[Drama 2020] Tell Me What You Saw, 본대로 말하라

Prettysup

I've been wondering about SY's senior from her hometown pretty much since Day 1 and I said as much at the time. There was something off about him. I don't know the actor so that wasn't it. But there was something larger than life about him.  He came across as being very theatrical. Fastidious to the extreme. Like he was hiding something or trying to convince SY that he was a simple-minded, rubbishy cop that was after a cushy sinecure. A loser from the backwoods. Sort of like fictional characters with dual identities. Their public image is usually completely different from their true selves. Like Batman, like The Scarlet Pimpernel or Zorro. Just looking at them during the normal course of life, one would never think they were these other personas. An effective way to hide in plain sight. Also he seemed to be present at key moments of the cases. I wasn't entirely sure at the beginning because I thought maybe he could be crushing on SY a tad which I imagine was the purpose of him showing up in her life. However, everything fell into place the moment I heard him talking to TL Hwang during the flashback to her being stuck. They made no attempt to mask his voice at all (and I'm fairly auditory) so I'm thinking they were pretty ready to unmask him.

I am almost certain that OHJ knows who named I-Su. How does he feel or what does he think about it... that's harder to say. It explains to me a number of things and one of which is why HHY comes across as a broken person from the first time we see her. Despite her sometimes austere exterior, she feel like someone limping along with a lot of baggage.

There's a kind of twisted ingenuity to The Guy's evil modus operandi. I suppose it's his way of shrugging off responsibility for killing to satisfy his own bloodlust. He tortures people, breaks them and gets them to name names so that he can in his warped mind apportion the blame elsewhere. Not just any name either. It has to be the RIGHT name. He uses the victim's desperate need to survive, push all their buttons and manipulates them to sing to his tune. Just look at the way he treats his so-called brothers. There's clearly something eerily disturbing in the fact that they would commit suicide for him if the cops came knocking. I'm no expert but this is one kid that did not grow up to take responsibility. When he killed his first victim, what did his mother do? She hung herself. Then his Dad took off and abandoned him. I doubt either of them ever spoke to him about the enormity of what he had done as well as the consequence. At the orphanage, the other two boys took the fall for him and came to his defence when he "misbehaved".

I cannot even begin to imagine what it's like to fall into the clutches of someone like The Guy. If a policewoman like HHY was barely able to survive the ordeal what about the rest of us. I don't feel that I have any right to judge her too harshly. The human instinct to survive is ever present. Even if HHY was jealous of I-Su and OHJ's relationship, she kept it to herself. But someone like The Guy isn't just interested in killing people, he has to mess with their minds, dig, push and probe.

The fact that The Guy is a cop I think also sheds light on Chief Choi's sometimes oblique comments about The Organization and misguided actions. Especially now that we know he knew that The Guy was an officer. I think we can be sure now that when he says, The Organization... he does mean the police force. There was a brief moment early on when I wondered if he was referring to some group within the force but I think it's pretty clear from what he said today that he is referring the police force in general. 

Chief Choi really believes that he is the man doing all the hard slog keeping the organization in one piece. The doings of The Guy five years earlier, shook the foundations of the force to its core. Someone was killing people here, there, everywhere and the police had no clue re: how to stop him. CC was the man who brought about some kind of temporary resolution and public confidence in law enforcement returned. In light of that, it makes sense what he has this persistent self-righteous zeal to do whatever it takes to keep things under wraps. It's one thing to say that the police are incompetent, it's another to say that the perpetrator is one of them. It's earth-shattering stuff that could rock an important institution that functions on trust.

I guess I've watched enough OCN dramas over the years to know that they always find a way to link everything up. ;) I was surprised initially how quickly SY found the hit and run driver. But of course, it's just one link in the chain that leads to another.

I now believe that KYH chose to live in SY's hometown really to keep an eye on her because he knew that if she ever cracked her mother's case, she would just be that one step closer to finding his dad and then The Guy.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 5

58 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

This comment cracked me up...

Haha so true, pity there is no BTS pics on this scene

54 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

And hey! I was right about the doll. He murdered someone thus there is blood on the doll yay! Got one right hahaha

Wah luckily I didnt read your guess, I like to be surprised hehe

24 minutes ago, philosophie said:

So the priest & coma guy were evil. Also sunbae of CSY is evil too. But what about that double agent detective on the team? I suspect he is evil too. 

