[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

This is when someone says something you don't believe in claiming to be from another world

92__OI.gif

He still continues claiming the same thing

aoec28.gif

And this is before he gets on your nerves and arrest him because you think his out of his mind 

5pBgtT.gif

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Lee Gon started feeling pain on his shoulder the moment he went to the other world. So far, we only saw it once on Lee Rim. Since there is a rule for the phenomenon of time stopping, there must be a rule for the scar as well. In my opinion, this is a warning, when someone from Korea (except Lee Gon and Lee Rim) comes to Corea or the reverse. When Lee Rim's scar appeared, Lee Gon had just traveled to Korea with Jo Yeong on his side. Once they are in the parallel world, Lee Gon or Lee Rim can no longer feel the disturbance. 

We were shown twice though; the first in Ep6 when he strutted past ES’s twin siblings and left the boy sobbing. The second was in Ep10 during his encounter with yo-yo kid.

With regards to hopes of Season 2, WDH is expected to enlist later this year. So unless we’ve got doppelgängers(:P), I don’t see how the show is going to proceed unless the actor’s written out.

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Well, remember that the buildings and the rooms are similar from one world to the other, it is just sometimes that they are not situated at the same place. Therefore I am still convinced that JTE is in Corea where she originally belonged. Let us not forget that in the story of King Arthur, the boy was not raised by his parents. He was taken away by Merlin who helped the king to sleep with the woman he loved.

So what you are saying is that JTE is from Corea? The question is when did she cross and what is the reason behind the crossing over because I just don't see it that way. Why would Lee Rim make her cross over 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

BOF rises everyday :lol: this is  so funny after 11 years 

BOF has bounced off on the rising hype of TKEM feeding of that buzz. It kinda of jumped on it's back and specifically in Latin America thats where it's solely getting pushed from right now 

• Like 8

10 hours ago, syntyche said:

Imagine my delight when I learned that Lee Gon was speaking my language in this drama! :lol:

It's in episode 3, part 43:16. It was shown in passing. Anybody could just dismiss it, but it caught my eye, as I recognize those formulas. I was amazed myself when I analyzed it. It's beautiful mathematics meshed with beautiful poetry. 

LG said this beautiful mathematics meshed with poetry. I really thought it was just language for the drama. never imagined mathematics to be considered beautiful like art. I must ask my husband. He is good in math but not as accomplished as you, I guess. He is an engineer. He is not into poetry though. I have to reassess my opinion of math. I am good at counting, accounting I guess but not formulas. When I have time in the future, I should take calculus. I guess that is what the formulas are right? Calcs?  Imagine you and LMH making me interested in calculus LOL.  I have to save that piece that you did or could you PM me with that Math Theory post?  Can it be forwarded. I don't think I can send it to myself or save it somehow. You also had the link to Theory part 1. Perfect. I have to read that again too.  Are you from the US?  I don't remember.

Talk about the Jenga at Swoon. It just reminded me again, how different LMH is in person from his roles as lover boy.  His cute looks like when he turned around after speaking into JY's mike " Was I cool" and he turned with that cute smile. He excels in that. In his dramas, he comes out with those cute expressions that can melt butter. His quips about how deep set his eyes are at the police station or in BOF, how can you not like me, I am handsome, rich, smart in a serious way. In real life he can't do that without breaking into his LMH laugh or turn red. He doesn't do cutesy at all in person in all his BTS or live shows. He is just normal,  laughs a lots though. Is basically shy. I remember one reporter who interviewed him in Malaysia that she or he was surprised at how shy he was even though he was a huge star by then. He seems very quiet and private though caring of his fans, disabled people and kids. 

When I saw him at the airport once, he saw the crowds and kind of panicked, not knowing where to go. Did not recognize him at first. He looked like a little boy with small face in his CH cap.  He tried to be unobtrusive. He did not wave or smile until someone called out Saranghe then he smiled and said Thank you. When he was entering his car, he relaxed a bit, waved and smiled. The crowds swallowed him. I watched at a distance and most of the time, I could not see him as he was blocked by the fans. My friend went right in front of him and took some shots of him. He only had one guy with him, not his bodyguard and  I think he felt scared. When he has protection in an event, he is more friendly.  I think he must have enjoyed it when he went to Europe incognito and no one recognized him after his MS. 

