Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

52 minutes ago, Heidi Seow said:

Looks like she gonna appear on next episode! :w00t:

.. ha ha...I see...I thought she appeared on tonight's episode :D

49 minutes ago, Ondine said:

It said "first love" in the translated relationship chart they released. In the text preview it said ex-girlfriend.

.. oh okay :D..hmm, I thought Park Yoo Na was that lady from ep. 3, so I had to go back again and watch it but looks different :) ..

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, lightbringer06 said:

.. ha ha...I see...I thought she appeared on tonight's episode :D

She did, towards the end, but only very briefly. :)

Here's Dramas With A Side of Kimchi's recap of episodes 3 and 4: https://dramaswithasideofkimchi.com/2019/07/26/chatty-recap-hotel-del-luna-ep-34/

They each gave their two cents on which ship they were on, Historic Hottie's vs Baby Oppa's (:lol:!) and Baby Oppa won by a landslide, 5:1. I'm totally on Team Baby Oppa too. :D

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

So at the ends of the day, Man Wol finals is already decided :tears:

Well when thus really happening is firm, Jieun favors unhappyending/ open ending in almost of her drama:relieved:

Nonetheless  HDL is so fun endearing, creepy but full of life lessons i think when the audience enjoy fullest each episode and felt  satisfied with the story, the acting the way director  indulging viewers with wonderful direction and cinematography whatever ending the writers presented would be accepted .

Let's the writers tell their stories.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

How to fighting like Jang Man wol the bandit 

How to savoring the long bored life as CEO Jang Man Wol

Of course all about Cars, champagne blink..blinks..and styyyyle :P

IMG-20190727-221504.jpg

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Ondine said:

She did, towards the end, but only very briefly. :)

Here's Dramas With A Side of Kimchi's recap of episodes 3 and 4: https://dramaswithasideofkimchi.com/2019/07/26/chatty-recap-hotel-del-luna-ep-34/

They each gave their two cents on which ship they were on, Historic Hottie's vs Baby Oppa's (:lol:!) and Baby Oppa won by a landslide, 5:1. I'm totally on Team Baby Oppa too. :D

..oh, she did..ha ha..thanks! :D

...there's even a ship?...LOL...there's only one as far as I know :P

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

"You'll also be send off by him"

"I will be your last guest"

"Go Chan Sung, don't be lonely after I left"

Dang! The Grim Reaper's and Man Wol's words kind of foretell the ending. :bawling:

So, did she actually died back then when she dragged the cart and found Guesthouse of the Moon? (come to think of it, only ghost / dead soul would be able to find Guesthouse of the Moon though). 

But, what did Ma Go means by "when the flower bloom and fall, you time will flow again"?

From what I understand from her words, it seems she meant that MW's time stay still at her age when she found Ma Go, and when the flower bloom and fall, she will start to age again. That was what I interpreted from Ma Go's words. 

But, this episode seems to suggest that MW time is up when the tree bloom its flower. Hmmmmm :tears:

I'm curious who did she get married to? 

I think someone powerful catch their gang, and found out that she is a woman, forced her to marry him in exchange for the life of others, especially Yeon Woo. 

Or, could it be Chun Myung? Something CM did must be putting harm to Yeon Woo that she was angered by the forced marriage? 

I prefer the first scenario though.

I think that the one that MW been waiting for is Yeon Woo.

She said Yeon Woo is the person who loved her the most in this world. 

I think CS's heart must've skipped a beat when MW asked him "Do you love me?". Awwww.. :heart:

The one who talked with MW under the tree was Yeon Woo. The one who related the tree and the house so MW could spend her old life as granny there was Yeon Woo. The one who said "It's okay if I die, if that meant to protect you" to MW was Yeon Woo. 

I think that was the symbolic representation of the tree at the hotel.

It could meant as the meeting point or like a landmark for Yeon Woo to come to MW. Maybe due to her rage at that time and rampant killings, she may have forgotten the crucial and real meaning of the tree. Instead, she only view the tree as the cursed tree that bind her to the place. 

The tree may also represents the state of MW's heart or memories. Since GCS came in, she has been reminded of her past memories bits by bits by CS and I think unknowingly, she already fell for CS. That feeling and CS might be the rain and the sun for the tree and the leaves start to grow again.

