`t have oppas. I read the list and I like them all. Maybe just half of the younger ones. 

How I have to chose just 3?

I voted. I chose 3 eventually. :D

Sweetie, you're the one who would give 10 points to ALL oppas on the list! :kiss_wink:

fiserv forum nba GIF by Milwaukee Bucks

6 minutes ago, tas82 said:

Ok I think we need to have a word with those that decided 3 at most.

I mean seriously I've been looking at this list so long there been about 6 or so new posts since I began and I still haven't submitted my choices. 

Would be me and @Lmangla :joy:

season 2 famalam GIF by BBC Three

Archived