[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

On 2/16/2020 at 6:51 PM, alindahaw said:

This drama made me cry and hurt my eyes a lot in almost all of its episodes. Thanks a lot for that wonderful ending. The finale is like sunshine after the rain. Great :D.  Soo happy it bested my other 2 favorite kdramas of all time, Goblin and Reply 1988 as the most watched TVN drama:heart:

• Like 6

16 hours ago, L A said:

Guys now that the drama is offically over, I would love to have some contemplation moments with you:

1. What is the most hilarious scene of our leads that you love?

2. What is the most romantic/beautiful scene of our leads?

3. What is the saddest scene of our leads that broke your heart so badly? 
4. What is the hottest scene from our leads ( if there’s any :joy:)?
5.What is your favorite line from our leads?

6. What is your favorite song?

7. What is the most hilarious scene from supporting casts?

8. What is the most touching scene from supporting casts?

9.  What detail gives you the most satisfaction?

10. What you wish you could have changed if you were the writer?

please share with me! I’d love to hear.

1. What is the most hilarious scene of our leads that you love?

The scene where JH kept going around to buy Seri her stuff at the campfire after their train broke down. SYJ’s subtle comedic acting made the scene for me. Her innocent “Where are you going” after dropping hints of what she wanted had me giggling the whole scene. And also HB’s exasperated face. He will be henpecked hubby for sure:lol:

2. What is the most romantic/beautiful scene of our leads?

Hard to choose as there were so many, but I think the last scene of the drama with them on the Swiss mountain just about takes it

3. What is the saddest scene of our leads that broke your heart so badly? 

Can’t choose between two scenes:

- When JH steps takes one step over the line to kiss SR

- When SR is crying so desperately and running towards JH who is telling her not to run in the last ep
4. What is the hottest scene from our leads ( if there’s any :joy:)?

*goat bleats* from Reply series
5.What is your favorite line from our leads?

“Sometimes, the wrong train takes you to the right station.”

Said by SR and then JH makes a reference to this line in the last ep. This sentence is true for all of us, it’s along the lines of “Life is like a box of chocolates” from Forrest Gump as in life is unpredictable, but everything happens for a reason.

6. What is your favorite song?

The song always played in Switzerland, as well as JH’s piano piece for his Brother.

7. What is the most hilarious scene from supporting casts?

JH’s dad’s reaction to the two lovebirds that are JH and SR.

8. What is the most touching scene from supporting casts?

GSJ in ep 15. Like all of his scenes.:tears:

Also when the ducklings reunited with JH and SR.

And the flashbacks of JH’s Brother helping Manbok and his family.

9.  What detail gives you the most satisfaction?

Weaving in the Switzerland stories with the present stories and characters so nicely.

Loved all the NK sets and showing us some of the daily, normal things they do. It was great that they consulted real NK defectors so they could portray these parts as realistically as possible.

10. What you wish you could have changed if you were the writer?

Save GSJ this man deserves better.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

The epilogue ending is beautifully done! They are seriously visually stunning. Idk now which I prefer the sexy serious suit wearing HB or the relaxed casual jogger tight fitting sweatshirt wearing HB...his looks are out of this world! It would have been awesome to see a wedding but we just have to use our imagination knowing in the end they got their happy ending. 

Now the wait to see if there any developments in real life. I hope if there are they won't keep it a secret...I think everyone would be very supportive of them. Going to miss this weekly torture/pleasure very much. But I can't stop rewatching! What will I do with all my free time now not keeping up with this thread:joy: 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, TotoroSY said:

Have you listened to the Complete OST on Spotify? It's really wonderful, including all the instrumental with the full orchestra! Here's the link below. I still can't figure out the 2nd language used in the Intro OST track (song called SIGRISWIL by Kim Kyoung Hee). And funnily, it doesn't have IU's song in it (yet).

I had a discussion elsewhere over this. We concluded that it must be in Romansch (one of the four national languages of Switzerland) because it isn't French, German, or Italian. 

• Like 6

Who catch the SITR parody by SR when she was dancing in her office???

btw ManBok’ s new job. I didn’t watch Yoo Ji Tae movie, so the first thought I have was Eric’s role in Oh Hae Young again (TVN series too). He has the same feel, and the same hairdo and same dressing too LOL 

• Like 9
  • LOL 2

4 hours ago, KimSooHanMoo said:

This is for keeps to celebrate the fact that Crash Landing on You is at present, tvN’s Top Drama by highest rating reached.

