Angel's Last Mission: Love 

VTVENTER_70000000324815_20190509_2019050

Genre: Romance
Release Date: May 22nd - July 11th, 2019

Official site: KBS 2TV
Running Time: mini-series Wed/Thu nights 10pm KST
Screenplay by: Choi Yoon-Gyo
Directed by: Lee Jung-Sub
Produced by: Victory Contents . Monster Union - (빅토리콘텐츠·몬스터유니온)

Cast
Shin Hye-Sun ("Lee Yeon-Seo" 이연서 ) - Ballerina Visually impaired and on intermission before redemption

1557383313341_197677.jpg
Kim Myung-Soo 'aka L' ("Kim Dan" 김 단) - Angel playing cupid for Yeon-Seo

1557383328892_197699.jpg

Lee Dong-Gun (Ji Gang-Woo 지강우) Fantasia Ballet Company Artistic Director

1557383383421_197713.jpg

Kim Bo-Mi (Keum Ni-Na 금니나) LYS's 'rival' ballerina and LYS' second cousin

1557383383599_197735.jpg

Do Ji-Won (Choi Young-Ja 최영자) Director of Fantasiz Ballet Company and cousin to LYS' father

1557383383704_197757.jpg

Kim In-Kwon (Hoo 후) Chief Angel in charge :phew:

1557383514263_197837.jpg

Woo Hee-Jin (Jung Yoo-Mi 정유미) Yeon-Seo's secretary

1557814971899_198861.jpg

Lee Ye-Na (Hwang Jung-Eun 황정은) Ballerina returning from childbirth

Lee Hwa-Ryong (Park Gwang-Il 박광일) Ballerina company operations manager

Lee Je-Yeon (Ki Joon-Soo 기준수) Security team lead (guard)

Huh Eun (Kyung-Ae 경애) Ballet company employee

Gil Eun-Hye (Keum Roo-Na 금루나) KNN's older sister and LYS' second cousin

Storyline / Synopsis

Troublemaker angel named Dan (단) must find love for icy-princess Yeon-Seo in order for him to return to his heavenly realm but falls in love with her instead.

"Observing a human is truly interesting work. If eternity (time w/o end) were an endless grey (black/white drabness), humans shine so colorfully in frail brilliance." - Angel Dan's last report

Humans are such interesting beings.

Doing indiscriminate violence to a passer-by because one felt a sense of belittlement in that person's gaze - is a human,
(but) throwing oneself into the blaze to save a stranger from a fire - that, too, is a human.

For love, (humans) take away another's life,
For love, (humans) give one's own life completely, too.

In our drama,
Through the process of [observing] a flawless angel's desire to become an imperfect human,
What it is about 'humanity' ('human nature') that a person, as only a person (can and) must, aim for (aspire to) - this we want to try to grasp once more.***

That is love.

A cold-hearted woman and an inexperienced, immature angel meet,
(and) in the face of unexpected tragedy and perilous trials,
(I want) to tell the lofty (noble) story of choosing to forsake all for the sole (benefit of the) other.
No matter how that story ends,
(I want) to dream (imagine) of people who can be angels to one another thru such love.

Here, in the midst of cold and cruel reality, to touch their hearts dreaming of (such) fantastic love,
'Only(Dan) One Miracle' is granted.

***[Here we distinguish between nuances, person (사람) and human (인간).]

OST #1 - Sung by Lee Moon-Sae, "Dan Bi" (단비, 'Sweet Rain') (with English translation)

OST #2 - Sung by Lee Soo-Jung (CHAI), "Oh My Angel"

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] One and Only Love 단, 하나의 사랑 - Shin Hye-Sun
  • Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for this thread, @meechuttso. You are awesome, as always!

We ought to get this moving, lets go, @immorethant @kokkuri33 and the rest. :blush:

The plot reminds me of Filipino movie from years ago. It wasn't exactly the same, but it also involved an angel. The story was about a man who died before his time and an angel who was supposedly his guardian angel. The man had to return to earth because it wasn't supposed to be his time yet. They fell in love with each other and bla bla bla. 

OK the plot was a bit shallow and cliched but the movie was a hit anyway. LOL  

@meechuttso is lightning speed as always when it comes to creating new SHS related threads. :thumbsup:

Visually wise they look fine. However I'm not bought with this pairing yet. L is reportedly still in talks so there is still some hope of another potential male lead. At some point of time I do think why KBS is not putting the Yeonsang couple together again for guaranteed ratings and give them a best couple award afterwards.  At least to me they owed them that award. Okay I'm just blabbering :lol:

Neither am I excited about the story plot. The only selling point for me would be seeing Hye Sun sshi in pretty outfits and graceful ballerina poses while delivering another outstanding performance as a ballerina who lost her sight. :lol: 

9 hours ago, mylovekge said:

The plot reminds me of Filipino movie from years ago. It wasn't exactly the same, but it also involved an angel. The story was about a man who died before his time and an angel who was supposedly his guardian angel. The man had to return to earth because it wasn't supposed to be his time yet. They fell in love with each other and bla bla bla. 

