[Drama 2020-2021] A Man in a Veil, 비밀의 남자

0ly40

I found out the writer of drama is *Lee Jung-Dae is the same writer of the following:

Co-wrote "Mysterious Personal Shopper" and "A Sea of Her Own". Based on the reviews from Asian Wiki and Mydramalist regarding ALL of his daily dramas female villains are NOT punished until the last episode with everyone forgiving and trying to make it right for the female villain. Yu Ra will likely continue to get away with everything and very well may have managed to get herself pregnant again with somebody's baby with her family begging for her to turn herself in and pay for her crimes. Point is, TP will get his revenge at the last second...the very last second. They will likely extend this drama by 4 episodes.

Edited by foreverempress
Corrected for misinformation.
  • Like 1
  • Unamused 2
  • Insightful 2

@foreverempress You're mixing up two different people together. Lee Sun Hee is a female writer and Lee Jung Dae is a male writer.

UUFiBex.jpg

Lee Jung Dae is the writer of "A Man in A Veil", along with "Mysterious Personal Shopper" and "Sea of the Woman".

j3hxS3C.jpg

Lee Sun Hee, she was the writer of "Love to the End", "All is Well", "Gold Land", "Amore Mio", "Thorn Birds", "Father's House", "Air City", "Several Questions That Make Us Happy", "Rose Fence", "Hard Love", "Romance", and "Model". She has no involvement with "A Man in A Veil".

WAvaku1.jpg

Shim Chang Seok, the director of "A Man in A Veil", is the only person who's also worked on both this drama and "Love to the End". He also directed "Dal Soon's Spring", "Abiding Love Dandelion", "Hometown over the Hill 2", "The King's Dream", "Freedom Fighter, Lee Hoe Young", "Empress Chun Chu", "Hometown over the Hill", "Golden Apple", "Age of Warriors", "Empress Myung Sung", and "The Full Sun".

Just wanted to clear this up so that no one would be confused. I matched up the info with the official Korean websites on KBS just to be sure.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 2

36 minutes ago, Ayame said:

@foreverempress You're mixing up two different people together. Lee Sun Hee is a female writer and Lee Jung Dae is a male writer.

Lee Jung Dae is the writer of "A Man in A Veil", along with "Mysterious Personal Shopper" and "Sea of the Woman".

Lee Sun Hee, she was the writer of "Love to the End", "All is Well", "Gold Land", "Amore Mio", "Thorn Birds", "Father's House", "Air City", "Several Questions That Make Us Happy", "Rose Fence", "Hard Love", "Romance", and "Model". She has no involvement with "A Man in A Veil".

Shim Chang Seok, the director of "A Man in A Veil", is the only person who's also worked on both this drama and "Love to the End". He also directed "Dal Soon's Spring", "Abiding Love Dandelion", "Hometown over the Hill 2", "The King's Dream", "Freedom Fighter, Lee Hoe Young", "Empress Chun Chu", "Hometown over the Hill", "Golden Apple", "Age of Warriors", "Empress Myung Sung", and "The Full Sun".

Just wanted to clear this up so that no one would be confused. I matched up the info with the official Korean websites on KBS just to be sure.

Thank you for the clarification. I will quickly retract my former post.

Excited Hell Yeah GIF by Lil Jon

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 2

What’s with these korean writers trying to write off completely irredeemable demons posing as humans to be forgivable in the end??? Like bro, it’s one thing to preach kindness and forgiveness but there’s also being ridiculously nonsensical. YR deserves no shred of mercy, she hasn’t shown any sort of kindness or decency that make her deserving of an iota of forgiveness, if they decide to forgive her they’re all morons, including the writer. Sorry for being harsh but the fact is that you’re a damn story writer, get your RickRoll'D together. i’ve seen daily dramas that done better with their characters and story.

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

4 hours ago, Mocharel said:

What’s with these korean writers trying to write off completely irredeemable demons posing as humans to be forgivable in the end??? Like bro, it’s one thing to preach kindness and forgiveness but there’s also being ridiculously nonsensical. YR deserves no shred of mercy, she hasn’t shown any sort of kindness or decency that make her deserving of an iota of forgiveness, if they decide to forgive her they’re all morons, including the writer. Sorry for being harsh but the fact is that you’re a damn story writer, get your RickRoll'D together. i’ve seen daily dramas that done better with their characters and story.

I agree wholeheartedly. YR doesn’t deserve it. She grew up spoiled even though she wasn’t even born with a silver spoon. She has no morals and an habitual liar. She doesn’t even know how t be honest. Whenever she opens her mouth it is always a lie. Shm shm 

I find it so funny. YR thinks everything is done because CJS is dead. She forgot he had other siblings. He will be missed and looked for. Disgusting!!!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Episode 79 Preview

English Translation (from Kocowa):
SJ: If you want to be my wife only on paper, keep it up.
YR: You'll make Yu Jung as your mistress then.
SJ's Dad (to YJ): If you covet Seo Jun's background and want some money, just say it. How much do you want?
SJ's Mom: Did you think I wouldn't recognize Ji Sook? If you had made sure to kill her, that wouldn't have happened today!
TP: I can't keep hiding my feelings. I still like you, Yu Jung.
YJ: You lied about your pregnancy. Did you think I wouldn't know?
SJ's Mom: Yu Ra, you appall me. You lied about your pregnancy. Are you out of your mind?
SJ's Mom: Han Yu Ra, you wench!

