[Drama 2020] Tell Me What You Saw, 본대로 말하라

Prettysup

I have a question.

Just before the guy was revealed, there were the conversation the leader Hwang and chief. Is this really happening? Or it was a flashback?

the conversation spoke about how they found one of the item at the scene - a pair of handcuff. 
And it prompted one of them to say is a policeman because he has the keys to unlock. Then the scene showed the back of the guy who eventually took off his jacket to reveal he is indeed a policeman in disguise.

if they already know about this why didn’t they suspect anyone among the police?

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, kohnlee said:

I have a question.

Just before the guy was revealed, there were the conversation the leader Hwang and chief. Is this really happening? Or it was a flashback?

the conversation spoke about how they found one of the item at the scene - a pair of handcuff. 
And it prompted one of them to say is a policeman because he has the keys to unlock. Then the scene showed the back of the guy who eventually took off his jacket to reveal he is indeed a policeman in disguise.

if they already know about this why didn’t they suspect anyone among the police?

It’s not a flashback. The chief concealed the last piece of evidence. She gave him the clue about 4789 in exchange for the information about the piece of evidence he concealed. He answered her it was the handcuff. So he has known all along that the culprit was likely a cop and covered it up to “protect the organization”. But TL Hwang is only finding out now.  

• Like 6

@Sushimi Yes, I agree so much. This is why I have such a hard time rooting for OHJ. Sometimes I root for villains, and if I accept that he is one I can go with it maybe? But he is just so sneaky, he disturbs me! Even more than KYH! I know he has had moments of empathy but still, he continues to manipulate. He is indeed “similar” to KYH in that they have an uncanny power to make people do as they say. 

I have wondered if I’m just being too judgmental of him, but he just, makes me uncomfortable. I guess the thing is, he is not a “trustworthy” character. This makes him intriguing but hard to fully “embrace” (I suppose, Im still trying to figure out my feelings for him) 

• Like 4

@Sushimi Yes, he totally smiled and chuckled and he was kind of “enjoying” the moment. So there might some “sadistic” side to him. OHJ is definitely not a “good” guy and I think he is a bit crazy too. But that’s probably how he gets inside these serial killer’s head. There’s maybe some degree of “identification”. 

TL Hwang ma be aware of this side? Her coldness towards him, is it just her own guilt or does she “dislike” that side of him? (She is hard for me to read too)

SY has experienced his manipulation but I guess she has never seen the extent of it and/or his angry outbursts 

• Like 5

@Sushimi Everyone says he faked blindness and paralysis for 5 years! Why is that the assumption? Why can’t we think he took years to recover and he has only been physically able later? He was in an explosion so it is very likely he got all those injuries. Also, he and Dr Ahn had a conversation that suggested recovery before that “reveal”. 

But anyway, strangulation, OHJ and KYH have many things in common. The reason why at some point I thouht OHJ was “The Guy”. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sushimi said:

Even if he is truly recovering from all of it..he lied to hwang for 5 years, he could have tild her at least...sigh..to be frank, OHJ never denies that is either true or false. When hwang confronted him, he just simply move to the music. 

Then he goes on to say that he did all this to attract the guy..so relativetly people would think that it's fake. 

It's up to you on how you want to think as it is :) but i dont feel like we should dwell on that too much. Cause that not exactly the main story as of now. :)

I just find it too weird that that’s the assumption. It does make a difference because it’s one thing to fake the whole thing rather than to hide his recovery. It makes him a “worse” person to me if he faked the whole time and definitely even less relatable than he already is.

Hwang didn’t really “confront” him. I thought she’d be more angry or outraged, but she was just a little upset and then relieved that he is now able to walk and see. In fact that was the only time she softened up with him (ironically). I suppose she feels so guilty in general that having one less thing to feel guilty about is a relief (but if he had been faking the whooooole time, and she felt guilty about him being in that state, apart from the Isu thing, she could be angrier). That’s why I also suppose Hwang already knows what he is capable of, is used to it and is not surprised by his antics at all. Sooyoung was more appropriately hurt, but also forgave him quickly. 

Hiding a recovery should be a lot easier than faking the whole thing. It’s not like Hwang is dumb. And she already knew he was recovering, Dr Ahn told her. 

