[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

3 hours ago, peace said:

A thread on twitter mention that the only ones in the scene who knows what is Harry Potter are Seokhyeong and ikjun. Considering their differing attitudes, it explains how both of them can still be friends after all these years cause they have a shared interest

Hmm Interesting analysis, SK likes IKj and he also likes MinAh , both are annoying and fun at some level. SK has had the most dramatic family dynamics ever so people like IKJ and Min Ah try to make this guy talk and smile without insulting his awkward isolated tendencies , that is also one of the reason SK and IKj have been BFF for so long, IKJ method is understanding people is different from Song Hwa but his EQ is equally higher as his IQ I believe.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Blob 1

Found a quote by Dan Groat that applies to both IkSong and WinterGarden:

‘There is a silent deference for one another, a distance that is kept, and lines that aren’t crossed, but in their sharing, they each try to pay tribute to the bond in their own way. As often as possible, they open up a little and give what they can.’ ♥️

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

Their conflicts aside, I really appreciate Gyeoul's bravery for visiting Rosa, the first time after their official relationship, in the midst of her own chaotic situation, uninvited, without telling Jeongwon beforehand, without Jeongwon brings her to Rosa she brings herself, unexpectedly. This is a quite big milestone for her, hence her sigh of relief afterwards. And the look of Jeongwon, what is he thinking?? Surprised? Happy? I guess it's true that Gyeoul is unexpected factor in Jeongwon's life.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

To think Yang Seokhyung visited Chu Minha 
" If he likes you, he will come, right?" Minha to Gyeoul

To think ShinLee duo shifted our attention from Mama Rosa to SongHwa's mom. The impact! At the moment we felt glad that it is not Alzheimer, but hydrocephalus (non fatal if catches on early), they suddenly changed gear and dropped the heavy news abt Songhwa's mother. I had the feeling that this is coming because they teased that her mom likes to go to the clinic to get self check often. Songhwa always dismissed the idea because she thought her mom wants her attention. But the focus shifted from Rosa to her mother, Damn.

Ahn Jeongwon words " How can I be a doctor if I saw the symptoms but not knowing it". I think this sentence kept nagging at the back of her mind when the truth bomb dropped. 

We saw a lot of foreshadow, teaser since Season 1 and the scenes in Season 2 act as a parallel to those scenes in Season 1. 

Junwan confessed to Iksun at the bus stop, and now they met each other in a bus. So excited to see how they gonna develop this.

Ahn Jeongwon - Yangpyeong Lie /"Let me know if anything troubles you"/ the fluff turned angst

Gyeoul - Gwangju hidden truth / "Affection" / High gear kicked in when there is abusive husband/father nearby

Foreshadow

Mom broken ribs/fractures Child broken ribs/fractures

Father (is not present to give consent), could be he ran away = Father of the child ran away after the doctors found out abt children abuse

Father of the child saying he will coming back to Yulje for Ahn Jeongwon - but instead the story of abusive father/husband is teased since ep 4, meaning that the story will (not the father), or  it can be that Gyeoul's father visits her at Yujle in near future

Gyeoul fast reaction without giving much thought - both in S1 and S2

If people thinks that Gyeo-ul should have shared her problems, then Jeongwon too. Since Gyeo-ul found out abt Mama Rosa's condition from the Yulje staff's mouth, not JWon, that would meant a break of trust btw both of them. Just like Yangpyeong lie, she found out about it from Ikjun sudden spurt of gossip abt JWon in Season 1. Kinda have a gut feeling that JWon too will know abt her "broken" past, not from her but someone else

It felt like miscommunication/and hiding "things" will be a main villain to their story.

Tbh, even Jun-wan friends of Jeong-won for freaking 20 years didn't even open up his fair share of trouble and pain to Jeong-won when he asked "Is something going on? Are you okay?"

