Quantcast

welcome to the re-watch  

9 members have voted

1. 1. How many times have you watched TKEM?

• This is my first time after TKEM ended in June
    • I watched it once or twice after TKEM ended
    • Too many times to count!
    • I just re-watched clips and MVs - too lazy to watch the series again
    • This is my first (gasp!) time watching TKEM-welcome!
  2. 2. Be honest--who did you think was the masked man who saved little Lee Gon?

• no question-adult LG
    • JTE
    • Jo Young
    • Noh Ok Nam
    • Lee Ji hun
    • Luna
    • Jo Eun seob
    • Kang Shin Jae
    • Gu Seo Ryung
    • Other (explain in post)
  3. 3. Are you excited to meet Maximus again? (the horse)

• Yes! how often do we get a kdrama with a beautiful horse?!
    • Ummm, not really - I mean it is a horse, not Lee Min Ho! :P
    • Wait, there is a horse that is a character in this drama -- was this drama inspired by (cartoon) Tangled?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 04/18/2021 at 10:38 AM

8 minutes ago, x2020 said:
9 hours ago, gwin said:

@x2020 the interrogation in the first scene happened in 2020, not 2021

My math mistake on that maybe because he said he is 70 , and he was born on 1951. 

It’s understandable. It’s because Korean age is different. They are 1 the day they are born and turn the next year on New Year’s Day. Korean age is always 1 or 2 years older than western age. I’m still confused why they go by this age system lol. 

• Like 4
  • Replies 20.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey Monarchs! I would like to thank you all for visiting, posting, liking, and lurking on this thread. "The King" has been quite a ride for all of us. Kudos to us for sticking with the drama until the

This thread will probably stay sleepless for a few more weeks....  however it's time for me to say a few words of appreciation to everyone who are here no matter if you were here since episode 1 or ju

This is the episode I've been waiting for in regards to SJ.  I don't even like him all that much - so I'm not sure why I'm so invested.    But he's been dealt the worst hand in this entire s

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Heilo said:

In real life people fall in love and it's unexplainable literally. No one can explain it mostly happens and there is no explaination for it. forget about dramas in real life there is no explaination. I myself have fallen in love couple of times and it was unexplainable attractions

I am with you. Falling is love is something unexplainable and there is no SOP on how and when we should fall in love. It will different for everyone. There some people fall in love at a 1st sight , some need time to ensure their heart and some happen naturally. 

For myself + lurv, we once tried to figure out when actually we start to fall in love but we are unable to conclude the when because it is really comes naturally. The Saranghae maybe can be indicator for confirmation , but we agree that we have the love feeling before we even say the Saranghae to each other. Hahahaha :D

• Like 9
12 minutes ago, YongZura⁷ said:

This drama is still going on .. but someone has already foreseen a spin-off of it...  

Credit to the owner

It could technically split up into 3 dramas and have 3 spin-offs 

- Political drama with PM KOO and her rivals 

- Police Unit drama with JTE, SJ, Jangmi, the 2 seniors of the unit and her colleges 

- Lee Gon, JY, Lady Nuh and their struggles in the kingdom with Lee Lim

One of the reasons we were saying all along the drama premise is very vast with possible 3-4 major arc's colluding which is why a season 2 is probably a must and not only season 2 but followed by a couple more seasons 

• Like 7
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Geolyvseven said:

These pictures are funny! MH being goofy as always 

@Geolyvseven MH not always being goofy, i can see he looks differently when he interacts with KGE compared with other actresses. At least he looks caution and his approach is more like a man to woman.  :blush: When comparing the interaction with Park Shin Hye , he treats her more like a brother to sister, Park Min Young treats her more like a gentlemen to lady, and Suzy, of course his ex-girlfriend but i don't dare to comment too much here. Somehow, LMH and KGE not only look good on screen, but the interaction between them on much higher scale which encourage viewers to support them being together.   :heart:

• Like 11

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20200603

The scene of the 'emerald emergency call' faced by "The King" Lee Min-ho contemplated and foreshadowed an epic narrative.

SBS' Friday-Saturday drama "The King-Eternal Monarch" (written by Kim Eun-sook/directed by Baek Sang-hoon, produced by Jung Ji-hyun/produced by Hwa & Dam Pictures) is a fantasy romance about a parallel world through cooperation between Lee Gon, the emperor of the Korean Empire, and Jeong Tae Eul, a detective of the Republic of Korea, who are trying to protect the lives, people and love of others.

In the 13th episode, Lee Gon (Lee Min-ho) found that the duration of time stops that occur due to the crossing over to the parallel world through the dimensional door continued to increase. After finding out that the time stops are due to the Manpasikjeok cut in half, he planned to return to the night of treason 25 years ago to prevent Lee Rim (Lee Jung-jin) from getting his hands on half of the Manpasikjeok. However, before moving back to the Korean Empire, Lee Gon was attacked by Luna (Kim Go-eun), who had Jung Tae-eul's face, and as he saw himself wearing black clothes while holding her ID card, he lost his mind and collapsed as soon as he realized that it was him who saved his 8-year-old self that the night of treason.