Btw, Choi guessed correctly that OHJ provoked the first copycat. So we can assume from that, that OHJ has used those controversial strategies before. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Sushimi said:

Him being able to persuade the fake killer into admitting, shows how powerful he is in terms of persuasion. He has the capabilities to move people. Which to me, this point might have cause KYH into thinking that he is a great contender in his game. A great match , likeminded individual. 

That can explain why on the outside he feels like a character who is doing nothing...cause he has always been doing things behind closed doors..

His character is a challenging one, in which he feels like both the good and the bad guy at the same time :sweatingbullets:

I think we often want to view people that work in security as squeaky clean heroes, like heroes in comic books, clean and moral. But I think reality is much more complex, even soldiers or cops or agents that have done heroic things, I think will be much more complex characters than is being depicted in movies.

If you think about OHJ, he is a guy that understands the way killers think. Why? What would give him that ability? probably- he has a similar way of thinking, when the only thing that prevented him from becoming killer is maybe having a conscience? or his moral upbringing, or simple lack of motivation to kill. Obviously there was something in the past that prevented him from crossing over. But after his fiance died, that something was broken, and he suddenly got his motivation to kill... All he wanted from that point onward was revenge, and he used anyone he could to achieve that aim. He is cold and unfeeling because I think he knows that the moment he will allow himself to feel, he will drown in the pain.

OHJ is actually a surprisingly complex character... surprising for kdramas, but not for JH :) JH has a long history of creating characters that are morally ambiguous- 

in the beginning of Chuno his character hunted desperate innocent slaves in the most brutal way.

In Robbers his character starts out as a con man, but not the cute likable protagonist con man that only cons bad people like you will often see in shows, but a real despicable con man that cons vulnerable women. 

In Money flower, amongst other things, JH's character manipulated the woman that he loves to marry another man... That guy I think was the closest to OHJ in terms of his willingness to manipulate...

And, of course, Bang won in My Country- that guy killed, used and destroyed people to achieve his goal. And Yet JH managed to portray him is such a way that you'd actually like him and feel for him...

I do think that in the coming episodes we will see OHJ breaking and allowing himself to feel, and I think this will be what will make him vulnerable to "the guy". That prospect excites me, tough to vulnerable is something JH does very well... 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 3

@Biology Lesson You make many good points. I’ve questioned my own judgement of OHJs character. While I’m watching a drama I think I tend to react emotionally and since I’m not “getting” him I’m totally “judging” him and its probably based on that “idealization” of TV law enforcement that you mention. It’s only when the drama ends that I can think more objectively. I hope we get to see that vulnerable side of OHJ come to the surface. 

• Like 7

6 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

Hiding a recovery should be a lot easier than faking the whole thing.

I think this is what most people meant when they said he faked his condition ie. he hid his recovery. He was definitely badly injured. So much so that his existence was in question, no one knows if he is dead or alive. He went into hiding with the help of Police Commissioner. Along the way he must have recovered, but no one knows when... 4 years ago? 3 years ago? 2 years ago? Or just recently? So people just simply say he faked his condition this whole time since they cannot pinpoint to a timeline. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

It’s not a flashback. The chief concealed the last piece of evidence. She gave him the clue about 4789 in exchange for the information about the piece of evidence he concealed. He answered her it was the handcuff. So he has known all along that the culprit was likely a cop and covered it up to “protect the organization”. But TL Hwang is only finding out now.  

Oh wow ok got it now!

yes he kept saying wants to protect organisation and I always it is to cover up their incompetency in capturing the guy.

thanks!

• Like 4

11 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

I thought it was Ji min who told her about the handcuffs? Not the chief? 

10 hours ago, Sushimi said:

When he got the fake chew gum killer to enter the police office to admit his crime...no one knew that he manipulated the guy into admitting fake crimes

It was not fake crimes, that guy really killed those girls. OHJ only made him fake the part that he is the Peppermint from 5 years ago

• Like 6

2 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson You make many good points. I’ve questioned my own judgement of OHJs character. While I’m watching a drama I think I tend to react emotionally and since I’m not “getting” him I’m totally “judging” him and its probably based on that “idealization” of TV law enforcement that you mention. It’s only when the drama ends that I can think more objectively. I hope we get to see that vulnerable side of OHJ come to the surface. 

Like with Bang Won, I wish we had more from OHJ, but I will wait for the last 4 episodes to pass final judgement on this character. He is magnificent as he is, but I would love more.

