[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

i still in the process of digesting Episode 14. Will get stomachache if KES continues feeding us with such raw and solid food... :dissapointed_relieved:.  

As predicted,  LG and LR would only travel back to past when the two flutes meet together. Only complete magic flute would let them past through time travel otherwise they only can move through space in parallel world. But my head is spinning around because of these two travelers.  

1.  When the flute in complete form (cylinder),  there are three dimensional (3D) is formed, therefore LG and LR can travel through time to the past. But, when they are separated apart at the universal door, both of them are unable back to reality world 2020 unless they bring the flute together. Question is : How LG can come back to 2020 without letting JTE wait to long ?     I don't how does it work, but every dimensional has it coordinates which mean LG needs to calculate the three coordinates in order for him to locate a point within these space. The point shall refer to JTE in 2020 and LG may back to 2020 when the doors are opened again. This theory works because the flute is in cylinder form. :scream:, Gosh...i don't how to explain and what am i talking about............:lol:

2.  LR's flute disappear to ashes mainly because of his dead. The flute was brought from 2020, and it is impossible for LR2 can have it which it will create imbalance to the universe. To me, this plot makes sense to me. But my question is: Present LR (2020) must have done the same things (slash his doppelganger) in the past, how can he not knowing that he will be killed by his doppelganger?  He should be more precaution of his own doppelganger. :skull: This part is not convincing me and I could not understand it. And once LR 2020 passed away, who is going to in-charge of his minion?   Wakao, PM Koo took over his place? 

3. To me, LG does not change the pass, he is creating additional memories with JTE and she is the light who can bring him back to present too. 

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Heilo said:

It's more like Looper and X-men days of future past I would say exactly like X-men days of future past. This will give you all the explaination you need. The X-men universe time travel concept.

You truly nailed it. This is exactly like the X-men universe time-travel and I would even say it's pretty much the same 

• Like 2

Loving the multitude of theories!

LR will still be alive in 2020 as he only killed the future apparition in 1994. 

If nothing happens, LR will go down the path in still trying to get the other half of the flute. 

I think he realise he should have listen to 2020LR when he lost half the flute during the coup and did not have time to search for it before the palace guards came.

And time-travelling LG found out now how LR and his men escaped. Because of his cousin who helped them escape. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, madmad min said:

They are Playing Passing the parcel indeed. i got confused for a moment thinking LUNA got JTE id , which she got from LG which LG had since he was 8 which he grabbed from EPISODE 14 LG.

OK WAIT WHAT?? 

This is essentialy One ID which travels like LG, 2 Same Ids existed in the palace which came from different Timelines.Hmm.

Ok now that I read your rant after a good night sleep, I realised that I forgot to reply to you yesterday night. LOL

So now our JTE has her ID which OUR LG got from his future self and upgraded LG has her new ID (that was issued in the timeloop we saw) in KOC . So at this pt of time there are 2 ID's right?

• Like 3

13 hours ago, mychoiyoung said:

LR is greed personified.  Imagine, you cannot even share with yourself, the one who is warning you about your downfall & is out to save you? Idiocy to highest.

I think its because he didnt believed it was his future self, hence decided to kill him.

So, I was goggling the Royal Family of Korea, and saw the royal family crest - the Yi Family crest. It looks like a circular flower too, so i didnt understand the earlier criticism of the show which says they follow the Japanese imperial crest... hmm...  they modified a bit of the flower and i still think it looked like the Yi family crest? :ph34r:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Heilo said:

It's more like Looper and X-men days of future past I would say exactly like X-men days of future past. This will give you all the explaination you need. The X-men universe time travel concept.

Whew this was a very detailed explanation. Thank you!!!

I think the difference with TKEM vs other stories that show people traveling to the past to change the future is that usually, we only see the events unfolding from the POV of the person traveling. So traveler went back to the past, we see what he did, and then he travels back to the present, and then we see how some things have changed. As an example, in BTTF, we are viewing the events from the POV of Marty and Doc, but we don't really see the events from the perspective of those left behind. It's like a god-view, in a way, because relatively they're the ones controlling how events would turn out and the rest of the world is just moving depending on it.

