[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

1 hour ago, mouse007 said:

I forgot to add to my post above that I thought the drama inserting a little bit of Seo Dan and JH’s history was rather clever. What it said to me was that although SD had met JH earlier in life and despite all the many times he nodded at her, he didn’t really remember her or gave her much thought . So much so that when he saw her again in Switzerland, he didn’t even recognize her, as if he was meeting her for the very first time. And SD laments that he should’ve known who she was considering the many times they’ve met in the past. He clearly meant more to her than she did to him. 

in contrast, JH only met Seri once and very briefly - on the bridge when she was contemplating jumping off and yet despite that brief meeting, he never forgot her and recognized her when he saw her hanging from the tree (hence the smile in the epilogue and the scene where he pulls out his camera from the closet). 

I think the drama did a really good job of conveying that difference. JH only needed that brief encounter with Seri for her to have such a huge impact on him. 

So I just rewatched epilogue of bridge scene when he asked her to take their picture. I saw him try to take her pic before SD stepped in then when she was taking their pic& looked from behind camera to check him out he noted that &seemed happy about it then smiled at her  comment how he could do better....so do you think his answer to "who is your 1st love" would be the woman he met yrs ago in Switzerland or Seri? He didn't take her pic with camera she took theirs so maybe he was just reminiscing about Switzerland with the camera when he took coffee pot out. It's still just odd how he laughed to himself almost in unbelief when she told him how/when she heard song played if he had remembered her from then all this time

• Like 12

47 minutes ago, Site Admin said:

RJH clicked on it at the last moment. :o  He must have a copy of Seri's somewhere.

I know some people have shared that RJH remembers Seri, but man, I'm not convinced yet. I feel like I haven't fully gotten an answer on the bridge situation. When Seri shared that she heard him play the piano in Switzerland, he didn't have an expression that was kind of like, Yeah, it was me. It was more of a shock that he put the puzzle together that WOW that was her...I don't know, I'm not fully convinced that he remembers her until I see more evidence. I feel like the scene where they showed that they met before in Switzerland was too short.

Also when Seri asked him who his first love was, he didn't respond - was it her at the bridge or did he not have one? Uggh LOL

• Like 6
  • LOL 5

18 hours ago, emily_fling said:

Thank you for posting this pic of SR and RJH staring at each other at the Iseltwald lake!

I contemplated not posting about predictions but seeing how it's already being discussed... here goes!  This post is about a theory about what happened in Switzerland,  one that seems to be shared among others here.  It's a bit far-fetched which is why I didn't want to post it at the risk of it sounding like a fanfic. (But then again is it far-fetched for a K-drama...)

Anyway so the theory is based on the assumption that the picture @ the lake is not just another two-leads-stare-at-each-other so that a perfect k-drama promotional poster moment can be captured, but a moment that is followed by dialogue between the two leads, which we will eventually see later in the story.  Finally, the theory is loosely inspired by what happened in a hollywood film called The Vow (which, is based on a true story actually!)

So in total, we know of at least 3 encounters between RJH and SR in Switzerland:

(1)   Watching kites scene

(2)   Bridge (can you take a photo for me?) scene

(3)   Iseltwald lake piano scene

In all 3 scenes, we know for sure they talked in 1 (the bridge scene).  In the other 2 scenes, they stood at such proximity that it would only be realistic that they talked to each other, too.  We don't know this yet.  Assuming they did, RJH is a clever and quick-witted man such that it would be believable that he remembers SR from Switzerland. 

Through these encounters and scenes that we are not shown yet, I think perhaps they had developed a very short-term fondness for each other, both being Koreans visiting a foreign country.  Perhaps a little crush developed.  Nothing overwhelming, maybe a date or two before she had to go back home, but strong feelings for both.  Anyway then quite consistent with the turmoil SR was going through at the time, she may have suffered memory loss (I assume this is reasonable for someone who suffers trauma?) and they never saw each other again.  She remembers things selectively, like how she has been to Switzerland and tried to do what she set out to do.  She remembers the keys to the piano piece.  We know she's business-minded, but to be able to play a piano piece like that after just hearing it from afar? Hmmm.  Maybe he taught her.  

In any case, it may be that when RJH saw her again, he knew she didn't remember him, but he also knew that he had to send her back home safely.  Subconsciously, he went through their courtship again, and there begins chapter 2 of their love story, which is what we as the audience are being treated to.  This is the storyline of The Vow, when her husband had to make his wife (who suffered from amnesia) fall in love with him again. 

That's it!  Let's see if the analysis was all for nothing. Lol.

edit: whoops sorry I didn't know we couldn't quote pics!! 

