[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

marykarmelina

Why the song played in flashback of Manwol and the captain while drinking and save yeonwoo hasn't released yet? Anyone know the title or singer?

I don't think Manwol is being forced into a marriage, it seems like she killed the bride and pretend to be the bride to kill the groom.

• Like 4

Have not watched the episode, but loving the new OST. I knew it that it was going to be Yang Da Il singing. His singing is unique.

3 hours ago, Yana Mujay said:

So at the ends of the day, Man Wol finals is already decided :tears:

Wz0TtUt.jpg

That's how I reacted to this. She's going to be leaving.

• Like 3

... ahaha...I was so proud of Chan Sung when he mustered that courage to go back for Man Wol...and then, bam, he had to go back again to his coward-mode in just a second funnygifsbox.com_2016-06-15_17-49-48.gif ..I mean, he ain't CS if he's not coward :P.

~~~~~~~ RED THREAD OF FATE ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Letting go..

ezgif-com-crop.gif 

This was yet another great episode...great but sad....the story of the bride is quite unfortunate, especially the letting go part. What I noticed about this drama after watching ep 5, every ghost cases they encounter somehow relates to a piece of MW's past. As we go along with the episodes, the mystery of her past will keep unfolding as well.

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

CS: You called his name with love.. which is why it got stuck in my head.

MW: Why? Do you think you could be him?

CS: The thought briefly crossed my mind, but it doesn't seem likely. 

MW: Yeon Woo is the one who loved me the most. So do you love me too?

I actually find these lines similar to when MW also asked CS about the Captain...

CS: Who is that man?

MW: Why do you ask? Do you think it might be you?

CS: I did wonder that. What I saw could be a memory from my past life that I don't remember.

MW: There's no way you're him.

CS: Why? You've been on my mind ever since I had that dream. You and I might go back a long way.

MW: You're not him. If you were him, I definitely wouldn't feel this way. 

I suddenly feel like MW is searching both the two guys of her past in CS. The repetitive question she always ask, "Do you think you could be him?", tells me so. I can see a little bit of difference when she was reminded of the Captain and Yeon Woo. It seems like there's more that sadness in her eyes when she heard the name Yeon Woo. And now that it's been revealed that the tree also kinda symbolizes Yeon Woo...that smile CS saw from his first dream was actually MW's smile for Yeon Woo. I was right then, it's like we were led to believe perhaps the Captain was the person telling MW he'll build a house for her, but...ding dong ding...it was actually YW. This now begs the question, who is MW actually waiting? Yeon Woo? Or the Captain? Where/who does her heart actually lie?

Watch-Hotel-del-Luna-Episode-5-720-5.gif 

~~ I totally love the Mina and P.O. moment..ha ha ha...I was cringing and laughing at the same time...LOL...P.O is being extra cute in this episode ~~

Watch-Hotel-del-Luna-Episode-5-720-4.gif 

--- and that SANCHEZ!~~

Spoiler

ezgif-com-add-text.gif

... I wonder why they named his friend Sanchez though, Sanchez is supposed to be a surname not a first name :D..

Also, I tend to forget he has MBA in Harvard that he's actually smart to figure out they purposely let him enter room 13...ha ha ha...

...as always, love love the moments of our ManCha couple :wub:..the sweet moments...bickering...jealousy...

Spoiler

Watch-Hotel-del-Luna-Episode-5-720-1.gif 

Watch-Hotel-del-Luna-Episode-5-720-2.gif 

Watch-Hotel-del-Luna-Episode-5-720-6.gif 

I also wanna give a shout out to the beautiful cinematography in this drama... I love how they pan out a certain shot to look more beautiful and scenic...

Spoiler

Watch-Hotel-del-Luna-Episode-5-720-10.gi 

20190728-032729.png 20190728-032803.png 20190728-032852.png 

..IU in hot red is gorge!!!....though I admit am not a fan of red color :)))

Spoiler

20190728-033019.gif 

....I am stoked to see why MW was wearing that wedding dress in the past..looks to me like she sneaked in as the bride and ready for some angst..

Ep 6 seems promising, are we get to finally see some more jealousy on MW's part, now that the ex is back?  funnygifsbox.com_2016-06-15_17-49-36.gif  I would love me some!!! 

And ugh..that foreshadowing.."He'll be the one to see you off." Is this drama actually gonna tore my heart again and shred it into pieces???? Make my eyes tear until it's dry???...aigooo...Please spare me the heartbreak, Hong Sisters!

P.S. CS: Why did you save me though? If you hadn't, I would've gone crazy.

MW: I wasn't going to intervene, but a leaf changed my mind.

--- a leaf (green) depicts hope and renewal..as leaves grow in the tree, so is MW's renewal and probably new hope in life. And as flowers blossom, so is MW's finding the happiness she truly deserves (which I certainly hope a happy ending for everyone). The symbolism, representation of the tree/leaf/flower in this drama is one thing I truly admire about it. You need to keep an eye on every detail as it may mean deeper than you really thought.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

the hong sisters are just using all these beautiful ghost plots as side stories in their dramas. are they epic or what?