Ending Scene of Episode 78

English Translation (from Kocowa):
-At DL Group's main office-
YJ: Did you want to see me, Chairman Ju?
SJ's Mom: I'm sorry to interrupt your work. Yet, I needed to talk to you.
YJ: You can continue.
SJ's Mom: Ms. Han, please let go of Seo Jun. Can you do that?
YJ: Chairman Ju, does it mean... you'll take Mrs. Han back as your daughter-in-law?
SJ's Mom: You know what she did to Seo Jun. But she's my daughter-in-law carrying Seo Jun's child. Since she did things out of love for him, I should turn a blind eye.
YJ: Chairman Ju, the person that Seo Jun loves is me. I love him as well. I can't break up with him like this. I'll consider... this conversation never happened. I'm sorry.
(YJ leaves the office)
-At DL Group's lobby-
KYJ: Thank you, Mom. You saved my life.
SH: You left early this morning. You have a meeting to go to. Get to it.
KYJ: Okay. I love you, Mom. Get going, Mom.
SH: Okay.
(SJ's Mom walks into the lobby)
SJ's Mom: Seo Ji Sook? How come she's here?
(SH's phone rings, so she answers the phone)
SH: Hello?
(SJ and his dad talk to each other and then run into SH. SJ's mom stares from a distance away.)

• Like 4
  • Shocked 1

@Jillia @Ameera Ali @Lmangla Wait, is the evil lady finally speaking in a normal voice and not yelling in the preview for ep 79.....? :scream:

hallelujah GIF

Also, watched the preview for ep 79 without subs first and misheard that someone said they were pregnant. Thought it was the evil lady at first. :scream:

My train of thought:

1) Gonna be a loud baby judging from the mom's loud voice...

2) Wait, did she finally convince Mr. Abs to jump into bed with her?

Hungry Fried Chicken GIF by Popeyes Chicken

Then I read the translation.

sweating flowers in the dirt GIF by Paul McCartney

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

56 minutes ago, partyon said:

@Jillia @Ameera Ali @Lmangla Wait, is the evil lady finally speaking in a normal voice and not yelling in the preview for ep 79.....?

she is fake pregnant. thats why. once her fake pregnancy is revealed to be fake, she will be back to yelling and throwing teacups when she doesn't get her way... ^_^

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

3 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

she is fake pregnant. thats why. once her fake pregnancy is revealed to be fake, she will be back to yelling and throwing teacups when she doesn't get her way... ^_^

But even with a fake pregnancy:

was she able to convince Mr Abs to jump into bed with her....? Or did she have an immaculate conception? :crazy::w00t:

• LOL 5

5 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

2021 daily kdrama taking revenge new style - YJ is most be most dumb Lead woman I ever watch 

I loved the expression on yura's face when yujung said that. it was hysterical. yujung is basically calling yura's bluff. I think yujung more or less knew that her sister most likely faked this pregnancy. even if she wasn't faking, she knows her sister would not raise this child anyway. much as tae poong thinks he should be the one fighting yura, he didn't do anything. so now it is minnie mouse doing some rather random things. based on preview, it looks like yujung quickly finds out yura's lie. yujung is so much more effective than tae poong. bawahahahah......

5 minutes ago, partyon said:

But even with a fake pregnancy:

was she able to convince Mr Abs to jump into bed with her.... Or did she have an immaculate conception? :crazy::w00t:

kekeke... yura specializes in pregnancy where she doesn't even have to go through the trouble of seducing the guy. she just spikes his drink and then uses blank memory to make suggestions. this is her second magic conception. :sweatingbullets:

• LOL 5

11 hours ago, Lmangla said:

kekeke... yura specializes in pregnancy where she doesn't even have to go through the trouble of seducing the guy. she just spikes his drink and then uses blank memory to make suggestions. this is her second magic conception. :sweatingbullets:

How can the evil lady convince Mr. Abs that she became pregnant when he was blacked out?  :headbang:

Biology lesson time for anyone interested:

Spoiler

Ahem.... Usually there are certain parts of a guy that are "working less than optimally or not working at all" when he's inebriated... :emmm:

Evil Lady....

nice-try-but-no.jpg

• LOL 6

@nohamahamoud2002 idk if I can call situation in No Matter What getting better since I still feel like spitting in the faces of 80% of the characters then slap them with a roadsign tho XD But yeah at least they still have Byeori there but here, poor Dongho....

how many more episodes does this drama have really I just want to see YR being paraded around the nation with all her secrets revealed for the manipulative, rotten spawn of hell she is and with people cursing her out. Still hope she doesn’t get a forgiveness, this woman did all sorts of crime against humanity and it’s kinda funny all of her halfbaked tantrum induced schemes work out bcs of the single cell brains of the characters

• Like 3

11 hours ago, partyon said:

How can the evil lady convince Mr. Abs that she became pregnant when he was blacked out?  

Biology lesson time for anyone interested:

Reveal hidden contents

Ahem.... Usually there are certain parts of a guy that are "working less than optimally or not working at all" when he's inebriated... :emmm:

Evil Lady....

Kdrama men have dual systems. One system is the same as normal biological systems. The other system kicks in when the men are unconscious whether inebriated or other reasons. Therefore it is possible for them to impregnate a woman, for example in the story of the mechanic who brought up 4 siblings and he had liver cancer. They could not or would not donate their body parts. His youngest brother got drunk and his girlfriend whom he was trying to dump got pregnant purposely.

But in this show If YR was faking it, she will get away with it since there are too many idiots in the show.

edit: of course, I am just formulating the two system theory to fit in the data.

I decided to come back to the  forum, Homegrown lovers is so sweet. The ML-FL got engaged. My brain is fortified enough to watch this or at least read the forum.

• LOL 4