[Drama 2020] Tell Me What You Saw, 본대로 말하라

Prettysup

Okay text preview of ep 13 

Spoiler

Team leader is now narrow the list of suspects  who are the guy ( we already  know :joy:

Known that the  police  getting  close to him the guy making him   think what to do next 

( okay that part was hard to understand for me so maybe I am mistaking  something  about what the guy decides  to do ) 

CSY  notice  something  big and dangerous  is happening ( what is it ? ) 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@dramafan33 I decided to watch it RAW in order to get an idea and I have to say that I was a little surprised. The little boy was indeed a psychopath as he killed a child. However, we can observe that despite his mental issues, he was deeply hurt and felt betrayed by his parents because his mother killed herself and the father abandoned him. And now, we also know why he asked the kidnapped people to name a person that should be killed. He wanted them to feel the torment, the guilt and the betrayal that he had experienced himself once. He wanted them to betray their loved ones. Hwang did mention OHJ first but he refused that name, he forced her to name her best friend Isu. The betrayal of a loved one is a huge burden. That's why I still think that in his mind, he is justifying his actions with a certain sense of justice. His parents covered up the crime but at the same time, they abandoned him. So he does resent people, when the truth is covered up... Deep down, it seems that he wanted to be punished so that he could have had a chance to redeem himself.

Furthermore, I understand better why he got close to CYS and her father. The father as a deaf and mute person is somehow different and a little shunned by society. Yet they are able to give warmth and accept easily people. But the boy didn't see what CYS did just before the accident, she betrayed her mother and acted as if she didn't know her. I doubt that CYS has shared this to anyone. Imagine his reaction, when he hears it. I can imagine that his anger and resent will turn against her. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

Okay time for some spoiler 

As usually as far I can understand  since I still need sub 

Spoiler

The guy was not normal to begin  with I think he was born Soicahpath  more then psychopath  and that more danger 

His mother was so afraid  of him so she killed herself  ( hanging  herself)

I am not totally  sure if she really killed herself  or if she want to kill her son and he killed her it hard to think that little  boy could left her up even if he is able to killed  her- still I need sub to understand  and maybe more episodes  to the true be out since the choicing life he make with his victims maje me think he did kill his mother to save himself but that not sure for now ) 

Okay so the guy who hit CSY  is the father that day he was running  after the mother death ( which make me wonder why running  away of the mother really killed  her self )  

The father that day give the bot the candy that why he give it to his victims  it like become linked joy or experience  between  the death and the candy 

I think the father abounded  his son after that ( maybe it when it start his father  decided  for him to survive  he should give up his son) 

He sure hate the police  to began  with the fact they hide the car accident  make him keep doing what he do but it not the accident  fault it also his father fault too and his own fault too 

I think he part of the organization or aware of it,

The guy is a police  man that was a fact that chief  know about he had keys  for the handcuffs and they hide it, 

The guy is the oppa friend  and he was the one in the car accident  ( he for now the guy I know he was in the top of my suspect  list but I know fear the writer  he can make another twisted  in the last week episodes :joy:

Team leader was kidnapped  with someone also I think it was someone  she know and maybe the one who choice her name she tried to run away with her and save her but the other woman sold her out but the killer even so killed her 

But he didnt  kill team leader after choicing a name ( I still dont understand  why ?? As much as we know and saw he really kill the people  after choicing name I think I need sub to understand  more ) 

Team leader in the end choice  isu name and while she was recovering  and in trauma  in her house she saw OHJ interview   I think it was after few days or more when the killer  take isu that why she maybe convinced  herself it not her fault   ( still not forgive  specially  when she still messing up till now trying to protect  herself  and her trauma  at the cost of everything  and everyone she think it okay maybe to tell the true after killing  the guy but what about all the life's that lost in death or living in hell cause if her for the 5 years )  

Ah and OHJ  totally  not trusting team leader now and for good reasons  

@bebebisous33

Yeh that why I said early  I dont think he accept  any name as  OHJ thought  in the interview  

It was clear after the witness  flashback  with his fiancee  in ep 11 that he dont accept  any  name he want the one  they loved the most not hated  the most  it his game 

Ohj did misunderstanding  and underestimate  him 5 years ago he didnt have even a close idea of what this killer  thinking about 