In connection with this, Lee Gon is in danger of being thrown into the fate of the catastrophe once again, and the red alarm is triggering the tension. He stands in a space of mystery while wearing his own outfit in the future when he saves young Lee Gon. While running, he stops with a puzzled look on his face, finds an emerald public phone booth and a mysterious newspaper, and makes a big shocked look as if he is speechless. As he makes a phone call on the public phone, he has an icy gaze and disastrous expression, causing an atmosphere of anxiety. Attention is focusing on who he attempted to make an emergency call to and whether he would be able to track and stop the night of treason.

The scene of "Emerald's Emergency Call," played by Lee Min-ho, was filmed in a forest located in Jung-gu, Ulsan in mid-May. Lee Min-ho continued to run and run in the forest, as it was a scene where he sensed that something was going wrong. Lee Min-ho, who was wearing a hat and all-black outfit in early summer, caused a good impression with his warm heart, as he shares his own fan with the staff to ease the heat of the weather.

"Lee Min-ho expressed the feelings of Emperor Lee Gon, who is soaring into the climax with his delicate expression of emotion" the production company Hwa & Dam Pictures said. "In the 14th episode of 'The King,' a more interesting story unfolds with Lee Gon's full-fledged struggle to run to the night of treason."

http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=202006030838115020433_1

• Like 12
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 4
35 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

which is why a season 2 is probably a must and not only season 2 but followed by a couple more seasons 

I don't think that season 2 is must but KES should capitalize on this drama and probably her finest hour. TKEM is probably this years biggest foreign hit outside of Money Heist and it has consistently been topping the charts since it's premier on april 17th. It has gained a solid viewer-base and that is enough for KES to continue this series as far as she can take it. Netflix usually follows a basic policy prolonging shows that are fan-favourite as long as possible. She can write her scripts thinking about the far-future. I could see her doing probably 3 more seasons. Budget will be available and audience will eat KES' newly baked TKEM cake all day long. As for the actors-actresses involved I think they would want to return. I think we will get a 2nd season announcement few months post the series finale 

• Like 12
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

@syntyche You give a clear and good explanation. Now i understand why you all keep saying there are two saviors at the night of treason. I rewatch the scenes could not find anything...hahhaha. Appreciate all your hard works.. :kiss_wink: Thank you, chingus

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, Wis dom said:

She can write her scripts thinking about the far-future. I could see her doing probably 3 more seasons. Budget will be available and audience will eat KES' newly baked TKEM cake all day long. As for the actors-actresses involved I think they would want to return. I think we will get a 2nd season announcement few months post the series finale 

This but I wouldn't want them to drop all episodes at once instead 2 episodes per week or just 1 episode per week of 8-10 episodes. 

The world building is good and so is the premise I would like to see the main characters exploring a dystopia version world that has already experienced WW3 on it's second season

• Like 11
6 hours ago, syntyche said:

. Future Lee Gon as Savior #1; Current Lee Gon as Savior #2

I had this theory earlier on future Lee Gon with blue flowers - if future Lee Gon can travel back in time to give flowers to Tae Eul, then he can also travel back to 1994 to save his younger self. Future Lee Gon knows more about the future than current Lee Gon, so he had more reasons to prepare and master his skills on shooting. That makes him Savior #1 who shoots most henchmen. Then comes Savior #2, current Lee Gon, who shoots but misses, then leans over young Lee Gon to check his pulse. Young Lee Gon grabs the ID hanging from current Lee Gon's pocket, which is the same ID he took from Luna.       

So what about Savior #1's shoes which match current Lee Gon's shoes? Wardrobe failure, too? :unsure: (Or they could switch places :lol:)

I vote for theory number 3. Why don’t I? Cause if present LR could meet his future one (not his double) why not LG? He will meet his future during his travel back to save child LG.

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1
22 minutes ago, Wis dom said:

I don't think that season 2 is must but KES should capitalize on this drama and probably her finest hour. TKEM is probably this years biggest foreign hit outside of Money Heist and it has consistently been topping the charts since it's premier on april 17th. It has gained a solid viewer-base and that is enough for KES to continue this series as far as she can take it. Netflix usually follows a basic policy prolonging shows that are fan-favourite as long as possible. She can write her scripts thinking about the far-future. I could see her doing probably 3 more seasons. Budget will be available and audience will eat KES' newly baked TKEM cake all day long. As for the actors-actresses involved I think they would want to return. I think we will get a 2nd season announcement few months post the series finale 

Spoiler

Everyone praise Kingdom always, but I checked Kingdom's Netflix Yearly Ranking #107 really sensation is everything 

• Like 8
1 hour ago, x2020 said:

My math mistake on that maybe because he said he is 70 , and he was born on 1951. 

This drama first shoot was in 2019, so it was true when LR said or SJ said he was 70 in Korean age when the scene background was 2020.

• Like 5
24 minutes ago, Heilo said:

This but I wouldn't want them to drop all episodes at once instead 2 episodes per week or just 1 episode per week of 8-10 episodes. 

The world building is good and so is the premise I would like to see the main characters exploring a dystopia version world that has already experienced WW3 on it's second season

I would welcome that wholeheartedly

• Like 6
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주