[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

PAGE 730, ARE YOU KIDDING ME TKEM THREAD? WOW JUST WOW!  Thank you for all your spazzing and hardwork! It's helping me keep my sanity as I'm getting anxious because this series is ending.

Also, just realized that today's our last Saturday with this series and I'm... 

200.gif

• Like 4
  • Sad 3
  • Love 4

I can’t even think straight.

Luna and PM both want the flute now..these two women wants the flute for their own greed too. Why are their demise running at this pace:

AdventurousPointlessGull-size_restricted

seriously lol.

My thoughts on LR2020 and LR1994 is still not clear to me. My initial thinking is that LR2020 dying didn’t prevent LR1994 from becoming LR2020 again. Yoyo boy says LR failed to save himself and became the monster he is today which means he changed nothing of his destiny unlike LG. I also remember seeing a man’s back standing as if he was observing Yoyo boy and JH’s mom when these words were spoken. Looked like LR to me :blink: i think LR is alive. LR1994 became LR2020 again. Then why did the flute disappear? I think because it was not meant to fall into the hands of LR1994 before the treason. In episode 1, he got half of it. So i think he got half of it again after the treason failed again. Except this time, LG is running towards his destiny and LR is running towards the same path he took in 1994. He killed JH’s family the same way in 1994. LG couldn’t save them because it already happened again. I don’t make sense. I am just writing all my initial thoughts haha. 

LG traveling through time was heartbreaking. I cried with him and his agony. The music was right on cue! 

I will just go back to being Thor at the corner:

tmp_dKBL81_629797d552b9a368_mug.gif

You mean..”we’re looking for a flute..”

:joy::joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 9

5 hours ago, briseis said:

Spoiler

Lee Gon’s Time Traveler’s Guide

TE and Gon are from different worlds (they are at different points on the space axis unless they cross the gate) but the time there is the same (they are at the same point on the time axis). It doesn't matter whether Gon is in the Kingdom, TE in the Republic or whether they are together in one of the worlds - it's always the same date for them. 

I'm not entirely sure on which date Lee Gon time traveled but let's say he went back in time on April 13, 2020. On this day, LG travels 26 years back in time = he and TE are no longer at the same point on the time axis. Lee Gon gets sort of stuck there = he can't go back in an instant, that is, by simply crossing the two gates, because he needs both halves of the flute to allow him to travel foward on the time axis in one go. That option is no longer possible.

Reveal hidden contents

However, he can still travel on the space axis, that is, between the worlds. And here comes THE LOOPHOLE - the gateway is a place where the time is frozen. Thus, when in there, the time barely flows for Lee Gon, while the time in both worlds outside is literally flying and passing him by. The time flows differently in the gateway/in-between - those 4 months is the amount of time which it means for him and him alone.

Reveal hidden contents

Lee Gon needs to breach the distance of the 26 years on the time axis and get to the same place where TE is = April 13, 2020 - and it's really good to consider it as a distance rather than time as it’s easier to imagine and even Lee Gon refers to it as “being on his way” to Tae Eul.

Reveal hidden contents

The more time he spends in the land of frozen time, the closer he gets to April 13, 2020.

Reveal hidden contents

He comes out very rarely, only to check what time it is outside because crossing the gate too many times makes the flute fall apart more, plus the time he spends outside makes calculating the time difference and time flow more difficult.

Reveal hidden contents

You need to realize that Gon is counting all the time difference by himself, using only his memory - he doesn't have a pen or paper, or his trusty white chalk and blackboard nor his phone, which he left with Yeong. HE'S BASICALLY LOST IN TIME, COMPLETELY ALONE, WITHOUT TONY'S STARK'S GPS, and the only way he can use to orient himself in it are his math abilities, memories of TE and rarely leaving the gate for few moments to confirm his calculations. Tae Eul really is the beacon who leads him home and prevents him from getting lost forever.

Reveal hidden contents

I think Gon's original plan is to go back/foward to the day when he left - April 13, 2020 - but because he's been stuck there for so long, he can't really make notes and sometimes he forgets himself while visiting TE to keep his sanity and plant those new memories, there is a slight error in his calculations. This is not the first time Lee Gon loses count of the time he spent there: the very same thing occured in episode 10 when he was exploring the in-between.

Reveal hidden contents

And this very error is most likely the reason why he will come out only several days later after "April 13, 2020".

