[Drama 2020-2021] A Man in a Veil, 비밀의 남자

0ly40

I give appaulse to everyone here that can tolerate watching this drama.   I learned daily dramas aren’t for me. I can’t digest the storyline.   I just want to throw my shoe at the tv.  I did take a peep and ended up crying my eyes out when Child died.  Very talented kid. Same kid from Hi Bye Mama.  
Will continue to peek here see how’s the story is going though.  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Mocharel said:

Still hope she doesn’t get a forgiveness, this woman did all sorts of crime against humanity and it’s kinda funny all of her halfbaked tantrum induced schemes work out bcs of the single cell brains of the characters

I am sure she will be punished. Remember she committed murder too, even if JS is not dead it is attempted murder. Both her and Lady Ju committed crimes. 

• Like 2

watched the full episode and am giggling. yujung making yura do pregnancy test was a good one. she should have dragged her to the nearest clinic and got it doctor certified but looks like she will do that next. it is fun to see minnie mouse so focused on her revenge and not even blinking at whatever yura throws at her. she knows how vicious and manipulative her sister is and she can never accept that a woman who let a child die would have any maternal instinct. so it is obvious to yujung that it is yura's scheme. yujung is not afraid of public ridicule or other people's opinions and is strongly moving forward; thought she would buckle and give up but no, minnie mouse is just charging ahead!

in a way, her revenge makes sense. since yura refused to donate because she didn't want to lose her position as DL group daughter-in-law, then the biggest revenge would be indeed loss of that position -- something yura said is dearer to her than life.

with the preview, tae poong is again confessing but am not expecting yujung to be swayed. her grief and anger over min woo's death is strong and she cannot accept any outcome other than yura's downfall. to let go of min woo, she needs to play a hand in the revenge, she cannot be an idle spectator the way he wants.... it is actually amusing to see this clash now between yura and yujung as she is no longer saying "otoke!" ^_^

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

watched the full episode and am giggling. yujung making yura do pregnancy test was a good one. she should have dragged her to the nearest clinic and got it doctor certified but looks like she will do that next. it is fun to see minnie mouse so focused on her revenge and not even blinking at whatever yura throws at her. she knows how vicious and manipulative her sister is and she can never accept that a woman who let a child die would have any maternal instinct. so it is obvious to yujung that it is yura's scheme. yujung is not afraid of public ridicule or other people's opinions and is strongly moving forward; thought she would buckle and give up but no, minnie mouse is just charging ahead!

in a way, her revenge makes sense. since yura refused to donate because she didn't want to lose her position as DL group daughter-in-law, then the biggest revenge would be indeed loss of that position -- something yura said is dearer to her than life.

with the preview, tae poong is again confessing but am not expecting yujung to be swayed. her grief and anger over min woo's death is strong and she cannot accept any outcome other than yura's downfall. to let go of min woo, she needs to play a hand in the revenge, she cannot be an idle spectator the way he wants.... it is actually amusing to see this clash now between yura and yujung as she is no longer saying "otoke!" ^_^

A clip in one of the posts shows her meeting SJ's mother and YJ said she and SJ love each other. Not sure if she's lying but this does not augur well for TP.

We have said it before that the actress had played bad girls, so she seems more comfortable in that role than playing a damsel in distress. 

Someone posted that the writer is the same mysterious sales girl? Anyway Park Hana plays a good girl. I had only seen her as a bad girl. Now it makes sense why the title is so strange, there is nothing hidden about TP or SJ or other men. TP was hidden for about 10 episodes before he exposed himself to YJ. Then it's downhill. There was nothing mysterious about Park Hana in the show. Strange writer.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, maribella said:

A clip in one of the posts shows her meeting SJ's mother and YJ said she and SJ love each other. Not sure if she's lying but this does not augur well for TP.

yea, am not sure if she is lying or if she meant it truly. she is very focused on getting back at yura. she is not able to forgive yura for the death of min woo. it doesn't phase her if she gets hurt because she has realized that she cannot take revenge on yura unless she gets her hands dirty... there are a few kdramas where the second lead gets the girl but it doesn't happen too often. lets see if this drama surprises us...

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

Thanks @dramaninja for the link.

with apologies to TP fans, 

what's he doing trying to stop YJ. Help her to beat YR ( even literally :lol:)  instead of preaching to her, posing no doubt.  I don't understand Korean but looks like he does not want her to be a YR? 
Go kick her backside you idiot. 

Can someone tell me why TP or one of the Han idiots is still keeping YRs real identity a secret? Is it to drag it to 100 episodes? :lol: I feel like an idiot now.