I love how I never had the smallest inkling about the ghost bride's story, even when it was revealed slowly, I would have never predicted the groom to be in the hospital on the brink of death. that was cool. even the ghost blind date section is awesome, and the fact that they had to find single ghosts and invite them to see if they are interested, and they actually looked hopeful. that is just genius.

then, chan seung chanting about treating the ordeal as a dream and actually ending up in a dream, wow. like seriously show. I always loved The Greatest Love because of it's masterful play of words, this drama is just a masterful play of circumstances. the hong sisters have totally upped their game, and this is looking to become my #1 fave drama

• Like 3
  • Love 1

ep 5 in and this is still a free for all guessing game, so i will be going with Mr Captain hiring Man Wol (through love?, friendship?, blackmail?, gold payment?) to save the "Princess" from an arranged marriage. So she sits there in lieu of the princess, and kills the groom. This leads the family of the groom to hunt down Man Wol's gang, and leads to her guilt. Oh, and the groom was the past reincarnation of chan seung, just too insignificant for Man Wol to remember

• Like 3

K-netz reactions to episode 5, translated by Melohwa. The prevailing sentiment is that people don't want Man Wol to die and that ManChan couple should stay together for a long time. :tears:

https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2019/07/hotel-del-luna-ep-5-spoilers-lee-ji-eun.html

Having watched it with subs now, I do love a Kdrama couple who communicates with each other well. I also love their running argument about him asking questions he knows the answers to, which is apparently a thing he learned at Harvard. :D I like how Man Wol flat-out told him why they plotted against him, even though the reason was painful. I feel in this episode that she really has opened up that tiny bit to him (the size of a leaf, as she said). It also seems like she's beginning to accept that her time might be over soon. And she was so cute when she was all delighted about shopping and charging it all to the black card, and then recreating that Breakfast with Tiffany scene but with Swarovski and Subway. :lol: She's like a super cute bunny who can turn into a murderous bunny in a flash. Loves it!

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

...chingu-deuls, my eyes aren't deceiving me in this, right? Park Yoo Na is also that noble lady who they took the bundle from...

Watch-Hotel-del-Luna-Episode-03-4.gif 

... and Chan Sung's EX...

Watch-Hotel-del-Luna-Episode-5-720-7.gif 

....if this is right, the story definitely is gonna be interesting :D. I'm not used to seeing Park Yoo Na in a make-up so I'm quite confused..only seen her from My ID is Gangnam Beauty and she was very tomboyish there, so...

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Episode 5 ratings...

ctto

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Omg!! just only from that ending conversation between MW and CS at the heaven’s tunnel, we are setting ourselves up for this:

8beb27bb03767e856d16c0ec443838c1.gif

This episode was so good! But it had such a sad feeling to it too! I can’t even put my thoughts together right now.

Edit: @lightbringer06

I don't think the ex girlfriend is the princess. But i am not too sure myself. The gif moving too fast for me haha.

Can someone do a still on these two so we can easily zoom and compare to confirm if these two are the same ladies?? :huh:

• LOL 4

5 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Omg!! just only from that ending conversation between MW and CS at the heaven’s tunnel, we are setting ourselves up for this:

I don't want to jump to conclusions.  It's his job to "see her off".  That could be 50 years from now and she dies first.  Or he could see her off in a month but join her shortly in the afterlife. 

Did anyone think the red string of this episode was somehow poignant?  Because if he is a reincarnated lover from the past, the two of them are also tied by a red string. Cutting that string has repercussions - the ghost bride and husband might never find each other again in a new life, is what I got from that.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2

@brielover You are right. Those words can hold many meanings. However, it is simply the tone these two used that made me feel like we are heading towards a sad road for these two. I am hoping your thoughts are more correct than mine because as of right now, i keep thinking that she will have to leave him way sooner than it sounds :vicx:

Other than the red string, I kept thinking: Can Mago actually be a representation of the Three Sisters of Fate in Greek mythology??

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

...chingu-deuls, my eyes aren't deceiving me in this, right? Park Yoo Na is also that noble lady who they took the bundle from... 

... and Chan Sung's EX...

....if this is right, the story definitely is gonna be interesting :D. I'm not used to seeing Park Yoo Na in a make-up so I'm quite confused..only seen her from My ID is Gangnam Beauty and she was very tomboyish there, so...

OMO! I just realized that they look alike. I think she's both the noble lady and Chan Sung's ex. 