However, in TKEM, we're seeing it both from the POV of the traveler and the POV of those left in the present. We're actually seeing how our present is being changed in real-time by the events currently being changed in the past. I guess this POV is something new to me because we don't really get to see it - we only see the aftermath once the traveler goes back to the present. And wow I guess I'm starting to really appreciate this storytelling.

Omg I hope that made sense. 5 hours til the next episode :bawling:

• Like 8

7 hours ago, briseis said:

You need to realize that Gon is counting all the time difference by himself, using only his memory - he doesn't have a pen or paper, or his trusty white chalk and blackboard nor his phone, which he left with Yeong. HE'S BASICALLY LOST IN TIME, COMPLETELY ALONE, WITHOUT TONY'S STARK'S GPS, and the only way he can use to orient himself in it are his math abilities, memories of TE and rarely leaving the gate for few moments to confirm his calculations. Tae Eul really is the beacon who leads him home and prevents him from getting lost

Nonsense.
From the first time he went out, he was delivered a couch next to the gate, a TV screen and a VCR + all seasons of Columbo, a Texas instrument scientific calculator, a pentium i686 computer with the Warcraft 2 game, a truck of chips and sausages in a box.
Then, around 2005, he got a high-end i3 dual core PC with nVidia GTX 750 graphics card, a DVD player, all seasons of 24-hour chrono and Battlestar Galactica, the Starcraft game and Civilization 4, and another truck of chips and sausages, with extra beer.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

Roughly 5 hours to go. I can't wait for episode 15 at the same time I'm sad that this wonderful epic fantastic drama is about to end. This series has affected me so much more than what I expected. What am I to do for the rest of my life? 

Luna is a villain right?

:)

I AM A LOSER

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, kboramint said:

What I don't understand is why are those new memerories. In episode 1, LG went back to 1994 to save his younger self but didn't decide to met 1994 JTE and 2016 JTE? This is why I don't like time travel stories. It creates plot-holes and contradictions to the story. 

Exactly. I wish they stick with one theory. Either time loop theory (your past is your future aka fate) or Back to the Future theory (you can change your past and come back to a changed future) or Avengers theory (you create a new alternate timeline but it does not affect your original timeline). Now, they seem just to mix everything and it’s all confusing. 

edit: it turned out, after back reading, the time traveling is explained. Thanks guys!

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

Help a girl out.

what kind of time travel theory does TKEM follow? I know it’s grounded on travelling  between different time lines, but is it based on predestination paradox or inter-dimensional time travel? I thought it was cyclical time travel ,starting with him saving himself ,leaving JTE is ID for him and thus ,becoming who he is at the future.I thought him meeting her through time then and there made more sense to her attraction to him within the first few episodes .But no , this actually changes her attitude towards him when they first meet ,proving this is something that has changed and not something that has always been that way.Tell me ,did Lee Gon travel to another world of dimension and change things there? or is the woman who he is meeting at first Luna ? Someone help,please

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

LOL!!

We can always change back to a better DP if we are going back to the treason night again. 

However sometimes, we could have overthink when it's really just 1 saviour and the so called different colour of the shoes could be due to 

bad lighting?

SJ can die. I have said before, I'll gladly hand him up to his executor with bow tie.

I felt that the SJ we saw in 2016, he already knew he has no chance with JTE the moment JTE met up with LG by the phone booth.

I just hope that he will not turn dark in hope to stand a chance with JTE if he erased LG.

I'll haunt him down myself for breaking my heart.

With the police investigation, JTE was able to get information about LG's parallel world identities. The name, the birth date and etc.

Without the police investigation, there is no way LG would have come across the information just by reading all the books in the library.

All the switches by LR are for his gains and ways to manipulate, control and wealth.

Example:

Pregnant lady we saw.

He didn't change K pregnant lady to replace C pregnant lady.

Based on episode 14, he wanted to know what C pregnant lady will do to get back to her original life.

Seriously, if LR wanted C pregnant lady, he wouldn't check back on K pregnant lady but this evil prick actually send someone to check back means he only really just want C pregnant lady to comply to his wish and commands.

So poor K pregnant lady. She will be offed soon either appearing for few minutes to show her demise and look of disbelief or it will be done offline just like PM Koo's doppelganger. 

