[Drama 2019] Angel's Last Mission: Love 단, 하나의 사랑

meechuttso

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dan mission, JKW future and the secrets behind angels become human.

Since the beggining of this drama, I have been wondering about Dan mission, although I can understand why God put this mission on Dan's shoulder, untill now there is one thing isn´t cleary: Dan will fail or not? I think if we understand the mission as LYS just love. I think he still needs something. And what is this "something"? I think is LYS statement that she is happy and love him. She didn´t say it yet. She said something like "why do you not like me?", but she didn´t said: I love you. I think, when she says that, his mission is completed. Wether they are going to have a happy ending or sad ending, well it does not matter for now.

Meanwhile we have JKW with his past and his future. Some people said that maybe Elena is somehow related to his Matild. Well, I don´t discard that (anything is possible), but I won´t talk about it yet. What I'm going to talk about is the possibilities of his future. Some people here were afraid that he may end up with LYS. Although at the beggining I thought this were a possibility, now I don´t think it's possible. I think LYS stated more than two times, she does not accept him in this kind of relationship. It's not like she does not like him, but she simply likes him as a friend. I don´t think the writers would make scene about her saying she does not like him that way and in the end she changes her mind. It doesn´t make sense at all.

Because of this, there is jut two others possibilities. He moves on and accept his fate. Or he died (maybe he does not died, but go back to be an angel). I think the second option is more plausible. He said many times, he is tired of living like that. Maybe, he will sacrificied for LYS. I don´t know.

Last but not least, I think there is this small hope the drama gave us. If there is a possibility of an angel became a human. Untill now, the drama said it's impossible. But at the same time, we have many people trying this thing. There is a reason for that, right? I think, maybe if Dan completed his mission and goes back to heaven, maybe God could grant (not for him) a wish for LYS. Why I'm thinking like that? Because she always said that she does not believe in God and how God took everyone of her. I think, when Dan went to heaven, she will pray for God. And I think, maybe God will give her back Dan. Maybe it won´t be forever. Maybe he will just stay with her for some time more. I don´t know. But I really can see something like that happening.

Did somebody already mention the connection between Yeon Seo’s dream and the moments before she was kidnapped? I just finished watching the second half ...

In YS’s dream, she starts with looking for him frantically and in reality YS narrates, I suddenly have a feeling that I will be looking for him in the near future and miss him terribly. 

In the dream and reality, Dan’s holding a balloon(s) and calls out to her.

Which brings me to think they have yet to complete the third part. In the dream, they are together and taking pictures until they grow old. Will the ending of the dream mirror the reality as well?  

I would like to think so. 

Sighs! Anybody talking about a happy ending on any social media, I swear if I come across again ... 

I don’t care about a happy ending (which we will probably get), cause we won’t be there to see them being active in the bedroom or outside ... 

I want to see it before! 

Can’t we concentrate on the lack of romance and full of angst they are busy showing ... I mean there’s only 6 bloody hours left! 

giphy.gif

11 hours ago, jakey09 said:

Sighs! Anybody talking about a happy ending on any social media, I swear if I come across again ... 

I don’t care about a happy ending (which we will probably get), cause we won’t be there to see them being active in the bedroom or outside ... 

I want to see it before! 

Can’t we concentrate on the lack of romance and full of angst they are busy showing ... I mean there’s only 6 bloody hours left! 

Thats my concern too! :((( i want more kisses and at least a make out scene :'( too much chemistry to be wasted with crying and secrets

So I just had a blonde moment. After rewatching the preview for next week, KD will erase LYS's memories? The main question is that will he erase all of it or just the part when he saved her and she saw his wings? Seems like it could be all of it. :(

*I seriously can't with this!* <_<

186b4745-baa0-4a7c-9523-e69300df9fc2-ori

If that turns out to be true, as mentioned, the writer will probably go towards the route that Goblin did too. Seriously...Goblin was so depressing towards the end. I just couldn't stop crying when JET's memories were erased by the grim reaper after KS disappeared. It was so heartbreaking to watch! 

*This scene still haunts me till this day and forever!* :tears:

38c388f6-de36-4ca6-aade-908fe6c23713-ori

@Liting1 He erases the memory of that night. First I thought just her seeing him in wings ... but I guess he erases the whole kidnapping bit.