It is possible that Yeon Woo's soul is still wandering all this time, or he may have been reincarnated several times. But, because the tree is dying and not filled with bushy leaves, his soul might not be able to find the place and MW. The scent from the tree leaves or flower may be the thing that guide Yeon Woo's soul to MW. It is possible that they make MW left with Yeon Woo by CS send off at the end. But I rather not wish to see that kind of ending. CS will be left alone. He is just a human and not with heavenly power like Son Wu Kong In Hwayugi. So, I hope that would be changed into MW able to send off her friend(s) properly to heaven with CS by her side. 

I just wish the time flow would mean, she will just have to age again and be ordinary human, and spent the rest of her life with CS.

Gosh, I desperately wish it would not be a sad ending nor another open ending from Hong Sisters. :tired:

Edit: BTW, I wonder what chaos would the ghost from Room 13 cause in the human world since she managed to escape the room. MW's face seems to be worrying about that escaped ghost though. 

I like the twist in the story about the bride ghost though. I really thought the parents who request for soul marriage was the bride parents. Apparently it was the groom's parents.

I think MW must be secretly felt relieved that CS couldn't be the groom in the end since the bride ghost willingly cut the red string...kekekeke :rolleyes:

Edit 2: 

Another thing, the entrance of CS first love might stir up more of MW's memories of her past because she is the exact reincarnation of that princess she robbed with her gang in the past. There may be more stories in her past life which involved that princess. I wonder whether it would be a good memories or the very bad one. Hmmm..

Btw, I'm so much anticipating for the ending of episode 6. IU said in the Vlive interview that viewers should look forward to the great ending of episode 6. Now, I can't wait for tomorrow's episode! :w00t: 

(secretly wishing for a very passionate kiss as the ending..not another peck.. LOL! :phew:)

• Like 4
  • Love 2

I am still waiting for subs but reading that CS will be the one to send her off..that’s deep right there.

:bawling:

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

I am still waiting for subs but reading that CS will be the one to send her off..that’s deep right there.

:bawling:

I hope it won't have to be that way :bawling:

BTW, I just leisurely visit the drama site I frequent, and apparently the sub is already out an hour ago.

Talk about the enthusiasm of HDL subbing volunteers! Cheers to them! :w00t:

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, ellelyana88 said:

I hope it won't have to be that way :bawling:

BTW, I just leisurely visit the drama site I frequent, and apparently the sub is already out an hour ago.

Talk about the enthusiasm of HDL subbing volunteers! Cheers to them! :w00t:

I am really hoping that after all this trial and tribulations for our MW and CS..they don’t have to separate like that because that kind of farewell is so sad! And i know I won’t be able to handle watching it without tearing up :tears:

I am watching on a website right now since the subs are out (subbing volunteers are amazing!) but my internet is so slow that the episode keeps loading :astonished:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

finally watching it. I was not scared in ep 4, but the start of ep 5 with the ghost saying chan seung's name got me even in broad daylight

and i am enjoying the side romance. i am actually screaming from the cheeziness of 4th choice and bell boy

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Ep. 05 had me rolling in laughter!! 

Hotel Del Luna crew practically begged Chan-Sung to stay and now they are begging him to leave, though it may seem like Chan-Sung might be Man-Weol's groom in his dreams..?? But knowing the drama with its unexpected plot twists it probably isn't what it seems... Sort of like how it is with the supposed Ghost Bride's parents... Wasn't there something similar in The Master's Sun as well?? This has many similarities with Chinese culture - very interesting.
Love that lil Breakfast at Tiffany's nod they did but only with Swarovski LoL.

Poor Sanchez eheheh. NO Chan-Sung's gf makes a sudden appearance. WHY DRAMA WHY??!!

I love Hyun-Joong & his Chingu, Yoon-Ah ----> SO CUTEEEE^_^ And as usual what're K-Dramas without the usual PPL of espresso machines, so pricey too:rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Hotel del Luna just keeps getting better and better. Salute to the Hong Sisters for spinning this spooktacular yarn. This episode is so meaty in that it must be re-seen to better digest it.

