Quantcast
meechuttso

[Drama 2019] Angel's Last Mission: Love 단, 하나의 사랑

KBS is terribly misleading with the previews. The preview for 20 made it look like YL hit the ground after she jumped. The voice over is her cousin wishing she was dead...while all along it was her hand laying on the stage as she ended her dance, at least 30 min before she was pushed off the building.

I know people are saying she didn't kick and flop her arms while falling... Honestly .... It only takes seconds to fall that distance and she is coming against the force of gravity and wind. It's not like she can grab onto something... life is flashing before your eyes... Is this really happening to me....terminal velocity of a falling object is 120mph or 193kmph....BAM! It's kind a quick. 

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

6 minutes ago, kokkuri33 said:

Can you use Naver or Google Translate?

They are mostly talking about the bad wings. And sweet potatoes.

My favorite comment there is the netizen who wants to "order a guardian angel." 

Might need to go to the Dark Web for that...

Some of the sentences makes sense! I have not seen any comments about bad wings, yes to sweet potatoes which I have no idea what that refers to.

Can I join you on the Dark Web to "order a guardian angel"? I know someone in the cybersecurity field that can help us...JUST SAYING. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

8 minutes ago, iffy21 said:

Some of the sentences makes sense! I have not seen any comments about bad wings, yes to sweet potatoes which I have no idea what that refers to. 

That might mean that you're the sweet potato.

18 minutes ago, kokkuri33 said:

They are mostly talking about the bad wings. And sweet potatoes.

Are they like me thinking about food :joy:

15610400021561039995.gif

my thought looking at his wings :mrgreen:

5d0bae6dd14f7557008119.gif?download

• Like 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2

33 minutes ago, kitkatrmjung said:

We do have to remember that she has lived majority of her life living day by day just because, she's someone who used to suspect everything and reject everyone who shows that they care.

Maybe some people do just give up.  But I don't see YS like that--she has great strength of character and she has beaten the odds.  Although she did not want to live during the first episode, she said that once she met Kim Dan she began to want to live. She has been fighting for her life and her love.  She would not be weak.  Even though it would seem impossible, she would fight.   I cannot imagine her willingly and aimlessly floating to doom.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, kokkuri33 said:

That might mean that you're the sweet potato.

LOL, I would prefer to be sweet chocolate than potato. ;)B)

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, iffy21 said:

LOL, I would prefer to be sweet chocolate than potato. ;)B)

I think "sweet potato" refers to someone who doesn't understand- maybe like a friend who doesn't always follow (the thought process, or the conversation.)

But "sweet potatoes" or "eating sweet potatoes" means frustration/being frustrated? Like being frustrated with the storyline? 

Maybe? Depending on context?

An expert will probably need to explain this- seems a bit slangy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

7 minutes ago, thistle said:

Maybe some people do just give up.  But I don't see YS like that--she has great strength of character and she has beaten the odds.  Although she did not want to live during the first episode, she said that once she met Kim Dan she began to want to live. She has been fighting for her life and her love.  She would not be weak.  Even though it would seem impossible, she would fight.   I cannot imagine her willingly and aimlessly floating to doom.

I would honestly really question her not flailing if she wasn't falling from that distance. Gravity will surely pull her, and pull her FAST. Floating would be impossible, since the fall would most likely be a for a couple of seconds. 

Anyways, I have been enjoying reading your analysis and sharing what you've learned about Angels.:thumbsup::D

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, kokkuri33 said:

I think "sweet potato" refers to someone who doesn't understand- maybe like a friend who doesn't always follow (the thought process, or the conversation.)

But "sweet potatoes" or "eating sweet potatoes" means frustration/being frustrated? Like being frustrated with the storyline? 

Thanks @kokkuri33

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kokkuri33 said:

Not sure if it's of any help, but what I noticed in variety shows is that, they put a cg of steaming sweet potatoes when someone or something is being frustrating. You can get better translations if you use papago btw. :D

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Shosi_for_9 said:

by the way, got some news from weibo "Woohyun and Myungsoo were spotted at Sejong University cafeteria eating dinner today,"

shs alumni from sejong univ right?

She is! :wub:

• Like 3

Sorry, @iffy21,  just saw your post before I'm going to slepp,  actually it's very late night in my time zone. 

So if tomorrow netizen drama doesn't translate those fan's comment already or if @meechuttso didn't spread her wings and fly saving me by translating this, I will try to translate that (with my poor skill :sweatingbullets:).

For sweet potato and cider, here may help you with the meaning of both slangs.

http://koreanforinternauts.blogspot.com/2017/05/when-someone-just-doesnt-get-it-and.html

'Sweet potato'  (고구마) it's like frustrating feeling (like when you eat hot potato and it's hard to swallow)

and 'Cider' (사이다) like satisfying or relief feeling (like you drink cider to improve your digestion).

