[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

43 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@Heilo haha ur baddie! I was so glad when LG shot him in the knee but i also said aloud to my phone “next time, aim for a one-shot kill Peyha!” LOL!!

off to sleep I must go or else I might not wake up to join live recaps. And that’s a big NO for me :P goodnight everyone!! 

His been working with LL for years He should be taken out of exile and brought home to face justice 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

2 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

He’s worn that turtleneck for 3 decades already just go naked 

Wait, actually four

Let's just say he was in the in between so whatever bacteria was on him aren't growing at such a rapid rate. So he only has about 4 months of stench on him. :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

there's only 2 episodes left but it seems like ep14 opened up a whole new series on it's own .  so we have 2 episodes to clear up the below. probably loads more. 

What was the point of swapping all those doppelgangers ?

JY : he came on as a strong second lead role and then .. nothing. what's his contribution to the plot anyway?

PM: what did LR wanted from her and vice versa? what did she do in ROK?

SJ: still don't know what is the purpose of this character in this show. All those background story is so far meaningless.

pregnant woman: what is she there for? 

i demand season 2 :(

• Like 6

1 minute ago, AgentQuake said:

He’s worn that turtleneck for 3 decades already just go naked 

Stop it, kimchi! You’re cracking me up while I’m still crying over the new stills. 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, scrawford said:

@Heretorant The obsession is getting intense, they either need to date and fulfill our shipping heart or I'm gonna need counseling lol! Yes i was, i wanted to find LMH interview from last year and found filming clips from last year. we have never seen that scene before, and if we don't end up seeing it, i wonder how much scene they have to cut?

I demand all cut scenes of our perfect OTP to be released! Include all uncut version of bts too! 

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • LOL 7

2 hours ago, ssfwl said:

anyone else able to recognise if these 2 people are the same person?

1st image is the water selling man which Luna bumped over at the rowing competition in Ep1

2nd image is the restaurant owner in KOR who is Lee Lim's traitor in Ep8

he has since been beheaded and had lightning scars which means his counterpart was killed off.

however, how is it possible to have the same person in both KOC and ROK or did they make a mistake in the casting?

That man is the same person,  we didn't see that man's doppleganger,  that man just Lee Rim's people who in the night of traitor come to kill the king and get manpasikjeok, After 25 years, he is a water seller, and Lee rim take him to ROK,  and Lee con see him in restaurant and bring him back to KOC and die in there

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Dramafreak said:

Is that why LR keeps trying to poison LG?

He tried thrice... SJ's mom, Noh's chickens and through Luna!

Sorry, I'm still catching up so in case someone answered.

LR didn't keep trying to poison LG.

He wanted LG dead no doubt but so far, we only see 2 attempts. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

1) The treason night but he failed himself

2) Poison given to SJ's mum to carry out but she did not.

Lady Noh's chickens were dead because Lady Noh fed SJ's mum bowl of seaweed soup to them and she realised the potency.

May the chicken rest in peace.

And as for Luna, based of yesterday's episode. It seems that she is not under the influence of LR. She is solely on her own team and she wants the flute to herself.

Seriously. I'm wondering LR's IQ here.

Why on earth is he going around telling people about the flute.

I would have keep it as trade secret and take it to my grave but LR...

tenor.gif

• Like 3
  • LOL 10
  • Awesome 1

1 minute ago, SCSfanz said:

there's only 2 episodes left but it seems like ep14 opened up a whole new series on it's own .  so we have 2 episodes to clear up the below. probably loads more. 

JY : he came on as a strong second lead role and then .. nothing. what's his contribution to the plot anyway?

SJ: still don't know what is the purpose of this character in this show. All those background story is so far meaningless.

Omg!!!  So much agree:sweat_smile:

Why..  Why.. And why 

HAHA

I know it's just a drama, which is human who create is so of course there will be so much mistakes, but..  Joyeong.. SinJae..is soooo..  Omg!  I don't know how to say.

About the pregnant lady, maybe next time will be something important HAHA

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, gwin said:

What happened to that meeting we saw in Episode 1 where JTE was rude to him, and the events that happened subsequently thereafter?

-What knowledge of LG does the JTE of Episode 14 have?  Only the fact that the same LG visited her in 1994 and in 2016?

I think someone mentioned this in an earlier post, but episode 14 JTE might have 2 sets of memories - one from her lived experiences and one produced by LG's alterations. We don't know what changed in the LG-JTE meet-up event and the events that followed, but whatever changes those are, they still led to the existence of our present JTE and they are now embedded to her new set of memories.

18 minutes ago, gwin said:

Finally, LR.   Unlike LG, his future self cannot go back to 2020 anymore because his past self killed his future self.    So who is the LG we see in the previews (talking to PM).