Tell me how? How can Gyeo-ul open up a bag of dirty/trouble past to someone she felt comfortable to be with for 2 years. She even claimed "that it helps her escape from reality, even for a moment" - it means  she feels peaceful/comfort with him.  It might be that she is afraid the haunting past/or present truth might destroy their moments altogether. One way or another - Jeong-won will know, maybe not from her mouth but someone. As expected from JWon, imo, he knew but waiting for Gyeo-ul to tell him. 

Anyway, given the preview

me thinking Seokhyung is getting advice from Jeongwon about Minha or other than I can think of is - the late father's mistress approaches him and ask him for help, since she didn't receive any alimony. 

Long silence ride in the bus - Iksun and Junwan I wonder if Junwan will make the first move to greet her, since in s1 it was him to do it first"

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Songhwa was devastated for her mother out of guilt as well that she was unwilling to listen to her , not attentive to her , did not give her enough care. Same like JW but he verbalised his guilt and she did not.

I hope this serves as a wake up call for her that she is indeed busy unhealthily in her job. And this obsession of giving best in her job is clearly taking a toll on her health , and on her personal life. I remember last season when she had to contact with DLL for the first time ever, Chihong constantly  offered his help but she did all it by herself. That she could easily avoided. And Ikjun is constantly advising her not to take extra duties and to say NO to tasks where ever she can but she is constantly ignoring his advices. 

JW was guilty but he visits his mom every week. Given his extremely busy life with a gf, DLL, only surgeon for kids surgery this is all he can do for his lonely mother.

Ikjun learnt his lesson and proved to be the best brother a sister can ever wish for. when he is already busy with Uju and his tough job to.

Seokhyung took a 180 degree turn and transformed  into a Mama's boy . Despite how her mother destroyed his marriage life.

KJW is also visiting his family and we see him talking more about his family recently. When his job is the toughest one being the head of the department.

But Songhwa who do not have one of the biggest responsibilities of having a partner nor kids , can easily have plenty of free time that she can use to her benefits. She can use this freedom to spend more time for her enjoying life and to give more care to her family. But she kind of failed in this department. 

So she who seems to be perfect, flawless has this flaw of being obsessed with her job and trying hard to be extra nice to people where she should say no . 

Same goes with her love life. She has made herself so busy that she is deliberately not ready for dating. How long is she planning to be single just because she is happy with her job. Clearly like any other human she needs a shoulder to lean on, she can become vulnerable  , needy. In her office crying alone , thankfully Ikjun was there for her but he was just there as a friend. Would not it be a lot more better if she had a partner/lover by her side in that moment, be it Ikjun or someone else?edy. In her office crying alone , thankfully Ikjun was there for her but he was just there as a friend. Would not it be a lot more better if she had a partner/lover by her side in that moment, be it Ikjun or someone else? I am not saying that she is not independent woman and she must be in a relationship but why independence does ultimately mean freedom from a loving relationship or not having a loving partner in an independent  woman's life. Women can be independent,successful at jobs, happy , contented with a loving partner. Also being independent  financially has not much to do with emotional human needs of love,care, affection, relying upon.
SHE NEEDS TO SET HER PRIORITIES RIGHT. There is absolutely no need to be a busy body all the time.

The bear also did not want to be in a relationship, though for entirely different reasons but look at him now . How much changed he has for the better once he has opened up to himself that ...yes he can have another chance to be happy. So he is giving more space to Chu Chu. Look at him, how much happy, smiley, lively and relaxed he has already become even if he has not committed to a relationship for now.

I personally, unlike others never really warmed up to her character. It is not that i don't like her but i feel indifferent to her. She seems to be too perfect  and has almost no life outside of hospital like no story of her own up until now, everything was related to hospital life and being a doctor and being a friend up until now, we never saw her flaws nor her vulnerability that are essential to a human being up to the latest episode. Withholding her POV for Ikjun for almost 17 episodes also is not helpful.

• Like 5
  • Unamused 3

(This is not my first post but I always forgot my account here in soompi.)

