[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

10 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

@SweetButters I DID NOT ASK TO BE REMINDED OF HR WELLS DYING. 

That being said, I do find this show strangely connected to the Arrowverse.  Non Flarrow fans have mentioned JTE being a fixed point/object for LG to travel around, just like Iris is Barry's lightning rod. 

Also - Barry and Eobard are about to have their final s1 fight and Barry goes back in time to save his mother, who was being murdered by Eobard.  Little Barry always knew that somebody saved him as a child, but didn't really know it was himself because at the time, how could he?  His mother was stabbed during that and died.  Barry then goes back in time at the end of s1 to save his mother, but realizes that he can't do that.  Barry 1 saves himself, Barry 2 speaks to his mother when she dies, Barry 3 fights Thawne.  It's actually VERY similar to what we could see.

I also think that the multiverse merge this year was very interesting - did you watch Crisis on Infinite Earths?  I'm intrigued by the doppelgangers killing one another and wrecking the balance in the universe, when in the Arrowverse, they had to SAVE the multiverse by mashing the worlds and merging one of the doppels out of existence.

Sooo...is there a Lee Gon Savitar out there?  I'm sorry, but that would be HOT HOT HOOOOT.

@AgentQuake hahah yea HR Wells dying was sooooo tragic, but hey every season we seem to be getting a new one (although current Wells is not as awesome as previous Wells lol). Oh yea there are so many similarities between TKEM and The Flash ( TKEM should have hired a consultant from The Flash's production team)! Also the whole Barry getting struck by lightning and getting his powers thus beginning his flash adventures is similar to LG hearing lightning before starting on his journey.

Yea with the whole multiverse thing (irl in the field of quantum mechanics there is a theory called "Many Worlds Interpretation" that explores the possibility of there actually being a multiverse), I was wondering if thats where TKEM was heading too. If you remember they were talking about how each universe emits a different frequency (like a closed string from string theory) and Nari had mentioned something similar in that scene between her and JY. Oh yea I watched Crisis on Infinite Earths way too many times, I hope TKEM doesnt do this though because I would hate to see either ES or JY go :cold_sweat:!!! I mean this point, bringing in the concept of a multiverse in TKEM seems a little overboard hahah we literally have too much going on already hahah!! If anything Im thinking that Luna is like Savitar hahahah

• Like 3
  • Love 2

7 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

I went back to look at spoiler picture thinking maybe there will be more than we think. But those chairs..I still have the same thought:

:joy:

I was thinking the same while imagining Morpheus from the matrix meme ''What if I told you - That the spoilers were no spoilers''

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

5 hours ago, CallieP said:

I went to  IMDB and tried so many ways to pull up  top IMDB TV series  S. Korea and could not do it.  Wonder how she found it. However King in IMDB is now 8.7. It started at 8.5. Yay!  

However, I found it finally but doing a search on Google using the exact words above. Strange, it doesn't come up searching on IMDB itself.

Quoting myself, I checked the IMDB top TV series in SK and saw there were 50 including other top dramas like Goblin, DOTs, etc. In the top 50, LMH had 3 others apart from King, they were LOTBS, Heirs and BOF. For King to be # 1 even before the end of the drama is an enormous feat.  I think King would be LMH's greatest drama, overtaking BOF.  Hope it keeps it #1 status for a while. Fingers crossed

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 3

Reposting and updating my theory on this:

Night of Treason - One or Two Saviors?

Savior enters the scene. Note the grayish shade of the sole of the shoes. 

Hide contents

xwHKr8U.gif

He picks up a gun.

Hide contents

LnZncgR.gif

Glass ceiling is shot.

Hide contents

6hOMs9T.gif

Savior enters the room.

Hide contents

Rm0Eegb.gif

Shot glass ceiling triggers the alarm. 

Hide contents

KCEtdiQ.gif

Savior makes his first shot.

Hide contents

a43BG6F.gif

He fires his second shot. Then he runs for cover.

Hide contents

mvxBa0R.gif

Savior takes a guard as body shield. He shoots more.

Hide contents

JVwisiF.gif

Another shot.

Hide contents

Ek5S0Kc.gif

Savior aims and shoots at Lee Rim, but guard takes the bullet for him.

Hide contents

sImapqk.gif

Savior shoots another guard.

Hide contents

mjNq6Kw.gif

He crashes into the glass display, then HIDES behind it.

mhANj4J.gif

At this point, the scene is shot in slow motion. As savior walks, and as young Lee Gon is shown, the background music changes, as if to signify the arrival of young Lee Gon's Savior. This is Savior #2.

Spoiler

CUyXFVL.gif

Savior #2's shoes. Notice the darker shade of the sole of his shoes. 

Hide contents

x6hlCA1.gif

Savior #2 aims and takes a shot at Lee Rim and his guard, but misses.

Hide contents

gJSHh1D.gif

He checks on young Lee Gon's pulse.

Hide contents

mOT3VDM.gif

Young Lee Gon reaches out his hand.