We still have 4 more episodes to go, anything is still possible........

• Like 2

My friends  it hit me now 

Something  scary we forget  about 

I mean we all had being keeping the oppa friend  in our suspect  list ( even in the top of it ) 

We all write about him theories  why he doing that and why he around CSY  as he feel connected to her since the accident  and so many theories  

But after watching his past in ep 13 are we forgiven  something here ?? He not fit to most of our theories  !! 

I mean if he was Soicahpath  from the start, if he killed and harm even before the accident, if he wasn't abused  or in trauma  as a child , if he never understood  the meaning of family or friends from the day one, if he never want a normal life or eagerly  for it, if he was enjoying the car accident  and laughed, if he never felt guilt or any thing toward  CSY cause the car accident, if he never had any feeling to her since he from the start the monster  who use other feeling!! If he never felt guilt or wanted to be free!! 

If he really the oppa  friend  and Soicahpath  we saw in ep 13 then 

who is CSY to him?????? :open_mouth: I mean what rule she is playing  in his twisted  mind !!! It worse then what we all write  theories about him before  if he was the killer 

my friends  I am serious  now I am freaking  out now !!! The child we saw in ep 13 never able to feel anything  normal or even twisted  normal to anyone  , everyone just a tools for him it change all the character  set up and his connected  to CSY  that we write  before assuming  why he get  close to CSY 

I have numbers of horrible  ideas now in my mind of what he thinking about CSY and what he planning to do with her but I cant even say it a loud or write about for now , need to calm  down even if someone  telling me not to over reacting it to late now :bawling:

P.s. I am sure now he know here only less then 5 years ago no Matter  what she playing rule in his mind  I am sure getting  her as players  in the game was one of the reason the game changed  5 years ago , 

Edited by nona88
  • Like 3

@nona88 Maybe he is hoping that through CSY's investigation, she would find his dad who abandoned him. Then he could target his own father. 

DS / Kim Yo Han might have cut his tail but now he is left without any protection. He is on his own. In my opinion, he killed Section Chief Bang in order to enter RIU. That way, he could get updated. 

Now, we know for sure that the organisation which Choi kept mentioning is indeed referring to the police. I can better understand why Choi chose such a way to stop the critics. 

@Sushimi From my point of view, OHJ knows that Hwang was the one who mentioned I Su. However, I can not condemn her at all as KYH had already selected the future victim. He wanted her to name I Su but at the same time, he wanted Hwang to take the responsability for I Su's death. All his actions show that YH refuses to take any blame, he lets others take the blame: see Michael and Gabriel who committed suicide for KYH.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

wow ,I can name someone she could have wished to kill wouldn’t feel guilty  :D He will be like choose me 

15837469631583746959.gif

if the police can’t report a crime or try to the stop killing by reporting it , who would do :phew: , she have a lot of time to warn her friend & oppa but she didn’t that the  sad part for me  :bawling:

ezgif-3-f484cf638da7.gif

She didn’t killed Her friend only that day , she killed oppa too Send him to the fiery pit :tears:

ezgif-3-2049e9bd545f.gif

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, Sushimi said:

So a little info about what OHJ have said in episode 12. Thought it's interesting as this taught us about the knowledge that he knows..

Folie à deux

(Communicated Insanity)

a shared illness that happens when one person in a relationship has a delusional mindset and the other person in the relationship adopts it as well.

Personally to me...This episode should be named as "Folie à deux" it makes more sense as we realised that the guy have two other accomplices which would die for his cause.

You know what make me angry is the that old priest   know that yo han wasn't normal at all and he know that he was behind others harming in the orphanage and the other two wasn't normal too 

And what he did ? Did he ask for police, doctors help ? Did he at least though of diagnosis  them to make sure ? 

What he send the psycho  yo han to adoption  to older  couple and one of other kid becomes  a priest?? Really 

No matter how they grow to hide their really face when they were children   he know what they were 

I mean I watched  Korean dramas for so long and it keep happening  in almost  of all the dramas I watched even the melodrama  I start to think that something  wrong with this social  thinking  there, it like they tend to ignored problem , it not theirs  fault , they dont take acting first or trying to involved even known what going to happen ( not involved  look like their  life style)

just like car accident  with team leader there was other car saw that and it keep moving not stopping or report to police and I will be okay if it just in this drama 

No it something that in social  thinking 

2 hours ago, Sushimi said:

Anyone have any idea as to why OHJ drove to the intersaction. Told Hwang it's her doing and tells her it's impossible to catch the guy and drove off after...