Reveal hidden contents

@briseis Thank you so much for this explanation.  I was really having a hard time with the time travel plot.  I was wondering, which part of episode 14 shows that he comes out at the wrong time? Do you really think it was LG who with JTE in the previews? I was thinking JTE was dreaming or something?  I'm so glad I don't have to wait a week for the next episode.  I have 10 hrs to go then I get to watch episode 15....

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, ssfwl said:

however, how is it possible to have the same person in both KOC and ROK or did they make a mistake in the casting?

I think it's possible that the water-bottle-selling Kim Gi Hwan is the traitor himself, trying to live a low-key life after participating in the treason. How he was able to escape and continue living out in the public considering that the Royal Guards and the police are looking for the traitors, I do not know, but for the sake of this explanation let's say that's what happened. 

And then of course we know that LL was in that rowing competition. He probably was there to go back to and recruit his minion water-bottle-selling Kim Gi Hwan, which, as we know now, he succeeded to do because in the latter episodes he was already in RoK. Following LL's doppelganger scheme, the RoK Kim Gi Hwan was probably killed, so the KoC Kim Gi Hwan could steal his life.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

On 6/4/2020 at 3:01 AM, syntyche said:

@scrawford, you must have been lurking on the previous pages; it's been ages since I posted those photos. I also don't think we've seen them on those clothes in the past episodes. 

@syntyche Yes! i was backtracking to find a specific LMH interview but found a couple gems from the filming spam back in the day :)

On 6/4/2020 at 2:52 AM, Heretorant said:

Sign me up for therapy with you because those are my exact thoughts everyday, 24/7 :lol:

No, we have not seen this scene yet! Sharp eyes! 

Are you backtracking? 

@Heretorant The obsession is getting intense, they either need to date and fulfill our shipping heart or I'm gonna need counseling lol! Yes i was, i wanted to find LMH interview from last year and found filming clips from last year. we have never seen that scene before, and if we don't end up seeing it, i wonder how much scene they have to cut?

*********************************************************************************************************************

Am i the only one who their brain fried after episode 14? I get it but i don't get it. As a whole, it moves the plot, but i have so many questions still.

So as of episode 14, we have 2 LG, the current LG and the time traveling LG, and eventually there will only be one LG right? and how is he going to obtain the whole flute? 

Also, am i the only who is still curious on how JTE and LG first met and fall in love? I understand that this is a time loop, but there has to be a starting point, the first time so to speak. 

KGE and LMH is ripping my heart out and KGE is killing it on her double role, she is soo good! and LMH why do you have to be so Da*m handsome???? 

@Joanna Alfson Love that more and more people think they are an item. I hope the do date :)

• Like 7
  • Confused 1
  • Love 6

I have chosen Jangmi Pic is that acceptable as per the rule

I was surprised to find out that Jangmi actor has great visuals. His an actor who can transform

photo1077769.jpg

• Like 5
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, briseis said:

Lee Gon’s Time Traveler’s Guide

I have nothing but respect and admiration @briseis. Thank you for this!!!! I am sharing this to all the people I know, who, like me got a little confused.

This thread is the best!!! 

• Like 7
  • Love 5

5 minutes ago, Heilo said:

I have chosen Jangmi Pic is that acceptable as per the rule

I was surprised to find out that Jangmi actor has great visuals. His an actor who can transform

Did you win or lose? JM is a goodie guy so you can only use him if you won otherwise find a baddie to replace him :D 

or you can write “im a loser” if you lost or “im a winner” if you won on every post you make and keep JM where you already have him :P and yes, seeing JM in that kind of picture makes him quite handsome! :D

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20200606

'The King-Eternal Monarch' Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun, the shoulder pillow of tears, "I'm afraid it'll be the last."

Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun show the sadness of their parallel world love with stills of their shoulder pillow of tears that burst into sad emotions.

SBS' Friday-Saturday drama "The King-Eternal Monarch" (written by Kim Eun-sook/directed by Baek Sang-hoon, produced by Jung Ji-hyun/produced by Hwa & Dam Pictures) is a fantasy romance about parallel worlds through cooperation between Lee Gon, the emperor of the Korean Empire, and Jeong Tae Eul, a detective of the Republic of Korea, who are trying to protect the lives, people and love of others. The new world view, as well as the mournful lines, maximize the emotions on the small screen.