1. About shoes may be to show that different timeline LG LOL. Anyways I will change the dp to PM koo since she is kind of smart and looks classy:joy:

2. SJ:

Spoiler

Even I felt and said in one previous post that he is probably going to die at the end BUT it makes sense if Lee ji hyun is alive ( as we have seen in spoiler pics ) that means there is no Lee lim in KOC so he wouldn't have swapped kang kids (kang sin jae and kang hyeomin of KOC ). So kang sin jae in ROK would be dead and the SJ that we are seeing who is actually from KOC (kang hyeomin) would be alive in KOC. Makes sense right?:lol:

3. Police investigation and doppleganglers

Spoiler

I am in the minority here but tbh I don't think they wasted time on police scenes because they do play role in JTE's life. I mean if we are not shown anything regarding JTE and her ROK relations and profession , then we as the viewers wouldn't feel sad or be confused whether she would stay in ROK or KOC. This whole possibility of closing gate is sad because of JTE having father, siblings (eun sup, shin jae, nari), job and her friends.  Suppose for a person like Luna it is easy to switch from KOC to ROK because she is nobody in either universe which is harsh but true.

We may think dopplegangler scenes are useless but the writer showed us how Lee Lim's mind works via doppleganglers.

The only dopplegangler crime that didn't add much is the face mask one but I still think it is going to play role in the next 2 episodes.

Now we felt what role does that chief's wife play but she is the one who helped LG because of JTE. Now for me it wouldn't have made sense if she was shown out of the blue and helped JTE because why would she do that? She is even willing to keep this entire thing secret because of her relationship with JTE. 

NOW the scenes which took time and didn't add much:

1. Japan-KOC tensions. If I remember correctly it took half an episode for that and it added CGI cost and controversy to the production so much so that the editor (/director?) has to apologise and step down from his job. Why was that part included? To show LG as the king ? Instead they could have shown more about how LG was handling KOC internal affairs. Also they could have added few more scenes with PM koo to make us understand what she actually wants from marrying the king. (Not that I like PM koo :lol:but I think it would have added more to the story and avoided unwanted controversy to TKEM)

2. Sin jae: ok I admit I like his character but if he is not going to play imp part like being the 2nd savior :P then they could have cut down his scenes and gave us more OTP scenes.

4. Pregnant lady

Spoiler

So this is the upgraded/new Lee lim who sent that proposal to KOC lady stuck in ROK? Because the one we saw since epi 1 is dead .

5. Upgraded LG:

Spoiler

So the upgraded LG doesn't have new memories like JTE has right? Because he was surprised that JTE knows him in that redo hug. So looks like he has no knowledge of their new meetings which are because of our LG.

6. So at any given point of time  there are 2 human LG and 2 JTE ID's? ( Since this is a loop.)  And 1.5 flute? :lol:

P.S:  I am a loser LOL

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

19 minutes ago, Wanderer062287 said:

Whew this was a very detailed explanation. Thank you!!!

I think the difference with TKEM vs other stories that show people traveling to the past to change the future is that usually, we only see the events unfolding from the POV of the person traveling. So traveler went back to the past, we see what he did, and then he travels back to the present, and then we see how some things have changed. As an example, in BTTF, we are viewing the events from the POV of Marty and Doc, but we don't really see the events from the perspective of those left behind. It's like a god-view, in a way, because relatively they're the ones controlling how events would turn out and the rest of the world is just moving depending on it.

However, in TKEM, we're seeing it both from the POV of the traveler and the POV of those left in the present. We're actually seeing how our present is being changed in real-time by the events currently being changed in the past. I guess this POV is something new to me because we don't really get to see it - we only see the aftermath once the traveler goes back to the present. And wow I guess I'm starting to really appreciate this storytelling.

Omg I hope that made sense. 5 hours til the next episode :bawling:

THIS!  I AGREE.

If you compare it to the Harry Potter time travel (I'm sinking with this ship, y'all!), we saw Harry and Hermione travel back in time, and they leave Ron in the present. We never see what happens to Ron when Harry and Hermione were gone (of course the film didn't need to show that, Ron was just in the infirmary LOL).

