[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

1 hour ago, hibiscus23 said:

I'm sure there's a lot of you here who've seen DOTS - and liked it right? I must admit I started watching that while airing but for some strange reason/s albeit i'm a huge fan of SHK, after 2 episodes i quite i still dunno, then after a few months or so I thought of gg back to watch it and of course since I finished 2 epis, i'm now gg to start with epis 3 right? However, after a few scenes, I stopped again & up to now I haven't finished it, but with CLOY I just cldn't stop watching after seeing these two great actors fr epis 1!!!!! BTW i'm not saying DOTS was not good or whatever, i heard it made big and the awards they rec'vd were quite overwhelming but I still dunno why i stopped watching it! :(

@hibiscus23 I completely understand where you're coming from. I was a huge fan of SHK / SJG but for some reason I couldn't get into how they heighten / escalate / make a catastrophe of every situation. The eye-candy, the cinematography were all there but it wasn't captivating as CloY. Don't get me wrong, CLoY requires the viewers to suspense belief but the research done on the background and the context buffers and humanises the N. Korean situation that another users aptly put - that we all share common interests of wanting our kids to grow up well, hoping for the best for our family and working around the parameters of where the law lies and regulations dictates.

I know some viewers have stopped watching because they've found it "boring", but if the tone is not as serious or as steady as the one that they've used in CLoY it would completely crush the environment and the setting the writers have built.

• Like 10
  • Love 1

After watching episode 6, I was speculating how the Dan and JH engagement will end. I think it'll have to be called off by Dan herself or JH's parents. Dan might call it off after she sees how much JH loves SR. Or I was even thinking, we don't know how far and wide CH's illegal operations extend - maybe even Dan's family could be involved. 

• Like 9

10 hours ago, yerinfish said:

Anyway here’s my next episodes wish list:

1. SJ will work with SJ body guard to keep SR safe after SR or SJ talks money. She’s the heir after all so they can get more money if they protect her, right?

Yeah. That's a good point. I had similar thoughts. It's this weird oh they are both villains for now so they have to team up. But i don't think it actually made sense for SJ. If he helped SR that bit of money that he scammed from her brother would be a chump change.

• Like 7

I don't understand the power dynamics of the parents between the ML and fiance. His dads a big dog in the government, lives in a mansion, whereas his fiances family are rich through property? On the face of it, it seems very unbalanced in the ML favour but the dinner they had and how rude the second fl's mom was makes it not seem the case.

• Like 8

44 minutes ago, anony12345 said:

I don't understand the power dynamics of the parents between the ML and fiance. His dads a big dog in the government, lives in a mansion, whereas his fiances family are rich through property? On the face of it, it seems very unbalanced in the ML favour but the dinner they had and how rude the second fl's mom was makes it not seem the case.

Same here. I was uncomfortable watching SD’s mom. She’s selfish and a bully. She looks down on people and thinks that the world revolves around her and her daughter. There is a possibility that JH’s father owes SD’s father (deceased). 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

Yoon Se Ri's song.

Anyone know the song when YSR and the squad picnic.

It is the same song when the little boy run to his sister with the food on ep 3.

CLoY is on no. 4 for Top 10 most loved show on Netflix Korea for 2019.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, yongwonhi4jfc said:

@hibiscus23 I completely understand where you're coming from. I was a huge fan of SHK / SJG but for some reason I couldn't get into how they heighten / escalate / make a catastrophe of every situation. The eye-candy, the cinematography were all there but it wasn't captivating as CloY. Don't get me wrong, CLoY requires the viewers to suspense belief but the research done on the background and the context buffers and humanises the N. Korean situation that another users aptly put - that we all share common interests of wanting our kids to grow up well, hoping for the best for our family and working around the parameters of where the law lies and regulations dictates.

I know some viewers have stopped watching because they've found it "boring", but if the tone is not as serious or as steady as the one that they've used in CLoY it would completely crush the environment and the setting the writers have built.

