[Drama 2021] Vincenzo, 빈센조

larus

Watch: Song Joong Ki Gets Sweet And Affectionate With Jeon Yeo Bin And Kim Sung Cheol Behind The Scenes Of “Vincenzo”

Watch: Song Joong Ki Gets Sweet And Affectionate With Jeon Yeo Bin And Kim Sung Cheol Behind The Scenes Of “Vincenzo”

Apr 19, 2021
by S. Nam

tvN’s “Vincenzo” released a new behind-the-scenes video!

“Vincenzo” stars Song Joong Ki as Vincenzo Cassano, an Italian lawyer and Mafia consigliere who is of Korean descent but was adopted by an Italian family at a young age. When he moves back to Korea due to a conflict within his organization, he winds up crossing paths with sharp-tongued lawyer Hong Cha Young (Jeon Yeo Bin). Together, they join forces in using villainous methods to take down villains who cannot be punished by the court of law.

In the making-of video, Song Joong Ki and 2PM’s Taecyeon sample the spicy jjamppong (Korean spicy seafood noodle soup). Taecyeon freezes after he takes a sip, but he explains that he’s okay with eating spicy food. On the other hand, Song Joong Ki shares, “Even this will be spicy for me.” During the actual filming, Song Joong Ki discreetly pours water into his soup, but Taecyeon notices and adds chili oil in retaliation.

Kim Sung Cheol and Song Joong Ki also get embarrassed as they flirt on camera, and Song Joong Ki impresses the cast and staff with his horse riding skills. During rehearsals, Jeon Yeo Bin states, “Vincenzo Cassano is charming,” as she looks straight into Song Joong Ki’s eyes. Song Joong Ki replies, “I’m getting pulled in,” and he even pretends to bite the carrot Jeon Yeo Bin offers him. While filming, Song Joong Ki and Jeon Yeo Bin are joined by an unexpected guest when a horse comes on screen to steal the carrot Jeon Yeo Bin holds in her hands.

Jeon Yeo Bin and Yoon Byung Hee also enjoy their time together while Kim Sung Cheol and Song Joong Ki film their date scene. Jeon Yeo Bin takes care of the person filming the making-of video by asking them if they’re cold and to join them on the merry-go-round later.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1464829wpp/watch-song-joong-ki-gets-sweet-and-affectionate-with-jeon-yeo-bin-and-kim-sung-cheol-behind-the-scenes-of-vincenzo

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

EVENT: Game: Guess the drama Part 2

The gossip loving EOs are back with another set of blinds based on the juiciest gossips we heard from the Kdrama world. Let's see if you can guess the dramas based on blinds :hooray:

Your friendly neighborhood and resident Event Organizers,

@Lmangla @partyon @Sleepy Owl

• Where's My Oppa? 1

I think both writer and PD adore SJK like a precious things. They give him a chance to live up to the all character, they pushed his ability, encourage him.  Even in the bts(coffee drinking scene from earlier episode) pd nim really like sjk and make him more handsome with perfect frame.

When some people claim that mafia should be someone else, I don’t know why they failed to realised it is wholeheartedly tailored for SJK. 

BTW, when's Saturday?! 

• Like 5

Watched ep 14 and 15 yesterday and that kissing scene on ep 14 was like WOW!!! It is really different when it is the lady who takes the lead and that was a long kiss (I timed it at just under 90 seconds). Seriously these "set-ups" are getting ridiculous!!! Vincenzo didn't even touch the guy who fell (or more correctly pushed) to his death and after a short time the corrupt police are already there. I'll watch ep 16 later after work.

• Like 2

Is it saturday yet? It's a bit dry here without new episode last week. I keep lurking here and there to find some contents or thought provoking theory about VC. Here are some theories/posts that i find interesting surrounding the final 4 episodes. 

Spoiler

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

On 4/18/2021 at 12:10 PM, inceptmirrors said:

Wait guys, there’s a special episode? Where can I watch that?

I don't think it is available legally to international viewers as Netflix didn't show it :(

On 4/18/2021 at 4:23 PM, shinystar1985 said:

At 0:29, Vincenzo is wearing a hockey jersey. He’ll show up to give Jang Han Seok a taste of his own medicine. I’m so excited because we get to see sjk in that fit and see him skating. For those of you who don’t know, sjk did short track speed racing for many years of his life until he got injured and had to quit.

Vincenzo really is an ode to Song Joong Ki. I love how the writer incorporated many of his past characters and now even this. 

We still have 4 episodes left but I can’t help feeling the withdrawals already. Not sure what to do when it’s all over. :bawling: As a fan of SJK, I’m really happy he was met with such a good project, the best leading lady, and a fun cast and crew. Like he said, Vincenzo was his healing point. I’m glad to see him smiling and having fun on set.

I tuned into Vincenzo for SJK but fell in love with JYB. What a gem of an actress! She has become one of my favorites and I look forward to binging her previous works and supporting her future projects. She’s not only talented but beautiful, cool, and warm-hearted. She just radiates such positivity and watching her (whether it’s her interviews or acting) makes me so happy!  Can’t imagine anyone not loving her. 