That sudden kiss by MW and sudden hug by CS with the creepy cabinet ghost as third wheel played in my head like an endless loop of film. IU's and Jin-goo's looks and their characters' personalities complement each other. I love their chemistry. It is said that jealousy is a shadow of love if not a sign of it. MW become unwittingly triggered by the fragile ghost bride. Her expression of irritation as the ghost slept on CS's shoulder followed by shock as he scooped the ghost up like a gallant knight in succour to a distressed damsel was satisfying to witness. Cliched as it may sound, the ghost's message is stirring---true love sets free.

Who does not love Audrey Hepburn. Loved the cute homage to her and the iconic film she starred in. Is CS a reincarnation of the guard captain or of Yeon-woo. Or is he an entirely independent mortal who only became an important instrument of Mago to speedily bring about the completion in MW's redemptive story. The mystical dynamics operating amongst our characters are truly mind-boggling. And that scene of MW as a bloody bride with eyes like hard jewels of pain, sadness, and hate was both powerful and poignant.

I hope you all enjoyed this episode as much as I did. I can't wait for the tension in the next episode esp. when we get to see more manifestations of jealousy from MW given the sudden appearance of CS's first love. 

• Like 2
  • Love 4

Why the song played in flashback of Manwol and the captain while drinking and save yeonwoo hasn't released yet? Anyone know the title or singer?

I don't think Manwol is being forced into a marriage, it seems like she killed the bride and pretend to be the bride to kill the groom.

• Like 4

Have not watched the episode, but loving the new OST. I knew it that it was going to be Yang Da Il singing. His singing is unique.

3 hours ago, Yana Mujay said:

So at the ends of the day, Man Wol finals is already decided :tears:

Wz0TtUt.jpg

That's how I reacted to this. She's going to be leaving.