I really like the writer dear  usually  I go wild in my theories  that I don't blame the writers  when they give less complex  story then the one I go crazy wild building  it while watching but this writer keep going in the same complex  way

So more then being proud of myself  of being right more then once    I am more admiration the writer now :heart:

I doubt  CSY father would ever blame  his girl of what happen  even known the true she was a child that misbehaves like any normal child and a tragedy  happened  he already  know how she suffered  all this year  and worked  to find the true( for me the father  moved on his wife death all he care about is his child ) 

Edited by nona88
  • Like 4

Watching it with sub 

Wow 

They were three that close to each other  more then blood brother

They were strange the three of them but the guy was the craziest and the one that control the two other kids.

Yo han is

Spoiler

the guy he the son of the man that killed CSY mother, the kid that was Soicahpath from the start and his other name was ( lucile) and he mostly  the oppa friend  ( okay he was in my top list till they revealed it him  the one , now my thriller  and mysteries mind have to question  if that the final true or there another twist  like the fact  that maybe yo han control more then the two kid to work for him)

Jeong hwan was

Spoiler

the young priest they meet today and was one of the two kids who always stood to protect yo han and take the blame of his doing and his other name is Michael

Geyong su was

Spoiler

the guy in the coma he was the third boy he alway protect the other two as thinking other bully them gabriel

Even the priest laught about how the other name they give them there ( the angles name ) fit them perfectly

Yo han is lucile the falling angel ( Lucifer)
Gabriel was the messenger angel
Michael was the leader of the army- the protector of others

Yo han order them to kill themselves  and they did that how much he controling  them everything  is his plan this game he ending it in his own choice way 

He choice  who will play the final round  with him 

I think he planned  his death too already in the hand of his choosing  one ( i am afraid for CSY more then OHJ now that guy has  crazy away to treat  the people  who supposed  to be the closer to him) 

Edited by nona88
  • Like 8

Ratings are out for ep. 12- 3.8%

“Beautiful Love Wonderful Life” + “Tell Me What You Saw” Both Soar To New All-Time Ratings Highs

KBS 2TV’s “Beautiful Love Wonderful Life” and OCN’s “Tell Me What You Saw” both reached new all-time highs all last night!

On March 8, both dramas achieved their highest viewership ratings yet. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of “Beautiful Love Wonderful Life” scored average nationwide ratings of 28.8 percent and 32.3 percent for its two parts, breaking the drama’s previous ratings record of 31.5 percent.

Meanwhile, “Tell Me What You Saw” scored an average nationwide rating of 3.8 percent and a peak of 4.1 percent for the night, marking a new personal best for the mystery thriller.

“Tell Me What You Saw” also continued to perform well with younger viewers, taking first place in its time slot across all cable channels among the key demographic of viewers ages 25 to 49 (with whom it scored an average nationwide rating of 2.7 percent and a peak of 3.0 percent).

https://www.soompi.com/article/1387281wpp/beautiful-love-wonderful-life-tell-me-what-you-saw-both-soar-to-new-all-time-ratings-highs

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

I didnt understand if HJ already doubted team leader Hwang.

OKAY if you mean in the last 4 ep's yes he already doubted her 

but if you asking about him doing that from so long 

i think yes he did too

i had always asked my self why OHJ so interested in finding the one who choice ISU name 

if his knowledge is limited at what he said in the interview 5 years ago then he will not hold  hate against the one who choose isu name 

since he himself explain that they choice after being broken mentally and it human things

( even team leader i said i don't held against her giving isu name talking is  easy , but in real life surviving that suffering is behind most of human being ability  but i do hold against her what she did after that and how she cowardly still protecting herself she could save isu after returning but she choice to hide the ugly fact that she did want her to die and all this years too :rage:

sure known that it team leader now make sense  that OHJ should hate her and want to revenge against her 

but if he really didn't understand for so long  his mistake in the profile on the guy and get that it  should be someone close and love one that choice then why he so  crazy about finding who is he ????

he asking this question from the start even when he was about to kill the guy who he though he the killer in ep 6 

known the person who choice isu name was more important then his hate for the killer himself 

he keep asking as it the most important hen his revenge against  the guy 

if he didn't have idea  it don't make sense why he was after that so much ? someone like ohj know that choice the name can't be hold against who did it and he know since he was in charge of the case that the one who choice the name are victims too and mostly were killed before taken the one they choice ??? so why ?? did he know ?? did he keep the team leader close till he be sure ????

something in this story still missing  from the guy side , from  OHJ side and from the team leader side 

i wouldn't even be surprised if all we know till now was part of OHJ or the guy plan  and the true about the killing 5 years ago still have hidden reasons and rules 

Edited by nona88
  • Like 4
  • Insightful 2

Just finished watching 11 and 12.