• Like 6

OKAY i was so busy today to be here 

so let me give my view about OHJ dark side and wrongs doing 

• from one side i don't want him to be fairy tale hero who doing everything right and fight only in law way and take nor risk that don't  work while hunting monsters and that make him a very not really too so no one lost himself to darkness and lost everything and spend 5 years fighting body and mental pain to stand up again while the scars he get in the way didn't destroy him specially with guilt , rage and losing his only human connect in one second . he will not raise and fight again in moral or right way or think about saving criminal or killers and not using them to get what he want 

• but in other side that doesn't mean i am okay with everything he do , that not right i can't cheer for him keeping crossing the limit and say it okay since it him and it understood while i am in the same time can't forgive others characters for the mistakes they did ,the harm they caused cause their selfish and only care about protecting them self or getting theirs goals no matter what it is . OHJ is so interest character you can't hate him  no matter what he do and find yourself trying to understand his feeling ( it JH he can make you in love with the darkness human being) but still it not right to say he has his reasons and it understood . and with all his reasons he still like other making wrong for his own selfish and personal goal , he not hunting the killer cause he want to stop monster harming other he want his own revenge above everything even using victims to get him out of hidden .

so i understand the dilemma here i am having it from ep 4 and get more stronger in each week after ep 6 but still there limit to how much OHJ can cross and we set here being only fans for his hot characters , what i mean he can't be so white but it not okay to be so black too 

And all these ep's and the stories we saw about people losing them self to pain and hate  and the healing things is useless if OHJ still do what he always wanted to do to hunt and kill the killer in cold blood no matter how much it cost or how much he sacrifice of lives if they  a bad people or a good one after all  they still souls 

the point here that every touched moment of this drama and all CSY character and  her connected to victims and OHJ will be useless if at some point that didn't stop or saved OHJ from the darkness and that important 

i am  not waiting for him to end as a good guy with warm heart and feeling and being a good cop , no i know better that OHJ was a different even before the accident  and losing his fiancee  he was someone who see things through his mind and has difficult getting along other or understand theirs feeling 

but i hope he go back to the point when he can live without rage and guilt and blood  and when he can be better then the killer even by one choice since this drama all talk about how one and suddenly choice or event change  everything , i want him to choice the chance that CSY giving to  him to connect to human again 

he keep telling her not to be like him and tell other victims too , tell them to not be  like him not to lose to pain and be obsess, to let it go , to free themselves and the lost love one.  

but he talk as it to late to him , it never to late and there for sure more darker and lowest point and there always a higher sky to fly into and there only a hope as a bridge that connect the two different worlds

so i want to see CSY make him choice that one day  to take the steps to up and stop  looking only of  how hell and darkness he hit 

Edited by nona88
  • Like 5

Four more episodes to the end of "Tell Me What You Saw’

With four episodes remaining until the end of the show, the 13th episode of "Tell Me What You Saw" airing on 14 March will be the starting point of a new situation.

This is because the identity of the mysterious serial killer ‘The Guy’ and the secret of Team Leader Hwang (Jin Seo-yeon) have been revealed. The production team said, "There's a reason why we only revealed the face of 'The Guy' to the viewers. We have a story that offers a different type of suspense”.

‘Tell Me What You Saw’ presented a twist when ‘The Guy’ was revealed to be Kang Dong-sik (Eum Moon-suk)". And yet, only the viewers know this. In other words, those who are chasing ‘The Guy’ do not know that he is by their sides. This is the first point that the production team has revealed, therefore, how they will get to know the identity of "The Guy" and how they will face him. 

The second point now lies in the fact that Hyun-jae, Soo-young, Hwang and Choi have different purposes of chasing ‘The Guy’ and there could be a clash in their desires. In other words, Hwang's desire to cover up her disgrace and avenge herself on ‘The Guy’ is at odds with Hyun-jae who wants to find out who ordered his fiancee to be killed. Under the pretext of protecting the police organization, Choi is also trying to cover up his lies five years ago, when he faked the man’s death.  Most of all, Soo-young is tracking him without knowing that the person connected to her mother's hit-and-run accident 20 years ago is actually the senior Kang Dong-sik whom she trusted and relied on most.

Therefore, the production team said, "The process of uncovering the identity of 'The Guy' will be different because each of the main characters have different issues to resolve. It is different from the usual suspense genre in which the main characters work together to find the final villain and solve the case," he said, explaining the third point to watch. That is, until catching ‘The Guy’, attention should be paid to the different stories of each character, including Hyun-jae, Soo-young, team leader Hwang, and chief Choi, and what ways ‘The Guy’ Kang Dong-sik, who is chased by them, will take to avoid a crisis.

