[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

44 minutes ago, Time loop said:

I know fiction is fiction but if it disappeared like the world of oz it would be to far fatched because the Mon Corea world is strongly ethblished. Also two multi-verse worlds can't merge unless you open the gates for both where people can enter and exit both worlds at free will which I doubt both worlds would be happy with that or agree to it 

I'm not saying this is how it is, just that there are many possibilities.

The Land of Oz was well established, but also imaginary.

The suggestion isn't that two worlds merge (or coexist) using a gate, but that there would be only one world.

Everything which was split returns back to one.

Perhaps the doubles are all manifestations of personalities which have split.

Maybe their personalities will merge back into their one self.

We just wait and see what KES has for us.

• Like 9

37 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

They did one thing right this week: made sure to keep TKEM in people’s mind by promoting everyday with bts/stills. They did one thing wrong: releasing the photos of LG with JTE which is major spoilers because now we know she’s safe. Whatever happened in the previews of episode 10 effects us less because we know what happens after. They should have released stills of JTE in the streets instead. That way, it keeps the anticipation going.

We can all agree the crew can learn a thing or two from us lol. 

Still excited regardless and I believe this is just the calm before the storm. Actually, they could be tricking us here. A second proposal sounds too good to be true, especially one this early! That can only mean tragedy is ahead of the road. 

@Heretorant Everything you said in this post. They should not release still of LG and JTE, it takes away the suspense of the last preview. The Luna stills is good, the one where JTW saw the PM dopplegangers good. 

Anyway, we have 6 more episodes on our selves, Please please please make it coherent.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

32 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

@mrsj3n couldn’t have said it better! 

Nothing is more fun than understanding absolutely nothing :lol::lol::lol: 

I love your optimism :D 

I think writer Kim will give us a happy ending. I just don’t know how yet. 

Aq4vRrW.gif

I actually recalled another favourite drama of mine called W, Two Worlds.

I cried buckets when I thought it's over between the 2 main lead as W, the comic has been concluded and cried at how impossible they will be together.

Who knows? 

In TKEM, LG successfully closed the gate and he has the power to travel to and fro without the flute and so can JTE as long as she is with him.

Nobody else needs to know the existence of the other world so long nobody can access to the obelisk.

But of course. If the writer is really going for the sad story line.. then I'm gonna be so so sad and add this to my list of another bad ending drama! :joy:

27 minutes ago, balletgoddess said:

I've been wondering, why is Lee Rim/Lim keeping Lee Gon's mother's doppelganger in RoK alive? Blackmail?

Thanks you the spoiler pics guys. It made my heart happy to see JTE isn't going to die in the upcoming episode.

1) We are still wondering too. Lol

2) You and me both! :grimace:

Goodnight everyone..... time to report to sleep.

*yawn*

• Like 5
  • LOL 5

25 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

With all the doom & gloom on the part of JTE, I just realized she hasn't tied her hair up in anger in several episodes .... we're long overdue for an epic hair tie scene :lol:

the Doom and gloom was a legit concern especially on my nerves. I didn't notice that JTE was stabbed from the teaser first time I saw it then I went panic mode thinking oh damn wth.

JTE!! NOOOOOOOOO! 

source.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

1 hour ago, 1ouise said:

Too funny!  :lol:  Parallel worlds are fiction, so anything goes. 

I get it, though, we want some kind of logic, even before logistics.

I could imagine that one world could disappear Wizard of Oz style, for example. 

I'm not sayin' we would be happy about it.

It happened in the Arrowverse this year, they merged Supergirl’s Earth and Black Lightning’s with the Flash/Arrow Earth.  

Basically, out of the 3 versions that existed previously on each Earth, one survived and it was mysteriously the person who we’ve been following, so Supergirl’s sister Alex survived over poor meek security guard Alex.  Sooooo...2/3 of the population just died.  

