[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

6 minutes ago, madmad min said:

OKyzz...If you remember the scene where Lady Noh thought one of the ladies working for her was the SPY , there were few others standing behind her, One of them had the doppleganger in ROK who was the Masked Lady's Roommate.

Who is Masked Lady's Roomate ??? >>>>(The roommate killed the masked lady, JTE was investigating that case and discovered that the Roommate had a 2G phone, the roommate was in contact with LR's henchmen and initially was supposed to be swapped as they had a discussion in Jail, but she hid the phone and LR's henchmen got the phone -line  service cancelled and somehow killed her, which was declared as a suicide).

So the doppleganger (ie roomate in ROK) got killed (Unnatural Death) , DID NOT CROSS OVER , and KOC doppleganger (who works for Lady NOH ) does not get the scar..Hence NO CROSSING+UNNATURAL DEATH= NO SCARS!

I got you now. 

What initially confused me was the fact that you mixed the No crossing part into equation. It's obvious tho with no crossing there is no scars. When I read No crossing-Unnatural death = No Scars it was like reading 0+0=0 and the wording in them confused me but I got you now completely 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 3

47 minutes ago, Heilo said:
1 hour ago, CatWhiskers said:

Can anyone give me some insight into why LG is "falling heads over heels in love" by 2nd episode and declaring her his queen. 

I mean, it has always puzzled me other than he he has known her his "whole" life with the id card, but to jump into love immediately.. It didn't make much sense. Not that it is not swoon-worthy. 

I ask this question back and someone replied that it could be they have met and fall in love in the past and this is like a time loop or something and they with the residual feelings, it just got stir up. But... What if it is not... It is their first time.meeting in this time loop? Any insights? 

I think via his calculations he came to the conclusion that she was his love and it was true or he could have been great grateful to her in the beginning and it turned into love because she was the only woman to reject his advances and thats what triggered him in wanting her

43 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

I think the calculation part is to far fatched while i agree with your second option 

Firstly, I’d like to clarify, he was not head over heels in love with her. He was interested and liked her but maybe not to the level of love. Notice when he pronounced her his queen, he said it so 1) she will have a reason to know his name and 2) he will have a reason to stay. He didn’t declare his love for her and still until this day, has not. He at least knew that she was someone connected to him. Was it love? Was it something else? Either way, the answer lies with her. Unknowingly, he probably liked her because he needed her. I don’t think he calculated it but I do believe he subconsciously felt connected to her because he knew the answer he is looking for requires him to know this girl. Overtime, his liking grew into something more. She’s cute, she’s amusing, she makes him laugh and she was the first to ever ask what kind of king he was. It wasn’t hard to love her when he started off liking her. 

May I offer another explanation? People fall in love and sometimes it’s unexplainable. Especially in korean dramas. I just take it as it is. The reason he liked her is because he did. 

But that being said, I still believe this is not the first timeline. This is most likely an overlapping timeline of the previous one before. The points above are still valid though. He knew she was the answer and knew he was connected to her someway, somehow. He likes her because he does and maybe he doesn’t even know why. Love is unexplainable sometimes. It’s unexplainable because he’d already loved her times before but is not consciously aware of it. 

@Wanderer062287 @Heilo Agree! And that’s why he finds her so amusing. She gets irritated easily and is not afraid to put him in his place. She’s a breath of fresh air. 

I love how he’d often watch her get annoyed by him and just smile because he finds it funny and cute. 

22 minutes ago,  Wanderer062287 said: 

Adding @Heilo's point, the fact that JTE didn't swoon over him when the whole nation would practically throw themselves at him probably made him want her even more.

I don't even think at the proposal scene he's already, as you put it, "head over heels" in love with her. I think for him, it just made sense. That it just fell into place. That it just felt right. And then the love part developed further as the episodes progressed.

You hit the nail on it's head. 

Remember Lee Gon has alot of ego and his proud guy. He was surprised to see him treated that way. She was doing her duty and simply arrested him on first sight and all the other conversation that followed just made him more interested in her. As for the ID card it was just a link in my opiniion

• Like 12
  • Love 2

11 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

I couldn't see any flags or maybe I need to get myself glasses 

LOL you can actually see the flags in the First pic in LMG Official posted on IG itslef.