But here, time continued to run in 2020 when LG left.   And so we are left with a conundrum: as far as LG is concerned (the one who travelled back to 1994), what happened to JTE after he left is still a future.   So will that future happen when he goes back?

I think it won't because it's possible to explain that he is not changing the "past" but actually changing the "future".  I don't know if that was clear though.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Madu Mita said:

Help a girl out.

what kind of time travel theory does TKEM follow? I know it’s grounded on travelling  between different time lines, but is it based on predestination paradox or inter-dimensional time travel? I thought it was cyclical time travel ,starting with him saving himself ,leaving JTE is ID for him and thus ,becoming who he is at the future.I thought him meeting her through time then and there made more sense to her attraction to him within the first few episodes .But no , this actually changes her attitude towards him when they first meet ,proving this is something that has changed and not something that has always been that way.Tell me ,did Lee Gon travel to another world of dimension and change things there? or is the woman who he is meeting at first Luna ? Someone help,please

My idea, just to summarize all my confusing previous thoughts (haha), is that TKEM follows a time loop theory, where the travelers would always be destined to go back to a certain point in time. However, with every loop, they have the chance to do things differently in order to eventually escape the loop. Some of the things that our current LG and LL are doing now, are things that their past selves had not done, so we may actually be looking into a different outcome (or maybe finally escape the loop). We seem to also be seeing the effects of the loop not just from the perspective of the traveler, but also from the POV of those of us left in the present (e.g. alteration of memories etc).

But again I'm a clown so what do I know hahahahahaha.

You may also back read (if you have the time) bcos some of the explanations here are actually great :wub:

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Madu Mita said:

Help a girl out.

This is why a lot (INCLUDING ME!) are confused.  Because for most of the episode, everything could be consistent with the predestination paradox, cyclical time travel ala Harry Potter.  But then LG deliberately met JTE in 2016 and told her to be nicer to him.

The question is: why even tell her that?   His words to her in 2016 and even in 1994 are inconsequential.  It doesn't really change anything because he didn't tell her who he was and that he was from a parallel world.   Surely he didn't think that telling her to "be nicer to him" would change the subsequent events.

I thought about this a lot and I think he simply wanted to create more memories of him for JTE.  Because when he was doing this time travelling, he knew that their time together in the future was limited. So he was making more memories, albeit vague, to make their "time together" last longer.  I really do not think he had any intention to change the future when he met JTE in 1994 and 2016.  

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Page 731 of 736:

@vangsweetie637

Spoiler

tenor.gif

This page won't stop increasing.

I'm still stuck in the past.  

At this rate, I don't have to watch LIVE if I can never catch up! LOL

3 hours ago, Heilo said:

His been working with LL for years He should be taken out of exile and brought home to face justice 

Hahaha.. your DP. Love it!

Lol

I can't wait for LG to punish him properly!!

:naughty:

-----------

Page 732 out of 736:

I'm seeing some of my post.

Suddenly...

Spoiler

tenor.gif

I'm reaching page 736 soon.. *pat pat* #selfconsole :joy:

3 hours ago, Heilo said:

She dosen't strike me as someone whos much of a helper

Indirectly.

Luna was the one who "brought" JTE's card to him and she is also the one to "lure" him to chase after her and chanced upon the bamboo forest and hence found his way to JTE again.

But then she is annoying now because she OMFG POISONED OUR KING, STABBED OUR QUEEN AND WANTS THE FLUTE!

Spoiler

tenor.gif

• Like 8
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

Page 731 of 736:

@vangsweetie637

Reveal hidden contents

T

Indirectly.

Luna was the one who "brought" JTE's card to him and she is also the one to "lure" him to chase after her and chanced upon the bamboo forest and hence found his way to JTE again.

But then she is annoying now because she OMFG POISONED OUR KING, STABBED OUR QUEEN AND WANTS THE FLUTE!

Reveal hidden contents

i had alot of "TF?!?!" moments when i watched JTE getting stabbed. Wasn't ES watching over Luna just moments before at the supermarket? suddenly he's not in the picture? did  he conveniently went to buy drinks too? LOL  Also didn't LG order JY to watch over JTE? like what were those scenes for ? Conclusion:  JY and ES must be drinking together somewhere else. 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 1
  • LOL 7