@yongwonhi4jfc IKR i just cldn't get the hang of it if you will - i love both of the actors no doubt esp SHK since Full House & SJG since his Axel whatever that drama was etc but somehow I cldn't get the same feeling compared to CLOY! LOL I agree w/you in that this drama being that it's focusing on NK gave us that sense of feeling that even for example the four squads - - -we probab have that kind of stereo-type vision so to speak that ppl like them in the North say in the army would as we expect (them to be) be cruel or what-not esp HB's character who's considered one of the highest officials in this drama! while watching this I admit of hoping that some of them in the army may realistically be like these characters ? i'm sure some of them are just compelled to do what they have to do bec it's their duty they have to fulfill, etc. Overall, this drama just mesmerized me! Like i said previously, this shld be at least 20 episodes being this good & interesting!  Kudos to the writers/screenplay, scriptwriters they're doing an excellent job and let's hope the ratings go up waaay up!

photo1137184.jpg

I think I just loved this scene where she didn't like the idea of having this little pig be slaughtered for their picnic! I did have a good laugh but at the same token really admired SR for that!

photo1137185.jpgphoto1137186.jpg

Here's the article (cr hancinema) re the squadmates - they're super cool!

Spoiler

[HanCinema's News] Hyun Bin's Squadmates on "Crash Landing on You" Grab Fans' Attention

While Hyun Bin is the obvious male headliner for "Crash Landing on You", many of the drama's other actors have also brought out surprising interest from viewers. These side characters, North Korean soldiers in the internal continuity, have had excellent chemistry both with each other, as well as with the proper leads.

Their distinct personalities are part of what sets them apart. Yang Kyung-won, for example, is a huge talker who obsessively talks about catching a tiger, though he has had little success to date. Yang Kyung-won's chemistry with lead actress Son Ye-jin has been great, as their screentime has a strong cat-and-mouse element. Yang Kyung-won has until now worked mostly in stage performances, having debuted in "Arthdal Chronicles" earlier this year in a similarly minor role.

The younger squad members, played by Lee Shin-young, Yoo Su-bin, and Tang Joon-sang, have aroused much interest in viewers for being handsome. The casting call for "Crash Landing on You" specifically tried to avoid casting actors who look too North Korean. This reflects modern trends, wherein some Internet personalities have surprised fans by revealing that they are North Korean defectors, a fact they are often loathe to disclose because they don't consider it that important.

"Crash Landing on You" has had much success, in part by not hewing too close to political stereotypes of North Koreans. The romance has definite elements of culture shock, but for the most part its North Korean characters are portrayed sympathetically and humanly. This goes beyond just Hyun Bin in the leading role, and applies to lesser cast members as well.

Written by William Schwartz

@Jilliathanks for editing! sorry about that! :confused:

Edited by Jillia
The article messed with the post, so I put it in spoiler tags.
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

wah this thread is moving fast, i think we can almost reach 100 pages by or before ep 7airs. 

5 hours ago, sharluvsenergy said:

I have a different opinion on this. I feel that it was a very raw emotional moment for all of them as they are parting ways soon and her raw voice, even though not great, felt very real and suitable for the atmosphere there and then. :)

I agree with you on this. I think the singing is purposedly made raw to deliver the emotion of our OTP. The background music is just to enhance the whole ambience. 

likewise on Seri’s style. I think the clothes she is wearing is the only thing she can find and afford from the market. She needs to blend in with the ahjummas and cannot stand out too much to note she is from south. :). Even in that clothes, she manages to make uri Capt fell for her, imagine if she dresses up. Lol. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

I would describe SJ as a rascal.

At this point, he is trying to save his own skin and offering SeRi as a sacrificial lamb.

But I do think that with his rascally, conning ways, he will be a good person to have on your side.

He will probably grow a heart soon.

PS. I do have a soft spot for Kim Jung Hyun. *disclaimer*

He will eventually find ways to save SR too. His intentions is to stop SR only from going back to Skorea until the money he swindled will be settled. 

