[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

45 minutes ago, CatWhiskers said:

Can anyone give me some insight into why LG is "falling heads over heels in love" by 2nd episode and declaring her his queen. 

I mean, it has always puzzled me other than he he has known her his "whole" life with the id card, but to jump into love immediately.. It didn't make much sense. Not that it is not swoon-worthy. 

I ask this question back and someone replied that it could be they have met and fall in love in the past and this is like a time loop or something and they with the residual feelings, it just got stir up. But... What if it is not... It is their first time.meeting in this time loop? Any insights? 

I think via his calculations he came to the conclusion that she was his love and it was true or he could have been great grateful to her in the beginning and it turned into love because she was the only woman to reject his advances and thats what triggered him in wanting her

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

6 minutes ago, Time loop said:

O'Right this was confusing somewhat I gotta admit. 

You didn't highlight the crossing >> no scars options that well but left it open ended 

I myself got confused and edited the UN to N...Below is the clear point. :joy:

NO CROSSING+UNATURAL DEATH=NO SCARS>>>We had the Lady in the mask's roomate and the Lady Noh's palace team lady who never Crossed over but Roomate was Killed by LR's henchman (making it as a suicide), the KOC Palace team lady did not GET the scars, but doppleganger died an unnatural death.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Heilo said:

I think via his calculations he came to the conclusion that she was his love and it was true or he could have been great grateful to her in the beginning and it turned into love because she was the only woman to reject his advances and thats what triggered him in wanting her

I think the calculation part is to far fatched while i agree with your second option 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Yes, KOC and ROK have different flags. 

But the two flags shown in the back of lmh’s Instagram photo is from KOC. One is their national flag and the other is the King’s flag. 

My point of bringing this up is to say it’s not a merging of two worlds happening, in case anyone thought so. Lol. 

I agree with you on both worlds being different but I couldn't see any flags on his latest Instagram post. 

JCNID.jpg?1318992465

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

I honestly think LG already had an image of her in his mind all these years, and because JTE turned out to be better than his image of her, he easily fell for her.  

I do not think he already fell in love with her when he asked her to be the queen, but his feelings quickly developed.  I don't subscribe to love at first sight, but if there is such a thing, what LG felt is probably the closest to love at first sight as you can get.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, AgentQuake said:

Also can I just say I am not impressed with the wedding decor - JTE must have let both Jangmis pick the chairs. Those covers are going to wrinkle so badly.

Now that I think about it, shouldn’t the wedding be held in a church?  His parents got married in a church and he’s a sort of practicing Catholic.  I also think it’s kind of odd they’re getting married in the throne room, unless if they’re just actively trying to really anger PM off, in which case, go for it.

Could it be the Queens inauguration?  

Or an official announcement of the engagement & wedding date?

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2

10 minutes ago, madmad min said:

I myself got confused and edited the UN to N...Below is the clear point. :joy:

NO CROSSING+UNATURAL DEATH=NO SCARS>>>We had the Lady in the mask's roomate and the Lady Noh's palace team lady who never Crossed over but Roomate was Killed by LR's henchman (making it as a suicide), the KOC Palace team lady did not GET the scars, but doppleganger died an unnatural death.

Now it got even more confusing we are going down a rabbit hole here:joy:

Did the palace lady cross over?

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

1 hour ago, CatWhiskers said:

Can anyone give me some insight into why LG is "falling heads over heels in love" by 2nd episode and declaring her his queen.

33 minutes ago, Heilo said:

he could have been great grateful to her in the beginning and it turned into love because she was the only woman to reject his advances and thats what triggered him in wanting her

LG may probably be 'crushing' on this face for 25 years, and with the presumption that he hasn't dated anyone before (based on his interactions with JTE), he has probably been looking and waiting for this woman alone his whole life. Not really "in love" with her, but maybe intrigued, curious, bewildered, to the point that he just needs to meet this person. So when he finally met her, amidst all the scepticism on whether she even exists and with all the pressure on him having to marry someone as the King, he had no doubts this woman is the one destined for him. Adding @Heilo's point, the fact that JTE didn't swoon over him when the whole nation would practically throw themselves at him probably made him want her even more.

I don't even think at the proposal scene he's already, as you put it, "head over heels" in love with her. I think for him, it just made sense. That it just fell into place. That it just felt right. And then the love part developed further as the episodes progressed.

• Like 10
  • Love 2

11 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

I think the calculation part is to far fatched while i agree with your second option 

I know it's far fatched just left it as an option for whatever reason but I agree with the second option. I think he was moved by her when he meet her and interacted with her. She was so independent, didn't recognize him as the king and sort of disrespected him the right ways that got him interested in her

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 1ouise said:

I was thinking about the multiple umbrellas, and I think they are an indicator of time traveling.

