[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

3 hours ago, 2handsintertwined said:

Edit: I am going to try to wait for Lee Gon, Tae Eul, and Lee Lim too! I think we all know he's the bad guy. But don't some of ya'll think we are interested in his story?

Lee Lim's backstory?

Nope. With 6 episodes left.

I want him gone and poof.

Of course his demise must be satisfying... lol

3 hours ago, Dramafreak said:

I want some thrill... now!

Join the LIVE streaming.. it's thrilling enough to watch it and not understanding it. Lol

OmG!! LG found the bookstore!!!!

@Dramafreak See! The thrill is here!

I'm literally having the goosebumps just seeing the stills!!!!

C'mon!! See you tonight at the LIVE party!

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

5 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

I LOVE IT!

I’m dead! 

I never thought a man could look this good in an all black outfit. Plus the stare!!! I had to unlurk because of this LOL. 

Btw, Thanks for the tag @bebebisous33. I am now hoping that JTE was indeed brought by the yo-yo boy in RoK and she was originally from KoC. If that would create a possible happy ending for the two, I'd gladly accept it. 

I just wonder to those who have seen the spoiler about 

Spoiler

LG with a young TE, do you think he went back to talk to TE's father? Or was LG the one who brought TE and his father to RoK in a previous time loop? Does that even make sense? Haha 

Anyway, happy Friday to you all! Excited for the BTS and possible IG uploads of our couple. 

• Like 7
  • Love 5

14 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

I LOVE IT!

I’m dead! 

Comparing all the pairing of lovers in Kdrama...Tae Eul has the best lover. Most handsome, the  most powerful , the richest, would come across the universe just to call and hear her voice....chased for her and most important of all saying the word I am deeply in love with you .

• Like 8
  • Love 8
  • Awesome 1

Ever since my state started their shelter in place, it's like Groundhog Day every week.  Work M-Th, then the week resets with TKEM on Friday and Saturdays.  I'm literally at work until like 7pm, going home, shoving food in (sometimes fried chicken), taking a ZZZQuil, and waking up way earlier than usual to watch TKEM and to sob before rushing to work.  I'm a night owl and usually sleep at 2am and wake up at 8:30 and then rush to work. 

Anyways, I'm r e a d y.

And when I say my body is ready for this, I'm being very literal.  Last few weeks I woke up without an alarm like magic on Friday/Saturday at like 6:30am. 

Then on Sunday I slept in til like 11am oops.

043754bee7f1d40d7be07bd7d4739931e147333e

• Like 6
  • LOL 15
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

36 minutes ago, SweetButters said:

JY said in that scene to the other guards, "Maybe you two missed something or I missed what you guys missed". At this point, I'm going to try and shut off my brain until tomorrow's episode haha. I think all of us are basically just trying to predict how all of this will end and the suspense is killing us and/or driving us to a state beyond mental insanity

@SweetButters Good luck trying to shut off your brain. I tried and failed and popped in two hours ago to take a peek between meetings. :D 

Having a place to share thoughts, goof around and killing time till next episode is quite therapeutic. I've gotten very drunk with all that drinks  @vangsweetie637 served out. :joy:  It surely lightens up mood while we are still under shelter in place. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

1 minute ago, mrsj3n said:

Lee Lim's backstory?

Yes! I think Lee Lim deserves a backstory! I think he's so interesting. Why is he doing the things he is doing to Lee Gon and others? Why did he wait so long? But you're right...He is trying to hurt his nephew Lee Gon. And you said "his demise should be satisfying." I couldn't have said it better myself! Good job! I hope they make it good :blush:

• Like 8

202005220915440310_2.jpg

"Revenge of anger"...'The King' Lee Min-ho declares war on Lee Jung-jin

"Will the Emperor of the Korean Empire be reborn as the Blood Monarch?"

"The King-Eternal Monarch" Lee Min-ho has been spotted at the scene of a muddy shooting where traces of treason are killed, heralding revenge for Lee Rim.

SBS' Friday-Saturday drama "The King-Eternal Monarch" (written by Kim Eun-sook/directed by Baek Sang-hoon, produced by Jung Ji-hyun/produced by Hwa & Dam Pictures) is a fantasy romance set in parallel worlds: the Korean Empire and the Republic of Korea. Through the narratives of Lee Gon and Jung Tae-eul, who work together against the devil that broke the balance of parallel worlds and confirm their fateful love, they remind us of the value of life, love, and people that have faded.