- I had guessed that oppa will be playing bigger role in later episode and had put him on suspect list since very early, because they wouldn't have cast that actor for just a simple role of suburb police. His increasing frequent appearance around CSY also was giving away that a bigger role is coming.

- One of my guesses for the still intact handcuff was that the Guy has the key, and true enough he used it to release himself. The reveal was well done.

- If only police is not covering up some facts and truth, it will be easier to solve this case. But with important evidence eliminated, fake body put at a scene, of course there is no way to catch the guy. Some people choose to work by themselves without thinking that putting resources together will be more helpful in solving the case. Choi thought he could look for the Guy himself. This include Hwang as well, she thought she could look for the Guy herself too.... Geez, what happens to teamwork? (TEAM= Together Everyone Achieve More) It frustrates me to see the police force so distrustful of each other. Even till the last part, Hwang still lied to Yang that she captured Shin and was on the way back... And what is wrong with sharing her horrific experience to the police force, instead of going missing for a while?

- In no way am I holding it against Hwang for saying the name of OHJ or Isu. I don't think that made her a bad friend, but she could have done something (more about it in spoiler below). The Guy made her do that, kept saying wrong answer, wrong answer. In such distressful situation, one cannot think straight. I think he wouldn't even strangle her to death, just hurting enough until she spit out the name he wanted to hear, or rather, to record.

- What is the reason for the killing? It's not about revenge now that we are given more information. It's simply the work of a mad man. Psychopath, sociopath, whatever it is, this sick man kills for fun.

I love this show. Couldn't stop watching it because it is well made. The scary scenes scared me, the touching scenes touched me, the thrilling scenes thrilled me. However, there are stuff that I really felt the writing (or directing?) was a bit off. Here comes the rant, only from the latest episode:

Spoiler

During flashback of Hwang's kidnap... Sorry but she was not acting like a police officer at all. I wonder what was her rank then and when/how did she made it as a Team Leader now? First of all, it was too easy to ambush and kidnap her. As a police officer, she should have been on alert and not let her guard down so much. Enemies all around. Then when she woke up, all I see is her in a panic state. Yes, she did get herself out and helped the other lady. That part I was cheering. But then, she let that lady lead the way to a light? Hello, that light could be where the criminal was since it is still in the same compound. She should have taken charge and direct the lady to follow her instead of the other way round. After she was bound the second time, there really wasn't much that she could do, so I should go easy. But I still have to say, it's panic state again, only screaming and screaming, instead of negotiating with the killer, stalling the time, playing psychological game, whatever, just not screaming since it really would not help anything.

After the horrifying experience, she went missing for no reason. Why? Instead of alerting OHJ and Isu that their lives might be in danger, she went missing. Why not report to the police about what she went through?? Why?? Feeling guilty that she said a name?? Well, he kinda tricked her, forced her into saying the name. No one will hold it against her. Even if that is so, it is still her duty as a police officer, as a friend, to do something instead of keeping it all a secret. I bet not a single soul knows about what she experienced. Why let a criminal get his way?? And yet  she is currently a Team Leader (whom I used to admire because she seems strong and cool)? When Isu was taken away, that was also 5 years ago, so actually she didn't go missing too long a time. My cries are still the same: whyyyy not let other people know what happened? Sigh, this part of the writing really bugs me. It just feels inconsistent of the characterization. Hopefully there will be explanation later? Although I am not counting on it. I feel like they just want to make her kidnapping part as dramatic as possible, so much so that it loses some sense for me.