• Like 14
  • Love 2

5 minutes ago, Time loop said:

BOF has bounced off on the rising hype of TKEM feeding of that buzz. It kinda of jumped on it's back and specifically in Latin America thats where it's solely getting pushed from right now 

LMH this time started in Latin America Hallyu Wave:lol: but BOF what a drama it still draws new people:thumbsup: I want to rise LOTBS too , it isn't Netflix? I read last year there is but still there?

• Like 8

1 hour ago, csmiller1954 said:

So I have a theory, work with me on this.  Luna, knows she dying, JTE is in love with the King and right now she would not be able to just leave ROK.   What would happen if Luna gets a big heart, swaps with JTE and dies in ROK.   That would solve the problem of JTE moving to KOC and marrying the King.   Since JTE is a policeman the possibility of her being shot and killed by one of LL minions kills her.  LL did tell his follower to get rid of her, what if he kills Luna and not JTE.

Then Luna and JTE would have to meet first and teamwork but I believe LL will get first to Luna either changing her mind or he eliminates her he can be brutal as he dosen't let people he caught walk away that easily without giving him something in return and in this case Luna has only one chance to survive which is giving her allegiance to him

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

LMH this time started in Latin America Hallyu Wave:lol: but BOF what a drama it still draws new people:thumbsup: I want to rise LOTBS too , it isn't Netflix? I read last year there is but still there?

LOTBS is on Netflix but only in 8 countries Singapore, India, Japan, Austrlia remain the big one but it's not on other libraries which means its losing out on viewers but I think it's due to Viki becasue they have the rights to LOTBS in all other areas such the EU, North America and other asian markets 

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

I think Netflix will bring other LMH dramas to Netflix :lol:

They had City Hunter long time ago but it is long gone. Never had Personal taste. LOTBS is Vik's so Netflix may not have the rights. It never had Faith though so it might show Faith and Gangnam Blues was never on either. 

@mychoiyoungI just read your link on CH that you gave with your reply "Thoughts ramble"  There was another article that LMH would have been open to a CH season 2. I think Netflix should offer LMH a CH 2. I would love that. So would @Kris Silva, I believe it is her favorite LMH. CH has sort of fallen of the map while BOF and Heirs is still popular. I prefer CH to BOF or Heirs. It is also my favorite. The one that made me like LMH even though I saw BOF before CH.

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

LOTBS is on Netflix but only in 8 countries Singapore, India, Japan, Austrlia remain the big one but it's not on other libraries which means its losing out on viewers but I think it's due to Viki becasue they have the rights to LOTBS in all other areas such the EU, North America and other asian markets 

yes I forgot Viki you are right 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mychoiyoung said:

But TE in epi 6 did not have a bandage. She wasn't hurt.

My theory :)

It is Luna who calls LG (preview) and gets rescued. I dont know why LG is wearing a uniform but I guess it will be at the end of the 12th or beginning of 13th that we will know it is not her. Meanwhile action will happen on the investigation front in Korea :D

JTE definitely gets shot or something. I dont think JTE and LG meet again in this loop which is why we had the last sequence of episode 10.

Political intrigue should make some advancement too :D

Friday when will you be here?

#MonarchHasToChoose  -- Should I wait for english subs or watch it live & not understand nuances??

#myHumbleOpinion  

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Time loop said:

So what you are saying is that JTE is from Corea? The question is when did she cross and what is the reason behind the crossing over because I just don't see it that way. Why would Lee Rim make her cross over 

No, I never said that Lee Rim took her. The child with the yo-yo took her, when she was a child, just like Merlin took Arthur from the mother. It happened before Lee Rim discovered the parallel world in my opinion. Even JTE noticed that someone was trying to keep the balance (end of the episode 7). She felt the interference of someone.

Everything is predestined... JTE embraced her fate but Lee Rim is trying to fight against his destiny, he wants to change his position in the world but it is pointless, yet he has not realized it.

• Like 12