• Confused 1
  • LOL 4

Preview text Papago translation 

80 Previews 

SJ found out from YJ that YR's pregnancy was fake. He goes to YR to complain, and YR learns what Hwayong did to Su-hee 31 years ago and threatens him. 

Also, YR anticipates that the recording file that YJ has will threaten her, and she looks for YJ....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 1

@Lmangla time for another poll.

most appropriate title for this show. :hwaiting2: I watched the episode raw. It's exasperating to see YR having something up her sleeve all the time.  How could she or anyone have a recording 31 years ago? I think the writer is getting desperate to keep YR out of prison.

In mysterious personal shopper, the housekeeper who swapped the heiress with her sickly daughter did not get arrested. Instead she got to stay in a mansion with her fake heiress daughter, controlling her while the heiress remained with the 'kindhearted family' she grew up with.  The housekeeper eventually was shot dead in the 3rd or 2nd last episode, but not before we found out her daughter got her heart. So for her diabolical crimes, her daughter grew up in clover and end up as co owner of a company of a man who employed her as a maid. This writer is strange to say the least.

Be prepared to see YR reigning as the shameless, amoral biped for the next 19-20 episodes.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, maribella said:

Thanks @dramaninja for the link.

with apologies to TP fans, 

what's he doing trying to stop YJ. Help her to beat YR ( even literally :lol:)  instead of preaching to her, posing no doubt.  I don't understand Korean but looks like he does not want her to be a YR? 
Go kick her backside you idiot. 

Can someone tell me why TP or one of the Han idiots is still keeping YRs real identity a secret? Is it to drag it to 100 episodes? :lol: I feel like an idiot now.

I agree 

@maribella This drama does remind me of that drama. I recall dropping it because it was so stupid 

• LOL 2

7 hours ago, mizv said:

I give appaulse to everyone here that can tolerate watching this drama.   I learned daily dramas aren’t for me. I can’t digest the storyline.   I just want to throw my shoe at the tv.  I did take a peep and ended up crying my eyes out when Child died.  Very talented kid. Same kid from Hi Bye Mama.  
Will continue to peek here see how’s the story is going though.  

I don’t even watch it regularly I just see snippets of the episodes when I do chores but then turn the TV off when I’m done. This forum is far more informative and entertaining than the drama itself anyway lmao

Plus I’m all in for Darth YJ, glory to the empire!

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Blob 1

I'm kind of busy today, so I only have time to post the translation for the preview. But to summarize what happened at the end of Episode 79, YJ recorded YR planning out a miscarriage. YJ showed that recording to SJ. So, in retaliation, YR revealed to SJ that his mother "tried to kill someone".

Episode 80 Preview

English Translation (from Kocowa):

YR: That means she committed an attempted murder by proxy.
SJ: Mom, do you do anything to protect yours? Why did you do that?
SJ: I suddenly got curious... what you are like, Mr. Koo.
YR: Where's Min Woo? I want to apologize to him.
YR (to YJ): What are you doing? Are you crazy? You should've stopped messing with me.
TP: You got so blinded by your revenge. How can you use Min Woo? What makes you different from Yu Ra?
YJ: I will definitely destroy Yu Ra. I will certainly find another way.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Every preview I have watched so far have looked like this to me:

- some MILs talking

- evil lady yelling

- water being thrown in someone's face

- Mr. Abs brooding

- evil lady yelling

- some other guy brooding

- evil lady yelling

- evil lady slapping

My biggest worry is that the evil lady isn't even yelling anymore.... :scream:  Please put this lady out of her misery before she does permanent damage to her vocal cords!

:evilelmo:

• LOL 7
  • Blob 1

At this point Yura should say to SJ, "By the way, Yujung is my twin, that kid was mine, all I want is your money and family name power...Oh yeah, Yujung doesn't love you either she's just using you to get revenge on me...Ok bye...kisses"

• LOL 3

I have lost all respect for TP all he. do is just complain and yell at  least the dummy is trying to go after YR but not in a good way .Having live with the Hans no one in that family has any moral all of them worse then dog poop 

• Like 3

After zipping through the last episode in all its glorious subtitles, I correct my old comment. YR taped SJ's mum and Koo's talk about killing SH, or whatever her name is. Just like YJ taped her phone call. I would like that phone. The taping was so clear. :rolleyes:

If the writer had given the characters some brain, they would want to find out her accomplice as well.

@Yazusa I was going to say the same thing about TP. He is on his high horse- she would be no better than YR. Really, after knowing what had done to his mother? Why is he just sitting on his rear end and not help her? She is making YR do stupid things and in real life YR would get caught soon. Unfortunately, I think we will be seeing much of YR until the last one or two episodes, it's the MO of the writer.

YR blackmailing Mrs Cha is not smart. She might slip in her bath and break her neck.

• Like 5