[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

“i still have more to say. there’s something i haven’t told you. i love you. i love you, yoon seri.” — ri jeong hyeok to seri

He admitted his love to her in the most difficult moment

img.gif

img.gif

E07/13

img.gif

cr. untitled

So Ri Jeong Hyeok has a dual citizenship? Looking at these documents, he is also a Chinese citizen . This means he can stay in South Korea for real!

Spoiler

• Like 18
  • Shocked 1

55 minutes ago, Favnia said:

I know I was kinda grumpy when I heard that Seri will be in the hospital, as I thought that we didn't need to escalate the stakes, what we have IS enough, but it was executed SO well.  I was impressed by everything in the final  - the way the scene was shot, the way F4 rushed to Seri, and absolutely incredible acting performance from Hyun Bin. This scene broke my heart in the most beautiful way.

I loved how they were all so in sync in the acting department. For relatively newbie actors, it would have been really hard to keep up with such veterans as Son Ye Jin and Hyun Bin but all the ducklings delivered their character's heartbreak and panic at par with the OTP. The scene looked like a classic kdrama masterpiece.

• Like 17

48 minutes ago, imels said:

https://bitchesoverdramas.com/2020/02/07/crash-landing-on-you-on-mothers-and-sun/

@packmule3, thanks for your deep thinking about YSR relationship with her mom. I never think she is not her mother’s biological child. But, what made me do not understand why the mother not show up eventhough we knew that she had been at the beach and watched SR counting numbers.

I hope ep 14 will be the revelation what is SR true relationship to both parents?

I could be wrong too, you know. Maybe she IS a vile stepmom.

All I know is the women in this kdrama are portrayed as long-suffering (except for sisters-in-law) and her mom, with her-rimmed eyes and seething anger, is one of them. 

See you later. :)

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

@Phoenix88  so everyone in this drama have duel nationality or what :joy::mrgreen: 

they should have make oppa British too rather than second lead :phew:

15 minutes ago, Phoenix88 said:

Seriously have you seen how good looking Captain Ri is on His ID and Passport??? Just saying...:love:

@Ameera Ali i know right maybe hes fluent in Chinese :joy:

The passport is fake... It's written as LEE probably to cover his identity as a North Korean (Lee = Ri... So using RI would be a dead give away that he's a North Korean)... China is chosen because it's easier for him to return to NK via China if he has Chinese passport... Remember that CCK is also disguised as Chinese-Korean to get a job in Seri's Company...

And that little card is Korean's resident card. Mine is blue though...what visa type has that color.. Hmmm... A more permanent one? 

@trixie1029 it's impossible... 

And ps: NK doesn't recognise dual citizenship 

• Like 10
  • Insightful 7
  • Thanks 1

I watched a few clips prior to viewing the full episode and felt underwhelmed ... but watching the episode from start to finish I couldn't help but be reminded of how heartwarming this series really is. Even Seri's analogy about Bambi and being able to take care of herself ... so good. Really simple dialogue that hit the right spots. There's such sweetness and depth in not only the central love story but also in the family they've created. A hug or kiss on the bridge would have been nice, but CLOY reminds me of those classic Korean and Thai dramas of old when maybe in an episode of 20 there was one kiss. ... that yearning for more. At least we know HB and SYJ have perfected eye sex :lol:.

A few things:

1. I was a fan of SYJ when this show started ... but man, it will be ashame if HB does not bring home any awards for his performance. So raw. Both of them.

2. I'm a little surprised they didn't promote Choi Ji-Woo's cameo a little more ... A little cheesy but then I felt like I'd be the same dorky self if I were in the same position meeting HB or SYJ :lol:.

3. Pyo Chi Su has always been my fav because of the banter ... loved his open admiration in this episode.

4. This show has the best music ... each song is perfectly chosen to heighten the mood of each scene.

5. And a little HB / SYJ fangirling moment - loved seeing unscripted shots of them in the car (oh hi, HB dimples) and also of SYJ pretty much arm slapping HB during the soccer match ... we all know in BTS that's more of SYJ move than Seri :lol:.

