[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

Our Jang Gyeoul is going to star in this drama 

Our Chae Song Hwa too - in Thirty Nine drama 

The confirmed casting news are right after last week break; 

I read from twitter - last week break might be because of this. 

Our HosPlay casts are getting offers left and right - Daemyung, Ahn Eunjin, Yeonseok, Jung Seok, Mido

They might have gathered with the ShinLee duo team and actors' agency to confirm scheduling time and possible date for the season 3; as to not clash with other drama scheduling. 

I mean it does make sense to gather and make a final decision. 

In regards to that rating peak at 15% at 6th episode

1 hour ago, JungRok said:

Our HosPlay casts are getting offers left and right - Daemyung, Ahn Eunjin, Yeonseok, Jung Seok, Mido

They might have gathered with the ShinLee duo team and actors' agency to confirm scheduling time and possible date for the season 3; as to not clash with other drama scheduling. 

I also wondered if they will be able to continue with season 3, especially SHB who has two dramas this year to shoot, but one has already started but I guess they already have a date for the shooting of season 3 probably at the end of the year or the beginning of January, suddenly they can accept other offers and there are plenty of them who can shoot two dramas at the same time despite the protocol due to the covid

• Like 2

1 hour ago, marrez1 said:

I also wondered if they will be able to continue with season 3, especially SHB who has two dramas this year to shoot, but one has already started but I guess they already have a date for the shooting of season 3 probably at the end of the year or the beginning of January, suddenly they can accept other offers and there are plenty of them who can shoot two dramas at the same time despite the protocol due to the covid

Yeah. Thats why they(fans) theorized on Twitter that the break last week (no episodes) might be for the actors(i.e their agencies), ShinLee duo and tvN production to meet up and discuss about potential dates for Season 3 to occur - what they should expect on moving forward.

Either they have a final consensus like this person's role will be limited in 1st half of season 3 or be a cameo as they proceeding to create a new season 3. We dont know. I dont know. 

Rating they reached is almost 16% at episode 6 and that is in mid season 2!!! Unlike any other cable tv dramas!

Right after last Thursday episode, 

Jeon Mido confirmed with her Thirty Nine drama, Jo Jeong Seok with his new movie, Kim Dae Myung new drama offer,  Yoo Yeon Seok (not sure other, than Suriname), Ahn Eunjin ( her new drama) and now Shin Hyun Been new confirmed Youngest Chaebol. 

It is not a coincedence, I would say. 

Timeline 

- new rating came in, the highest ones

- next day, announced for a break for covid precaution and script quality 

- same day, special broadcast was announced

- the next week, Mido casting offers confirmed

- Jo Jong Seok new naver update on his new film

- today, Shin Hyun Been confirmed for new drama

So in btw those weeks (2 weeks) all them met up and discuss about on how moving forward with this hospital playlist.

So yes, last week might be the breakpoint to discuss any news/offers/terms before moving forward to announce their new drama and decide on Season 3 filming dates

AND PLEASE - this is my opinion from what I read from others on twitter and Naver. So dont bash my theory! Hahaha

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

I was suspicious on why it took quite a long time for SHB to confirm her casting. Maybe it's due to the fact that season 3 is not yet confirmed and filming for her new drama might clash with the filming sched of Season 3 if ever the 3rd season pushes through. 

It's really nice to see all of them receiving a lot of offers after Hosplay. But a season 3 will make me extra happy with all original cast.

• Like 3

On 8/3/2021 at 6:07 PM, wintergardencrew said:

Do you guys ever wonder why they made Gyeo-ul share the same family name as the twins, Mane and Mone, Yunbok and Hongdo? 

Jang is a common surname. So maybe coincidence?

But knowing the writer and the PD, they might have decided it for a reason aka the whole twinning :joy:

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

7 hours ago, triplesung said:

Jang is a common surname. So maybe coincidence?

