[Drama 2021] Vincenzo, 빈센조

larus

3 Types Of Chemistry That Make “Vincenzo” Worth Watching

e89776fee98e4872854787e2771a1293.jpeg?s=

Apr 16, 2021
by M. Kang

tvN’s prominent Saturday-Sunday drama “Vincenzo” has topped the ratings and made its mark as one of the hottest dramas of the first half of 2021!

According to data released by the Good Data Corporation, “Vincenzo” ranked number one in buzzworthy dramas and cast members for the second week of April. Ratings reached as high as 12.8 percent, making “Vincenzo” the most popular drama in its time slot among ages 10 to 50 years old.

“Vincenzo” stars Song Joong Ki as Vincenzo Cassano, an Italian lawyer and Mafia consigliere who is of Korean descent, but was adopted by an Italian family at a young age. When he moves back to Korea due to a conflict within his organization, he winds up crossing paths with sharp-tongued lawyer Hong Cha Young (Jeon Yeo Bin). Together, they join forces in using villainous methods to take down villains who cannot be punished by the court of law.

Spoilers

Vincenzo and Hong Cha Young launched an onslaught on the villains featured in the “guillotine file,” exposing various cases of corruption among high-ranking officials in Korea. In response, the villains launched a counterattack by identifying Vincenzo’s weakness, and Vincenzo’s birth mother (Yoon Book In) lost her life. An even colder Vincenzo emerged and teamed up with Hong Cha Young, the tenants of Geumga Plaza, and other unexpected figures to make for an exciting turn in the story.

The following are three dynamics to be on the lookout for in upcoming episodes!

The most refreshing duo, Vincenzo and Hong Cha Young

When Vincenzo and Hong Cha Young first met, no one expected that they would become the best partners. But as it became apparent soon enough, the teamwork of a villain and a hot-blooded lawyer produces amazing synergy. The two took care of business with exceptional ideas and the efficiency of putting those ideas to work right away. It’s hard to believe that they both used to prefer working alone! Their pursuit of subjects are always heated, passionate, and intense. They know how to handle their enemies by throwing the bait and luring them in at the perfect timing. In one moment the duo makes the audience laugh with their comedic costumes, and in the next they put the viewers on edge by getting serious about taking care of business. At the end of the day, they are two dark heroes that define themselves as villains. And with the unexpected sparks of romance, they have got the viewers hooked. Plus, they just gained access to the guillotine file, which is the gateway to all hell breaking loose. It is expected that their teamwork will shine even more as they get deeper into their operation of bringing down the villain’s cartel.

morehttps://www.soompi.com/article/1464520wpp/3-types-of-chemistry-that-make-vincenzo-worth-watching

• Like 5

@backstreetboysfan @suzy0604 it’s supposedly a Vincenzo filming sighting. Yeo Bin was seen in white and Joong Ki was seen in a dark suit. Yeo Bin was seen smiling brightly and they refused to release more due to spoilers. Some were just speculating it to be a wedding or something. Though that’s certainly too good to be true but seems like a happy scene of our leads. Maybe a date? :wub:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, leeriiin said:

Hi everyone! 

Been lurking around here since Page 1 and glad I finally gave in and decided to login my account 

Actually, I came here today for this: 

https://twitter.com/deluludesert/status/1382595528312168450?s=19

Does anyone here know where from the behind the scenes videos was this taken? I've been looking for this since yesterday but to no progress ㅠㅠspan widgetspan widget

Hi @leeriiin and welcome to the thread!:)

11 minutes ago, shinystar1985 said:

@backstreetboysfan @suzy0604 it’s supposedly a Vincenzo filming sighting. Yeo Bin was seen in white and Joong Ki was seen in a dark suit. Yeo Bin was seen smiling brightly and they refused to release more due to spoilers. Some were just speculating it to be a wedding or something. Though that’s certainly too good to be true but seems like a happy scene of our leads. Maybe a date? 

OMG if it is a wedding we all would freak out, but I could see a date yeah! :wub:

• Like 4

If we are allowed to comment on the drama overall, it is one of the best I have seen in some time. My heart races every time there is a closeup of Song Joong Ki. His scene of appearing at the riding stable... in fact his entire gay scene... was fantastic and sexy. Can't wait to see him in part two of Arthdal.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

Because our weekend is going to be different without Vincenzo ep 17 and 18, here's an obligatory screenshot of Vincenzo drinking his double espresso shot. That's the way to enjoy your coffee instead of Americanos, which are considered sewage waste to the Italians. haha

NABaAdT.png

If I have the time, I will compile all the photos of him drinking out of a demitasse.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

“Vincenzo” And Song Joong Ki Rise To No. 1 On Most Buzzworthy Drama And Actor Lists

af34c1b1aa744cceae10668e0a734401.jpeg?s=

Apr 17, 2021
by E. Cha

tvN’s “Vincenzo” dominated this week’s rankings of the most buzzworthy dramas and actors!

