[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

I read somewhere that Cloy will reschedule for special episode to create safe work environment for the staff. They've been filming in cold weather day and night... What does it mean by reschedule..? This drama is so entertaining in many ways. Even the singing in the train (selling things) is beautiful :D

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, m i s z CHEN said:

OMG just saw the news on soompi too. That means there won't be any new episodes this weekend. wa wa wa i am so heartbroken!! but you know what, it's ok....production staff have been working hard on it to produce quality episodes.

wait but does this also impact netflix episodes? or are they different?

by the way, in the interview with SYJ and HB, I thought she said the last day of filming was going to be Dec 31st? For some reason I had thought they were way ahead of schedule since the drama isn't expected to end until Feb of next year.

yes, it will effect Netflix as well. Netflix can never air first before tvN airs in South Korea.

Looks like we need to camp here longer. I seriously need to find a drama to watch to fill up my days, but no drama interests me right now. Not even chocolate. huhuhu

• Like 8

“Crash Landing On You” To Take Temporary Hiatus This Week

“Crash Landing On You” To Take Temporary Hiatus This Week

The tvN drama “Crash Landing on You” starring Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin will not be airing this week.

The upcoming episodes, which were due to air on January 4 and 5, were cancelled for broadcast by tvN. The temporary hiatus is due to the fact that the drama films as the episodes air. To protect the cast and crew from unsafe filming conditions, the production team decided to postpone the filming schedule.

On December 31, a representative from the drama told StarNews, “Due to the cold winter weather, the producers behind ‘Crash Landing on You’ decided to take a break this week so that the actors and staff members remain safe and healthy.” The representative made no statement about plans for next week’s broadcasts.

In place of the postponed new episodes, tvN will air reruns of previous episodes that have been specially re-edited for viewers. The popular drama and its cast has continued to top buzzworthy drama rankings since its first episode aired back on December 14.

Source (1)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

So basically two days ago someone posted this on his/her twitter account but got deleted. I think that is true that hospital filming just happened within this week and I think they are not ready with the hospital scene yet. But whatever the reason is, I hope all the casts and staffs stay healthy.

Spoiler

2b7bc5df-53e2-487e-87a5-83bb55278a23

• Like 9
  • Insightful 1

I just wanted to join in on the fun of watching this new drama that I love.  I tried to sign in with my old account, (OMG from 7 years ago???) but could not recover my password even if SOOMPI still has my email.  The last drama that I enjoyed commenting and really doing in depth research of the topic was Faith with Lee Min Ho and Kim Hee-Sun.  I read a lot about Korean history and the king that was depicted in the drama after watching that show.  Nothing came close to that until now.  I did like the CLOY writer's You Who came from the Star but not enough to log in back to SOOMPI until now.

So here is my take on the characters:

Yoon Se-Ri:  I like her strong and ready to adjust to the situation character (although she had some cry-baby moments which could be understandable knowing that you got blown over to the side of Korea that no SK citizen would like to go to) but I do not get that part where she wanted to kill herself at one point in time.  I'm probably not deep within her character yet for it to make sense.  Someone should be in deep depression or in too much physical pain to even contemplate about doing that to yourself (assisted suicide). I guess she has recovered enough that she was able to build up her own business.  Other than this, I am enjoying her character and the development of her feelings towards Ri Jeong-Hyeok and the subtle and not so subtle ways she displays her growing affection.  Son Hye Jin is such a great actress and a pleasure to watch.

Ri Jeong Hyeok:  My favorite character!  Dignified and morally upright as a North Korean soldier but with that hint of innocence when it comes to matters of the heart.  This man has never been in love before (or maybe came close to love at first sight after seeing Se-Ri in Switzerland) so he seems to be contradicting himself continuously which makes for some playful dialogue between the 2 main characters.  Definitely in love with Se-ri; why else should he without hesitation rush to her side when she is in danger?  But it looks like Se-ri will probably make the first moves on him as he seems to be clueless about what a man in love does, lol!  So not in love with fiancee-----that smile he had when Se-ri took the picture in Switzerland of him and Seo Dan was for Se-ri.  I wonder if they had more encounters in Switzerland but then why does Seri not remember him at all?  He remembers her, the only girl that stirred his heart his whole life.  My favorite role of Binnie so far! :heart:

