[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

3 minutes ago, Annie123 said:

Hello

Since it is my first time watching kdrama in real time 

I just wanted to ask if its normal for a kdrama to pause its norma broadcasting for a week or two?

It is the second time for a hiatus in just a month. 

It is just i am anxious to see what will happen next!

Thanks

It’s normal when there is celebration. This week they paused because it’s Lunar New Year. N the earlier Paused is to give breaks to the cast n crews as they have been shooting non-stop for months 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, luffie said:

The RING? Aaah, I thought HB forgot to take off his wedding band (to SYJ) during filming! :lol:

@luffie We can only dream! 

@YuSanSeul Reading about your thoughts maid my heart full of hope... I know it’s just a drama, and they are just characters in a story, and all of this is clinically designed to entertain we, the viewers, but... What a masterpiece! Our writer-nim is really doing an incredible job! 

@L A Thank you, for sharing this beautiful song!! I'm an OST junkie and I was looking everywhere for this piece! 

@Ashleigh Adams our post was incredible! I think most of us feel the same way but couldn't write any better than you did! Thanks for sharing! 

@blue_fleurs and @mouse007 really enjoyed your thoughts about the kite. I've been rewatching everything and at first I didn't pay attention to the meaning of what the kite could be/symbolized. 

It's going to be a long week, comrades! 

Let's hope for a lot of juicy info until Saturday comes! 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, INeedAFan said:

To be honest, there is a slim chance the ring is SD and RJH’s engagement ring. The writer has made it clear that there is no hope in their engagement. I don’t think the writer would have entertained such an idea again.

I agree. In episode 10, even Dan's mother thought that Dan deserved better than JH who CLEARLY doesn't want to marry her. And I'm also pretty sure that SJ's speech about how her 'love' has become an obsession has ring home. And even in the episode 11 preview, Dan was saying something about getting revenge (crying tears of blood). I may be wrong, but it sounded like she was finally over JH, and maybe even broke off the engagement. 

I am with the theory that SR may have had to introduce JH as a fiancee rather than bodyguard. Because in the episode 11 preview when she brings JH home, her brother and sister in law come over and she tell JH to hide. But what if they find him and she gives him the same cover story that he gave her in NK. And because her father wants to give Queens Group to her, he may insist that they get married/engaged soon, hence the ring. 

• Like 11

3 hours ago, YuSanSeul said:

Episode 10, whilst not filled with swoon-worthy OTP moments, (I admit, I was one of them that thought the episode was a little lacklustre compared to the rest, INITIALLY), was packed with more insight to our leading man and lady as they are now apart and left to ponder about their emotions they were swept up in in their short period spent together. 

I found Ep 10 very good written and directed.
Before watching it, I was doubtful if I would fully enjoy it since I knew upfront that OTP was separated and I am not fond of time jumps or separation periods hahaha. That been said, I was pleasantly surprised with episode 10!!! The time flied again while watching it! I didn’t feel the 90 mins again! 

I liked that his brother’s arc was resolved and that we watched them trying to focus on their own lives and personal fights while they are longing for each other.

And, I loved that writer-nim still surprised us adding a couple of sweet OTP scenes (in the form of remembrance). :heart: I really love everything about this drama!!! The symbolisms are great also (the kite for example)

Edit: Regarding JH-SD engagement, to me it’s already broken. He was very clear to her about his feelings and his actions after that are even clearer, he even went to the frontline again. SD seems to me like a woman with selfpride so yeah,... that engagement is broken. Also, JH’s parents know that his son loves deeply SR, they won’t continue with the plan of marrying him to SD.

• Like 11

43 minutes ago, Ss79 said:

I am with the theory that SR may have had to introduce JH as a fiancee rather than bodyguard. Because in the episode 11 preview when she brings JH home, her brother and sister in law come over and she tell JH to hide. But what if they find him and she gives him the same cover story that he gave her in NK. And because her father wants to give Queens Group to her, he may insist that they get married/engaged soon, hence the ring. 

Yes, I agree. Do you remember the first episode’s beginning? It was made very clear, from the first scenes, that SR was incredibly high-profile in SK. She is followed by paparazzi. This makes me curious of how they will handle RJH suddenly appearing in her life after her disappearance, especially as she was found near the border of NK. The trailer for the 11th episode also noted how RJH was blogged about for hanging around her. I’m betting he and his NK friends and family would rather he keep a low profile, and what he is doing will not be low profile. Just the publicity around RJH and SR will make the episode very interesting...