I've seen her in My ID is Gangnam Beauty, too. Was hoping to see her act and here she is. :D I'm looking forward to see what her role is and how it'll effect JMW.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I think this women will play the big part to change the mine story , as far we knew Man wol and she who have same presence over a decades .

P-20190728-112400.jpg

The possibility is CS is the reincarnation of the Captain in new build body that's way the reincarnation of the goryeo princess  could recognize him shortly.

Or CS was someone who's made bad decisions affected MW,CM,YW and the princess relationship  in mess lead to their deaths. 

And CS reborn to paid his debts?

Nei ..it's not the case..when CS is bad person MG should not choose him as trigger to opened MW buried Memory.

Argh..so many theories.

I wished i could foresee the futures like MW so i could just ignoring and playing follow the MG dices in calmness and collect.:sweat_smile:

Tonight episode should be the steps to walk deeper in mine story thou.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

watched ep 5 with subs .I think MW starts having feelings  for CS, and because of her pride and ego.why would she  always finds a way to protect him?  could CS be a sort of reincarnation of YW? and not the royal guard? the reason he is gaving dreams of MW? Im just confuse with  MW had blood on her finger? did she killed anyone? who? is she a bride in the past?

and Im not fond of CS will be the one sending off MW? in the after life? does this mean she will die too?  can just be these two have a happy end?because I think MW deserves a second chance in life and love.. She did feel sorry for all the trouble she comitted in the past that is why she has been trapped in the hotel.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@lightbringer06

I don't think the ex girlfriend is the princess. But i am not too sure myself. The gif moving too fast for me haha.

Can someone do a still on these two so we can easily zoom and compare to confirm if these two are the same ladies?? :huh:

... ha ha...yes, the shift between her and Yeon Woo is way too fast. I was initially planning to do a still but it ain't clear enough when I tried, so I ended up making a gif instead :P..let me try and do another shot if I can get a better one.

EDIT:...

pjimage.jpg The eye make-up aren't the same, even their facial expressions, the angling is also different...so it's kinda hard to tell...but their nose look similar tho :D..that's the best shot I can take of the noble lady, I had to pause faster...LOL...

1 hour ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Other than the red string, I kept thinking: Can Mago actually be a representation of the Three Sisters of Fate in Greek mythology??

I read a comment from where I've watched the episode about that Fate in Greek myth, but then someone mentioned it does apply if they're triplets/three sisters,since the other crone said that there are more than three of them.

1 hour ago, turtle0217 said:

OMO! I just realized that they look alike. I think she's both the noble lady and Chan Sung's ex. 

I've seen her in My ID is Gangnam Beauty, too. Was hoping to see her act and here she is. :D I'm looking forward to see what her role is and how it'll effect JMW.

Yes!...ha ha...that's why I was a bit confused there. Hope they clear that out on episode 6 if MW managed to meet her personally :D.

I think she was also in that high-rated cable drama of JTBC, Sky Castle, but I didn't watch that so I only know her from MIIDB.

Edited by lightbringer06
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Aww, why are the ratings trending down? :tears: Isn't the show pretty popular in Korea?

Other stuff I liked/noticed in ep 5:

- Bartender Kim and Housekeeper (?) Choi deadass prepared a slide presentation for options to get rid of Chansung. :lol:

- Another moon tie-in: Breakfast at Tiffany's = Moon River!

- They just really didn't talk about the kiss huh. :D I wouldn't be surprised if Chansung brings it up in a future episode to throw in Man Wol's face. :P

- Man Wol being all buddy-buddy with Sanchez on the phone and even following each other on SNS. :lol: Why didn't Sanchez make the connection that "Man Wol" was the boss Chansung had been ranting about? They mentioned it at his restaurant in a past episode.

- Chansung really out there just throwing himself into all sorts of ridiculous situations and banking on Man Wol to save him. The ultimate damsel in distress who purposely and repeatedly puts himself in distress. :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

rsz_817ce546-5d67-4ec7-b572-562c28e9b053

P-20190728-112400.jpg&key=98a5f2e7a9471f

omo..are they really the same one or different? Why they look so different to me?

@lightbringer06 haha i screenshot the same scene you did from my phone and posted it up there too. Then borrowed @Yana Mujay picture too. Perhaps we can use these two to compare. Lol. Im about to zoom in the features ;)

Edit:

no matter how many times i compare and contrast, they just don’t look similar to each other. Princess eyes seem bigger than ex girlfriend and the eye brow is shaped differently. Nose are almost similar. Even the lips are shaped differently. Lol! What is happening to us?! :joy:

Edit 2:

okay. Either they are not the same or the make up artist is really good! :sweat_smile:

• Like 3
  • LOL 3