Thanks for the list but some inaccuracies. They used peak rating of peak scene of goblin here bcoz for full episode goblin never crossed 20% nor reply 1988 crossed 19%. By that logic, we could've used 23% peak rating of cloy's peak scene. But we look at overall rating of episode. They mixed up . Nielsen ratings are the one which matters and the real peak ratings for full episodes  are

# Drama Channel Highest nationwide
AGB Nielsen Rating[149]
Final
episode date
Ref.
1 Sky Castle JTBC 23.779% 1 February 2019 [150]
2 Crash Landing on You tvN 21.683% 16 February 2020 [151]
3 Reply 1988 18.803% 16 January 2016 [152][153]
4 Guardian: The Lonely and Great God 18.680% 21 January 2017 [154]
5 Mr. Sunshine 18.129% 30 September 2018 [155

No tvn drama crossed 19% for full episode before cloy in history. So it is only tvn drama to cross 20%.

In overall ratings , it is fourth for average of whole season with 12.15% but mr sunshine had 24 episodes and reply had 20 epiodes. Only goblin  had 16. So they are equal level of successes. Nevertheless  it is still one of 4 tvn dramas  and overall one of 5 to average over 12% for whole season. No cable drama has averaged 13% ( not even sky castle ) for whole season so far. It is one of the historic dramas for cable tv . Cloy and goblin are the 2 with least episodes of these 5 dramas and two biggest hallyu hits. So impact and success wise, it is among top 2.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2

This is probably one of the most satisfying finales I have seen in a long while. Such incredible attention to detail and superb acting were in full display. This episode managed to elicit a gamut of emotions in me. I found myself ugly crying not just because I was sympathizing with the OTP, but the show managed to dig up past heartaches that I've been through. I am sure one way or another, we've all experienced losing someone so important to us, that just the mere thought of not having them is incomprehensible. It feels as if life would stop without them. Yet, with time, you find yourself continuing to live on without them. It was precisely what RJH and Seri went through. As much as the overarching trope was unrealistic, everything about the love and relationship that RJH and Seri shared was real and raw. In this case, I loved that they did not reunite immediately. Showing us how they each coped and continued to live a relatively happy life apart from each other was realistic and poignant. It reiterated the fact that as much as Seri and RJH were "soulmates," they did NOT complete each other. They did not need each other to "live" and thrive in their respective lives. However, being together made every aspect of their lives BETTER. Ultimately, that's what true love is supposed to be both in reel and real life.

• Like 10
  • Love 3

I have a question about the time line.

1) HB & SYJ first met in Switzerland until they first met in North Korea. How many years apart?

2) SYJ stays in NK for how many years?

3) HB went to SK after how many years SJY left NK?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, frozentundra said:

I had a discussion elsewhere over this. We concluded that it must be in Romansch (one of the four national languages of Switzerland) because it isn't French, German, or Italian. 

YES, that's also my number 1 guess as I've stated earlier. Someone in youtube said it's Finnish but seems he/ she is not 100% sure either since  he/ she asked to refer to a Finnish song. It sounds more like Romansch to me after I listened to a few videos of people speaking and also songs in Romansh .

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Ottoke said:

1) HB & SYJ first met in Switzerland until they first met in North Korea. How many years apart?

1. It was 7-year apart.

2. Seri only stayed in the north for a few months, I think it's only 3 months ( maybe I'm wrong)

3. It is only 3 weeks when RJH goes to the south after Seri is sent back to the south.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Eliza Marlowe said:

Guys! Please do not read netizenbuzz comments about our drama surpassing goblin in rating. That site is really toxic. K-netizens still hate, degrade and disrate our drama, even our proved them wrong. I'm just getting pissed.

Oh really? I've seen some negative comments too on twitter and other social media. I guess Goblin fans were really upset since it has held the top ratings for 3 years, plus most of the articles compared CLOY ratings with Goblin (it actually overtook Reply 1988 but most sites get the ratings wrong). I love both CLOY and Goblin, both tell unique and wonderful stories. Don't know why people need to compare and squabble about it.....

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Putting aside wishful thinking, excessive optimism, and conspiracy theories, the writer prepared us for the ending by referencing the story of Jingnyeo, the weaver girl who falls in love with Gyeonu, the herder.