Edited by stroppyse
Please do not quote images/gifs/videos.
  • Like 5

@hibiscus23 If only it was 20 episodes! I think we're just going to get another 10 more. It's been such a long time since I've watched a series where the lead man doesn't pull the female lead away as a guise of love. It's quite a violent act of "love" that is normalised in Korean dram. Obviously because of how conservative N. Korea is but also RJH's character isn't one that forces himself on another woman. The fact that he is always behind her, silently protecting her without her feeling repressed is a huge plus for me. 

The only time he's ever raised his voice at her is when she insists on trusting another man over this guy who risked anything for her. How could this woman even compare the two - about to be married to this S. Korean and meeting him once again is nothing in what they have been through. The glee in SeRi's eyes says everything about how he finally reveals his true feelings. 

dj7VPDp.gif

P9sxhEy.gif

Credits

RJH has the same feelings but he knows nothing comes from it by expressing them, he knows that she has a love for him that cannot be fulfilled. For her safety, he's willing to expedite his marriage, even if it's a short lived - forbidden love, he's willing to risk it all. 

drLh4Kh.jpg

rvRjCq4.jpg

Credits 

cBgbkkn.gif

aSO0DNd.gif

Credits

I'm looking forward to SeRi admitting her feelings whilst holding his hand whilst he lies unconscious in a hospital bed - your typical Kdrama troupe.  

@Loveumore I have a bad feeling about SJ, the fact that he suggested to the villain to house another S. Korean makes me feel like he'll be using SeRi as a huge bargaining point and play off her brother and the North Korean villain. Also, can someone tell me how he managed to get such a huge gun out when he was threatening to shoot? 

Some fan-art that I haven't seen on this forum:

b7QHVEh.jpg 

Credits belong to :

https://blog.naver.com/marineash/221752694195 Ep 4-5 

https://blog.naver.com/marineash/221745985802 Ep 1-3

Edit: 

Been browsing naver for fan art and outfit posts but OH MY GOD THE BACKGROUND DOESN'T LOOK LIKE N. KOREA - how did RJH get out?! This is an unbroadcasted scene right?! WHAT IS HAPPENING - omg getting my hopes up here. 

eZFDxOd.png

Could this be a flashback or they've left? 

FVBYxGT.png

Credits

• Like 12

16 minutes ago, cybertron said:

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/108/0002833333

Someone pls translate this.

Don't tell me we not gonna see CLOY this week..:bawling:

automatic translator:

"Television drama in love (played by Park Ji-eun and Director Lee Jong-hyo) with Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jinem will do his free week."

(...)

"As a result of the Star News 31, the TVN will go to 7 and 8. "Love's Unsettled", to be broadcast on January 4 and 5. I decided to take a Free Week to create a safer environment for the production of drama and better results."

(...)

"A Love's Error official said that the production team decided to close down to create a production environment where actors and personnel can shoot safely and safely in cold winter. As a result, a special section ""Love Awards" will be organized on January 4 and 5, which will edit the last transmission again."

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, cybertron said:

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/108/0002833333

Someone pls translate this.

Don't tell me we not gonna see CLOY this week..:bawling:

Yep. We won't. 

Probably they aren't ready with the episodes yet...cuz the reasons are to ensure better and more complete production... 

Tbvh the editing for episode 6 is also a bit choppy...

• Like 11

OMG just saw the news on soompi too. That means there won't be any new episodes this weekend. wa wa wa i am so heartbroken!! but you know what, it's ok....production staff have been working hard on it to produce quality episodes.

wait but does this also impact netflix episodes? or are they different?

by the way, in the interview with SYJ and HB, I thought she said the last day of filming was going to be Dec 31st? For some reason I had thought they were way ahead of schedule since the drama isn't expected to end until Feb of next year.

• Like 6

Just now, m i s z CHEN said:

by the way, in the interview with SYJ and HB, I thought she said the last day of filming was going to be Dec 31st? For some reason I had thought they were way ahead of schedule since the drama isn't expected to end until Feb of next year.

If i am not mistaken,she said they still filming at 11.59 pm on 31st Dec 2019.

Not last day of filming.

• Like 8