They have chosen to conveniently ignore it ever happened. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

zdo82j8s7fgl.jpg

=======

LeeMinho spotted at the filming site of #TheKingEternalMonarch

cr 1.yesilve

Spoiler

gtxr9xarsgj6.jpg

======

Lee Min Ho Cooks For Kim Go Eun While Trouble Brews Elsewhere In “The King: Eternal Monarch”

May 21, 2020
by L. Kim

SBS’s “The King: Eternal Monarch” has shared new stills of Lee Min Ho, Kim Go Eun, and Lee Jung Jin!

“The King: Eternal Monarch” tells the story of parallel universes, one in which Korea is a constitutional monarchy and one in which Korea is a modern-day republic. Lee Min Ho stars as Emperor Lee Gon, and Kim Go Eun stars as Detective Jung Tae Eul in the “regular” world and a mysterious criminal named Luna in Lee Gon’s universe. Lee Jung Jin portrays Lee Rim, Lee Gon’s evil uncle.

In the latest stills, Lee Gon wears a military uniform as he prepares a meal for Jung Tae Eul. In one photo, he is washing rice, and she watches him in surprise. Lee Gon sets the table with a simple yet delicious meal for her, and he watches her with adoration as she enjoys his thoughtful gift. He chats non-stop with her, and she replies back in blunt but loving ways. Will their sweet romance be able to continue with all the chaos about to happen?

Spoiler

lee-min-ho6.jpg

kim-go-eun.jpg

lee-min-ho-kim-go-eun-21.jpg

Contrary to the romantic first set of stills, the second set of stills show trouble brewing.

Lee Rim, who found out about Luna’s existence in the last episode, abducts her and binds her with ropes so that she can’t run away. Luna glares murderously at him, while Lee Rim gazes down at her with fascination over her looking extremely identical to Jung Tae Eul. Questions are mounting over why Lee Rim kidnapped Luna, and whether the two will join forces to become a new team of villains.

Spoiler

lee-jung-jae-kim-go-eun.jpg

The production company Hwa and Dam Pictures asked viewers to look forward to both Lee Gon and Jung Tae Eul’s sweet romance and Lee Rim and Luna’s tense clash.

Episode 11 of “The King: Eternal Monarch” will air on May 22 at 10 p.m. KST.

Sources (1) (2)

• Like 10
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 5

26 minutes ago, 1ouise said:

The suggestion isn't that two worlds merge (or coexist) using a gate, but that there would be only one world.

@Time loop In literature, doppelgangers are used to represent the other self... and for example, in Edgar Poe's story with a doppelganger, the man kills the doppelganger but he dies the same way he killed his doppelganger. Since they represent the opposite of each other (funny-serious for JY/ES aso)... this would explain why the child with the yo-yo is fighting against Lee Rim's plan.

@vangsweetie637 @mrsj3n @2handsintertwined @ktcjdrama@Dramafreak @YongZura⁷@imels @mamabear @syntyche @Edgar Pordwed @Guyangi_Dalpeongi

image.png

The scar on his face could be a huge clue about Lee Rim's possible future. This taking is quite interesting because I couldn't help myself thinking about the novel "Dorian Gray" written by Oscar Wilde. The most important thing in this story is that the main protagonist remains young and beautiful, while he becomes more and more immoral: at the end, he even becomes a murderer. All his sins are revealed in the painting his friend made for him. Dorian gray had expressed the wish to remain forever young and let the painting take all his aging which came true. Now, you can understand why I am connecting Dorian Gray with Lee Rim. 