They weren't made with parts of the flute, and are not fakes/decoys, but clones that came from LR's time travels.

(So Luna just needs to steal one.  Ha.)

Have thought about this possibility. But I still could not believe that LR would just leave those clones just along the hallway. I would be expecting that the "clones" would be in a more secure location in his house.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, CatWhiskers said:

I mean, it has always puzzled me other than he he has known her his "whole" life with the id card, but to jump into love immediately.. It didn't make much sense. Not that it is not swoon-worthy. 

I ask this question back and someone replied that it could be they have met and fall in love in the past and this is like a time loop or something and they with the residual feelings, it just got stir up. But... What if it is not... It is their first time.meeting in this time loop? Any insights? 

- Hello? Please connect me to security service.
- What's going on?
- Someone's asking awkward questions on the forum.
- Okay, we're sending a team.

:ph34r:

Multiple leads:
- A time loop, but not pure sci-fi. In a sci-fi story, like you say, everything's erased. There's a kind of reminiscence here. So an "unconscious" reflex. The first idea is that these time loops have left an imprint in their psyche (a kind of mysterious thing reminiscent of reincarnation).
- I'm thinking more along the lines of a kind of synchronicity. So here the insconcious reflex is not in the individual memory of the characters. It's rather the architecture of the whole. The time loop is reproduced with the same similarities. The collective unconscious goes beyond the consciousness of the characters.
- It's also quite close to an explanation linked to destiny. Everything that Lee Gon knows (even if it's crazy) is true. The character is perhaps a little too quiet and should seem more confused. On the other hand, he has had years to think about it and prepare for it. Especially since he knows the date when it was going to happen (meeting Tae Eul). He lives everything in a second state of acute altered consciousness. Therefore, there is no restrictive ego control over his words. Is it even less clear? Sorry!
- Fun rule: it makes the scene much more surprising and entertaining. (and I liked it!)
- I too would like to be given other kinds of explanations.

• Like 8
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, Heilo said:

She was so independent, didn't recognize him as the king and sort of disrespected him the right ways that got him interested in her

I absolutely agree with this. I geninuely feel like she moved him somehow. 

@gwin

I Don't think it was love at first sight he seems to cold for that. I think he warmed up to her little by little 

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Wanderer062287 said:

Adding @Heilo's point, the fact that JTE didn't swoon over him when the whole nation would practically throw themselves at him probably made him want her even more.

I don't even think at the proposal scene he's already, as you put it, "head over heels" in love with her. I think for him, it just made sense. That it just fell into place. That it just felt right. And then the love part developed further as the episodes progressed.

You hit the nail on it's head. 

Remember Lee Gon has alot of ego and his proud guy. He was surprised to see him treated that way. She was doing her duty and simply arrested him on first sight and all the other conversation that followed just made him more interested in her. As for the ID card it was just a link in my opiniion

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

Interesting info about our yellow tree.

Oh wow. In the intro this tree was struck by lightning which looked like it permeated down to the tree's roots. Was that the point when the "gods descended from the heavens" because the Manpa-something was broken?

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

35 minutes ago, madmad min said:

1994-1995 Timeline is not correct with respect to LG. LG got coronated within 6 days of His Father's death and for 26 days he had to mourn the date as the First duty after being the KING, it should by your timeline lie in Summer of 94 itself.

@AgentQuake @Elnin Joery,  The 2 flags behind LMH IG blurred running PIC is of KOC Itself. One represents the Kingdom, other one Represents an EVENT wherein the KING HIMSELF is present (in the sea war with JAPAN, the Japanese troops were alerted of KOC King himself being on the COREAN SHIP after they saw the Other flag with flower drawn on it), @Heretorant Is correct in that sense.

I couldn't see any flags or maybe I need to get myself glasses 

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

10 minutes ago, Time loop said:

Now it got even more confusing we are going down a rabbit hole here:joy:

Did the palace lady cross over?

OKyzz...If you remember the scene where Lady Noh thought one of the ladies working for her was the SPY , there were few others standing behind her, One of them had the doppleganger in ROK who was the Masked Lady's Roommate.

Who is Masked Lady's Roomate ??? >>>>(The roommate killed the masked lady, JTE was investigating that case and discovered that the Roommate had a 2G phone, the roommate was in contact with LR's henchmen and initially was supposed to be swapped as they had a discussion in Jail, but she hid the phone and LR's henchmen got the phone -line  service cancelled and somehow killed her, which was declared as a suicide).

So the doppleganger (ie roomate in ROK) got killed (Unnatural Death) , DID NOT CROSS OVER , and KOC doppleganger (who works for Lady NOH ) does not get the scar..Hence NO CROSSING+UNNATURAL DEATH= NO SCARS!

• Like 9