There’s one scene where she is looking at her wrist. She feels something was amiss. She goes back to where she’s standing and probably gets it all back. 

Btw, @Ni Wen brought to my attention ... The outfit she is wearing ... the day of her going all Sherlock homes ... it’s the same one where they wished for the soccer match. 

OMG! That scene made me cry! Like literally. I’m not even a big fan of the leads ... I watched the show from a very calm and appreciative perspective. It’s not like I don’t appreciate all the shows I watch till the end! But that scene ... I feel like watching it again! 

Other than the romance .... I’m really looking forward to those kind of sadist scenes between the leads. 

12 minutes ago, Nymeria289 said:

Okay, I don't want Yeon Seo to forget.....has anybody here seen Just Like Heaven.....I want a ending like that

She won’t lose her memory. She will get it back. Eventually. 

What do you think is happening here? :lol:

ezgif-1-5e0c80528c6c.gif

They won’t go the Goblin way. I would be more worried if she lost all her past memories with Dan. An other concern of mine is, if she ends up remembering, I hope her facts don’t end up being wrong. Her asking him, So You Never Loved Me? I wonder where she is coming from? What made her say that? @briseis Put some light on this! :lol:

18 minutes ago, titania1000 said:

On Kim Dan, i guess i was too naive too believe that they would work together:  the war is on between the human who became an angel and the angel who became a human. I haven't seen yet all Kim Dan's scenes with subs (only the ones that refer to Kang Woo) but i feel like Dan is losing himself dangerously, that he actually crossed the red line between good and bad few times. I'm worried about how far he will go: 

• I'm not surprised he broke into Kang Woo's office and search his affairs like it was normal, that's why angels do in this world: breaking human privacy.
  • I'm surprised however that he didn't seem more curious about Seol Hee,  especially why she looked like Yeon Seo. I suppose he guessed that she died but he didn't even ask how and why she died, how did Kang Woo met her, etc. I mean i expected him to be more shocked. 
  •  He reached a new peak in his need of control and possessiveness: it's not up to him to appoint how qualify or not to be a love interest for Yeon Seo. He's basically redefining alone his mission by excluding Kang Woo and making himself the only winner of the competition.
  • He's becoming greedy: after recovering his memory, he should have understood that he was given a second chance to say goodbye to the people that he left behind but instead he blamed his father on his death bed and refuse to give up on Yeon Seo. There's no riddle left here. The answers were all given by the ederly women when she died: she showed him the right way to react to separation and injustice but he's refusing it.    
  • He thinks too higly of himself: as someone special like Kang Woo said who deserve a different ending from the ederly angel and his wife, from the "young angel" that Kang Woo and Hu mentioned. 
  • He knows after Hu and Kang Woo's warning that Yeon Seo is in danger but still takes the risk to stay at her side as if the consequences will only be for him and he could deal with it alone.
  • He clearly suffers from a superiority complex because of his powers and his status of angel as he showed to Kang Woo in few conversations: thinking that someone like him can not be pushed in the fiery pit, telling Kang Woo to obey the angel, calling him a foolish and weak human being. He made negative comments before about humans beings and their lies and their foolish way to love. Clearly his only reason to become human is  Yeon Seo, which for me means he's not suited to live among humans anymore.

I shorten your comment as I think you bring up interesting point about Dan. I do wonder how far he could go before becoming bad. would he stop to reflect before he reached no turning point. but I really can see why he act this way as he have suddenly got his memory back about his past witch have shocked him. also he do not have anyone to really talk  about this and do not have any bassis to knowing how to react so in the end he is a confused person acting on impulse. witch like you say is a dangerous forse that could end in destruction... I do not know if he is really have superiority complex as to me he is allot more naive about humans emotions and do not really understand them, eve his own. even tough he clearly is falling for Yeon seo I do not think he really understand the concept of love. to me he still is processing every new emotion he is feeling and trying to understand them. He slowly start do analyse what happens around Yeon seo so I am sure he soon gonna start to protect her from the people that want to hurt her. 

I think both Dan and Yoen seo have still lesson to learn about love and what it means to love someone. so predict there is still some twist to come.  I really hope Dan never lose some of his good nature as I think it maybe gonna save him in the end. I think he deserve happiness after what he went true as kid. I think they both deserve it! 

17 minutes ago, jakey09 said:

She won’t lose her memory. She will get it back. Eventually. 