This was confusing for me too, but I think I have come to reconcile that if we're just dealing with one but ever-changing timeline here, even if 2020 LL was killed by going back to the past, the 1994 LL he went back to still 'grew old' to be the 2020 LL, and now that he knows that time traveling back to the past will lead to him being killed by his 1994 self, he would not do that anymore, instead he will take a different course of action this time  (maybe this is where the meet-ups with PM Koo will come into play).

~~By typing that, one question arises - if the now-older-1994-LL-who-caught-up-to-the-present will decide not to time travel back to 1994, he would not be in the portal with LG at the same time, which means the Manpasikjeok will not be whole in the portal and the 1994-LG-who-already-caught-up-to-the-present would not be able to go back to 1994. Is this when the time loop is broken? Amfmfmfmfmfmfmf my brain

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

5 minutes ago, SCSfanz said:

Swapping all those doppelgangers ---  all part of the grand plan of LR to get the other half of the flute from LG and make the flute whole.  If you will note, he changed doppelgangers for those who have some connection to LG (the guy at the stable, the mom of Shin Jae, among others)

-We still don't know yet how the pregnant lady will figure in all of this.

JY --- I've lost all hope in this character.  What a waste.

SJ --- The background story has not been meaningless as it explained to us why LR targeted specifically him.   His father in ROK owned a hospital that LR needed to carry out his murderous plans.

His story is quite tragic, his parents basically took his life in exchange for a hospital.   I figure this will lead him on a path of revenge towards LR as well, so he will help LG in this regard

• Like 2

Excuse me. I don't know if this has been addressed, because I haven't finished backtracking as I currently have a headache. Litterally.

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493b2c577a4c233726070a

Thank you, drama.

But I have a question:

Assuming that the Lee Gon that we've been watching is currently stuck in the place between 0 and 1, and that he's been there for some time (some suggested it was about 4 months), then what happens to the current KOC? Has the king been missing for four months? 

giphy.gif

Edit: OMG! Found the answer to my own questions! Lol. Brb. I need to take some meds. This headache is killing me :crazy:

Edited by goldenashes97
  • Like 1
  • LOL 3

15 minutes ago, SCSfanz said:

swapping was specific for him gaining powerful people in both worlds setting his plan in motion but he had no idea his older self will take him out completely. 

Example the pregnant lady was powerful figure in the Monarchy gov't so he got her peasant counterpart and wanted them to swap so that he can gain a powerful seat in that gov't.. The swapping was never for game from his pov it was only to further his power and having people in high places. His ruthless and dose no favor to anyone but himself 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, goldenashes97 said:

Assuming that the Lee Gon that we've been watching is currently stuck in the place between 0 and 1, and that he's been there for some time (some suggested it was about 4 months), then what happens to the current KOC? Has the king been missing for four months?

I think it was @Heretorant who reconciled this, but it's not necessarily 4 months in our timeline. If he exits from the time loop at the exact date he left, then that means he was never gone at all. But since, he did not have exact calculators with him (he's only relying on mental calculations, hence he kept losing track), he might have overshot his exit by a few days or weeks, but it doesn't necessarily have to be four months. He just needs to exit at the right time.

Oh my I hope I gave justice to @Heretorant's brilliant explanation amp

EDIT: Okay great you found your answer. I hope you saw the detailed one posted somewhere in the previous pages :wub:

• Like 9
  • Love 2

13 minutes ago, Emmy Nur'aenny said:

About the pregnant lady, maybe next time will be something important HAHA

Pregnant lady was a powerful figure in the Monarchy world so he wanted to swap her with her peasant counterpart in order for him to gain a powerful position in the monarchy Gov't. She was a crucial part of Lee Lim plans

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, extrodinairey said:

He's gonna take it off and wear the Jacket of Doom.

NO. 

We do not need to discuss the Jacket of Doom

Or the fact that the flowers are growing at a speed where he could pick them soon

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

The episode confirmed my observations from the earlier episodes:

- Lee Rim has always been too focused on the future hence he neglected the past and his own flaws.

- He looks down on children. He never thought that a child could stop him that's why the future Lee Rim never realized that his own self from the past would never believe him. 

- Jeong Tae Eul symbolizes the present. Here, she gets new memories so that her present and future are affected. When she says that they should skip many parts, it underlines how much she values the present. 

Lee Gon must have felt lonely trapped in a different time from his lover. So their time spent together in the next episode is very short.

So Luna belongs to Lee Gon's past, she was his indirect helper. Somehow I was right that she would help him but totally wrong because she is still an enemy of Lee Gon and Jeong Tae Eul. She is so obsessed with her past and her own suffering.

It is interesting to see that the ex-Prime Minister has become even more ambitious, she wants the flute for herself. I have the impression that she will contribute to Lee Rim's demise. 

We still shouldn't forget that the drama started with February 2020... so I have the impression that Lee Gon will try to find a way to the past... Remember the end of the episode 10. He was Lee Gon from the future.

• Like 5
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 9