The latter is a sinner as he commits many crimes but his "immorality" and "evilness" is not perceived as he doesn't age. Yet the burning scar appears on his face turning him into a monster... in this moment his sins are somehow revealed. Maybe the story doesn't end with Lee Rim's arrest but he is punished by the gods and his "evilness" is revealed, when the ugliness appears revealing all his sins which leads to his death. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 4

33 minutes ago, scrawford said:

@Heretorant Im really torn with the ending, I believe LG will find beautiful Solution that will make it possible for them to be together. @syntyche wrote a theory yesterday about how it could be solve mathematically, and i have my hopes high, But....like you said, closing the gate and putting everything back to its place and restoring everything seems to be the most makes sense ending and that Means LG and JTE has to stay in their own worlds. That's why i really stop speculating, because im torn and my brain is starting shut down. im just gonna hope and wish for more romantics moments that's not anti climatic for our OTP.

This was me at the beginning:

giphy.gif

Me as time went on:

AdoredUnawareAmericangoldfinch-size_rest

Me now:

giphy.gif

Spoiler

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a452e1e501f575b11da

I’m allowing the show to take its course and like you, hoping it includes a lot of romantic scenes, possibly bed scenes :lol:

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 3
  • LOL 13

@Time loop I am from the west coast. I usually stay on this thread until 12 or 1 am then sleep if I can lol.

@mrsj3n since they decide to physically show us doppelgänger PM, i am expecting it either serve us a purpose or help clear up an arc for us. Otherwise, i am afraid things may start to drag and be rushed :crazy: And we may not even need PM doppelgänger...

——

guys, now we still have bts and stills to help us figure out what can possibly be happening. Imagine when the ending gets closer and previews/stills are only released one day before episode airs.:dizzy:

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

It happened in the Arrowverse this year, they merged Supergirl’s Earth and Black Lightning’s with the Flash/Arrow Earth.  

Basically, out of the 3 versions that existed previously on each Earth, one survived and it was mysteriously the person who we’ve been following, so Supergirl’s sister Alex survived over poor meek security guard Alex.  Sooooo...2/3 of the population just died.  

They have chosen to conveniently ignore it ever happened. 

That is one hell'va confusion how did they even manage to pull that off and how did the fans react to that? It sounds like a mess I originally stopped following the show and the only reason I was watching was due to Tyler Hoechlin being cast as superman as I typically followed him from Teen Wolf. :joy: Teen Wolf was so good then I arrived to Supergirl I couldn't stay around even for Tyler Hoechlin

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

5 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

LMH this time started in Latin America Hallyu Wave:lol: but BOF what a drama it still draws new people:thumbsup: I want to rise LOTBS too , it isn't Netflix? I read last year there is but still there?

No LOTBS was never on Netflix

@mychoiyoung LOBTS is in Netflix PH, as with Heirs.  I was not able to catch City Hunter in Netflix.  The director of CH is also the director of LOBTS. He said he will only do CH 2 with LMH.  The ball is in LMH's court.  I sure hope he considers this for his succeeding projects. Imagine a mature Lee Yoon-sung

Wow, I just checked and LOTBS is definitely on on Netflix US. LMH said he would do City Hunter then in the interview you sent me. Has he changed his mind since then?:(

@HeretorantAre you talking about when he landed in LAX 2013? Boy am I embarrassed to admit I was apart of that crowd. Fans were pushing everywhere. I felt sorry for the way we acted that day. Maybe he felt scared but he didn’t make it obvious. He was actually giggling and told his manager to not worry. Yes, in person, he definitely has an aura of shyness. I was surprised at the way he carried himself. My impression of him, he’s quite shy and humble. 

Yes, exactly.. All the fans blocked my view and I could not see him giggle or talk to manager d*amn. That would have been cute but I did see him respond to the Saranghe. I was there to see the Toyota promotion since I won the contest.  I stayed with a friend there and she suggested going to the airport. Went to a LMHworld thing and won some nice LMH stuff. My favorite is a memory stick in the shape of Choi Young. Really cool.

@KeikokokoYou said that NYTimes recommended CLOY?  Wow! I tried a google search but could not find it. Did they recommend King? What made you decide to pick King?  Just curious.

@scrawford You mentioned you were pulled in by LMH to start Asian dramas last year. Which drama was it that pulled you in?

