[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

marykarmelina

Y'all! This episode is good! I didn't fully understand what was being said but the emotions are on point! 

I'M LOVING THIS DRAMA MORE AND MORE AND EVERY EPISODE IS INTERESTING! 

Me every episode...

3EAGs0d.gif

@Nymeria289

From what I read from weibo, she either says that and she also says this... 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

My goodness when that ghost from room 13 came out flying and crawling creepily, I was so shocked... My faint heart..

Preview for ep 6

MW: He doesn't answer my call

MW: Who has come?

Bartender : My Highness

CS: He said he's come from Joseon era. Which king is he?

CS: I'm very worried about it

MW: Why are you being like this to me?

CS: I can't let you to be bankrupt

Hotelier: You might be kicked out

Bartender: You are doing good

Bartender: 1 2 3 fighting (let's go / let's do well)

MW: I hate being poor. I'll keep eating caviar and drinking champagne

MW: Chan Sung has a girlfriend?

Sanchez: I have her pictures, do you want

MW: I don't want to see. I mean why should I? 

MW: Is she pretty?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

32 minutes ago, Ondine said:

This show really likes to sneak up on me and hit me in the feels, huh?

....w-wait...first love?...is it perhaps...

Spoiler

Park Yoo Na?....coz I read from Wiki that one of the people surrounding GCS is actress Park Yoo Na...

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

14 minutes ago, lightbringer06 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Park Yoo Na?....coz I read from Wiki that one of the people surrounding GCS is actress Park Yoo Na...

Looks like she gonna appear on next episode! :w00t:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, lightbringer06 said:

Reveal hidden contents

It said "first love" in the translated relationship chart they released. In the text preview it said ex-girlfriend.

And their SNS updates are adorable. :wub:

• Like 6
  • LOL 3

I do think the past king maybe played by Yeo Jin Goo but I doubt if Chan sung is reincarnation of that person....Chansung is kind, sweet and Ma Go likes his nature, so why would a cruel person be reborn as a good human?? It could also be the case that Man Wol was married off to a nobleman who really had nothing to do with the tragedy that killed Captain or Yeon Woo. He may have loved Man Wol or taken her as a concubine to save her. Man Wol may have killed him in blind rage without knowing everything and later killed herself or got killed....just a wild, wild theory.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

52 minutes ago, Heidi Seow said:

Looks like she gonna appear on next episode! :w00t:

.. ha ha...I see...I thought she appeared on tonight's episode :D

49 minutes ago, Ondine said:

It said "first love" in the translated relationship chart they released. In the text preview it said ex-girlfriend.

.. oh okay :D..hmm, I thought Park Yoo Na was that lady from ep. 3, so I had to go back again and watch it but looks different :) ..

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, lightbringer06 said:

.. ha ha...I see...I thought she appeared on tonight's episode :D

She did, towards the end, but only very briefly. :)

Here's Dramas With A Side of Kimchi's recap of episodes 3 and 4: https://dramaswithasideofkimchi.com/2019/07/26/chatty-recap-hotel-del-luna-ep-34/

They each gave their two cents on which ship they were on, Historic Hottie's vs Baby Oppa's (:lol:!) and Baby Oppa won by a landslide, 5:1. I'm totally on Team Baby Oppa too. :D

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

So at the ends of the day, Man Wol finals is already decided :tears:

Well when thus really happening is firm, Jieun favors unhappyending/ open ending in almost of her drama:relieved:

Nonetheless  HDL is so fun endearing, creepy but full of life lessons i think when the audience enjoy fullest each episode and felt  satisfied with the story, the acting the way director  indulging viewers with wonderful direction and cinematography whatever ending the writers presented would be accepted .

Let's the writers tell their stories.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

27 minutes ago, Ondine said:

She did, towards the end, but only very briefly. :)

Here's Dramas With A Side of Kimchi's recap of episodes 3 and 4: https://dramaswithasideofkimchi.com/2019/07/26/chatty-recap-hotel-del-luna-ep-34/

They each gave their two cents on which ship they were on, Historic Hottie's vs Baby Oppa's (:lol:!) and Baby Oppa won by a landslide, 5:1. I'm totally on Team Baby Oppa too. :D

..oh, she did..ha ha..thanks! :D

...there's even a ship?...LOL...there's only one as far as I know :P

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

"You'll also be send off by him"

"I will be your last guest"

"Go Chan Sung, don't be lonely after I left"

Dang! The Grim Reaper's and Man Wol's words kind of foretell the ending. :bawling:

So, did she actually died back then when she dragged the cart and found Guesthouse of the Moon? (come to think of it, only ghost / dead soul would be able to find Guesthouse of the Moon though). 

But, what did Ma Go means by "when the flower bloom and fall, you time will flow again"?

From what I understand from her words, it seems she meant that MW's time stay still at her age when she found Ma Go, and when the flower bloom and fall, she will start to age again. That was what I interpreted from Ma Go's words. 

But, this episode seems to suggest that MW time is up when the tree bloom its flower. Hmmmmm :tears:

I'm curious who did she get married to? 

I think someone powerful catch their gang, and found out that she is a woman, forced her to marry him in exchange for the life of others, especially Yeon Woo. 

Or, could it be Chun Myung? Something CM did must be putting harm to Yeon Woo that she was angered by the forced marriage? 

I prefer the first scenario though.

I think that the one that MW been waiting for is Yeon Woo.

She said Yeon Woo is the person who loved her the most in this world. 

I think CS's heart must've skipped a beat when MW asked him "Do you love me?". Awwww.. :heart:

The one who talked with MW under the tree was Yeon Woo. The one who related the tree and the house so MW could spend her old life as granny there was Yeon Woo. The one who said "It's okay if I die, if that meant to protect you" to MW was Yeon Woo. 