Hide contents

y3FxC52.gif

He then grabs the ID from the Savior. Savior exits.

Hide contents

p3cxA3j.gif

I present three scenarios/theories:

1. Jo Young/Shin Jae as Savior #1; Lee Gon as Savior #2

Based on the gifs above, there are two saviors because:

(a) The first one hid behind the broken glass display. How the scene played out next (slow motion, background music) signifies the entrance of another savior. 

(b) Their shoes are different. Below is the comparison of the sole of their shoes. In Savior #1's shoes (left photo) the toe cap extends down to the sole (see red outline). Whereas in Savior #2's shoes (right photo), there is a clear separation between the toe cap and the sole.

NfACh8x.png

Identity of the Saviors:

Savior #2 is most likely Lee Gon. How the entrance of Savior #2 was played out, add to that the focus on young Lee Gon, gives the eerie feeling that adult Lee Gon is Savior #2. And of course, think City Hunter's silhouette.

Savior #1 is not Tae Eul. When Savior #1 used a guard as body shield, savior would have been a lot shorter in height if that was Tae Eul. So Savior#1 could be someone else - sharpshooter Shin Jae or royal guard captain Jo Young.   

2. Lee Gon as Sole Savior

This was my theory upon first watch of episode 1. Lee Gon is in the best position to save his younger self - "He was fighting with all his might for me." And, yes, Savior has City Hunter's silhouette. 

With regards to Lee Gon's shooting skills, it was just to mislead us. "He was skilled with a gun."

Below is the image of Lee Gon's shoe from episode 13. Its design is similar to the left shoe in the image above. So why two different shoes? Wardrobe failure? :unsure:

RRVTEBI.png

3. Future Lee Gon as Savior #1; Current Lee Gon as Savior #2

I had this theory earlier on future Lee Gon with blue flowers - if future Lee Gon can travel back in time to give flowers to Tae Eul, then he can also travel back to 1994 to save his younger self. Future Lee Gon knows more about the future than current Lee Gon, so he has more reasons to prepare and master his skills on shooting. That makes him Savior #1 who shoots most guards. Then comes Savior #2, current Lee Gon, who shoots but misses, then leans over young Lee Gon to check his pulse. Young Lee Gon grabs the ID hanging from current Lee Gon's pocket, which is the same ID he took from Luna.       

So what about Savior #1's shoes which match current Lee Gon's shoes? Wardrobe failure, too? :unsure: (Or they could switch places :lol:

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 13

11 minutes ago, CallieP said:

Quoting myself, I checked the IMDB top TV series in SK and saw there were 50 including other top dramas like Goblin, DOTs, etc. In the top 50, LMH had 3 others apart from King, they were LOTBS, Heirs and BOF. For King to be # 1 even before the end of the drama is an enormous feat.  I think King would be LMH's greatest drama, overtaking BOF.  Hope it keeps it #1 status for a while. Fingers crossed

I would say the impact, hype and popularity it ranks 3 and enter second soon. BOF being no.1 currently. 

When you look at the world reception it has been very good for him. Netflix would definitely want him on their books. His a needle mover 

• Like 9
  • Awesome 1

8 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

I would say the impact, hype and popularity it ranks 3 and enter second soon. BOF being no.1 currently. 

When you look at the world reception it has been very good for him. Netflix would definitely want him on their books. His a needle mover 

What is  #2 now since King is #3 and BOF #1? Very curious.

• Like 2

Every time we discuss the shooters and LG's shooting ability, I can't stop laughing because that comment I saw on r/kdrama.  Of course Lee Gon is convinced that he was the brilliant shooter who hit everyone, because aside from JTE and the carnival shop owner, who else dares to tell him that he SUCKS?

But I don't know what is meant to be foreshadowing in this show and what is a fake out.  I'm genuinely SHOCKED that there are people who didn't have any inkling that LG was the savior, because ???.  The show didn't even think it was a secret given the number of promo pics and leaked spoilers that had LMH wandering around in that outfit. 

But they've also been very hamfisted on the fact that LG is dreadful at shooting, and SJ is awesome at it.  JY is great at shooting (although both Jo boys are terrible at dodging).  The close up on the shoes repeatedly is also either foreshadowing or a fake out.

But I also wouldn't put it past the show to have LMH shoot the ENTIRE shooter sequence, both saviors 1 and 2, and then have a secret shoot that we didn't see for episode 14.  It was a closed set so we didn't get any spoilers for the first sequence.  They probably shot both episodes for that to save money and time.  It's like when they shoot fake endings so the real ending wouldn't get spoiled.

It is THE pivotal scene of the show, the first one we see, and the massive cliffhanger.  All the other moments pale in comparison to this scene, the original and especially the redo.  Although if you ask me, the beheading was the pivotal moment of the show sooooo

• Like 6

@Heilo @Time loop @AgentQuake But look at the data. 

