[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

35 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

which is why a season 2 is probably a must and not only season 2 but followed by a couple more seasons 

I don't think that season 2 is must but KES should capitalize on this drama and probably her finest hour. TKEM is probably this years biggest foreign hit outside of Money Heist and it has consistently been topping the charts since it's premier on april 17th. It has gained a solid viewer-base and that is enough for KES to continue this series as far as she can take it. Netflix usually follows a basic policy prolonging shows that are fan-favourite as long as possible. She can write her scripts thinking about the far-future. I could see her doing probably 3 more seasons. Budget will be available and audience will eat KES' newly baked TKEM cake all day long. As for the actors-actresses involved I think they would want to return. I think we will get a 2nd season announcement few months post the series finale 

• Like 12
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

21 minutes ago, Wis dom said:

She can write her scripts thinking about the far-future. I could see her doing probably 3 more seasons. Budget will be available and audience will eat KES' newly baked TKEM cake all day long. As for the actors-actresses involved I think they would want to return. I think we will get a 2nd season announcement few months post the series finale 

This but I wouldn't want them to drop all episodes at once instead 2 episodes per week or just 1 episode per week of 8-10 episodes. 

The world building is good and so is the premise I would like to see the main characters exploring a dystopia version world that has already experienced WW3 on it's second season

• Like 11

6 hours ago, syntyche said:

. Future Lee Gon as Savior #1; Current Lee Gon as Savior #2

I had this theory earlier on future Lee Gon with blue flowers - if future Lee Gon can travel back in time to give flowers to Tae Eul, then he can also travel back to 1994 to save his younger self. Future Lee Gon knows more about the future than current Lee Gon, so he had more reasons to prepare and master his skills on shooting. That makes him Savior #1 who shoots most henchmen. Then comes Savior #2, current Lee Gon, who shoots but misses, then leans over young Lee Gon to check his pulse. Young Lee Gon grabs the ID hanging from current Lee Gon's pocket, which is the same ID he took from Luna.       

So what about Savior #1's shoes which match current Lee Gon's shoes? Wardrobe failure, too? :unsure: (Or they could switch places :lol:)

I vote for theory number 3. Why don’t I? Cause if present LR could meet his future one (not his double) why not LG? He will meet his future during his travel back to save child LG.

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

22 minutes ago, Wis dom said:

I don't think that season 2 is must but KES should capitalize on this drama and probably her finest hour. TKEM is probably this years biggest foreign hit outside of Money Heist and it has consistently been topping the charts since it's premier on april 17th. It has gained a solid viewer-base and that is enough for KES to continue this series as far as she can take it. Netflix usually follows a basic policy prolonging shows that are fan-favourite as long as possible. She can write her scripts thinking about the far-future. I could see her doing probably 3 more seasons. Budget will be available and audience will eat KES' newly baked TKEM cake all day long. As for the actors-actresses involved I think they would want to return. I think we will get a 2nd season announcement few months post the series finale 

Spoiler

Everyone praise Kingdom always, but I checked Kingdom's Netflix Yearly Ranking #107 really sensation is everything 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, x2020 said:

My math mistake on that maybe because he said he is 70 , and he was born on 1951. 

This drama first shoot was in 2019, so it was true when LR said or SJ said he was 70 in Korean age when the scene background was 2020.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Heilo said:

This but I wouldn't want them to drop all episodes at once instead 2 episodes per week or just 1 episode per week of 8-10 episodes. 

The world building is good and so is the premise I would like to see the main characters exploring a dystopia version world that has already experienced WW3 on it's second season

I would welcome that wholeheartedly

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Everyone praise Kingdom always, but I checked Kingdom's Netflix Yearly Ranking #107 really sensation is everything 

It has significiantly smaller viewer-base but it's only targetted for a specific audience that dosen't overlap with TKEM general audience. Mostly for horror and zombie genre fans. It is a cult and specific group consuming it. As long that group is satisfied it will continue until they leave it  

• Like 8

Awww!! Maximus is in an MV now too!! :wub::wub:

——

omo..so the phone booth was actually in episode 1? Whoa. Totally didn’t remember that. I think this may be how he travels to the past to help himself. 

Aye, I cannot think anymore :lol: 

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

8 hours ago, Carmarie said:

Hi all.

This thread moves so quickly that I have not had the chance to to read many of the posts; therefore, I might be repeating something that was already written in a previous post.  If so, please bear with me.  

Again I am working (on break), and have to think and write quickly.

I watched episode 13 and these are my thoughts.

Was Lee Gon was poisoned by Luna?  I think Lee Lim asked Luna to retrieve the other half of the flute.  What she does not know is that JY will be back shortly and save the king.  I do not know if she will be successful in stealing his piece of the flute or not.  (Knowing K-dramas, she might be able to steal his piece of the flute.)  If that happens, I think JTE will be the one to retrieve it because she knows how important it is to saving both universes.  Once the flute pieces have been reunited.  They will be able to travel between the universes safety without any effects.

I  

@Carmarie.. you are not alone :joy: this thread moved so fast daily that i cant hardly follow.

Yes, LG was poisoned by Luna and I think this is just a warning to Lee Gon. LR knows that LG will never carry the flute with him but is stash away somewhere in the palace under the good hands of Lady Noh ( correct me if i am wrong).

I have the same thoughts as you, that JTE will manage to retrieve the other half of the flute from LR but will be a bloody flight.

@vangsweetie637 am i right ?  :blush: morning to me and good evening to you. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

Haha. I was gonna ask the same thing a minute ago 

I just checked.  It's the same newspaper that LR was looking at when we first see him Korea (when he encountered his brother's doppelganger at the newspaper stand)

So it looks like 

Spoiler

LG will go back to that point in time, and try to prevent LR from killing his own doppelganger, Lee-Ho's doppelganger and Ji-Hun?

EDIT:   I thought that was a new photo.  It's the screenshot from Episode 1.  But it makes sense though.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1