I think that was the symbolic representation of the tree at the hotel.

It could meant as the meeting point or like a landmark for Yeon Woo to come to MW. Maybe due to her rage at that time and rampant killings, she may have forgotten the crucial and real meaning of the tree. Instead, she only view the tree as the cursed tree that bind her to the place. 

The tree may also represents the state of MW's heart or memories. Since GCS came in, she has been reminded of her past memories bits by bits by CS and I think unknowingly, she already fell for CS. That feeling and CS might be the rain and the sun for the tree and the leaves start to grow again.

It is possible that Yeon Woo's soul is still wandering all this time, or he may have been reincarnated several times. But, because the tree is dying and not filled with bushy leaves, his soul might not be able to find the place and MW. The scent from the tree leaves or flower may be the thing that guide Yeon Woo's soul to MW. It is possible that they make MW left with Yeon Woo by CS send off at the end. But I rather not wish to see that kind of ending. CS will be left alone. He is just a human and not with heavenly power like Son Wu Kong In Hwayugi. So, I hope that would be changed into MW able to send off her friend(s) properly to heaven with CS by her side. 

I just wish the time flow would mean, she will just have to age again and be ordinary human, and spent the rest of her life with CS.

Gosh, I desperately wish it would not be a sad ending nor another open ending from Hong Sisters. :tired:

Edit: BTW, I wonder what chaos would the ghost from Room 13 cause in the human world since she managed to escape the room. MW's face seems to be worrying about that escaped ghost though. 

I like the twist in the story about the bride ghost though. I really thought the parents who request for soul marriage was the bride parents. Apparently it was the groom's parents.

I think MW must be secretly felt relieved that CS couldn't be the groom in the end since the bride ghost willingly cut the red string...kekekeke :rolleyes:

Edit 2: 

Another thing, the entrance of CS first love might stir up more of MW's memories of her past because she is the exact reincarnation of that princess she robbed with her gang in the past. There may be more stories in her past life which involved that princess. I wonder whether it would be a good memories or the very bad one. Hmmm..

Btw, I'm so much anticipating for the ending of episode 6. IU said in the Vlive interview that viewers should look forward to the great ending of episode 6. Now, I can't wait for tomorrow's episode! :w00t: 

(secretly wishing for a very passionate kiss as the ending..not another peck.. LOL! :phew:)

• Like 4
  • Love 2

5 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

I am still waiting for subs but reading that CS will be the one to send her off..that’s deep right there.

:bawling:

I hope it won't have to be that way :bawling:

BTW, I just leisurely visit the drama site I frequent, and apparently the sub is already out an hour ago.

Talk about the enthusiasm of HDL subbing volunteers! Cheers to them! :w00t:

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, ellelyana88 said:

I hope it won't have to be that way :bawling:

BTW, I just leisurely visit the drama site I frequent, and apparently the sub is already out an hour ago.

Talk about the enthusiasm of HDL subbing volunteers! Cheers to them! :w00t:

I am really hoping that after all this trial and tribulations for our MW and CS..they don’t have to separate like that because that kind of farewell is so sad! And i know I won’t be able to handle watching it without tearing up :tears:

I am watching on a website right now since the subs are out (subbing volunteers are amazing!) but my internet is so slow that the episode keeps loading :astonished:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

finally watching it. I was not scared in ep 4, but the start of ep 5 with the ghost saying chan seung's name got me even in broad daylight

and i am enjoying the side romance. i am actually screaming from the cheeziness of 4th choice and bell boy

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Ep. 05 had me rolling in laughter!! 

Hotel Del Luna crew practically begged Chan-Sung to stay and now they are begging him to leave, though it may seem like Chan-Sung might be Man-Weol's groom in his dreams..?? But knowing the drama with its unexpected plot twists it probably isn't what it seems... Sort of like how it is with the supposed Ghost Bride's parents... Wasn't there something similar in The Master's Sun as well?? This has many similarities with Chinese culture - very interesting.
Love that lil Breakfast at Tiffany's nod they did but only with Swarovski LoL.

Poor Sanchez eheheh. NO Chan-Sung's gf makes a sudden appearance. WHY DRAMA WHY??!!

I love Hyun-Joong & his Chingu, Yoon-Ah ----> SO CUTEEEE^_^ And as usual what're K-Dramas without the usual PPL of espresso machines, so pricey too:rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Hotel del Luna just keeps getting better and better. Salute to the Hong Sisters for spinning this spooktacular yarn. This episode is so meaty in that it must be re-seen to better digest it.

That sudden kiss by MW and sudden hug by CS with the creepy cabinet ghost as third wheel played in my head like an endless loop of film. IU's and Jin-goo's looks and their characters' personalities complement each other. I love their chemistry. It is said that jealousy is a shadow of love if not a sign of it. MW become unwittingly triggered by the fragile ghost bride. Her expression of irritation as the ghost slept on CS's shoulder followed by shock as he scooped the ghost up like a gallant knight in succour to a distressed damsel was satisfying to witness. Cliched as it may sound, the ghost's message is stirring---true love sets free.

Who does not love Audrey Hepburn. Loved the cute homage to her and the iconic film she starred in. Is CS a reincarnation of the guard captain or of Yeon-woo. Or is he an entirely independent mortal who only became an important instrument of Mago to speedily bring about the completion in MW's redemptive story. The mystical dynamics operating amongst our characters are truly mind-boggling. And that scene of MW as a bloody bride with eyes like hard jewels of pain, sadness, and hate was both powerful and poignant.

I hope you all enjoyed this episode as much as I did. I can't wait for the tension in the next episode esp. when we get to see more manifestations of jealousy from MW given the sudden appearance of CS's first love. 

• Like 2
  • Love 4