[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

Even if JH is harsh with Seri to protect her, he will not overdo it. I dont think he is able to hurt her like that. He will start doing it and the moment she cries, he will stop and maybe just tell her to accept their fate or something. I expect the first half of episode 15 to be really hard to watch. 

• Like 8

Let's dissect CLOY's intro and and see if we can find anything interesting as we search for hints towards its ending. :)

Intro opens to scenes showing RJH and Se Ri going through their mundane life separately in worlds apart. [Incidentally, in my other forum, where we mostly talk about tecnical stuff like politics, location, and more NK politics LOLzzz, I wrote about how some elements of CLOY could have been inspired from the US TV series Fringe and Star Trek with its depiction of parallel worlds under opposing circumstances and the importance of the bridge to "bridge" both worlds, as well as to cut off that link when necessary. If you've seen Fringe episode 20 of season 4 entitled "Worlds Apart", you know what I mean.]

HjhuW9L.png

sXjlM5q.png

XmOQ5Ru.png

Next shots then show them stepping into each other's designated South Korea and North Korea left and right panels after crossing paths in Switzerland in the middle panel filmed in Lindenhof Hill, Zurich.

SuY4WqU.png

E0RVRkK.png

Up until this point, we know what has happened so far. What is interesting are the following scenes. One scene has one of the NK ahjummas rushing to step out of the NK panel only to emerge on the SK panel on the right as Se Ri's second brother Se-hyung, the bad one.

agIqGLX.png

Then it's followed by Pyu Chi Su doing the same and he comes onto the SK panel on the right as Se-hyung's wife Sang-ah. What could this possibly mean? Does it suggest defection on the part of the ahjumma and PCS? Or one of the ducklings and one of the ahjummas? 

BvuMVLd.png

09VoKUT.png

Afterwards, we see both RJH and Se Ri walk down separate paths by the Swiss Lake Brienz. Then the panel division disappears to reveal that they are in one place. Both dressed in business suits with RJH's hair brushed up into a modern textured quiff denoting passage of time. Then they smile and look at each other. Intro ends. 

kGc7naS.png

duwMnNs.png

What does the last scene suggest? Meeting again in Switzerland is one big possibility. It is interesting to note that this scene was filmed on the other side of the lake, not far (a biking distance) from the dock where we saw RJH play the piano as Se Ri was passing by aboard the Interlaken cruise boat in Iseltwald. So can we speculate that after a separation, they return to Iseltwald, where their love story began? 

===========

As I posted earlier, it doesn't matter where it ends. The issue in not the location but RJH's citizenship. I like a Switzerland ending, but that won't technically make sense if RJH remains a North Korean. 

• Like 10
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jamy47 said:

Even if JH is harsh with Seri to protect her, he will not overdo it. I dont think he is able to hurt her like that. He will start doing it and the moment she cries, he will stop and maybe just tell her to accept their fate or something. I expect the first half of episode 15 to be really hard to watch. 

I understand what you're saying. I think the first half will be hard to watch too. I think JH is always abandoning Se-ri. And I think that makes her sad. But why do you think the first half of episode 15 will be really hard to watch?

Edit: Did Cho Cheol Gang shoot JH?

Edited by 2handsintertwined
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, sybof said:

Even though I don't think we need anymore noble idocracy stuff but yes maybe this scene will mirror the scene at GSJ house, when Seri was being mean to JH when he came to take her home...Through their words we can once again see how much they are in love with each other!! 

Writer-nim you can put us through all the angst today, I will not be angry with you but not tomorrow PLEASE!!!!

The easy way to resolve this would be for her to react to her injury or faint from injury and stress ... RJH will turn into putty :wub:.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

Clearing all the problem in the first half.

Riri couple married and having kids on second half. 

And all happy ending for other side character. 

I am in!

Yes even if it's 4 hours but filled with juicy material, tear jerkings moments, LOL moments and best of happiness moments I won't complain. I am so glad we have a 1h51min finale.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, campanulah said:

What does the last scene suggest? Meeting again in Switzerland is one big possibility. It is interesting to note that this scene was filmed on the other side of the lake, not far (a biking distance) from the dock where we saw RJH play the piano as Se Ri was passing by aboard the Interlaken cruise boat in Iseltwald. So can we speculate that after a separation, they return to Iseltwald, where their love story began? 

I'm sorry to cut your post. I like what you said about the beginning of the opening. I think ending of the opening suggests that Se-ri and JH live in Switzerland. I think it's the first place they met. JH asked Se-ri to take a photo of him and Seo Dan. Se-ri wanted to end her life. And she was passing on the boat and she heard him play the piano. But the question is, won't he get in trouble at home?

4 minutes ago, Elle R said:

The easy way to resolve this would be for her to react to her injury or faint from injury and stress ... RJH will turn into putty :wub:.

LOL! I can imagine this. 

Edit:

@commiecommodore When will it drop on Netflix? I don't know! I was wondering the same thing. You mean ep 15 right? I live in the U.S. so I use Netflix to watch it. Maybe it'll drop at night?

Edited by 2handsintertwined
  • Like 4

50 minutes ago, J13 said:

Oh no, he is going to have to be stern to SR so as not to implicate her :bawling:  I just have to remember that SR is clever so hopefully she isn’t fooled by his words, no matter how harsh they may be.

I also have to remember this drama is fast paced so I’m sure they will move past this situation within the first half of the episode. 

I also need to prepare myself for an epic cliffhanger at the end of episode 15 which will make my mind go into overdrive, overthinking every possible ending before we finally get to the end! What a whirlwind the next day and a half is going to be!