In particular, in the last episode, Lee Gon (Lee Min-ho) entered the door of the dimension at the same time as Lee Rim (Lee Jung-jin), and traveled to the night of treason. Since 1994, he has continued to meet with Jeong Tae-eul (Kim Go-eun) to engrain dim memories of himself. Lee Gon then had a fateful first meeting with Jung Tae-eul at Gwanghwamun. Jung Tae-eul, who was just stabbed by Luna (Kim Go-eun) and later had new memories of the first meeting in Gwanghwamun in 2019, said to herself, "Hug him Jung Tae-eul. Give him a hug," and then she ran and hugged Lee Gon, bursting excitement and cold emotions.

In the 15th episode, Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun will look at each other anxiously and make desperate promises. In the drama, Lee Gon and Jeong Tae-eul, who wears patient clothing, hold hands tightly and show their desperation. Lee Gon, still in black clothes given by her, looks at her with a heavy gaze, while she reveals a sorrowful grunt with tearful eyes. Attention is focusing on why the strong couple, Lee Eul, collapsed pitifully, and whether the two will be able to beautifully wrap up their feelings toward each other beyond the entire universe.

The scenes of Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun's "teary two-handed promise" was filmed in Gapyeong County, Gyeonggi Province, in mid-May. After appearing on the scene in a calm mood, Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun stared at the script until the rehearsal and accelerated their emotional immersion. Since they began to match their lines, the two have been teary-eyed and taking a break for a while as their emotions soared during rehearsals. The two, who barely managed to get their emotions together and started filming, expressed the sadness and sorrow of their increasingly fateful parallel love," which lead to a warm response from the staff.

"Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun perfectly immersed into the feelings of the Lee Eul couple, who are constantly shaking and hurting due to their fate to balance the parallel world," the production company Hwa & Dam Pictures said. "Please look forward to the 15th episode."

http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=202006061344029413912_1

• Like 4
  • Sad 16

2 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Did you win or lose? JM is a goodie guy so you can only use him if you won otherwise find a baddie to replace him :D 

or you can write “im a loser” if you lost or “im a winner” if you won on every post you make and keep JM where you already have him :P and yes, seeing JM in that kind of picture makes him quite handsome! :D

Unfortunately I lost I will have to go with a baddie :joy:

Lee Gon's Cousin 

The_King-Eternal_Monarch-C-Son_Kyoung-Wo

• LOL 17

This episode was JAM PACKED! I couldnt even think of any theories cause I WAS TOO BUSY CRYING!!! JTE realizing that LG is stuck in the past and is slowly making his way to her.. was truly heartbreaking. My heart broke every time she recalled a new memory, which is so odd to type but that's TKEM! Wow, I'm just so impressed and I really hope there's a happy ending for our couple.

ALSO, I'D LIKE TO SAY FU** YOU TO LUNA FOR STABBING JTE AND POISONING LG. I KNEW YOU WERE BAD WHEN YOU DIDN'T MIND KILLING OFF THAT MANS CHILD EVEN THOUGH HE TOOK ALL YOUR MONEY. JUST UGH WHY ARE YOU SO EVIL!!!!!!!!!

KSJ, 14 EPISODES LATER IS STILL STUCK IN THE SAME PLACE, LIKE BOY, HOW DO YOU STILL NOT KNOW WHO YOU ARE? 

JY, LIKE I'M JUST SO CONFUSED ABOUT WHAT HE WILL CONTRIBUTE TO THE PLOT, YOU HAVE A MAJOR CHARACTER THAT DOES NOTHING MAJOR. 

Anyways, can't wait for tomorrow's episode, I'm ready to cry again! Praying for a happy ending otherwise I'm gonna have to check into therapy cause I'm gonna be a wreck 

Spoiler

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47d7c50ec3a0b2416916

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: I AM A LOSER AS WELL, I WILL CHANGE MY PICTURE :( (btw it was so satisfying to see LR get murdered by LR, wow I was like YASSS KILL HIM!!!) 

Edited by MairaA
  • Like 3
  • LOL 11

1 hour ago, MairaA said:

This episode was JAM PACKED! I couldnt even think of any theories cause I WAS TOO BUSY CRYING!!! JTE realizing that LG is stuck in the past and is slowly making his way to her.. was truly heartbreaking. My heart broke every time she recalled a new memory, which is so odd to type but that's TKEM! Wow, I'm just so impressed and I really hope there's a happy ending for our couple.