Ahh I think LG was giving himself a Reason to STAY in ROK for savior, Why JTE being the queen is related to more why Pulse checker savior had JTE's ID only. He wanted to search the Savior, The savior's identity was related to JTE, JTE was in ROK and JTE was amusing to him. Everyone Bows down to HIM and here she is who calls him KIM Gae-Dong.

Now If we were to see a character trajectory of Both JY and LG the Lady they admire the most the ferocious Lady Noh!.She treats them as a person not their mere Titles.

LG found a similar trait in JTE, she is fierce and can call him out on being a King instead of LG as a person. She treated him as a human not a KING.Now LG never fell for her but was attracted to her, attraction lead to Love as simple as that.Also that he declared JTE as a Queen, he only knew His father being monogamous, He declared something it became a defacto rule.

JY had MSA in KOC, he did not fall for her first because she never STOOD UP to him, she was more of a fangirl! , rather he got fascinated with Nari who Scolded Him. JY is still fascinated with Nari , he fell for her or not not neccesary.

The point being both the men will rather fall for a Woman who isn't a fangirl of their status but an equal to their capacity.

• Like 10

25 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

Interesting info about our yellow tree.

The tree looks good but what I like even more is the colored grass with pink it looks natural I have seen these type of colored grass before but on rare places 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

People fall in love and sometimes it’s unexplainable. Especially in korean dramas. I just take it as it is. The reason he liked her is because he did. 

In real life people fall in love and it's unexplainable literally. No one can explain it mostly happens and there is no explaination for it. forget about dramas in real life there is no explaination. I myself have fallen in love couple of times and it was unexplainable attractions

• Like 10
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

7 hours ago, violet.ears said:

Imo, the role of a best friend is to tell them what you think about the difficulties of the relationship but also understand + respect their feelings and decisions and wish the best for them. Not go behind their backs and try to drive a wedge in their relationship by egging someone else to take the girlfriend away. That's low. 

This is why I related JY to a C drama concubine. This is not best friend behaviour. He has crossed the boundary of a friend and a guard when he went behind LG to talk to SJ that way. He has no right to dictate who LG should and shouldn't love. Instead of having LG's best interest in his heart, I think it's his own that he was concerned about. 

SJ was right, JY ought to be shot for what he did. 

@violet.ears Yea that is low, but at the same time I could understand it from JY's perspective. I mean his best friend is not like a normal best friend. LG is like a king to a whole country where the stakes are a lot greater. 

################

6 hours ago, Dramafreak said:

@SweetButters i do like the idea of having a password or something as you suggested. I havent seen parent trap. I am not scientific or rather from the STEM side of things.

as for LG not suspecting anything, i think it is because the drama wants to say that he is caught unaware. He knows Luna is in Korea but not where and he hasnt been warned that Luna made any contact with JTE/her world yet. 

Also, he was expecting to see JTE after work, and I interpreted Luna arriving as LG assuming that JTE is arriving earlier than expected, which she could have for multiple reasons. Not sure if I am explaining it well but that way I thought the drama justified him not suspecting until the first few moments (sips of the drink) were over or done with.

JY is concerned about LG and his being heartbroken but there is also a need to have my best friend to myself (fear of how the relation might change because of a new person). I have seen the range in people around me so I go with both.

But is there no way to share the principle without sharing the proof because we are dealing with large matters-- life and death! Saving the world?

@Dramafreak I dont know though if it was justified that he didn't suspect anything. I mean in that one scene where LG is over at JTE's home, he clearly heard her saying to her dad to not open the door even for people who he knows. I get it with the whole fear of losing a best friend to another person and how it could change the dynamics of your friend. However, at the end of the day you let them make their own decisions and would be there for them if and when the worst would happen. With Lady Noh's secret compared to all the other stuff, I dont think its as a top priority of a secret to share yet. 

################

31 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

~ every teenager logic when trying to  learn a driving 

The king : don’t worry , go practice with expensive sport car 

@Ameera Ali All I could think when I saw ES getting that car was like oh no he's going to drive that very expensive car straight into a wall or another car since ES doesnt like to make turns !!!!:joy:

• Like 3
  • LOL 9

It's his throne room, his flag, KOC flag, and the outfit he's wearing in his bedroom later with JTE and Lady Noh. But it's just wedding CHAIRS, no other décor.  But those are definitely wedding chairs, they're ugly AF and very popular in the late 90s and early 00s.  I would like to speak to the manager of whoever it was that decorated the place.  We've seen other scenes in this room - PM's swearing in, PM's flashbacks as she moved up the ranks, NY speech, LG's own coronation...they have used that SET UP before, but never with chairs like that. 