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Ss79 said:

I am with the theory that SR may have had to introduce JH as a fiancee rather than bodyguard

3 hours ago, Ashleigh Adams said:

Yes, I agree. Do you remember the first episode’s beginning? It was made very clear, from the first scenes, that SR was incredibly high-profile in SK.

Mmm, it could be. At the end of episode 10, SR’s meditation was about going through the same since the beginning. What if this includes being introduced as fiancé :blush:

• Like 7

17 hours ago, forsaken629 said:

well anyway, am I the only one who's dreading the next separation of our RiRi, it was heartbreaking on episode 9 but I will bet it will be much more heartbreaking when they have to say their goodbyes again

17 hours ago, sussieh said:

Oh! You are not alone, I am trying to prepare myself to their next goodbye scene. :dissapointed_relieved: because I also think that they will be another one and much more painful to watch. BUT... BUT, I think that they will meet again (without not many time gap) and stay together in Switzerland  :heart:.

Agreed with both that it's an exercise in itself to emotionally prepare for a second separation.  The more I think about it though, the next one will likely have a different foundation.  I think they will separate knowing that they will reunite 'at all costs' and that they just need to take care of other things before they can be together.  That would be much less heartbreaking than their initial separation which had "we'll never see each other or talk to each other again" as the foundation... which made it SO sad.

15 hours ago, mouse007 said:

It’s always so interesting to read how a single scene can be interpreted in many different ways depending on who’s watching. That’s what makes Soompi such a fun place to visit when watching a good drama. 

For me, the kite symbolized two things:

13 hours ago, c Cinc said:

This drama is littered with plenty of poignant and subtle symbolism. It's brilliant.

Yes I've enjoyed reading everyone's insight into different scenes and symbols!  We're so lucky.  I don't think I gave much thought into symbols in other k-dramas, and I haven't watched any of this writer's other dramas to know if she is known for the use of symbols throughout her stories.  In any case they are brilliant indeed.

4 hours ago, YuSanSeul said:

"I wonder, which one is love?"

Is it hoping that you are worrying for me, like I am for you? And wishing that you are pining for me like I am for you; Or

Is it wishing that you are not worrying about me, and you'll forget about me and all the moments we shared"; 

However, if it's neither,

Is it love if I am willing to experience everything all over again just so that I can meet you again?

Your entire post is so on point, it's everything I thought about the 'what is love?' scene.  Went to re-watch the scene and I must say SYJ's acting was so incredible (when she made eye contact with RJH), it lived up to the emotion that was required to follow such a thoughtful monologue!  This scene and the one where he held the candle up to find her at the market were probably my favourite scenes. 

• Like 12
  • Love 2

I cant wait to see what happens next! Just when we think we've figured it out it's totally different. That's one thing I can say for this drama for sure it's been refreshing to not be so cliche& to keep us guessing. Can't wait to see her jump into his arms for awesome hug! I love how he has softened because of her...actually they both have 

• Like 6

Nothing to do right now but rewatch the episodes. Currently on E08 and I'm still squealing everytime our OTP has their moments.

Feb. 1 is just a few days away but the waiting game is killing me. The spoiler photos taken from their location shoots are not making things better, too. I am getting impatient waiting to actually watch the shopping and the "Do you want to wash up?" scenes, and of course I'd like to know the story behind the ring.

Ugh.. it's also ironic that I want to speed up the days because I wanted to get a hold of the new episodes but also dreading for the series to end. This is actually the first k-drama I've watched in a very long time and I'm actually way past the stage where I binge-watch every drama available at a time. So after this, I might not be able to find a new one to help me move on from our OTP. *sigh*

• Like 10

5 hours ago, cybertron said:

really hope cloy can get 25%...

I thought it could potentially reach 20% and hoping 25%, however we also have to consider that it’s on TvN, paid tv station. Which means, viewership depends or limited on number subscribers only. Unlike dramas on SBS, KBS, MBC and other free or public tv stations have the whole population as their viewers. 

Edited by triplem
Pls don’t quote images including IG. Thanks
  • Like 3

I’m personally loving every minute of this drama, every interaction between our OTP, every supporting character (yes even the big villain CCK), every BTS we’re given, every OST song (all of them have been on repeat mode), every comment and insight on this forum, and every moment of fun I have here. The CLOY team has done a wonderful job so far and I know that fans of this drama will support it nonetheless. Higher ratings is just icing on the cake!

Edited to add these cute and funny pics from TVN’s official IG account. Are they wishing us a happy new year?

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1