• Like 3

... ahaha...I was so proud of Chan Sung when he mustered that courage to go back for Man Wol...and then, bam, he had to go back again to his coward-mode in just a second funnygifsbox.com_2016-06-15_17-49-48.gif ..I mean, he ain't CS if he's not coward :P.

~~~~~~~ RED THREAD OF FATE ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Letting go..

ezgif-com-crop.gif 

This was yet another great episode...great but sad....the story of the bride is quite unfortunate, especially the letting go part. What I noticed about this drama after watching ep 5, every ghost cases they encounter somehow relates to a piece of MW's past. As we go along with the episodes, the mystery of her past will keep unfolding as well.

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

CS: You called his name with love.. which is why it got stuck in my head.

MW: Why? Do you think you could be him?

CS: The thought briefly crossed my mind, but it doesn't seem likely. 

MW: Yeon Woo is the one who loved me the most. So do you love me too?

I actually find these lines similar to when MW also asked CS about the Captain...

CS: Who is that man?

MW: Why do you ask? Do you think it might be you?

CS: I did wonder that. What I saw could be a memory from my past life that I don't remember.

MW: There's no way you're him.

CS: Why? You've been on my mind ever since I had that dream. You and I might go back a long way.

MW: You're not him. If you were him, I definitely wouldn't feel this way. 

I suddenly feel like MW is searching both the two guys of her past in CS. The repetitive question she always ask, "Do you think you could be him?", tells me so. I can see a little bit of difference when she was reminded of the Captain and Yeon Woo. It seems like there's more that sadness in her eyes when she heard the name Yeon Woo. And now that it's been revealed that the tree also kinda symbolizes Yeon Woo...that smile CS saw from his first dream was actually MW's smile for Yeon Woo. I was right then, it's like we were led to believe perhaps the Captain was the person telling MW he'll build a house for her, but...ding dong ding...it was actually YW. This now begs the question, who is MW actually waiting? Yeon Woo? Or the Captain? Where/who does her heart actually lie?

Watch-Hotel-del-Luna-Episode-5-720-5.gif 

~~ I totally love the Mina and P.O. moment..ha ha ha...I was cringing and laughing at the same time...LOL...P.O is being extra cute in this episode ~~

Watch-Hotel-del-Luna-Episode-5-720-4.gif 

--- and that SANCHEZ!~~

Spoiler

ezgif-com-add-text.gif

... I wonder why they named his friend Sanchez though, Sanchez is supposed to be a surname not a first name :D..

Also, I tend to forget he has MBA in Harvard that he's actually smart to figure out they purposely let him enter room 13...ha ha ha...

...as always, love love the moments of our ManCha couple :wub:..the sweet moments...bickering...jealousy...

Spoiler

Watch-Hotel-del-Luna-Episode-5-720-1.gif 

Watch-Hotel-del-Luna-Episode-5-720-2.gif 

Watch-Hotel-del-Luna-Episode-5-720-6.gif 

I also wanna give a shout out to the beautiful cinematography in this drama... I love how they pan out a certain shot to look more beautiful and scenic...

Spoiler

Watch-Hotel-del-Luna-Episode-5-720-10.gi 

20190728-032729.png 20190728-032803.png 20190728-032852.png 

..IU in hot red is gorge!!!....though I admit am not a fan of red color :)))

Spoiler

20190728-033019.gif 

....I am stoked to see why MW was wearing that wedding dress in the past..looks to me like she sneaked in as the bride and ready for some angst..

Ep 6 seems promising, are we get to finally see some more jealousy on MW's part, now that the ex is back?  funnygifsbox.com_2016-06-15_17-49-36.gif  I would love me some!!! 

And ugh..that foreshadowing.."He'll be the one to see you off." Is this drama actually gonna tore my heart again and shred it into pieces???? Make my eyes tear until it's dry???...aigooo...Please spare me the heartbreak, Hong Sisters!

P.S. CS: Why did you save me though? If you hadn't, I would've gone crazy.

MW: I wasn't going to intervene, but a leaf changed my mind.

--- a leaf (green) depicts hope and renewal..as leaves grow in the tree, so is MW's renewal and probably new hope in life. And as flowers blossom, so is MW's finding the happiness she truly deserves (which I certainly hope a happy ending for everyone). The symbolism, representation of the tree/leaf/flower in this drama is one thing I truly admire about it. You need to keep an eye on every detail as it may mean deeper than you really thought.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

the hong sisters are just using all these beautiful ghost plots as side stories in their dramas. are they epic or what?

I love how I never had the smallest inkling about the ghost bride's story, even when it was revealed slowly, I would have never predicted the groom to be in the hospital on the brink of death. that was cool. even the ghost blind date section is awesome, and the fact that they had to find single ghosts and invite them to see if they are interested, and they actually looked hopeful. that is just genius.

then, chan seung chanting about treating the ordeal as a dream and actually ending up in a dream, wow. like seriously show. I always loved The Greatest Love because of it's masterful play of words, this drama is just a masterful play of circumstances. the hong sisters have totally upped their game, and this is looking to become my #1 fave drama

• Like 3
  • Love 1

ep 5 in and this is still a free for all guessing game, so i will be going with Mr Captain hiring Man Wol (through love?, friendship?, blackmail?, gold payment?) to save the "Princess" from an arranged marriage. So she sits there in lieu of the princess, and kills the groom. This leads the family of the groom to hunt down Man Wol's gang, and leads to her guilt. Oh, and the groom was the past reincarnation of chan seung, just too insignificant for Man Wol to remember

• Like 3

K-netz reactions to episode 5, translated by Melohwa. The prevailing sentiment is that people don't want Man Wol to die and that ManChan couple should stay together for a long time. :tears:

https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2019/07/hotel-del-luna-ep-5-spoilers-lee-ji-eun.html

Having watched it with subs now, I do love a Kdrama couple who communicates with each other well. I also love their running argument about him asking questions he knows the answers to, which is apparently a thing he learned at Harvard. :D I like how Man Wol flat-out told him why they plotted against him, even though the reason was painful. I feel in this episode that she really has opened up that tiny bit to him (the size of a leaf, as she said). It also seems like she's beginning to accept that her time might be over soon. And she was so cute when she was all delighted about shopping and charging it all to the black card, and then recreating that Breakfast with Tiffany scene but with Swarovski and Subway. :lol: She's like a super cute bunny who can turn into a murderous bunny in a flash. Loves it!

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1