• Like 14
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, L A said:

P/S 2: Does any one find that soccer watching scene so emotional? To me nothing reunites the citizens and raises the spirit of the nation more than an international football match. My eyes were wet seeing how they were all  in unison rooting for Korea against Japan. It could be a hint about a united Korea in the near future if the writer wants to walk down the fantasy path. It also reflects our writer's subtle wish and of course almost all Koreans to live in a united country.

Hmmm... writer-nim... what are you trying to tell us? Choi Ji Woo wrote JuMok that they should see each other again. Jumok also hinted once that the only way he could see Choi Ji Woo is through reunification. NK and SK citizens chanting for Korea vs Japan. Seri kept saying the words "after reunification" in the earlier episodes. The way RJH said, "I want to marry you HERE."

Is One Korea possible? Could it be true? In Choi Ji Woo I trust.

• Like 9
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2

42 minutes ago, Site Admin said:

I loved how they were all so in sync in the acting department. For relatively newbie actors, it would have been really hard to keep up with such veterans as Son Ye Jin and Hyun Bin but all the ducklings delivered their character's heartbreak and panic at par with the OTP. The scene looked like a classic kdrama masterpiece.

Woow this thread is moving even faster now!

@Site AdminOh I forgot to praise the newbies (actors who are not famous across kdrama world actors - to be fair, I don't know how new they are to acting), everyone was just organic in their roles, and I am impressed by their chemistry with each other, I honestly forget these are actors acting, and that's how you know the actors do a fantastic job. And of course, if you look that they have so many good scenes with the veteran actors (Son Ye Jin and Hyun Bin), it's even more impressive how they are challenging each other for the best performance. And I like how all the actors just fit their roles, and they don't exaggerate their performances. Every line is important, every glance just makes sense! I will definitely check out their next projects and hope all of them to have a successful acting career. Because what I saw this episode is high quality performance. I was fully in CLOY world.

• Like 15

https://www.soompi.com/article/1382031wpp/choi-ji-woo-makes-cameo-appearance-in-crash-landing-on-you-recreates-iconic-stairway-to-heaven-scene

Choi Ji Woo Makes Cameo Appearance In “Crash Landing On You” + Recreates Iconic “Stairway To Heaven” Scene

Feb 8, 2020
by S. Park
Choi Ji Woo Makes Cameo Appearance In “Crash Landing On You” + Recreates Iconic “Stairway To Heaven” Scene

Choi Ji Woo made a memorable cameo appearance in “Crash Landing on You”!

On the February 8 episode of the series, Kim Joo Muk (played by Yoo Soo Bin) finally met the Korean drama goddess of his dreams.

In “Crash Landing on You,” Kim Joo Muk is a North Korean soldier who is a huge fan of South Korean dramas. After watching her popular 2003 drama “Stairway to Heaven,” he is a fan of actress Choi Ji Woo in particular.

In the latest episode of the drama, Yoon Se Ri (played by Son Ye Jin) asked Kim Joo Muk to go out to run an errand, adding that he should dress up to look nice. When he arrived at the location given to him by Yoon Se Ri, he saw Choi Ji Woo sitting by the window. He rubbed his eyes in disbelief before tearing up at the sight of his favorite actress sitting before him.

Yoo-Soo-Bin-Choi-Ji-Woo.jpg

After Kim Joo Muk sat down across from her, Choi Ji Woo said, “Se Ri doesn’t usually ask for favors like this, but she begged me, saying that she would ask a favor just this once. She said that she has a few younger friends that she loves the most in this world and that you are one of them.”

She continued, “I heard that you came from really far away to see me. Thank you so much.” Hearing this, Kim Joo Muk tearfully replied, “No problem.”

Choi-Ji-Woo_2.jpg

When she asked him if there was anything he wanted to tell her, Kim Joo Muk brought up a famous line from “Stairway to Heaven.” He began, “You said that people who love each other eventually meet, right? No matter how far you go…” and Choi Ji Woo quoted, “Love returns in the end.” Kim Joo Muk fervently nodded in agreement with tears in his eyes. “Yes, that’s right,” he said. “Love returns.”

Reenacting “Stairway to Heaven” star Kwon Sang Woo‘s iconic scene from the 2005 MBC drama “Sad Love Story,” Kim Joo Muk then lowered his beanie in front of his eyes to hide his tears before enjoying his date with his favorite actress.