Yes hopefully she will see thru him the way he saw thru her trying to send him away when he  came to SJK to take her back....as someone said it's sacrificial love!

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, jamy47 said:

However if the cliffhanger tomorrow is a positive one or one that isnt so bad 

I don’t think so LOL it’s never that kind to us!!

13 minutes ago, sybof said:

Even though I don't think we need anymore noble idocracy stuff but yes maybe this scene will mirror the scene at GSJ house, when Seri was being mean to JH when he came to take her home...

Very clever!!!! At some point I stopped monitoring the parallelism, but this is exactly it. Also after she was hospitalized, like when he came so weak after being in hospital. This writer must be employing this writing technique I wish someone would ask her during an interview!

• Like 5

OSEN | 2020. 02. 14. 9:06 PM

Son Ye Jin and Hyun Bin create extreme tension in new photo of "Crash Landing on You"

202002150910778297_5e47380428961.jpg

Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin are raising tension of "Crash Landing on You" with a dramatic confrontation.

In episode 15 broadcast at 9 pm (KST) February 15 of the Sat-Sun drama "Crash Landing on You" (screenwriter: Park Ji Eun/ director: Lee Jung Hyo/ producer: Culture Depot, Studio Dragon), Hyun Bin (as Ri Jeong Hyeok) and Son Ye Jin (as Yoon Se Ri), the couple who were once again in danger when facing Oh Man Seok (as Cho Cheol Gang), are attracting viewers' attention when creating an unusual atmosphere.

Earlier, for saving Ri Jeong Hyeok (played by Hyun Bin) when he was facing Cho Cheol Gang's (played by Oh Man Suk) gun, Yoon Se Ri (played by Son Ye Jin) was hit by a bullet and fainted. She lost consciousness and didn't wake up for a while. But as soon as she opened her eyes, she was reunited with Ri Jeong Hyeok. The two expressed their sincere love for each other in tears, thereby proving the passionate love in which they are not afraid to sacrifice for each other.

However, the photo published today has made viewers feel unbelievably tense. Different from usual, in this photo, the "Double Ri" couple are staring at each other in a frozen atmosphere. A Ri Jeong Hyeok with serious eyes combining with Yoon Se Ri's expression as she stares at him with a gaunt face makes viewers feel an ineffable danger.

In particular, at the end of episode 14, after meeting Cho Cheol Gang to negotiate, Ri Jeong Hyeok was surrounded and then cornered by the National Intelligence Service. The audience is looking forward to today's episode to learn about what made Ri Jeong Hyeok sit in front of Yoon Se Ri with a serious expression and whether the long conflict with Cho Cheol Gang has come to an end.

OSEN = Reporter Choi Na Young /nyc@osen.co.kr
Photo = tvN
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, 2handsintertwined said:

I'm sorry to cut your post. I like what you said about the beginning of the opening. I think ending of the opening suggests that Se-ri and JH live in Switzerland. I think it's the first place they met. JH asked Se-ri to take a photo of him and Seo Dan. Se-ri wanted to end her life. And she was passing on the boat and she heard him play the piano. But the question is, won't he get in trouble at home?

Exactly the question. I wrote at the end of the post that location is not the issue at hand, but RJH's citizenship. If a NK passport allows him to travel freely without needing to ask for NK government's approval of where he wants to go to, then fine. If he even gets to be issued one given how he's going to ruffle a lot of NK officials' feathers when he exposes their dirty activities. And even if let's say he remains on their good side, uses his privilege as the son of one of the most powerful men in NK, his moves will still be heavily monitored abroad to make sure that he does not meet outside of official functions someone from the enemy country South Korea. If that's the case, how can "sleeping" with the enemy be possible then? LOL. 

Just to add, if RJH defects though, it doesn't need to be to South Korea although it's the easiest route since SK constitution recognizes North Koreans as SK citizens. He can defect to many other countries available. Probably just not the European ones like Switzerland since European countries would still direct RJH to the SK embassy in recognition of that specific provision in SK's constitution. Plus, it would be difficult to prove "political persecution" as reason for seeking political asylum in Europe when in the first place he has been given permission by the NK government to travel to Europe. A chosen group of NK individuals granted this rare chance to travel that far are hardly the persecuted ones. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

I am afraid the ending will be one of those endings that leave you hanging and disappointed. No closure at all. Which I hate very much.

However, it would really be totally awesome if the writer is able to make the ending a believable one in which Ri Jeong Hyuk and  Yoon Seri are able to stay together in South Korea, married and living a happy live with kids.

But of course, this is wishful thinking since how can a North Korean be able to live a peaceful and legitimate life in South Korea without his family who are left in NK and will undoubtedly be in danger or be killed. Unless they all defect to SK :blush::o the plus 5 hahaha.

Ri Jeong Hyuk can also fake his death, why not? and be able to stay in SK with another identity (but this is still living in fear and for sure many will want to divulge that secret for their own ends so not reall feasible.

I hope the ending will be a good one with closure.  Hanging endings are just for movies with sequels and  is so not acceptable with dramas. :crazy:

• Like 6

RJH was not shot. He looked ok. I do not think that he will push her away. He has to go back to NK to help his dad. SR has to go with him as his father said. She will open SeRi choice in NK and help the army financially. They will live happy ever after in both countries.  Patents on both sides will help them. Ha ha ha cannot wait to see their wedding. 

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, commiecommodore said:

When will it drop on the US Netflix? Anyone know?

Around 9am Eastern, I believe it airs from 9-10 pm in SK and goes on Netflix an hour after that..with the episodes being longer I don't know if it makes a difference. 

It's been my perfect weekend mornings for the past many weeks, a hot new episode to start my day..gonna miss this! 

• Like 4