Edited by blue_fleurs
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 8

Scenes I’m ready to see:

-SR showing RJHs team SK food and Sauvignon blanc she kept talking about

-the team member that loves SK dramas falling in love with an SK girl

-RJH witnessing how SRs family treats her

-SR showing him her daily life and coming to her work under guise of body guard

-RJH seeing SRs savage boss side

-dan and second male lead fully coupled together so they can continue to help uri main couple be together

• Like 14

On 1/25/2020 at 5:41 PM, blue_fleurs said:

She remembers things selectively, like how she has been to Switzerland and tried to do what she set out to do.  She remembers the keys to the piano piece.  We know she's business-minded, but to be able to play a piano piece like that after just hearing it from afar? Hmmm.  Maybe he taught her.  

In any case, it may be that when RJH saw her again, he knew she didn't remember him, but he also knew that he had to send her back home safely.  Subconsciously, he went through their courtship again, and there begins chapter 2 of their love story, which is what we as the audience are being treated to.  This is the storyline of The Vow, when her husband had to make his wife (who suffered from amnesia) fall in love with him again. 

Dude this is insane but I totally buy this. I was also thinking some sort of amnesia happened as well because in the brief conversation in the beginning with the comrades she was hinting that she would have amnesia and forget everything that happened in NK. Since this drama is hyper aware of all the k-drama tropes, I wouldn’t be surprised that this is foreshadowing what actually happened in Switzerland. 

EDIT: though, after rewatching ep 9 I don’t think he taught her the song because he said he played the song for the first and last time by the lake.

Edited by Chowchow
Obeying soompi rules
  • Like 8

Anyway, I have another theory that I’d like to share.

What if The Rat has a different assignment? We know that he’s chosen because of his help to uncover MH’s death. I am not saying that he would betray JH. Instead, he would help him according to what his speciality. Being a rat, he is the best at listening to others, could he be sent out to provide an evidence that Oh man suk is indeed in SK? Therefore, when people in NK find out that the six of them are in SK, he could provide an undisputed evidence that OMS is alive and in SK.

• Like 7

Found this posted by a fan on Weibo of what he or she would imagine the chat messages on Ri Jung Heok’s mobile phone would be like if they are all having mobile phones.

4E35854A-A0A0-4E25-B15F-BB55B6EBD21F_zps

Chat with My Seri:
JH: Will be home late tonight. Have dinner on your own.

SR: Again?

SR: This is second time this week.

SR: Jung Heok shi

SR: Jung Heok shi, do you know....

09E31A16-E197-4F3E-B053-A2ABF6AA8DE5_zps

JH: Mmm.

SR: Yue Sook sister said they are having fried chicken for dinner tonight.

JK: Mmm.

SR: It is a big chicken

SR: No worry. I am just talking to myself.

SR: Ignoring me again???

Spoiler

42A86B68-BEA1-4B69-9ECD-13AAB5AC3380_zps

Chat group with Company 5:
JH: I am going home early tonight.

GB: Got it.

ED: ?? Really Captain?

CS: Must be that woman again.

CS: That woman is causing trouble again?

JM: In South Korea, going home early is giving a nice surprise to your wife.

Spoiler

5EC7BBF7-7C56-42B8-9BDD-4BA5EA62E197_zps

JH: I am not giving a nice surprise.

ED: Seri sister will be very happy.

CS: That woman is being pampered too much.

JM: Pampering your wife is a trendy thing to do in South Korea.

ED: Captain really pampers Seri sister.

JH: I am not. Don’t know what you are talking about.

Spoiler

7838421B-B32B-485F-8F10-1037F9223110_zps

Chat with Gwang Beom:
JH: Gwang Beom

GB: Yes, Captain.

JH: After I leave, finish up the work for me.

GB: Will do. Can I ask why does Captain need to leave early?

JH: Seri wants to eat fried chicken.

GB: Yes, Captain.

• Like 1
  • LOL 15
  • Love 2

57 minutes ago, Chowchow said:

EDIT: though, after rewatching ep 9 I don’t think he taught her the song because he said he played the song for the first and last time by the lake.

Thought about this too!  That would still be true if he showed her how to play it at the lake on that same day.  The scenery switch from RJH's room to the lake seems to support this.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Wattttt :crazy: No swoon vid this week? I thought I have mastered the pattern

Drama - bts - the swoon - drama again :tounge_wink: I guess I was wrong... Anyway,  Happy Seollal / Lunar to all Korean/Chinese here. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

Happy Lunar New Year Comrades. 1 week down and we are  “only” 1 week away only to epi 11. Fighting!

Past 2days i try to relieve myself from  CLOY obsession, i started watching Her Private Life which i miss it last year. Hope RiRi couple will have same lovey dovey scene and happy ending like Her Private Life.  :wub:

• Like 4