1. Epi 13 informed us that LG is the saviour who checked out Kid LG. That saviour was the  3rd entrant.  

2, But Epi 13 also informed us that LG was wearing the same get-up & pair of shoes of the 1st & 2nd entrants.

This implies all entrants are LG invalidating the multiple saviour theory.

But why was the 3rd entrant who is supposed to be LG wearing a different pair of shoes vs 1ST or 2ND entrants who were also supposed to be LG as well ? You see where it gets confusing now?

If this is a simple case of wardrobe gaffe, then DANG!

But If it is not a simple case of wardrobe gaffe, then the revelation of LG at epi 13 being the lone saviour is indeed anti-climactic cos anyone familiar with LMH's silhouette knows LG has to be in the rescue ops. However, revealing LG as the saviour this early may mean a bigger plot twist.

Is it possible that all entrants are all LG in different timelines?

* If yes, then that would be a plot twist that would compensate for the early reveal

* if no and it is not a wardrobe gaffe, there must be some scenes not yet revealed to us on the Night of Treason that would may still support the theory multiple saviours.

ps: and now we have ugly chairs for a palace event?! LOL

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

The fans are I believe from Indonesia and they are speaking Bahasa Indonesia which is similar to Bahasa Malaysia. I could get what they were saying. It is cool that they were there during the shooting even with Covid-19. Did they travel there?  They are brave. They got real close to LMH and the others. Could almost touch him. All the females screaming. Cute!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

1. Epi 13 informed us that LG is the saviour who checked out Kid LG. That saviour was the  3rd entrant.  

2, But Epi 13 also informed us that LG was wearing the same get-up & pair of shoes of the 1st & 2nd entrants.

But why was the 3rd entrant who is supposed to be LG wearing a different pair of shoes vs 1ST or 2ND entrants who were also supposed to be LG as well ? You see where it gets confusing now?

If it is not a simple case of wardrobe gaffe, then dang!  And if so, then the revelation of LG at epi 13 is indeed anti-climactic 

My point exactly.  This is THE moment of the show that people have been waiting for, whether they know it or not.  This is the scene that basically sets off the show, and in universe, every character's life.  LG, JTE, JY, SJ, LL, even the freaking PM.  All of their lives were set into motion because of this.  In my opinion, neither LG wearing the shooter outfit or the poison were ever going to be the massive twist.  We been knew that he's the shooter.  We been knew that nothing good will come out of Luna meeting LG.

I think we're getting a massive fake out, they can't "solve" their biggest mystery when there are still 4 hours left.

• Like 4

On 6/2/2020 at 1:54 PM, mychoiyoung said:

If it is not a simple case of wardrobe gaffe, then dang!  And if so, then the revelation of LG at epi 13 is indeed anti-climactic

Time travel means he came back two times.  :ph34r::ph34r:

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, 1ouise said:

Time travel means he came back two times.  :ph34r:

Just shove him in in the time machine over and over and over again until we get a Lee Gon for each LMHoe. 

I want one with the curly bangs that Heo Joon Jae had.  The forehead side swept hair is glorious but I was watching the scene of HJJ flailing on his bed from Lobster yesterday and I MISS HIS CURLY BB HAIR!

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

54 minutes ago, syntyche said:

3. Future Lee Gon as Savior #1; Current Lee Gon as Savior #2

I had this theory earlier on future Lee Gon with blue flowers - if future Lee Gon can travel back in time to give flowers to Tae Eul, then he can also travel back to 1994 to save his younger self. Future Lee Gon knows more about the future than current Lee Gon, so he had more reasons to prepare and master his skills on shooting. That makes him Savior #1 who shoots most henchmen. Then comes Savior #2, current Lee Gon, who shoots but misses, then leans over young Lee Gon to check his pulse. Young Lee Gon grabs the ID hanging from current Lee Gon's pocket, which is the same ID he took from Luna.       

So what about Savior #1's shoes which match current Lee Gon's shoes? Wardrobe failure, too? :unsure: (Or they could switch places :lol:

That was a detailed post I most admit but after seeing the body figure of saviour #1 I lean now more towards double Lee Gon's being present and perhaps a 3rd will join them soon once this LG travels back in time or it will just remain 2 LG's but I beginning to become certain of 2 LG's being present. 

What convinced me was the gif where Saviour 1# went down to the take the gun from the downed palace guard I am certain that is LG body figure 

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, mychoiyoung said:

If it is not a simple case of wardrobe gaffe, then DANG!  And if so, then the revelation of LG at epi 13 being the lone saviour is indeed anti-climactic cos anyone familiar with LMH's silhouette knows LG has to be in the rescue ops.

ps: and now we have ugly chairs for a palace event?! LOL

I see it as somewhat puzzle that can get solved if we look at it enough. 

- I agree the shoes could be different or maybe it's the same shoes but the camera angle is from different places hence making the shoes appear different. 

-  There is possibility of multiple LG's being present and the same goes to JY being also present and I would even go as far and say we could perhpas even see double LG and double JY present there 

• Like 2
  • Love 1