Songhwa has the weakest story among the 99z, yet. Yes, she has these moments where she seems to be the main character for that episode (example is the breast cancer scare) but it is not part of a long story arc - it got resolved quickly. Even her "rest" period at Sokcho was skipped. No matter how much the drama regularly emphasizes that she is also human, she stays perfect in our eyes because there's just too little time spent on her weakness. However, I do have faith with the writer. Proof is I never imagined that the writer will steer Gyeoul's story arc the way she did this season. I am actually thinking in my head before and at the start of S2, "dear writer, wintergarden cannot be pure fluff only, that's tiring" or "wintergarden's story should not just be a regular girl getting the popular guy", but here we are at the stage of her story that is more compelling. AJW's character in terms of his active repression to Gyeoul's of S1 was totally redeemed and even tested because of how her story arc evolved plus, Gyeoul might just be that someone who deserves to be happy just as Ikjun once said. It provided depth on their relationship and character. So I am also waiting for this kind of turnaround for Songhwa's character as well. All of her small moments building up to something as well. It should also be good because it might take more than 2 seasons to have a major breakthrough on Songhwa's character and well relationship with IJ. All that said, I was sad for Songhwa this latest episode, all of the things she advised to AJW gets back to her. That is painful.

I love GomGom's story. I think it is the type of story where it can be light even when Bear's mother comes into picture? I also like how the writer gradually change bear's character little by little.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

On 8/13/2021 at 5:31 AM, Raynaa said:

Oh now that you said it I think so too!

cause earlier when the camping gear was ordered by Song Hwa it used to come in well packed parcels or cartons but this time the tray was in a bag? He possibly called the restaurant and asked them to send it to him. Also that’s why he did not want to discuss it with Jeong Won and JunWan and said it’s a secret. He possibly did not want to bring attention to it and the possibility he got it from the restaurant.

Good point about the grill not being wrapped in a package like her other camping stuff! Ik Jun does tend to work his magic discreetly.

During the friends’ dinner, Song Hwa loved it so much that she was tempted to ask the restaurant to sell her one, but Ik Jun told her it would be somewhat shameless if she did. So, she didn’t.

giphy.gif

I really do believe that he asked the restaurant for her instead. If anyone was to successfully convince the restaurant to sell one to him, it would definitely be Ik Jun.

Either way, I loved happy she was and (equally) how happy he was.

giphy.gif

Also, when she was imagining how to use the grill while camping, it made me smile how she said “We'll set it up like this...”. I assume there will be more camping trips in the future for them, including U-Ju.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

18 hours ago, dubuqueen said:

Did she cross the line though? :ph34r: What  are your thoughts? Some people are theorizing that she will be the first to confess.

at this moment she HAS to be the one to confess if Iksong were to happen. The dynamic is too heavily shifted to Ikjun being the one who makes the extra effort. If Ikjun were to do even more it will be far too lopsided...

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote tweets! Thanks!
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, Andrew - said:
On 8/14/2021 at 4:22 PM, dubuqueen said:

Did she cross the line though? :ph34r: What  are your thoughts? Some people are theorizing that she will be the first to confess.

at this moment she HAS to be the one to confess if Iksong were to happen. The dynamic is too heavily shifted to Ikjun being the one who makes the extra effort. If Ikjun were to do even more it will be far too lopsided...

She better be.

Yes this is very one sided so far. And being an IkSong shipper and a general viewer i am starting to loose my patience about withholding Songhwa's side of story. Her pov. ShinLee are milking it WAY TOO MUCH.

Ikjun has always been doing so much for her especially this season. She is mostly at the receiving end after his confession. And not budging at all. I am sure she is not blind or without brain. She must have observed IkJun's efforts and intentions. And if she is not ready to let go her fears, concerns, nor ready talk it out , to break her walls , to give both of them a chance up until now after 20 episodes i would rather Ikjun MOVE ON and find some one else he and Uju deserves. BUT.... i know this is not gonna happen as they are written as a couple by the writer. 