@Heretorant I can't decide if he's Tom Holland, getting fed spoilers to kill us all, or if he's Mark Ruffalo, accidentally telling everyone that half of the world dies in Infinity War.  All I know is WDH just made it worse hahaha. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 14

Hi all.

This thread moves so quickly that I have not had the chance to to read many of the posts; therefore, I might be repeating something that was already written in a previous post.  If so, please bear with me.  

Again I am working (on break), and have to think and write quickly.

I watched episode 13 and these are my thoughts.

Was Lee Gon was poisoned by Luna?  I think Lee Lim asked Luna to retrieve the other half of the flute.  What she does not know is that JY will be back shortly and save the king.  I do not know if she will be successful in stealing his piece of the flute or not.  (Knowing K-dramas, she might be able to steal his piece of the flute.)  If that happens, I think JTE will be the one to retrieve it because she knows how important it is to saving both universes.  Once the flute pieces have been reunited.  They will be able to travel between the universes safety without any effects.

I  

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

It's his throne room, his flag, KOC flag, and the outfit he's wearing in his bedroom later with JTE and Lady Noh. But it's just wedding CHAIRS, no other décor.  But those are definitely wedding chairs, they're ugly AF and very popular in the late 90s and early 00s.  I would like to speak to the manager of whoever it was that decorated the place.  We've seen other scenes in this room - PM's swearing in, PM's flashbacks as she moved up the ranks, NY speech, LG's own coronation...they have used that SET UP before, but never with chairs like that. 

@Heretorant I can't decide if he's Tom Holland, getting fed spoilers to kill us all, or if he's Mark Ruffalo, accidentally telling everyone that half of the world dies in Infinity War.  All I know is WDH just made it worse hahaha. 

I don't know how the KOC's DECLARE or SHOW OFF the Newly ROYAL-Weds ala William-Kate or something like wherein Secretary Mo announces that meet your Queen after they make it official. A sort of Reception instead of the Real-Wedding can also be held there IMO. 

• Like 4
  • Love 3

Omo! Spoiler from LMH himself!!! :w00t:

i agree with @AgentQuake. Those wedding chairs are ugly :crazy: for a King like LG, the chairs should be more grand, fancy and pretty. I remember those chairs at weddings I have been to before and I always thought that for a wedding, it should look more grand. Even the bars looked much better :lol:

*alright, backtrack mode on*

• Like 3
  • LOL 7

@Ameera Ali All I could think when I saw ES getting that car was like oh no he's going to drive that very expensive car straight into a wall or another car since ES doesnt like to make turns !!!!:joy:

Wall or NaRi :joy:

sometime going straight is useful :joy:

15911208781591120875.gif

15911206771591120670.gif

5ed6947f21862340473818.gif?download

• Like 6
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 2

19 minutes ago, madmad min said:

I don't know how the KOC's DECLARE or SHOW OFF the Newly ROYAL-Weds ala William-Kate or something like wherein Secretary Mo announces that meet your Queen after they make it official. A sort of Reception instead of the Real-Wedding can also be held there IMO. 

@Heretorant will march in front of the King and Queen back down the ugly aisle  - King dressed in his Jacket of Doom, Queen dressed in sweats and converse, as they celebrate the new era in his reign. Jangmi is their flower girl, but instead of flowers, he's tossing kimchi around for them.  JY and SJ stomping behind as angry bridesmaids.  @Heretorant then gives the coronation speech but by the time she's done, King and Queen are already off to do some beheading. 

Lee Ji Hoon then comes out an the LMHoes attack.

@vangsweetie637 and I are swinging from the chandeliers with our bottles of booze, destroying the ugly chairs, while @SweetButters runs to the exhibition center with her magic marker and tags the giant mural of LG and draws...things on his chest.

• Like 1
  • LOL 13

28 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

Yup, agree, don’t like the chairs lol. In fact, I hate them! Lol.

WDH’s response was the cherry on top.

P.. ye.. ha? 

This duo is not slick at all :joy:

I don’t think it’s their wedding day but I do think it’s a glorious day... so yes, happy ending! 

• Like 3
  • LOL 7