The plot also reminds me of my local drama that quite famous and won many awards in my country (1 original drama version + 2 remade dramas + 1 remade movie), from latest 2017 version drama, the story was about an angel who received a mission to find out why people became worse and less people went to heaven.  So he came down to earth and work as news reporter which he met a family of elder brother and younger sister. The younger sister was a blind woman but she had heart of gold and was very optimistic. The angel also met another news reporter woman who was loved by many guys but she had a lot of pride and didn't trust or love anyone.  In the end the angel can't help but to have some romantic feeling with those 2 girls. 

Umm....not sure this plot more or less gave inspiration to this writer-nim and probably those two girls characters were merged together into one.  :P:P:P  

Episode 65 synopsis.

(Spoiler)

Spoiler

Dan's boss is getting curious why his mission seems to have no progress after 60+ episodes,  so he sent a female angel named Jennifer (of course, played by Ye Ji-won again) to be his sidekick and also to secretly monitored Dan.  

SPOILERS ALERT

Episode 19: Yeon Seo takes a young soccer player (Han Seung Yu) to court. Dr. Jang (Ji Chang Wook) considers studying in Sweden. Dan's scheme put the snack bar in financial danger.

Episode 32: Yeon Seo plans to close the Research Institute, in search of profit, laying off all employees, and leaving the patients to their fates. The Chairman (Kim Byung Gi) believes it will be even more profitable to simply exploit the employees and patients more. Dan travels to Japan in search of pachinko riches.

Episode 39: The Chairman and the Evil Aunt (Jeon Soo Kyung) have different plans for Yeon Seo's future at SHS Group. The Angel Gabriel (Cha Eun Woo) arrives to address Dan's lack of progress on his mission.

Episode 69

Dan's boss, Michael the Archangel (Yang Se Jong) arrives personally to check on Dan who is now torn between Yeon Seo and Jennifer. Michael is furious and sends Dan into punishment. Michael bumps into Yeon Seo and falls for her.

46 minutes ago, mylovekge said:

The plot thickens. Keep it coming, you guys. :sweat_smile::D

Thickens? Can eat it with a fork, you guys.LoL. @kokkuri33 the pied piper might drive us all off the cliff and we might get a yellow flag from one of the nervous mods. You see I haven't exactly been an exemplary poster in these here neck of the woods, apparently, requiring some admonitions on proper thread post formatting and such via PM's, ha ha. So by all means carry on with your fanfic's, but let's wait a bit on additional announcements news, too, before we go full bore.

We all definitely want to be welcoming to all potential and current fans of this drama from all.quarters, including Infinite fans, right?

Regarding L, I think he has a nice voice. He's 1992 born. Maybe he's like Aladdin - a diamond in the rough. Curious to see what SHS likes about him and what she has in store for him, and us, that might make us fall for him, too. :innocent: (get it? he's an angel)

After I have a chance read the whole script (my eyes still tired from reading 104 episodes script), I can't help but to post another synopsis here with admiration.

Episode 73-75

Dan explained to his boss Michael that slow progress of his mission was because he needed to help Yeon-Seo find the person who caused her blind first so she could gain trust in justice and people and could have love again.  So Michael decided to send another young female angel trainee to help him investigate the case. This angel named Young Eun-Soo used to be a prosecutor before she died and became an angel.  However, because both girls looked 100% similar to each other, that made Dan more difficult to decide he should live as human with Yeon-Seo or should go back to heaven with Eun-Soo after completed his mission. :P

1 hour ago, immorethant said:

Nothing new in this article. But what interesting are comments that came from various points of view. 

http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/12/shin-hye-sun-transforms-into-ballerina-for-a-kbs-fantasy-melo/

Hope someone from KBS or their agencies read these comments and get a more suitable male lead; it's getting boring. 31 Dec please come soon so that we can fangirl and gush on our stunning girl crush.

2 minutes ago, Ni Wen said:

Hope someone from KBS or their agencies read these comments and get a more suitable male lead

What I'm glad from reading those comments is that they all admired and loved SHS  and wish the best thing for her drama and her career advancement.  :blush:

4 minutes ago, immorethant said:

What I'm glad from reading those comments is that they all admired and loved SHS  and wish the best thing for her drama and her career advancement.  :blush:

Yes yes it makes my day reading them too. Comments on how good her acting is makes me smile :)

Archived