Sorry for my early sappy post. No Vincenzo this week got me feeling some type of way. I’m sure I will follow with another sappy post when the drama is officially over. 

Great observations.  Don't worry! The post isn't too sappy.  I think most of us on the thread understand how you feel:smooches2:

Thanks so much for the tidbits @bee_wannabe that is a heartbreaking parallel:bawling:

Adorable compilation of dancing SJk and JYB during Vincenzo filming:happydance:

I'm not sure if all the actors have finished filming yet but Chef Toto's actor posted on his Twitter he finished filming this weekend.  Somebody also uploaded the sweet goodbye message in the Episode 20 script from the writer, Park Jae Bum:

• Like 4

Ep 17 preview text translate:

Vincenzo, whose mafia instinct is awakened by the death of Kyung-ja. The last thing that Kyung-ja left before her death. Cha-young, Joo-sung, and the people of Plaza strive to comfort and support Vincenzo, who lost his mother, who was his only family. Vincenzo announces a merciless death to Junwoo and wants to destroy the Babel Tower.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

According to Naver, apparently script for final episode was delayed bc the PD and writer were struggling over the ending, which is why broadcast was delayed by a week. 

Gag order has been issued to prevent the ending from being leaked.

Gahhh. This news is all over Twitter. I am scared now. Haven't followed that many kdramas, but has any other drama been so hush hush about the ending? 

Eff. I'm really going to be on pins and needles until next Sunday. Now I don't know if I want to watch ep 20 without spoilers, or spoil myself first just in case.

I'm really going to stick to non-kdramas for some time after this, given how apparently kdrama writers don't have the ending set when they set out. This is some bullsh!!!!!t.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 3

Thanks @Le_Amarant I suppose that answers my question about whether they are finished filming or not!

Filming ends on the 23rd. I'm scared about what these means. Please let it be good and please allow our leads to have a happy ending :cries:

LOL at the gaga order! They are tired of the leaks and spoilers:lol:

I hope every one can finish filming safely and in good health. 

• Like 3

@Le_Amarant @raziela I heard about this too, this made me so nerveous, not so much on the villains, coz I know Vincenzo and the gang is going to take them down, though it will have a price to pay (as the preview stated that someone gonna die)

I more nervous on the romance between the leads, as we know many of korean viewers doesnt seem to welcome the romance part of the drama, which I dont understand a drama doesnt only need to have one genre.. ya know.. sigh, moreover whats the point of building up romances to this point if they will left it out in the end?

I hope the writer did not change the ending because of those concern, but he should also listen to us, the supporter of the lead's romance too.. which are a lot!

Another theory is, the writer suddenly offered a second season from netflix, so he need to change the ending to open ending?

8 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

I hope it will be a good ending.

6 hours ago, nurlayla said:

lets pray for the best ending yeorobun :heart:

Yess.... calling Shaman Cassano to commence the prayers.. I mean they deserve to be together.. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, suzy0604 said:

I more nervous on the romance between the leads, as we know many of korean viewers doesnt seem to welcome the romance part of the drama, which I dont understand a drama doesnt only need to have one genre.. ya know.. sigh, moreover whats the point of building up romances to this point if they will left it out in the end?

Where'd you get this info? Except for the one translated article I saw, most of the response on the K-interwebz seems to be highly enthusiastic?

Any screenwriter with half common-sense would not be putting in slow burn scenes for 16 episodes unless they intend for a pay-off. Hopefully the writer was trying to figure out how to tie up the gold plot and whether to kill off Han-seok or not more than anything.                 

• Like 3

If we don't get a happy VCY endgame... I will legit lose what is left of my mind. As a fellow writer, I know the last thing you should do if you want repeat readers is slow burn a ship and then say haha not at the end. Screw over your readers/watchers once, a lot of them won't give you a second chance to do it again. 

• Like 5

I wonder what they are struggling over with the ending.  If it will be happy, sad or open-ended? If Vincenzo decides to stay in Korea or not?  If the villains will live or die? The ultimate fate of Wusang and Babel?  Who gets the gold?  From recent BTS pictures it looks like CenCha, Mr Nam, Han Seok and Choi Myung-Hee are still filming.

7 hours ago, suzy0604 said:

Why do think that? Most viewers love them and their chemistry.  The famous kiss video trended, had hundreds of thousands of views and thousands of likes and comments :dorakiss:Just last week some of their cute behind the scenes moments were trending on a popular forum

There was an excellent interview yesterday with the Vincenzo fight director talking about the way they conveyed emotions and personalities into the fight scenes.  They really put a lot of thought into every fight

This was a great detail!  I definitely noticed their different fight techniques in their fight scenes.

This Twitter thread has more translations from the article:

• Like 3

Unless the series is getting a second season, the villains have to die. Putting them in prison would only work if they are escaping next season.

Same goes for open ending or a 'sad' ending. Both of those endings would only work if there is going to be a second season.

• Like 2