Spoiler

고구마 이제 더이상 먹을 목구멍도 없어요 대체 단연이들 로맨스는 언제 제대로 진행돼요? 고구마99에 사이다 아주 가끔1 이거 아니잖아요

Refer from this sentence in the article's comment.  He/she probably just want Dan-Yeon to get happy (the same as us) and said that it's very frustrating (too much sweet potato and no more throat to eat :sweatingbullets: ) When will Dan-Yeon' s romance will go in the right direction ? It's like there're are 99% of sweet potato moments and only 1% for cider moments.  

Sorry if I mistranslate , that's why I hide this to save myself from embarrassment.

Good night Chingu. I'm so sleepy...:sleeping:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Rough trans of this scene. Sorry for any mistakes as I translated from my native language to English

20D6HMU.jpg

YS: What is it? Why isn't he here yet?
UDC0wPk.jpg

(YS opens the door and KD was about to knock)
KD: Did you sleep well?
YS: You're late. Didn't I tell you, you have to come within 1 minute?
KD: Stand on the right and put out the left hand, right?
YS: What's up with you? 
KD: I'll try my very best and learn from the beginning
YS: You're suddenly nice?
KD: Oh well if you don't like it
YS: I didn't say I didn't like it. Last night...

LndZd7f.jpg

(YS approaches KD) 
YS: Do you still remember?
YS: (Touches KD nose) You really are "serious"?

av6xzQS.jpg qYF4PUr.jpg7I2HN1d.jpg

(KD chases after YS towards staircase)
KD: You're teasing me
YS: Is that so?
KD: Don't run, you'll fall. I've caught you. Ya Lee Yeonseo
YS: You've caught me and what? What? What will you do?

jaS64Jp.jpg

(Ms. Jung sudden appearance)
Ms. Jung: Dan-ssi!
KD: Ooh! Ms. Jung Oh, hello!
Ms. Jung: What is this? You're here already?
KD: You've worked hard, right? I'm sorry
YS: You've worked hard. From today, you can work back to normal as secretary
Ms. Jung: No wonder... Yesterday when I was sleeping, I suddenly heard a strange noise. I contacted the person in charge of the CCTV and plan on taking a look at it

hVjRrHS.jpg

Both KD and YS: No, don't!
Ms. Jung: So it was Dan-ssi. Young lady. Your friend, the guy came back?
YS: Huh? Ah, yes... It seems like it I'm not too sure
Ms. Jung: Please tell her do not believe too much in men's words. Those who say this and that must be a bad person
*Once again sorry for any inaccuracies* 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 8

8 minutes ago, mylovekge said:

She is! :wub:

They will send their kids there! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

@Lawyerh every little touch is fluttering :joy:

15610414391561041429.gif

cto 

:joy::joy: that tush extremely distracting to the fluttering touch!! 

again mucho gracias thank you kamsahamida! to all you fantastic chingus for sharing! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

Ms Jung cracks me up so much. Obviously she saw what they were doing. And she even wants to check the cctvs :joy:

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, immorethant said:

Sorry, @iffy21,  just saw your post before I'm going to slepp,  actually it's very late night in my time zone. 

So if tomorrow netizen drama doesn't translate those fan's comment already or if @meechuttso didn't spread her wings and fly saving me by translating this, I will try to translate that (with my poor skill :sweatingbullets:).

For sweet potato and cider, here may help you with the meaning of both slangs.

http://koreanforinternauts.blogspot.com/2017/05/when-someone-just-doesnt-get-it-and.html

'Sweet potato'  (고구마) it's like frustrating feeling (like when you eat hot potato and it's hard to swallow)

and 'Cider' (사이다) like satisfying or relief feeling (like you drink cider to improve your digestion).

Reveal hidden contents

고구마 이제 더이상 먹을 목구멍도 없어요 대체 단연이들 로맨스는 언제 제대로 진행돼요? 고구마99에 사이다 아주 가끔1 이거 아니잖아요

Refer from this sentence in the article's comment.  He/she probably just want Dan-Yeon to get happy (the same as us) and said that it's very frustrating (too much sweet potato and no more throat to eat :sweatingbullets: ) When will Dan-Yeon' s romance will go in the right direction ? It's like there're are 99% of sweet potato moments and only 1% for cider moments.  

Sorry if I mistranslate , that's why I hide this to save myself from embarrassment.

Good night Chingu. I'm so sleepy...:sleeping:

Thanks @immorethant Please don't worry about this and go to bed. 

• Love 2

I’m just copy pasting cause I can’t type my thoughts twice. :joy:

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

LYS won´t be angry at Dan. Don´t worry. I don´t think this will be the reason of angsty. But I think the consequencies of this will be.
I think we are getting at the same point as others dramas like Goblin, MLFAS,... were. where we have some "impossible situation" for the main couple.

If I am rationalitty enough, I think we will not have a sad ending. Because nowadays, mostly of dramas have happy ending. But I think we have great possibilities to have a open ending or a bittersweet end. And there is a high chance that we get a end like Goblin or Korean Odyssey. I don´t know if I will be fine with this kind of end. But if they make something plausible or something good (like Dan dissapear, but LYS pregnant) I may like it.

• Like 7
  • Love 1