Right now there scenes together are not doing anything for me. I would rather they don't have much scenes separately but with lacking 3. I know this ship is a slow burn just like GomGom. And i was patient until now episode after episode , hoping that next episode we would be able to see a crack in her shell , there would be some progress though teeny tiny on her part where we would witness it with our own eyes and not just to theorise it with our brain cells............but the absence from any kind of reactions where we can see she is getting effected and opening up or her pov making their story arc FRUSTRATING to watch.

GomGom is also a slow burn but it has become increasingly fun and satisfying to watch. WHY? For 1 simple reason that we can see how The Bear is changing . we can see progress in his case. But Songhwa after 6 episodes....NO PROGRESS. I have even lost interest to write about, interpret their scenes.

6 episodes leaving the 1st and the latest episode because in the last episode she at last showed a little more than her usual calm, perfect, untouched, non- effected side, both individually and in relation to iksong.

The way ShinLee is taking this ship and other story arcs at snail speed i assume they are heading for seasons 3. And i am afraid they are goinna drag iksong more and more in this case. This can be the only logic for such slow speed , otherwise how come they cram everything in last 4 episodes and make it believable , acceptable, enjoyable. Not every one is their blind fan that whatever they do , would blindly love that.

• Like 2
  • Unamused 2

1 hour ago, JJS's Fan-atics said:

She better be.

Ikjun has always been doing so much for her especially this season. She is mostly at the receiving end after his confession. And not budging at all. I am sure she is not blind or without brain. She must have observed IkJun's efforts and intentions. And if she is not ready to let go her fears, concerns, nor ready talk it out , to break her walls , to give both of them a chance up until now after 20 episodes i would rather Ikjun MOVE ON and find some one else he and Uju deserves. BUT.... i know this is not gonna happen as they are written as a couple by the writer. 

Right now there scenes together are not doing anything for me. I would rather they don't have much scenes separately but with lacking 3. I know this ship is a slow burn just like GomGom. And i was patient until now episode after episode , hoping that next episode we would be able to see a crack in her shell , there would be some progress though teeny tiny on her part where we would witness it with our own eyes and not just to theorise it with our brain cells............but the absence from any kind of reactions where we can see she is getting effected and opening up or her pov making their story arc FRUSTRATING to watch.

By body language, before heading out, Ikjun move and face (not fully directly), Song Hwa, right after she moved toward her desk. SH step closer and then stop. Ikjun just a step away.

Ikjun gave her to chance to open more....as in came to him. She only needed to turn a little bit and she would be in within his arm. But SH just stopped, cried, and stayed facing her desk, not turn around to IJ. 

Baby step she made in asking him to take her home...but i guess she need more time.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lassie said:

Baby step she made in asking him to take her home...but i guess she need more time.

This is why i said this.

3 hours ago, JJS's Fan-atics said:

leaving the 1 and the latest episode because in the last episode she atleast showed a little more than her usual calm, perfect, untouched, non- effected side some both individually and in relation to iksong.

2 hours ago, Lassie said:

home...but i guess she need more time.

She has already taken a lot of time we are talking about 6 freaken episodes out of total JUST 12 episodes.... and that also without any progress from her side....how much more time she needs?

But i hope things now finally move forward from her side.....after the last episode BABY STEP...and not on a snail pace.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2021 at 10:17 AM, leftphalange said:

Their conflicts aside, I really appreciate Gyeoul's bravery for visiting Rosa, the first time after their official relationship, in the midst of her own chaotic situation, uninvited, without telling Jeongwon beforehand, without Jeongwon brings her to Rosa she brings herself, unexpectedly. This is a quite big milestone for her, hence her sigh of relief afterwards. And the look of Jeongwon, what is he thinking?? Surprised? Happy? I guess it's true that Gyeoul is unexpected factor in Jeongwon's life.

Out of all WG moments in season 2, this one is my ultimate favorite. Despite all the sugar, none of them moved me as much as this one did. To be honest i started to feel numb to their sweet scenes. But then that scene happens and i find the excitement of looking forward to WG once more. I just love everything about it. Rosa's giddy reaction, Jeong Won's mixed expression of shock, disbelief, longing, relieved, and delight, the beautiful YYS's voice singing "the beautiful gyeoul..." when he saw her as if in that moment he really find her beautiful, everything. 

