[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

I mean what happen that's leading to this almost live shooting schedule. I feel this drama was given many months lead way,  more so than others we seen in the past and yet they are behind even with  this 2 weeks delays in between airing too. 

Someone need to stop these practice and say enough is enough. Maybe Netflix will be big enough and enforce some rules when they invest on Korean drama. This is not safe.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, INeedAFan said:

And I wish everyone stops talking about ratings :crazy:. Just enjoy the show. The world wouldn’t crumble even if this drama records lower ratings. They have done better than what was expected.

I think that's the issue :( if they didn't do so well, they wouldn't be pushed to their limits. But now there are articles talking about historical records - which is, thanks, but no thanks. But guess who actually orders these kind of articles?..There is a reason why everyone thinks this way and talks about it.

I really wish they would step back and see why everything the way it is - the delays, employees getting sick. Also Hyun Bin filming in the same clothes as the previous episode, which means they are still filming&editing episode 11. It's scary how tight their schedule is and I wouldn't be surprised if we'd get another break from the new episodes. They need to tone it down.

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, Favnia said:

I really wish they would step back and see why everything the way it is - the delays, employees getting sick. Also Hyun Bin filming in the same clothes as the previous episode, which means they are still filming&editing episode 11. It's scary how tight their schedule is and I wouldn't be surprised if we'd get another break from the new episodes. They need to tone it down.

I dont mind waiting for another week as long as both of them are healthy :cold_sweat:  although im going to be crazy and keep rewatching all the episode, video, news :D 

• Like 11

Why are they still late in filming for the show? It is weird because it's the second time the show is not airing so that should have given them more time to advance filming, i actually thought they were filming the end of the show by now since that extra filming time they got but no it seems they are STILL filming episodes 11 & 12. It must be the scripts being late, i see no other reason. 

• Like 6

https://www.soompi.com/article/1379538wpp/son-ye-jins-agency-reassures-fans-after-hospital-visit-while-filming-crash-landing-on-you

Son Ye Jin’s Agency Reassures Fans After Hospital Visit While Filming “Crash Landing On You”

Son Ye Jin’s Agency Reassures Fans After Hospital Visit While Filming “Crash Landing On You”

Jan 26, 2020
by J. Lim

MSteam Entertainment has responded to reports about Son Ye Jin’s health.

On January 27, reports emerged that Son Ye Jin had been taken to the emergency room while filming tvN’s “Crash Landing on You” due to being overworked.

In response, a source from her agency explained, “Son Ye Jin visited the emergency room due to built-up fatigue from filming her drama. She has received the necessary treatment and has returned to the drama set. It was not a serious illness, she was feeling fatigued from filming.” They went on to say, “The reason she had to go to the emergency room is because regular hospital services were closed as it is a public holiday today.”

A source from the staff of “Crash Landing on You” also explained, “Son Ye Jin took a brief visit to the hospital during the holidays as she was feeling under the weather. She has now returned to the set of the drama.”

Son Ye Jin currently appears alongside Hyun Bin in tvN’s “Crash Landing on You,” and the drama has been enjoying great success, hitting their highest viewership ratings on January 19 at 14.6 percent.

We hope Son Ye Jin is feeling much better!

Source (1) (2) (3)

Top Photo Credits: Xportsnews.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

I pray for every staff's well being, whether is it Son Yejin, Hyun Bin or anyone on the set. May everyone be safe and sound and healthy. No matter what, health comes first.

I hope Son Yejin recovers soon!! I think she has been holding on for many weeks now. She looked pretty tired on the day of the press con and during the various interviews done, but she was very professional and made sure to smile for the audience. Actors are also human and they need to get sufficient rest! I have been saying this for years - Korea should stop this live filming thing to "get feedback from viewers". I don't think they would ever stop it though, which is sad to think about it.:tears:

• Like 10
  • Love 2

In some other news article it said today was a day off (new year day) so she decided to go to the ER today, then returned to work.  Regardless, what immense efforts to make this drama, hope SYJ is doing OK and better now!  I'm not familiar with the k-drama filming style and only recently learned about it, but I wonder if the cast & crew are filming excessively (especially scenes in episodes as close as the very next one) because they are sticklers and perfectionists and will re-film scenes if that's what it takes to portray it "correctly" despite financial costs.  Normally I can appreciate that but coming at the expense of the team's health is really rough.  Wouldn't mind 1 episode a week instead of 2, honestly.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

12 minutes ago, jamy47 said:

It must be the scripts being late, i see no other reason. 

No it is not. You can check Seo Ji Hye’s instagram. She posted a picture of her and the script for episode 12 a week ago (I think). 