• Like 10

27 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

Have not watch 12 yet....But the fact like you say that he rejected his name...At this point I wonder...What is that guy's meaning to all his actions against OHJ? Why did he gave him the box? Why leave the doll for him?...You know if he wants OHJ to catch him..i just fear OHJ might eventually kill him before he could even handcuff the guy...not sure but maybe that guy is sick in his mind to want OHJ to kill him so OHJ can feel liberated or something...

Do you think OHJ might be a psychopath? But a good kind?

Hwang...I kind of am guessing their realationship will probably break once OHJ knows the truth?

OHJ and Hwang relationship has been so cold all this time, that I almost doubt wether the revelation of Hwang’s direct involvement will have any impact in OHJ. OHJ is so unfazed most of the time that it almost feels like he already knows everything. I hope to see him crack at least before the drama ends. 

Spoiler alert 

Spoiler

When Hwang was being tortured by The Guy, she did mention OHJ’s name, and the killer said “He is my goal but that’s not the name I want” and he said something like “That fool who thinks he knows all about me” (Im paraphrasing) This was before OHJ appeared on TV, so this guy knew about OHJ before and was already tracking him. I suppose he captured Hwang precisely to create this whole situation? But really? ALL of this was done just to punish OHJ? I hope they explain this more

• Like 7

I loved how cocky the Guy was today 

good acting, but to know he have his own organisation of psychopath was amazing :D 

- if the police were working together as the triple psychopath were they could have catch him long  time ago , why keep secret he was police officer 

ezgif-3-7ebd30b80218.gif

ezgif-3-0ef77c84ad63.gif

15837204091583720403.gif

• Like 8

10 K-Dramas That Feature Strong, Multi-Dimensional Women

10. “Tell Me What You Saw” (2020)

Tell-me-what-you-saw1.jpg

This currently airing OCN drama is a suspense thriller about three people on the hunt for a serial killer. The three includes Oh Hyun Jae (Jang Hyuk), a genius profiler who’s an eccentric recluse, Cha Soo Young (Girl’s Generation’s Sooyoung) as a rookie detective with a photographic memory, and Hwang Ha Young (Jin Seo Yeon) as the charismatic leader of the Provincial Special Detective Division. As we’ve seen from many a crime thrillers, these leadership roles are usually held by men, so it’s refreshing to see a capable woman kick richard simmons in the role.

In fact, while Hwang Ha Young’s first meeting with Cha Soo Young is a little tense, it’s the former who discovers that the latter has the ability to perfectly remember and recreate a crime scene. Hwang Ha Young even becomes somewhat of a mentor to Cha Soo Young in the process, trusting her when no one else does, and the two women become forces to be reckoned with. A thrilling storyline about self-sufficient women taking down bad guys? Sign us up!

Tell-me-what-you-saw-gif.gif

https://www.soompi.com/article/1385588wpp/10-k-dramas-that-feature-strong-multi-dimensional-women

• Like 8

1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

OHJ and Hwang relationship has been so cold all this time, that I almost doubt wether the revelation of Hwang’s direct involvement will have any impact in OHJ. OHJ is so unfazed most of the time that it almost feels like he already knows everything. I hope to see him crack at least before the drama ends. 

Spoiler alert 

Hide contents

When Hwang was being tortured by The Guy, she did mention OHJ’s name, and the killer said “He is my goal but that’s not the name I want” and he said something like “That fool who thinks he knows all about me” (Im paraphrasing) This was before OHJ appeared on TV, so this guy knew about OHJ before and was already tracking him. I suppose he captured Hwang precisely to create this whole situation? But really? ALL of this was done just to punish OHJ? I hope they explain this more

I also hope to see OHJ crack at some point, he is too invincible here. And also, about his confrontation with the killer in the end,  since The Guy is a 

Spoiler

policeman, hopefully he can prove to be a good competitor to OHJ's fighting skills instead of being one-sided.

Meanwhile a pic posted by Choi Ki Sub on his IG story

87274346_1598109170364739_87753896048040

• Like 6

Had that oppa patrol guy not appeared in Fiery Priest, he wouldn't have been on my radar. He stood out immediately and looked like an unbelievable film extra.  The PD gave him away. The camera keeps panning to his direction. We saw the back of The Guy in the first two episodes and I had been comparing his haircut with the patrol guy.....ha ha ha.