Seo Dan:  she seems to be a controversial figure in this forum but I can't be a real judge of her character from her few appearances to date.  Can she be a spoiled daughter? Absolutely!  Her mom appears to be one of the richest women in NK.  You don't have to be a brat when you are spoiled but her mom does indulge her being an only child.  Is she the jealous fiancee?  Of course!  Even if she does not love RJH (or does she?  can't really tell...hmmm) that man is hers according to her parents' arrangement.  But I like her cool demeanor and matter of fact personality.  She makes a good third party character.  But I would not want her to end up with with Gu Seung Jung although the writer has probably deemed this as her most likely path if it follows the usual KDrama tropes.

Gu Seung Jung:  Ahhhh, this guy.  I don't understand his character.  He stole/conned millions of dollars from Se-ri's brother?  But he acts like a petulant child and a spoiled brat.  For someone to be a con-man who can wheedle millions of dollars from someone, the character needs to exude some sophistication.  He is like an overgrown adolescent who whines, pretends to be a guy who's in charge because he's swimming in millions but then gives in when threatened.  Sorry, but this character does not fit the bill of a con-man.  Noooo, Seo-Dan, don't end up with him.  But if you like the second leads love story, I guess it will be them ;).

Love this drama!  Never a dull moment!

• Like 16
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, yongwonhi4jfc said:

Edit: 

Been browsing naver for fan art and outfit posts but OH MY GOD THE BACKGROUND DOESN'T LOOK LIKE N. KOREA - how did RJH get out?! This is an unbroadcasted scene right?! WHAT IS HAPPENING - omg getting my hopes up here. 

This is a teaser scene as mentioned in the Kakao TV live chat

• Like 4

I tried to read all the posts but I might have missed some since this thread is moving so fast. Did anyone mention about Seri's NK name Choi Sam Suk? She's actually a real singer who lived in NK. They may use one of her song in the drama. She was mentioned in SK in 2016 because she had a daughter who was defected from China to SK. According to the report of Yonhap News, Choi Sam-suk, born in 1951 at Kaseong Jangpung, worked at the Pyongyang Textile Factory and joined the Pyongyang Film and Music Company and began her career as a singer.

5e0964d62500005ea4d315eb.jpeg?ops=scalef

• Like 15
  • Thanks 5

I thought they filmed many more episodes ahead of time but i was wrong. Looks like they were filming literally hours before it aired and i think they were supposed to film for new year's eve even but instead now they get a break at least to celebrate and rest, that is much more healthy for everyone. I will miss the drama this weekend but it's more important for the cast and crew to be healthy so the work can be of good quality. I think they will also edit some stuff last minute to adjust to the popularity and good feedbacks they are getting so the drama will benefit from this. I also think this drama will get a good ending. This writer is known to write good endings plus the ratings are good so no reason to end this on a bitter note especially when it's a romantic comedy first.

• Like 14

@yongwonhi4jfc First of woah thanks for sharing those cute photos, etc..I agree the way RJH remains very conservative as it is in NK he manages to keep his feelings for her which obviously he's very attractive to her and it's just amazing how he's over protective of her! I like the way the writer makes him innocent looking in some scenes if not naive in more ways than one! He's adorable & definitely fits this role!  I think SR is obviously jealous of RJH's fiancee! Yes I agree that was the only time he's raised his voice at her when she happens to meet this guy fr SK & we can tell there's jealousy in there as he pulls away SR's hand away from him by that elevator scene! LOL

giphy.gif

Another strong proof that he's protecting his woman! :)

giphy.gif

LOL

giphy.gif

she's super cute!

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Spoiler

woah how can we find a guy who'd fix our hair like that! hahaha

6 hours ago, cybertron said:

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/108/0002833333

Someone pls translate this.

Don't tell me we not gonna see CLOY this week..:bawling:

Oh noooooo really? this is quite sad:bawling: however, we'll let it slide bec they need some rest!

Spoiler

giphy.gif

hahahaha

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 14
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1