The Cowherd and the Weaver Girl is a Chinese folk tale. The tale of the cowherd and the weaver girl is a love story between Zhinü (織女; the weaver girl, symbolizing the star Vega) and Niulang (牛郎; the cowherd, symbolizing the star Altair). Their love was not allowed, thus they were banished to opposite sides of the heavenly river (symbolizing the Milky Way). Once a year, on the 7th day of the 7th lunar month, a flock of magpies would form a bridge to reunite the lovers for one day. There are many variations of the story.  source

What makes this story admirable is that Niulang has endured a lot to reunite with Zhinu. There were certainly many obstacles that prevented their reunion. However, Niulang never gave up on reuniting with Zhinu. Therefore, why must we give up if the obstacles seem tough or nearly impossible? It is a matter of how will we deal with them.  source

Concluding the story with their reunion ends it at the highest point.  All that comes after is supplied by the viewers' imaginations, and since we all imagine something different, we all get the best possible story.  :) 

Well done!!

My favorite scene:

f82d2f45ce80cfed2b598319dfbc5661728ec98d

251c81ce36484749827f1d39ca0fd252d5a43c92

9ef1da54046f51f4ac5030c838782298f1fc2bf9

• Like 12
  • Love 5
  • Insightful 3

22 minutes ago, Ottoke said:

1) 7 years

2)1 month

3) I think  2 weeks after she left NK.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jamy47 said:

I understand why many are feeling kinda empty regarding the ending, like they wanted more. It's normal because HB and SYJ have so much chemistry, we wanted to see more of them as a couple because the entire drama they never got to be really together, they were always running from danger or staying away because it's forbidden. When we see two actors with so much chemistry, it would be good to actually see the beautiful moments when they are really together doing normal couple stuff. This is the one thing i regret after watching.  A second season would be so perfect because then it would start with them being a couple.

I get it. Really. I really do. I would not have complained if we got a lot of fanservice for an entire episode. I have to confess that my faith in the writers started to waiver a couple of episodes ago. It felt like the plot was losing steam and we would end up with such a rushed finale. But boy was I wrong.  The emotional payoff made up for me trying to watch the doldrums of the drama. In fact, I found it fitting not seeing our OTP experience "NORMAL" stuff.  They were never a "normal" couple to begin with. This is something that the writers were great at in this drama. They never veered off their identity. None of the characters went rogue. No one became completely unrecognizable to try and fit the demands of the viewers. RJH was always this innocent, loyal and upstanding man. He had a petulant side when around his parents but morphs into the reliably mature dude around Seri. Quite frankly, watching the inexperienced RJH all swoony and "touchy feely" would have been out of character. Same goes for Seri. She had to put on this tough woman facade to protect herself, but hiding behind the mask is a woman just longing to be appreciated and loved, full of childish antics and kindness. It seemed that when she survived those self-destructive thoughts, she simply just lived on and started to "let herself go" by dating around. Finding RJH with whom she had such deep emotional connection with, he was the first man he's ever wanted to be his COMPANION. Not to sound prudish, but her feelings for RJH went beyond lust.

• Like 13
  • Love 3

I feel like online comments are always going to trend to the negative. Basically, online trolls will criticize people for their faults (ie for not being "the best,"), but once you reach the top, the same people simply cannot handle someone having it all, so they immediately begin to tear that person down. Don't think about miserable people living their lives online in miserable ways. Be happy for all the good in the world--which includes a fantastic drama!

A couple of observations about the drama. While it was horribly tragic for our second lead guy to die, I think that it cemented in Dan's mind the fact that there really was a guy who loved her more than his own life. (She felt hurt that RJH would risk so much for Seri earlier, but here is a guy who literally would do that for her, too.) 

Also, another thing I like about kdramas (as opposed to western storytelling) that really came out in this is that for every role, there is the positive and negative side. Western stories sometimes take a negative character through such a transformation that they turn into someone else entirely. They give up that role and take on another. I've observed that in kdramas, it's more a transformation to find your own best self (instead of turning into someone else). Seri could have gone to NK and decided that her old life was soulless, and given up the store, the clothing line, the whole lifestyle. Instead, she came back and discovered how to humanize her role. She used her position to better the lives of her employees, to bring cheer to the ahjummahs over the border with the cosmetic line for them, etc. I've seen this in other dramas, too (the guy in Masters Sun comes to mind), and I really like it. We can't just turn into someone else. We have to look for our own best strengths and choose the positive side of ourselves over the negative. 

As for the ending...the real life future of NK and SK remains an unwritten book. I choose to hope that someday there will be a peaceful, happy ending there, and I imagine in the drama that it happened and that they did get married and live happily ever after in Switzerland and got their twins and everything else they wanted. :)

• Like 16
  • Love 8