Is it he knew it's Hwang who called out isu's name now? Cause seems to me he looks as though he has that coldness/anger/confusion. Or is it he is on the verge of an outburst?

No indication as to whether he did listen to everything or not :(

He told her that cause he understand  everything  was the guy plan even using her to get the coma man outside  to get him killed  in the place he want not just killing himself  in the hospital 

It not like she almost  had him but lost him it was that she was from the start a tool in the guy plan  ( ohj also fall for his trick this time too)

But OHJ really doubt team  leader now ( he smart enough  to know she playing her own game ) 

And I already  wrote a long post yesterday  about him maybe know more from so long so I am not going to write about it again 

34 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@nona88 Maybe he is hoping that through CSY's investigation, she would find his dad who abandoned him. Then he could target his own father.

Dear he could do it himself it not like his father is hidden it not even that he change his name  only by his name the police officer  find him and the guy can find him ( he even could download personal  files of the police's offices  which not any low police officers  ranks can do it ) 

And he was grown  up enough  to know his father name , that piece  of cake more then making CSY go through  all that to find his name to find who he is and where he his in a second search in police system  

( no something  bigger  here)

34 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

DS / Kim Yo Han might have cut his tail but now he is left without any protection. He is on his own. In my opinion, he killed Section Chief Bang in order to enter RIU. That way, he could get updated. 

Now, we know for sure that the organisation which Choi kept mentioning is indeed referring to the police. I can better understand why Choi chose such a way to stop the critics

He  a selfish and twisted man himself the chief  

He has a struggle  at some point between  his belief  and his benefit  so he choice to make himself  believe  that it not wrong I am not doing it to myself  but for the organization 

Dont joke with me you believe  that you did for it cause it easy then facing the true that you  also psychopath  that think people life doesn't Matter  for the greatest  goal  , and in the 5 years of protecting the organization  and sacrifice many lives and letting go of many bad people  and things , who did benefit  more  the organization  or yourself ?  claiming in ranks and getting power  and money 

He a psychopath  dear he feel nothing about others lives do you see his face when he said that sacrifice some people is neccesarily

it the classic answer of psychopath  to the question  he only making the organization  in his mind as excuse  to not face the true of himself  

Edited by nona88
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

Okay..Equally I feel that OHY is doing the same thing...See why I say I felt as though this two have similar experience and characteristics...OHY sacrifices 4789, threw him as a bait for him to run away so KYH appears to kill him and thus OHJ finds the hideout, it’s sort of his fault for aggravating 4789....They are both characters that would use people to get what they want to hear and see..they both lack feelings...

Next episodes suggestively CSY will dig more of the past...can I clarify that did CSY said that she find it weird that OHJ gave her intel which he typically don’t? (Is that what she say)

Maybe KYH wants to change him, to turn OHJ into someone like him as he feels that there is someone who can understand him. But what KYH has failed to realise is that due to CSY, OHJ has changed. He found his humanity back. He is less furious compared to the episode 11. OHJ didn't get upset at Hwang. He remained rather calm.

@nona88 Well, I wrote that I understand better Choi's choice and mindset but this doesn't mean that I am supporting his decision. On the surface, he managed to calm down the citizens but what bothers me the most is that at the same time, he never really investigated further and deeper. He acted as if what he had told was the truth. Here, we can see his incompetence.

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Maybe KYH wants to change him, to turn OHJ into someone like him as he feels that there is someone who can understand him. But what KYH has failed to realise is that due to CSY, OHJ has changed. He found his humanity back. He is less furious compared to the episode 11. OHJ didn't get upset at Hwang. He remained rather calm.

What if it the opposite 

What If he send CSY  to him to open his heart to make someone  close to him again and then and then making him suffering  again :skull:

I mean he said he his target  but killing  him is  a waste when he can  do more ???? 