But knowing the writer and the PD, they might have decided it for a reason aka the whole twinning :joy:

Jang is common but I think Kim and Lee are more common. So yeah, there must be a reason and I'm also leaning towards the whole twin theory. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

I think the expectations are also high from people watching, we expect movement and pace in every episode but I guess we all forget it’s a slice of life drama. The movement in story lines will vary some weeks will be fast paced and others slow. 

but yeah hope ShinLee makes it less sad. It’s too sad now :bawling: even the always happy Ujju was sad today :joy:

even the camping scene seemed incomplete with no real convo between Ujju and SongHwa. And IkJuns last expression transitioning in seconds from deep longing (if only I could be with her) to teary eyed sadness (why can’t I be with her) to resigned acceptance (going with SonghHwas decision to ‘not confess’ / not crossing the line). Uffff :heartbreak:

the expression was the typical uncontrollable thousand hidden thoughts suddenly swarming your head and you feeling mixed emotions when the cold weather is hitting you and you’re drunk :P

and Junwan The stupid non sensical break up has gone on too long. *eye roll * 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Blob 1

S2 EP 7 Review

The ENTIRE Episode was FF/Snoozeworthy in general and then Last 2 Minutes...JAMPACK Heartbreak WARNING.Like Writer NIm what are you trying yo do?

Mrs Song is helluva Makhajang Lady, Like What do you want WOMAN? I at places honestly wonder if her husband cheated because of this annoying habbit of making mole out of hills and doubting everything. Please use your brains.

Mrs Ahn has a tumor or Alzheimer's I guess, it was heartbreaking to see her struggle to decrypt the house code . :(

JunWan is empty and alone and sad and Again given a case of an infant like...Give him Adult People Hearts to deal with NOW. The scene where after days he got to hang out with Ik Jun then Bam Ik Sun oncall changed the entire atmosphere.

Dr. Ahn holding a ringbox , it's time for his honeymoon period to end but sadly he is getting double the pain from Mom and GF. Are we gonna get his crying scenes over chicken and Beer with his elder brother?

:crybaby:

Why did you make uri Uju Sad?? Like let the Kid remain happy atleast, he finally got the wish to go on a rare or once in a lifetime even chance to go out on a camping trip with his Dad , but nope LOVE breakup...:smashes:

The scene at camping was Nice, Ikjun san a sad sea song throughout his college for Dr Song ? MAYBE...I mean his emotions while watching the campfire seem to give me that hint.

Preview for EP 8 is chaotic and I don't know how misleading that is, but I hope I can see some IkSun/Junwan or Dr Gynac saying YES To Min Ah....PLEASE.....

:teaze:

• Blob 1

I feel like this season is more gloomy than the previous one. I still like it but for me it's not rewatchable since it's quite depressing here and there :tears:

Oh, Ikjun gives chaesonghwa flower to Songhwa, it lil bit (very little) mends my sadness toward this episode

• Thanks 3
  • Blob 1

“The Road: The Tragedy Of One” Ratings Rise For 2nd Episode As “Hospital Playlist 2” Returns To Air

9c64bf8a710d43d2a4299c0446c05bd6.jpeg?s=

Aug 6, 2021
by E. Cha

tvN’s “The Road: The Tragedy of One” is off to a promising start!
Meanwhile, tvN’s “Hospital Playlist 2” returned to air after a one-week hiatus last night, earning an average nationwide rating of 10.6 percent for its latest episode. The hit drama continued to perform well among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it scored a nationwide average of 7.5 percent and a peak of 9.7 percent.

See too much ranting on TL, PURELY my opinion, if this bothered you too much, then you should only watched it after the finale is broadcast to prevent anymore angst. 

Too many people are watching it with too much expectations and even more are watching for CP only.

Meanwhile, relax and watch it as it is without thinking too much or debating too much.

Why make yourself feeling disappointing and having some angst after watching an episode.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Blob 1

I remembered feeling the angst and agony for Chi- hong all through season 1. Then the whole Ik-jun and his when- is- he- going- confess too. Plus the Ahn Jeong- wan supporters were literally going mad obsessing over the potential couple in S1.

Ikjun has had NOTHING PERSONAL plot- wise for 6 episodes. The Song- hwa angle just didn't exist.

Jeong- wan and Ik- sun has been on differrent continents for 5 episodes.

I would say the campfire or rather any personal scene is better than none.

I was so mentally stressed over the couples in Reply 1997, 1994 and 1988. I don't feel the level of stress here in HP.

So therefore my conclusion is that this drama doesn't have the level of angst. In fact episode 6 feel so low key I feel as if I was watching a day at work at my work even.  Like I was passing by some departments and eavesdropping on conversations.

I even paused at the PICU scene where JW was operating to see the Giraffe and work out how how the light or top was moving up and down. And checking the scene if the machines were all the same.

Even the Labchinn hand sanitisers PPL has toned down.

I was wondering then about the tone for episodes 7- 12 from the writer.

They are 41 or 42 year old professors now. Can't or don't expect any excited behaviours from them. Besides Songhwa is over 40. If she is single after all these years no relationship she starts will not be simple and straightforward anyway. She is the ultimate workaholic.