Spoiler

Choi-Ji-Woo_3.jpg

Choi Ji Woo got married in March 2018 to a non-celebrity working in the IT industry and is currently pregnant with her first child. She is due to give birth in May.

Source (1)

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 10
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1

One of my few concerns is the SEXUAL TENSION build up that the writer & PD are doing in CLOY, with the audience and the main leads. I was watching Ep. 13 with my parents and my mum asks my dad and I, “Is she dead?!” You can imagine my annoyance. I’m already frustrated as it is with the lack of major skin ship in this epi, with just hand/finger rubs to console my aching heart for the leads to just actually just make out and then you get asked an annoying question...

Anyhow, I don’t have any issues as of yet because the episode was executed well. BTW, this is the most action scenes I’ve ever watched in a RomCom in my 18+ yrs of watching KDramas. 

What I appreciated in this episode: (in any order)

. SeRi not forgetting to love on the Ducklings and Man Bok by telling them that they could enjoy themselves with whatever they want with her AmEx

. Finally that couple ring! All that love oozing out from their eyes. No wonder I’ve always considered watching SYJ and HB dramas and this is the reason why. I stopped watching MotA on episode 5 though lol! The story line didn’t grow on me. 

. RJH telling SeRi that she is his type as well, obviously on another bridge (echoing that Switzerland scene). I was gushing over that scene because he reveals to her that they’ve met before and that everything is destiny. Btw, the writer has a thing about destinies...ie. MLFAS and LOTS

. RJH asking Man Bok the reason why he was crying and Man Bok telling him that CCK sought him out and talked to him about his plans. 

. That KICKASS PLAN! Even though it cost an injury on SeRi

. HA! Enjoying the awkwardness of SD and GSJs scenes - SDs mum, uncle and the village ahjummas

. The ending monologue: YSRs flashbacks are about RJH. And then RJH commenting that he still has something to tell her, “I love you, YSR”. Gosh...the most crucial time. This is why you should tell someone you love them everyday *tsk* 

. BBQ Olive chicken scene: The younger ones watching the match on tv between Korea and Japan and you see how Korea is one country and that it doesn’t matter if you are from NK or SK, it becomes unified when it is facing one “enemy”. 

. The writer continually adding reunification in her plot lines. Wow. 

. Man Bok standing up in front of CCK with that gun and actually pulling the trigger on him (even with CCK smirking at him). We don’t know if the baddie is dead but I’m happy to see that even though Man Bok is terrified, he stood up for himself, his family and friends. That in itself deserves an applause. 

So, I enjoyed this episode as much as I enjoyed the previous episodes. Everything seems to be going into a full circle. I’m also hoping for a happy ending. Like I’ve said before, the writer’s ending with MLFAS was petitioned by the audience to be better so they had an Ep. 21 epilogue just for that. In LOTS, the plot had amnesia written in the end when the mermaid leaves. But the main lead actor remembers her. So, I’m wishing for the best. With just 16 episodes, I hope the writer and screen writer will not disappoint us.

I just want fireworks...is that too much to ask?! :bawling:

Back to my school readings....

Edit: I forgot! 

. SeRi is the queen of keeping promises. She kept her promise to have one of the ducklings have a meal with Choi Ji Woo (Stairway to Heaven). I haven’t seen Stairway in years but for sure I haven’t forgotten the OST lol! Oh! Someone posted a side by side of the dramas together and i thought the 360 camera angle always made me laugh. That was big in the early 2000s when the drama leads are also kissing haha! Btw, underneath all that facade, SeRi is really kind, generous, thoughtful, etc. But she didn’t show it because of past hurts. Way to go YSR! 

• Like 16
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, Helena said:

When she asked him if there was anything he wanted to tell her, Kim Joo Muk brought up a famous line from “Stairway to Heaven.” He began, “You said that people who love each other eventually meet, right? No matter how far you go…” and Choi Ji Woo quoted, “Love returns in the end.” Kim Joo Muk fervently nodded in agreement with tears in his eyes. “Yes, that’s right,” he said. “Love Return”

emmm...:love: somehow hinted to CLOY ending perhaps...

Edited by stroppyse
Please do not quote images/gifs/videos. Thanks.
  • Like 9
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 2