• Like 3

After watching Ep 8, something disturb my mind. Before the band scene, there is a scene where SongHwa met a man who is her patient's son. He said that his friends for 30 years just died at his relatively young age, 50. And the scene end after that.

Whether I only overthink this scene or there something important will happen to Ikjun, because this scene might be a foreshadow to Songhwa's long time friend and related about death. But, we all know that Shin-Lee is not the type who will make useless / pointless scene, right?

But, I hope everything will be okay, and they have happy ending.

*sorry for my bad english

Edited by kurokurokaze
Adding details
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, bee_wannabe said:

Out of all WG moments in season 2, this one is my ultimate favorite. Despite all the sugar, none of them moved me as much as this one did. To be honest i started to feel numb to their sweet scenes. But then that scene happens and i find the excitement of looking forward to WG once more. I just love everything about it. Rosa's giddy reaction, Jeong Won's mixed expression of shock, disbelief, longing, relieved, and delight, the beautiful YYS's voice singing "the beautiful gyeoul..." when he saw her as if in that moment he really find her beautiful, everything. 

Yess, Jeongwon's face is everything. We never saw the process of how Jeongwon fell in love and realized his feelings for Gyeoul and his gaze on her in S2 always smiley happy full of love, so his expression on that scene is like showing us another pov of him towards Gyeoul. I'm just fine with their fluffs, I took it as a compensation from ShinLee for S1 without non work related conversation lol. Beside they're on honeymoon phase. But I guess their fluffs in the beginning also a buildup to what comes to their relationship now. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, kurokurokaze said:

After watching Ep 8, something disturb my mind. Before the band scene, there is a scene where SongHwa met a man who is her patient's son. He said that his friends for 30 years just died at his relatively young age, 50. And the scene end after that.

Whether I only overthink this scene or there something important will happen to Ikjun,

OMG....i am done with the rewatch just now ...and i swear to God, the Exact Same thought crossed my mind while watching that scene.:crazymad:That may be same thing happen to ikjun and he will give Uju in Songhwa's custody before dying.  Hence Songhwa will be left alone but not totally because Ikjun will be with her in shape of Uju. :joy:

But then i thought no ikjun have uju. So ShinLee would not make uju suffer. 

• Blob 1

@kurokurokaze the way i see it that scene serves as a turning point of the son who used to be ignorant of his mom's condition prioritizing his work and money thinking they've done enough for her. The whole episode is like reminder not to neglect others around us no matter how busy things are, especially parents, to live every moment to the fullest, taking every chances available so there's no regret. The next scene of that son, we see the effect of his friend's death on him,  he takes care of his mom, the job that was usually done by his sister, fulfilling his duty as son.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

'Wise Doctor Life Season 2' Kim Dae-myung X Ahn Eun-jin, fluttering stills of Gomgom couple revealed

http://www.topdaily.kr/news/photo/202108/113757_87735_239.jpg

tvN's 'Wise Doctor Life Season 2' has released stills of Seok-hyeong (Kim Dae-myung) and Min-ha (Ahn Eun-jin)'s exciting visits.

In the released steel catches the eye with Seok-hyung, who seems to be one step closer to Min-ha, and Min-ha's lovely appearance crying tears of joy. First, Seok-hyung's warm gaze, looking worriedly at her lying down, and Min-ha's contrasting expression, who is looking at Seok-hyung like that and cannot believe it, draws attention. Seok-hyung's worried eyes, asking Min-ha, who seemed to see something in vain, if he's okay, stimulated viewers' excitement.

On the other hand, 'Wise Doctor Life Season 2' is a drama about the chemistry of 20-year-old friends and people who live special, ordinary days in a hospital called a microcosm of life where some are born and some end their lives. . It is broadcast every Thursday at 9 pm, and episode 9 is broadcast on August 19 (Thursday) at 9 pm.

http://www.topdaily.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=113757

• Like 1
  • Blob 1