Above all, in the last episode, Lee Gon (Lee Min-ho) faced Lee Rim (Lee Jung-jin), who looked the same as 25 years ago, and issued a blurry warning, "Rebel, Lee Rim!" But it was missed because Lee Rim, who mobilized his own force, threatened the people. After learning of Lee Rim's dream of a brilliant resurrection in the Korean Empire, Lee Gon said that he would offset his opinion on the possibility of Lee Rim's survival and wipe out the remnants of the traitor instead. Lee Rim then killed Lee Jong-in (Jeon Mu-song), a close aide to Lee Gon, and brutally provoked him, and further burned his will for revenge.

In a related episode on the 22nd (today), Lee Min-ho visits a bookstore, the hideout of the bandits supporting Lee Rim, and starts a counterattack, raising the tension. In the drama, Lee Gon and the guards attack the bookstore, the secret place of Lee Rim. The bookstore, which was full of bloody gunfire, quickly turns into a muddle, and Lee Gon gives a cold look at Lee Rim's bloody follower. Lee Gon declares that a war with Lee Rim has broken out. Questions are mounting over whether Lee Gon, who delivered a sharp warning through the treatment of the remnants of the traitor, will be able to win the bloody war against Lee Rim.

The scene of Lee Min-ho's "declaration of war against Lee Rim" was filmed at a set located in Yongin, Gyeonggi Province, in early May. Lee Min-ho was in a state of renewed tension ahead of the shooting, which began a strong counterattack against Lee Rim. While the staff were busy preparing for the shoot, Lee Min-ho was seriously immersed in the emotional line while reducing his words. And as he entered the main shoot, Lee Min-ho drew high response from the scene, expressing not only the mixed feelings of Lee Gon's sadness, anger and resentment, but also the solemn dignity.

"It's a scene that heralds a major attack that will shake up the parallel world in the future as Lee Gon enters the hideout of the remnants of the traitor," the production company Hwa & Dam Pictures said. "Please look forward to the 11th episode of The King-Eternal Monarch, which will air today."

Meanwhile, the 11th episode of SBS's "The King-Eternal Monarch," which consists of a total of 16 episodes, will air at 10 p.m. this Friday.

http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=202005220919370739007_1

• Like 11
  • Awesome 3

2 minutes ago, Keikokoko said:

@SweetButters Good luck trying to shut off your brain. I tried and failed and popped in two hours ago to take a peek between meetings. :D 

I mean, we went from screaming that JTE was dying in the road to HURRAY SHE LIVES to JTE dying in some other road to YAY SECOND PROPOSAL to OMG SHE DEAD AF SHE BEEN DEADAZZ IMPERSONATED to YAY SHES ALIVE in less than 24 hours so

980x.gif

• Like 3
  • LOL 16

7 hours ago, Heretorant said:
7 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

My optimistic mind believes that if JTE asked her father, he will gladly move to KOC gladly. :joy:

I love your optimism :D 

I think writer Kim will give us a happy ending. I just don’t know how yet. 

Someone here (I forgot who) wrote awhile ago that every conclusion we arrive at still doesn’t make absolute sense. It’s the truest statement! This show is unpredictable; I can’t think of one single ending that has no plot holes. 

Wait, I can. It’s the sad ending where they close the gates and are separated by worlds. JTE waits for LG for the rest of her life and Kim So Wol’s poem “house” can be heard as a voiceover. 

at the base of a distant hill, at the edge of a field, hard by the shore of the broad sea—
i’ll build it, my own house, and put a wide road in front—

those who go by, some might stop in, then go on alone—
the day will turn dark at the rise of the white rapids—

i’ll stand at the gate and i’ll wait,and shadows will grow lighter—
dawn birds will cry, and the day will turn bright and still—

the morning will come sparkling, and i’ll look at each one who passes, and wonder—
might it be you?  might it be?

Oh no, did kill the mood in here? I’m a pessimist, I tell you. 

LG will find a way! He told TE by the window: “Even if I can have eternal life in there, I’ll come to you”

Think Pirates of the Carribean where Will Turner (Orlando Bloom) is allowed one day ashore before beginning his ten-year duty aboard the Dutchman. He visits his wife, Elizabeth (Keira Knightley) and their son, Henry every 10 years before he begins his journey on the Dutchman. 

Might not be a 10 year gap. But this one is Eternal. Love conquering time & space. But sad. "... might it be you?  might it be?"

But am still banking on a happy ending :)  LG just needs to defeat LR, retrieve the other half of the flute.  The idea of LR needs to be irrelevant in Corea, cos he already died 25 years ago for all intents & purposes.  That's how LG restores the balance in the 2 worlds. 