Maybe cut the running time? It’s 1:20++

@blue_fleurs Yeah me too. Once a week is ok.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, blue_fleurs said:

.  Wouldn't mind 1 episode a week instead of 2, honestly.

That is a great idea! That way they would have time to edit, keep the ratings and the team wouldn't be rushed at the expense of health. And us - the viewers - would be happy getting new content as well. 

• Like 5

It's a weekend drama and the format is two day weekend , this has been their way of doing in S Korea forever, they wont change it now for one drama plus TvN already locked in the spot for this drama, they have nothing to replace it with, it's not something they can just change like that. They would lose so much money.

• Like 5

I know this drama has attracted lot of attention and they have to keep changing the script to avoid unnecessary controversy in that case instead of rushing to complete the shooting for two episodes I wish they just go for one episode a week or take a break again.  Health comes first and judging from the fan pics it looks like they were filming for episode 11/12 till yesterday. Drama is already popular enough so I am sure people are willing to wait. I hope this serves as a wake up call to the production house and  the channel and they make sure both cast and crew's health is taken care of.

• Like 5

I am pretty sure they know what they are doing.. this is an entertainment business anyway and at the end of the day, there are several factors to consider before they decide anything. I pray that all crews esp Ye Jin & Hyun Bin are okay and be taken care of at the shooting set. Fighting!! :heart:

• Like 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, INeedAFan said:

And I wish everyone stops talking about ratings :crazy:. Just enjoy the show. The world wouldn’t crumble even if this drama records lower ratings. They have done better than what was expected.

I think everyone here talks about ratings not because we ourselves need high ratings but because we thought they deserve high ratings and Hyun Bin wished for high ratings. If anything, seems like many of us on this forum are not living in Korea and do not have the ability to rate :( I'm sure most of you on this forum love love love this drama regardless of what the numbers are.

Let's hope that SYJ recover soon and the cast and crew can have all the rest they need to maintain proper health. 

And hope the crew has some free time to glance at this forum to know that we care about them and we truly root for them.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

45 minutes ago, Favnia said:

That is a great idea! That way they would have time to edit, keep the ratings and the team wouldn't be rushed at the expense of health. And us - the viewers - would be happy getting new content as well. 

Yes. Actually, I would prefer that because we could savor it more and it could last longer. And oh my God, the show isn’t everything. Health, happiness, and regular R&R are so much more important. They come first. The show would also be at its best quality, because the cast and crew would be in their best shape.

19 minutes ago, jamy47 said:

It's a weekend drama and the format is two day weekend , this has been their way of doing in S Korea forever, they wont change it now for one drama plus TvN already locked in the spot for this drama, they have nothing to replace it with, it's not something they can just change like that. They would lose so much money.

Agree with this as well. This is a Korean overwork culture problem. It would need to be fixed at an industry-wide scale or yes, TVN would lose money. Hopefully with the expansion of the Korean entertainment industry will come more demands from international audiences to treat entertainers (whether actors, performers, etc.) and entertainment workers better.

Honestly, as much as I hate the hiatus, I hope they have at least one more so that the cast and crew will be under less pressure, can look after themselves, and take the filming process a bit easier (and keep the show a high-quality one).

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, Harry97 said:

I know this drama has attracted lot of attention and they have to keep changing the script to avoid unnecessary controversy ...

I am curious to know what this process looks like ... I was under the impression the entire series was already written and scripted out prior to the actors signing on.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Harry97 said:

I know this drama has attracted lot of attention and they have to keep changing the script to avoid unnecessary controversy in that case instead of rushing to complete the shooting for two episodes I wish they just go for one episode a week or take a break again.  Health comes first and judging from the fan pics it looks like they were filming for episode 11/12 till yesterday. Drama is already popular enough so I am sure people are willing to wait. I hope this serves as a wake up call to the production house and  the channel and they make sure both cast and crew's health is taken care of.

The high ratings and the popularity of the drama growing every weekend is definitely a gift and a curse. The attention is more and more on the entire production so to avoid drama they are probably editing all the scripts last minute i'm sure and it's delaying the filming schedule. We all felt episode 10 was rushed when it comes to wrapping up the brother plot and moving it to South Korea, they probably did that last minute to rush the characters in south korea so some people can calm down a bit. 

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, Elle R said:

I am curious to know what this process looks like ... I was under the impression the entire series was already written and scripted out prior to the actors signing on.

In case of live shoot dramas I think it's usually first 4 episodes that are already scripted later based on the audience feedback they write/edit the script to cater to the target audience. As for cloy I think some changes were made last minute and also the pressure must be more on them now considering a conservative Christian party in skorea accused them of glorifying NKorea. 

• Like 6