I liked the Prime Minister on Jenga. I thought she was nice.  

• Like 6

So many people posting LMH perfection! I'm just going to call him His Majesty! I see that one of us posted Lee Gon is cooking for Tae Eul in a uniform! It's too much! I can't take his beauty! His perfection! Where have I been? :bawling:

@balletgoddess And thank you. I believe you posted a video of fans swooning to LMH! I'm swooning too!

Oh I'm going to repost this: 

6f008a6b568a051fcc61c47f68657c058814e6c1.gifv

credit to @Jemrie

Help! Please! His smile! :o

Me right now:

Falling Off Chair GIFs | Tenor

"Help! LMH!!!"

Edit: Just ignore. I'm going back to backreading. :D

Edit: Mods please don't get me! :ph34r:

Edit: @bebebisous33 Thanks for explaining more about the doppelganger. I was going to ask. But you answered my question. I was also going to ask about the scar on Lee Lim's cheek. I believe we saw it when he passed by yo-yo boy( I meant to say yo-yo girl!). I think His Majesty has one on back too. And you connected Dorian Gray to Lee Lim! I think you're so smart! I never thought about the book and Lee Lim! I haven't read The Picture of Dorian Gray in so long so I never thought about Lee Lim! Can I say you're perfect? :wub:

Edited by 2handsintertwined
:)
  • Like 2
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, 1ouise said:

Ok ok. This is getting more confusing. The land of oz was imaginery as you put it but in this world both worlds are not imaginery but real. The approach can only be science based and logic destroying all chances of over the top alteration. This two worlds can't be joined the only solution is to lock the portal between them. We can't just mash together two world with different history's and even on the personal level because you have people with different storylines and everything else but unless we completely wipe out one of the worlds which means making it to simply die out of existence not viable option either or both worlds go to war with each other and eliminate each other. 

But having one world to just disappear puff! like The land of Oz is simply unrealistic as it can get and this is not disney pre-renaissance era where everything is fairytale based where a world can just cease to exist because it was imaginery to begin with

• Like 2
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Elnin Joery said:

LOTBS is on Netflix but only in 8 countries Singapore, India, Japan, Austrlia remain the big one but it's not on other libraries which means its losing out on viewers but I think it's due to Viki becasue they have the rights to LOTBS in all other areas such the EU, North America and other asian markets 

You are right. It is on Viki in the US

• Like 5
  • Love 1

51 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@Time loop In literature, doppelgangers are used to represent the other self... and for example, in Edgar Poe's story with a doppelganger, the man kills the doppelganger but he dies the same way he killed his doppelganger. Since they represent the opposite of each other (funny-serious for JY/ES aso)... this would explain why the child with the yo-yo is fighting against Lee Rim's plan.

@vangsweetie637 @mrsj3n @2handsintertwined @ktcjdrama@Dramafreak @YongZura⁷@imels @mamabear @syntyche @Edgar Pordwed @Guyangi_Dalpeongi

The scar on his face could be a huge clue about Lee Rim's possible future. This taking is quite interesting because I couldn't help myself thinking about the novel "Dorian Gray" written by Oscar Wilde. The most important thing in this story is that the main protagonist remains young and beautiful, while he becomes more and more immoral: at the end, he even becomes a murderer. All his sins are revealed in the painting his friend made for him. Dorian gray had expressed the wish to remain forever young and let the painting take all his aging which came true. Now, you can understand why I am connecting Dorian Gray with Lee Rim. 

The latter is a sinner as he commits many crimes but his "immorality" and "evilness" is not perceived as he doesn't age. Yet the burning scar appears on his face turning him into a monster... in this moment his sins are somehow revealed. Maybe the story doesn't end with Lee Rim's arrest but he is punished by the gods and his "evilness" is revealed, when the ugliness appears revealing all his sins which leads to his death. 