Is it possible to have balance while the portal is still open?  Perhaps his beautiful solution lies in that possibility.  As long as the power of the flute is not made public and is protected, then perhaps that is LG's way to have his Kingdom, be with TE and produce heirs to make his monarchy eternal.

Wow, I just checked and LOTBS is definitely on on Netflix US. LMH said he would do City Hunter then in the interview you sent me. Has he changed his mind since then?:(

@CallieP Yes LOBTS has always been in Netflix.  Re CH - probably waiting for a great script?

• Like 6
  • Love 5

I don't wanna stress myself anymore regarding the possible plot. I'm just hoping that writer KES will give us a happy ending. Too many theories that this will have another heartbreaking or tragic end. I already cried a lot on ep 10 and the 6 remaining is long way to go. Let us just expect the unexpected coz I know writer KES wite up is unpredictable.  

See you all tonight in NETFLIX. Let us enjoy the moment coz we were surely gonna miss this drama once it ends.

• Like 9
  • Love 3

18 minutes ago, mamabear said:

I never thought a man could look this good in an all black outfit. Plus the stare!!! I had to unlurk because of this LOL. 

You know why we don’t need LG’s doppelgänger? Because LG, alone, is both light and dark! Damn, this new LG in the second half is going to be the death of LR and all his minions and me! :lol:

20 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

Lee Lim's backstory?

Hahaha, I love the way you said it! 

No please. I just need more LeeEul! Not enough time to expand on LR and his pity story. :lol:

16 minutes ago, Orientalfan said:
28 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Comparing all the pairing of lovers in Kdrama...Tae Eul has the best. Most handsome, the  most powerful , the richest, would come across the universe just to call and hear her voice....chased for her and most important of all saying the word I am deeply in love with you

Where do I find such a perfect man? I would have to travel to another world to meet someone like that huh? 

15 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

Ever since my state started their shelter in place, it's like Groundhog Day every week.  Work M-Th, then the week resets with TKEM on Friday and Saturdays.  I'm literally at work until like 7pm, going home, shoving food in (sometimes fried chicken), taking a ZZZQuil, and waking up way earlier than usual to watch TKEM and to sob before rushing to work.  I'm a night owl and usually sleep at 2am and wake up at 8:30 and then rush to work. 

Anyways, I'm r e a d y.

And when I say my body is ready for this, I'm being very literal.  Last few weeks I woke up without an alarm like magic on Friday/Saturday at like 6:30am. 

Then on Sunday I slept in til like 11am oops.

Hahaha thank you for the good laugh! Your alarm notes had me dying laughing! 

For me, I work from home so every Friday, I’ll wake up at least 3 times. I’ll check this thread and then force myself to go back to sleep until 6am lol. Try as I may, I can never sleep through the night. I get way too excited! Last week, I woke up at 3am and stayed until 6am to stream it live. :lol:

• Like 6
  • LOL 5

15d1738fb3f54d0884546a1fc208d805.jpeg?s=

Lee Min Ho is on a mission to root out his enemies in the upcoming episode of “The King: Eternal Monarch.”

In the drama, emperor Lee Gon (played by Lee Min Ho) and detective Jeong Tae Eul (played by Kim Go Eun) are working together from their respective parallel universes in an effort to restore the balance between their two worlds. Sewing the chaos is Lee Rim (played by Lee Jung Jin), who was long thought dead after having killed Lee Gon’s father, the former emperor, 25 years ago.

The new stills show Lee Gon, with his guard in tow and his anger barely in check, rooting out Lee Rim’s help at his bookstore hideout with a rain of bullets.

A source from Hwa&Dam Pictures said, “This scene, with Lee Gon personally appearing at a hideout of one of Lee Rim’s people, previews the intense battle to come. Please look forward to [the May 22] episode of ‘The King: Eternal Monarch,’ where you will see an explosion of Lee Gon’s charisma as an emperor.”

lee-min-ho-the-king-eternal-monarch1.jpg

lee-min-ho-the-king-eternal-monarch-3.jp

https://www.soompi.com/article/1401930wpp/lee-min-ho-is-merciless-as-he-roots-out-his-enemies-in-upcoming-episode-of-the-king-eternal-monarch

• Like 6
  • Love 6

8 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

I mean, we went from screaming that JTE was dying in the road to HURRAY SHE LIVES to JTE dying in some other road to YAY SECOND PROPOSAL to OMG SHE DEAD AF SHE BEEN DEADAZZ IMPERSONATED to YAY SHES ALIVE in less than 24 hours so

Can you check her pulse again? Is she dead, half dead,  resurrected or swapped? In Corea or ROK?  :sweat_smile:

• Like 3
  • LOL 10