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, Blizzardistkaputt said:

Had that oppa patrol guy not appeared in Fiery Priest, he wouldn't have been on my radar. He stood out immediately and looked like an unbelievable film extra.  The PD gave him away. The camera keeps panning to his direction. We saw the back of The Guy in the first two episodes and I had been comparing his haircut with the patrol guy.....ha ha ha.

Same. I had only seen him in that one drama. He was too memorable. Even with the drastic hairstyle change (hehe), I recognized him right away. I wish they had cast a different actor tbh. I wanted to be surprised. 

Everything is too connected. Not crazy about the reveal. But I guess now is a better time than being dragged to the end. 

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Blizzardistkaputt said:

23 minutes ago, lumibear said:

Same. I had only seen him in that one drama. He was too memorable. Even with the drastic hairstyle change (hehe), I recognized him right away. I wish they had cast a different actor tbh. I wanted to be surprised. 

Everything is too connected. Not crazy about the reveal. But I guess now is a better time than being dragged to the end. 

Haha luckily I had not watched The Fiery Priest and had no idea he is some famous guy. Though I had read some of your speculations here, it still came quite a surprise for me. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

However, there are stuff that I really felt the writing (or directing?) was a bit off. Here comes the rant, only from the latest episode:

Hide contents

During flashback of Hwang's kidnap... Sorry but she was not acting like a police officer at all. I wonder what was her rank then and when/how did she made it as a Team Leader now? First of all, it was too easy to ambush and kidnap her. As a police officer, she should have been on alert and not let her guard down so much. Enemies all around. Then when she woke up, all I see is her in a panic state. Yes, she did get herself out and helped the other lady. That part I was cheering. But then, she let that lady lead the way to a light? Hello, that light could be where the criminal was since it is still in the same compound. She should have taken charge and direct the lady to follow her instead of the other way round. After she was bound the second time, there really wasn't much that she could do, so I should go easy. But I still have to say, it's panic state again, only screaming and screaming, instead of negotiating with the killer, stalling the time, playing psychological game, whatever, just not screaming since it really would not help anything.

After the horrifying experience, she went missing for no reason. Why? Instead of alerting OHJ and Isu that their lives might be in danger, she went missing. Why not report to the police about what she went through?? Why?? Feeling guilty that she said a name?? Well, he kinda tricked her, forced her into saying the name. No one will hold it against her. Even if that is so, it is still her duty as a police officer, as a friend, to do something instead of keeping it all a secret. I bet not a single soul knows about what she experienced. Why let a criminal get his way?? And yet  she is currently a Team Leader (whom I used to admire because she seems strong and cool)? When Isu was taken away, that was also 5 years ago, so actually she didn't go missing too long a time. My cries are still the same: whyyyy not let other people know what happened? Sigh, this part of the writing really bugs me. It just feels inconsistent of the characterization. Hopefully there will be explanation later? Although I am not counting on it. I feel like they just want to make her kidnapping part as dramatic as possible, so much so that it loses some sense for me.

Have been a silent reader in this forum as I can't keep up with the hype by the time I joined. Lol.

As for your concern:

Spoiler

It's understandable. 

She was taken out of a sudden at the carpark?

Back then, none of the victims were police officer. I think the victims were all random or rather.. linked from 1 to another? But who was the first??

(Please correct me if I'm wrong)

And the next we saw, she was beaten badly.

Any cool human being would have break by then, furthermore the existence of peppermint killer was already made known. 

I would have peed in my pants if I know I'm at the hands of the killer.

She regained her composure after realising someone was in the same place as her and sort of gained some strength to break free.

She was completely broken and wanting to survive.

After the ordeal, I can say she is still in fear and traumatized. And also guilty 

I don't think we know how many days she went MIA yet and that caused her friend to die because of her.

I can totally understand her.

But again, I felt betrayed too.

I can't stomach her sudden u-turn and betrayal.

And needless to say, I'm still in denial that

Spoiler

Dong sik

really plays a part in all these.

tenor.gif

So what is his ultimate reason for the murders??

Edit: Not sure if anyone remembers..

Superintendent Choi was looking at 1 profile/resume in his office in 1 of the much episode. Anyone recall who was it? 

I'm a bit lazy to search for it now and wonder if that is a clue for us?

• Like 8