So glad you mentioned Dorian Gray. It's my favorite book. It's also interesting that LG who also has similar markings have different colored markings. If the ending is similar to Dorian Gray I guess we may see LR getting old and die as all his sins caught up to him and embody on his appearance. :D

Another thing to note is that LR wishes to be god but the actions he committed clearly eludes to him as the devil or Lucifer in a sense. I like your analysis on how LR created hell on the mortal realm and comparing the artificial with the natural. It also falls back on science how some people believe cloning is morally in the gray area... but I digress. As for LR I don't even want to go into how one dimensional his wish is. What does he wish to achieve as god anyways? :sweatingbullets:  

I just think the concept of right and wrong is interesting. Also what does it take to be a god? Luna is said to later on treat LR as god but in that case to some people even the devil can be god. 

@Heretorant All your gifs basically showed the sequence of how I've been approaching this drama. I felt like I was more into analyzing TKEM at the beginning but since we've reached passed the half way mark I think KES had already placed most of her clues in the earlier episodes and now she's just getting to link them all together. I'll just sit back and watch as how she weaves all the clues she scattered together. I'm more focused on our MinEun ship atm. :wub:

• Like 3
  • Love 5

8 minutes ago, CallieP said:

@HeretorantAre you talking about when he landed in LAX 2013? Boy am I embarrassed to admit I was apart of that crowd. Fans were pushing everywhere. I felt sorry for the way we acted that day. Maybe he felt scared but he didn’t make it obvious. He was actually giggling and told his manager to not worry. Yes, in person, he definitely has an aura of shyness. I was surprised at the way he carried himself. My impression of him, he’s quite shy and humble. 

Yes, exactly.. All the fans blocked my view and I could not see him giggle or talk to manager d*amn. That would have been cute but I did see him respond to the Saranghe. I was there to see the Toyota promotion since I won the contest.  I stayed with a friend there and she suggested going to the airport. Went to a LMHworld thing and won some nice LMH stuff. My favorite is a memory stick in the shape of Choi Young. Really cool.

omo!! I remember this! Another moment of meeting LMH lost to me because I was working that day! :bawling: And LAX was only an hour away from me, too (depending on traffic). But during Faith days, one Faithling was able to go and see him at the airport and post pictures for us. It was a frenzy there. Heck, even I felt scared for him too. I was like “shoot, where are those bodyguards of his..!!” But he did remain calm and I believed he handled it professionally. He smiled throughout and didn’t act panicked or frantic. He was very humble :wub:

• Like 6
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

@Time loop In literature, doppelgangers are used to represent the other self... and for example, in Edgar Poe's story with a doppelganger, the man kills the doppelganger but he dies the same way he killed his doppelganger. Since they represent the opposite of each other (funny-serious for JY/ES aso)... this would explain why the child with the yo-yo is fighting against Lee Rim's plan

I don't think KES is trying something similar to Edgar Poe's because if it was the case then Lee Gon would have died same time his doppleganger was killed in ROK but in this world One Doppelganger can die in one world and the other survive. It's not linked while one can be poor and the other rich. It's more realistic based imo with what KES is going with currently when it comes down to Multiverse logic

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Time loop said:

I don't think KES is trying something similar to Edgar Poe's because if it was the case then Lee Gon would have died same time his doppleganger was killed in ROK. One Doppelganger can die in one world and the other survive. It's not linked while one can be poor and the other rich. It's more realistic based imo with what KES going with currently when it comes down to Multiverse logical

I am well aware that the writer won't adapt this idea literally. Yet since there is a balance between the two worlds and the equilibrium was disturbed, when people started killing their doppelgangers, I have the impression that these people will be definitely punished by the gods so that their existence is erased. I have the feeling that their sins won't go unpunished by the heavens. Since this story contains some supernatural elements, I do think that the punishment by laws is not enough and even can not be applied, especially because people are not aware of the parallel world and the body has been disposed of in the other world.  

• Like 10