ALSO, I'D LIKE TO SAY FU** YOU TO LUNA FOR STABBING JTE AND POISONING LG. I KNEW YOU WERE BAD WHEN YOU DIDN'T MIND KILLING OFF THAT MANS CHILD EVEN THOUGH HE TOOK ALL YOUR MONEY. JUST UGH WHY ARE YOU SO EVIL!!!!!!!!!

KSJ, 14 EPISODES LATER IS STILL STUCK IN THE SAME PLACE, LIKE BOY, HOW DO YOU STILL NOT KNOW WHO YOU ARE? 

JY, LIKE I'M JUST SO CONFUSED ABOUT WHAT HE WILL CONTRIBUTE TO THE PLOT, YOU HAVE A MAJOR CHARACTER THAT DOES NOTHING MAJOR. 

Anyways, can't wait for tomorrow's episode, I'm ready to cry again! Praying for a happy ending otherwise I'm gonna have to check into therapy cause I'm gonna be a wreck 

Reveal hidden contents

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: I AM A LOSER AS WELL, I WILL CHANGE MY PICTURE :( (btw it was so satisfying to see LR get murdered by LR, wow I was like YASSS KILL HIM!!!)

I was hoping he would behead himself but I guess his sword wasn't good enough. Weak. 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 2
  • LOL 9

I appreciate very much everyone who responded to my questions.  I accept all your explanations (though I do not agree with some of them), but now I have even more questions.

I guess like most of the viewers, it's the time travel aspect and the rules for time travel that are throwing me off.   Despite all the revelations in the last episode, I feel that it is STILL NOT CLEAR what rules we are following.  Because there are hints of both a loop and an alternative timeline type.  So here are more of my questions:

1.    Do we all agree that this is NOT the Back to the Future alternative timeline type?  It can't be the same as BTTF because the scenes we saw in Episodes 1-13 are one original timeline only.  It's not a second timeline.   If it were a second timeline, then there should have been a first timeline where there was no one traveling in time (just like in BTTF).

2.    If we all agree that Episodes 1-13 is the original timeline, then the 1994 scenes (up until that point where LG entered the gate trying to go back to 2020) in this Episode 14 ARE EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED in 1994 when they showed us in Episode 1.   The only difference being, they showed us the "how" which explains why we see scenes that we did not see in Episode 1 (Future LR getting killed, LG meeting Lady Noh in the corridor, LG trying to go after LR but seeing that Prince Buyeong's son helped LR escape etc).

Incidentally, let me add that these whole sequence of events was very well done.   Perfectly executed.

3.  OK here is where the divergence in time travel principles happens.   After the murder of his father, LG attempted to go back to 2020 and realized that he couldn't because LR was no longer there in the in-between.  So the time axis could not be used.

It would have still been consistent with the loop theory if LG did not do anything from 1994 to 2020 that would have an effect of changing future events.  But he did (particularly, that 2016 meeting with JTE).   So now the question is:

-What happened to that meeting we saw in Episode 1 where JTE was rude to him, and the events that happened subsequently thereafter?

-What knowledge of LG does the JTE of Episode 14 have?  Only the fact that the same LG visited her in 1994 and in 2016?  

4.   Now we go to my main point of confusion which is the time in the outside world while LG is "travelling" from 1994 to 2020.   Remember that when LG left in 2020 (after he left the hospital after his poisoning), he would have disappeared from 2020 at that point (because he went back in time).     So to avoid the "missing from KOC for 4 months" point, he would have to return to 2020 at the exact same point that he left right? (Thanks @Heretorant for clearing this up)

Which means that if he goes back to the point where he left, he would not yet know that:

• Luna stabbed JTE
  • The detectives found LR's hideout, and LR's people made it explode

So, will he change these events as well?

5.   Finally, LR.   Unlike LG, his future self cannot go back to 2020 anymore because his past self killed his future self.    So who is the LG we see in the previews (talking to PM).   

• Like 3

@mrsj3n lol, I backtracked about 12 pages because I kept having to leave then come back. I am giving you this ahead of time:

tenor.gif

;) :lol: (i know I needed it after backtracking so many pages lol)

@Heilo haha ur baddie! I was so glad when LG shot him in the knee but i also said aloud to my phone “next time, aim for a one-shot kill Peyha!” LOL!!

off to sleep I must go or else I might not wake up to join live recaps. And that’s a big NO for me :P goodnight everyone!! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1