Following the conclusion of SBS’s “The Penthouse 2,” “Vincenzo” soared to the top of Good Data Corporation’s weekly list of the dramas that generated the most buzz. The company determines each week’s rankings by collecting data from news articles, blog posts, online communities, videos, and social media about dramas that are either currently airing or set to air soon.

“Vincenzo” rose to No. 1 for the second week of April, followed by JTBC’s “Sisyphus: The Myth” at No. 2 and KBS 2TV’s “River Where the Moon Rises” at No. 3.

The stars of “Vincenzo” also made a strong showing on this week’s rankings of the most buzzworthy drama cast members. Song Joong Ki and Jeon Yeo Bin swept the top two spots on the list, rising to No. 1 and No. 2 respectively, while 2PM’s Taecyeon followed at No. 6.

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz this week are as follows:

1. tvN’s “Vincenzo”
  2. JTBC’s “Sisyphus: The Myth”
  3. KBS 2TV’s “River Where the Moon Rises”
  4. JTBC’s “Beyond Evil
  5. SBS’s “Taxi Driver
  6. tvN’s “Mouse
  7. tvN’s “Navillera”
  8. KBS 2TV’s “Revolutionary Sisters
  9. KBS 2TV’s “Miss Monte-Cristo
  10. KBS 2TV’s “Hello, Me!”

Meanwhile, the top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz this week are as follows:

1. Song Joong Ki (“Vincenzo”)
  2. Jeon Yeo Bin (“Vincenzo”)
  3. Lee Seung Gi (“Mouse”)
  4. Yeo Jin Goo (“Beyond Evil”)
  5. Cho Seung Woo (“Sisyphus: The Myth”)
  6. 2PM’s Taecyeon (“Vincenzo”)
  7. Na In Woo (“River Where the Moon Rises”)
  8. Lee Je Hoon (“Taxi Driver”)
  9. Park Shin Hye (“Sisyphus: The Myth”)
  10. Shin Ha Kyun (“Beyond Evil”)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1464611wpp/vincenzo-and-song-joong-ki-rise-to-no-1-on-most-buzzworthy-drama-and-actor-lists

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7

51 minutes ago, shinystar1985 said:

The actor Luca shared a bts photo of our leads on his ig. Looks like they’re at incheon airport. Sjk is carrying a duffel bag and jyb look to be sending him off. Will Vincenzo leave Korea?

I saw the picture too, someone on twitter said that perhaps there will be time skip, VC and CY will meet again after 2 or 3 years? Nooo... please don't do that route! I need them to be together.

I believe cutting enemy's ear is a mafia thing, I think its to marked them for a killing? I think I saw it in some old italian mafia movie.

Btw, I think the actor Luca will get in trouble for that pic... LoL the internet is at uproar because of that.. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, shinystar1985 said:

It looks like Vincenzo will cut Han Seok’s ear? We know for Vincenzo, killing his enemies early is an act of mercy. He should do this much and more! Make those goons suffer a slow painful death while witnessing the downfall of Babel. 

Well it definitely seems like one of his mafia torture tactic. In the earlier episodes when Vincenzo has nightmares of his past victims, his uses this "cutting the ear" thingy on one of them. Was very briefly shown.

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, suzy0604 said:

Btw, I think the actor Luca will get in trouble for that pic... LoL the internet is at uproar because of that.. 

I also thought it was odd how much he was willing to share lol. He even mentioned never betraying Vincenzo and that he will show up in episode 18 to help Vincenzo. EDIT: Looks like Luca disabled his ig. He got in trouble for sure. 

I don’t prefer a time jump but it’s done quite often so it’s highly likely to happen. Maybe Vincenzo will flee the country and return with a new identity? Since he committed so many crimes in Korea I don’t know another alternative to him not paying for those crimes. But this means Vincenzo probably won’t confess until his return.  Maybe he’ll leave and realize how much he loves Cha Young and come back to her. :wub:

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

35 minutes ago, Slyfindor said:

Well it definitely seems like one of his mafia torture tactic. In the earlier episodes when Vincenzo has nightmares of his past victims, his uses this "cutting the ear" thingy on one of them. Was very briefly shown.

Italian Mafias are known for the brutal torturing methods.  Most of their horror and violent films are based from them

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1