I expect any conflicts or relationships in ep 8 to 12 to be dealt with like middle aged adults deal with difficult decisions. Rationally. With no reckless behaviours. Its not as if if I expect 5 professors to fall off the rail and decide to be behave irrationally. When they deal with their patients crisis so well.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2
  • Blob 1

So the plant is another one of the instances where IkJun tells Chae Song Hwa to take care of Chae Song Hwa ♥️ The way he Keeps reminding her to slow down her work pace and slow down her food gobbling is his love language. 

• Love 2
  • Blob 1

I don't worry about our garden couple, I'm sure that despite the obstacles, they are made for each other and will be together
For Songhwa and Ijkun, I just think that it is difficult for her after so many years of friendship, to be able to transform this into a couple, she does not want to ruin everything, it's a pity, life is short:weary:
For Junwan, I think he should move on:wink:
For Seok yung, everyone wants him to be in a relationship with Minha, just because Minha is kind, in love and pretty  but clearly he has never shown that he is romantically interested in her, she should move on.

My opinion Songhwa and Junwan should start dating together, they would both be much better, they complement each other more but hey I know that will not happen:unamused:

• Blob 1

Of journeys, detours and fate

IkJun and SongHwas walk around the hospital was almost highlighted in the show. The show description mentioned that the hospital is a microcosm of life and I wonder if the round about way they went instead of the elevator - the stairs and the escalators and IkJun going a bit back on the escalator to speak to the cleaning lady was similar to the interplay of our paths and plans In life and detours when fate intervenes. 

JeongWon had a plan and a path and then he met Gyeoul and had a detour and then again now it’s a road block as she couldn’t meet him for the proposal.

Gyeoul had been staying on one road with blinkers on focusing only on JeongWon and her work but the sudden bent in the road (her mom getting hurt) brought her right back to the path she was avoiding. 

MinHa and Seok Hyeongs moms paths accidentally intersected (and will likely continue intersecting in the future). MinHa and SeoukHyungs path crossed and he changes his plan and had lunch again. Is it symbolic of his changing his mind about his singledom path in life?

The child patient of JeongWon seemed like Seok Hyung as a kid honestly - someone else treading a path that Seok Hyung has. 

IkJun and SongHwa have walked the same path infact she has been in the hospital longer but his experience and hers have been different stemming from their personalities . He even found another Chae Song Hwa (the beauty of the flower) on his way. 

For SongHwa every present encounter with IkJun brings up some random memory from the past. I wonder her getting irritated easily is because too many things go on in her head when she’s with him really. Especially after his indirect confession. Is she in denial to herself or is the audience not yet privy to her thoughts is what I question constantly.

IkJun and the guard crossed paths have a rapport and the guard got some solace from IkJun in the most unexpected circumstances. 

Rosa felt that she was satisfied with her life since her one last wish of seeing her son lead a normal life came true and now the road block with her health where she might have to start over in life by focusing on herself rather than her family. 

The camping trip was a sudden plan due to a cancellation and Ujju though wished for this since long couldn’t enjoy like he wanted due to his fight with Mone.

JunWan was almost at a dead end with all the trouble he has been facing with accepting life without IkSun. Honestly that seemed to be his lowest point and forced 180 degree turn that should wake him up from his forced misery and jolt him back to normalcy. and then again the car incident happened and he seems to be stuck in a rut again. Almost lost on some lonely dusty road wit his tyre stuck in a mud and and not able to move  (he doesn’t even seem to be driving often these days possibly meaning he isn’t really able to make decisions for his own life path).

the twin sister forgot the path she had treaded when her mom was sick and was taken back to that time by IkJun. 

the liver transplant patient seemed like a case very similar to IkSun. 

In some strange way there were some overlaps. Just like life where everything is sort of connected and everything has a purpose and is part of a bigger picture. And as much as we may plan and plan we realise fate was at play all along. 

Another reason why I think the walk was important is that it reminded SongHwa that having a coffee or meal with her is IkJuns chosen gift for himself, he has many places to be many things he could do instead because he is mr popular as Swoon said. But although fate made their paths cross again two years ago, just like the day he chose to be with her over a coffee date with Go Ara, in the present IkJun chooses the path that leads to Song Hwa over and over again.

P.S: the silent ‘Let’s eat’ scene was screenplay brilliance really ♥️ A continuation of their habit and yet so beautifully fresh. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 4
  • Blob 1