P.s. forgive  me I am in the panic  mood now the crazy  and  horrible ideas keep coming to my mind 

Edited by nona88
  • Like 5

@Sushimi 

15837493301583749322.gif

15837492061583749196.gif

form the time he said doll is mine When he just killed someone  , I am scared for the poor girl , he seem so obsessed with her like the doll  , if she turned against him when she discovered his true , why I feel she will be the one who go through process of choosing Between  her father or oppa 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, nona88 said:

What if it the opposite 

What If he send CSY  to him to open his heart to make someone  close to him again and then and then making him suffering  again :skull:

I mean he said he his target  but killing  him is  a waste when he can  do more ???? 

P.s. forgive  me I am in the panic  mood now the crazy  and  horrible ideas keep coming to my mind 

Interesting idea and it is not impossible. 

However, we could see in the last episode that CSY didn't tell DS that she had found the culprit and she had closed the case. The fact that she didn't confide to him is important. DS felt that there was a distance between them and I am quite sure that the closer she gets to OHJ, the more upset DS will get.

Since he said that he wished for a normal life, I have the impression that CSY's family has become important to him. Thanks to them, DS can "act" like a normal person. So getting closer to OHJ will trigger something in him. As I had mentioned before, I fear that she might become his last target... she will need to choose who is more important to her.

• Like 7

@Ameera Ali it’s plausible that, it will be the case. Equally she could be there to stop OHY if he ever do some things that are out of his ring.

it’s can’t be more true , oppa drink & sleep thinking about it :joy:

15837500581583750049.gif

But still think they should be friends , he already give him complement as olive branch  :mrgreen:

15837502621583750256.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

@bebebisous33 , @Sushimi , @Ameera Ali

You all right 

No matter who is right about what oppa friend  see CSY   for 

I did write it all horrible  ideas  that mean one thing :

it going to end bad really bad I was fearing  it going to be hearbroken for csy if he is the killer  and yes it still heartbroken but I think we should fear more the tragedy and the horrible  of that scene more now

csy definitely  going to face tragedy  now 

Choice  name game that he played before  is nothing of what level  he can go with her in the game 

Edited by nona88
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

@bebebisous33 @nona88 both of your theories are plausible. As of now, we can safety say that CSY is in the middle connecting the dots. I feel that YH’s Christian name have a meaning to it. His name meant a fallen angel...could he see OHJ as a fallen angel as well? It’s plausible...because OHJ did stated out their names and it has meanings to it. I believe their illusion is based on their names and their roles. Henceforth YH sees himself as a living fallen angel. 

@Ameera Ali it’s plausible that, it will be the case. Equally she could be there to stop OHY if he ever do some things that are out of his ring.

When if we go archangel route only 2 left both of interesting facets.  Raphael is the healer which healing is theme of show, but Uriel is Light of God which would be polar opposite with fallen angel theme.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

I don't get why this Dong Sik/Yo Han guy is doing this to OHJ and TL Hwang. Ok so he is a psycho who enjoys killing people he started at 13 yo when he killed a kid for that rag doll. Damn his mom should just have him arrested and go through psychiatric treatment back then. Instead she committed suicide and his father abandoned him. Then he spent what 10 or 15 yrs at the orphanage with the other two guy randomly killing people until OHJ comes along and then he becomes a police officer? and what;s the deal with TL Hwang?

The Hwayoungun mountain suicide wasn't done by Chim SaBong and JongSoo. It was the guy, he must have been listening to CSY and OHJ conversation about the unregistered car and Chief Bang. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

5 minutes ago, imgreatgal said:

The Hwayoungun mountain suicide wasn't done by Chim SaBong and JongSoo. It was the guy, he must have been listening to CSY and OHJ conversation about the unregistered car and Chief Bang. 

Which make me think 

I remember  joking about him putting  microphone device  in the sunglasses  that he give to CSY  as a gift :joy:

Okay wait a moment  why she never wear  that sunglasses  ?  I dont remember  seeing her wearing  it :confused: that was going to be cool her and OHJ sunglasses  partner :glasses:

Edit

Seriously  is he somehow  listening  to her ?? Did he using something to watch her over all the time 

I mean with that obsess is he really okay not known everything  about her 

That creepy  he helped her moving  , he also could putting  some device  in her phone or apartment  or more places 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2