Most of all, the cruel truth of Hwang, who has been by Hyun-jae's side helping him for the past five years, and the story of Soo-young after learning the shocking two faces of Kang Dong-sik, the only one that made her smile and took care of her father, is another key point. ‘Tell Me What You Saw’ airs every Saturday and Sundat night at 10:50 p.m.

611811110014356783_1.jpg

http://news.kmib.co.kr/article/view.asp?arcid=0014356783&code=61181111&cp=nv

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

Four more episodes to the end of "Tell Me What You Saw’

With four episodes remaining until the end of the show, the 13th episode of "Tell Me What You Saw" airing on 14 March will be the starting point of a new situation.

This is because the identity of the mysterious serial killer ‘The Guy’ and the secret of Team Leader Hwang (Jin Seo-yeon) have been revealed. The production team said, "There's a reason why we only revealed the face of 'The Guy' to the viewers. We have a story that offers a different type of suspense”.

‘Tell Me What You Saw’ presented a twist when ‘The Guy’ was revealed to be Kang Dong-sik (Eum Moon-suk)". And yet, only the viewers know this. In other words, those who are chasing ‘The Guy’ do not know that he is by their sides. This is the first point that the production team has revealed, therefore, how they will get to know the identity of "The Guy" and how they will face him. 

The second point now lies in the fact that Hyun-jae, Soo-young, Hwang and Choi have different purposes of chasing ‘The Guy’ and there could be a clash in their desires. In other words, Hwang's desire to cover up her disgrace and avenge herself on ‘The Guy’ is at odds with Hyun-jae who wants to find out who ordered his fiancee to be killed. Under the pretext of protecting the police organization, Choi is also trying to cover up his lies five years ago, when he faked the man’s death.  Most of all, Soo-young is tracking him without knowing that the person connected to her mother's hit-and-run accident 20 years ago is actually the senior Kang Dong-sik whom she trusted and relied on most.

Therefore, the production team said, "The process of uncovering the identity of 'The Guy' will be different because each of the main characters have different issues to resolve. It is different from the usual suspense genre in which the main characters work together to find the final villain and solve the case," he said, explaining the third point to watch. That is, until catching ‘The Guy’, attention should be paid to the different stories of each character, including Hyun-jae, Soo-young, team leader Hwang, and chief Choi, and what ways ‘The Guy’ Kang Dong-sik, who is chased by them, will take to avoid a crisis.

Most of all, the cruel truth of Hwang, who has been by his side for the past five years, and the story of Hyun-jae and Soo-young after learning the shocking two faces of Kang Dong-sik, the only one that made her smile and took care of her father, is another key point. ‘Tell Me What You Saw’ airs every Saturday and night at 10:50 p.m.

http://news.kmib.co.kr/article/view.asp?arcid=0014356783&code=61181111&cp=nv

The show is shaping to be quite a unique show! Very excited, can't wait for tomorrow!

• Like 6

In OHJ's defense, I have to say that if Hwang hadn't worked with Choi, then the escape of 4789 wouldn't have happened. Choi knew that The Guy is a cop and as such, he can hear what they have discovered. And when OHJ mentioned to Hwang that he had found 4789, she could have kept it to herself. The moment she talked to Choi, there was a leak and OHJ expected it... Hwang had the choice to remain loyal to OHJ but she didn't. Hwang is as guilty as OHJ in the end... furthermore she caused the death of GS. With his escape, he could commit suicide. OHJ knows that The Guy is a cop hence he keeps his distance from anyone, except CSY. He trusts her the most and this change happened because Hwang shot GS and OHJ recognized the intention behind her move.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2

15 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

@bebebisous33 Can i also say...I wonder...What was Hwang's thought process when she decided to bring out GS. Does she really think that she can get to the actual guy from GS? It's honestly blows my mind that Hwang as a cop did not have the thoughts of what if it's a ruse...It's sad. So complicated....Not sure but i feel like deep in her, she not just want to capture the guy, but to also be the first one to get him...

Yeah she needs to be the first one to get him so she can silence him and keep her secret forever. I guess the recording which The Guy sent her earlier freaked her off so much that she acted acted carelessly to being GS out on her own.

And we get a summary of The Guy past videos, how creepy is it?

• Like 6