What do you think is happening here? :lol:

They won’t go the Goblin way. I would be more worried if she lost all her past memories with Dan. An other concern of mine is, if she ends up remembering, I hope her facts don’t end up being wrong. Her asking him, So You Never Loved Me? I wonder where she is coming from? What made her say that? @briseis Put some light on this! :lol:

I think you put too much faith in my ability to analyse and predict what's going to happen considering this show has proven to be rather unpredictable. However, I wouldn't get stressed over it too much. I suspect that it probably won't be Dan who tinkers with YS's memory because other than his healing ability and his wings appearing when it rains he is pretty much human, unless the writer will give him a new ability out of nowhere which would really disappoint me. However, I would say YS will either suffer a temporary memory loss due to the trauma and shock of the incident or far more likely, it will be Hoo who will make her forget the incident because he is the one who is trying to separate Dan from YS the most at this point.

Regarding YS's quote that Dan never really loved her, she will probably retain her memories and find out that Dan is SW and Dan will reveal to her the whole truth, including that his mission was to make her fall in love so she will naturally get the wrong idea and I think that the fact that it all started as a mission coming back to bite Dan was in the game from the very beginning so it was only a matter of time. However, I don't think that the angst will last too long.

8 minutes ago, briseis said:

I think you put too much faith in my ability to analyse and predict what's going to happen considering this show has proven to be rather unpredictable. However, I wouldn't get stressed over it too much. I suspect that it probably won't be Dan who tinkers with YS's memory because other than his healing ability and his wings appearing when it rains he is pretty much human, unless the writer will give him a new ability out of nowhere which would really disappoint me. However, I would say YS will either suffer a temporary memory loss due to the trauma and shock of the incident or far more likely, it will be Hoo who will make her forget the incident because he is the one who is trying to separate Dan from YS the most at this point.

Regarding YS's quote that Dan never really loved her, she will probably retain her memories and find out that Dan is SW and Dan will reveal to her the whole truth, including that his mission was to make her fall in love so she will naturally get the wrong idea and I think that the fact that it all started as a mission could come bite Dan back was in the game from the very beginning so it was only a matter of time. However, I don't think that the angst will last too long.

Because I enjoy reading them and they are practical. :lol: And you end up thinking something that I miss. :lol:

It’s unpredictable to all of us. That’s why I’m shocked couple of my predictions really came true. 

But the show being unpredictable ... isn’t the beauty of it?! 

My thoughts:  Kim Dan became YS’s guardian angel because when he was a boy, it was his wish to be a grown up so he can protect YS.  Even though he was not able to fulfill that as a human because he died, he was given that chance to protect as an angel.

Right now, Kim Dan is at the point where he has to choose between what he wants (desires) or what God wants him to do (mission) even if it doesn’t make sense to him.   So in a sense, it’s a test of his faith and obedience to God.

I think if he chooses the 1st option, he will end up like Kang Woo but if he chooses the 2nd option, he and YS will get his happy ending.

I think the mistake of Kang woo is he tried to put his own desires before his mission (justifying his decision that God would want be to be happy) so he ended up losing what he wanted the most.

I think if Kim Dan chooses to give up YS (in effect sacrificing what he wants the most) is how he will actually be rewarded and end up being with her.

Good morning :blush:

Rewatching since ep 1,  I'm curiuos about the scene YS jumped from the bridge.

What happened next ?  Did Dan saved her or she just changed her mind and swam up by herself ?

At first I think there would be flashback later , but now 20 episode has passed but no revisit to that scene.

Or does it contain some important thing that the writer intends to hide this secret from us, probably related to how the story will end ? 

Another thing is ...where is Gu Reum ? 

The last time I saw the dog is when YS practiced to walk. She got no one left so Gu Reum became important to her.

But later after she found Dan again in the garden and both became lover, then the dog was completely neglected....so poor  :sweat_smile:

3 minutes ago, immorethant said:

Good morning :blush:

Rewatching since ep 1,  I'm curiuos about the scene YS jumped from the bridge.

What happened next ?  Did Dan saved her or she just changed her mind and swam up by herself ?

At first I think there would be flashback later , but now 20 episode has passed but no revisit to that scene.

Or does it contain some important thing that the writer intends to hide this secret from us, probably related to how the story will end ?

Don’t watch it now! Let’s watch it when the show ends and we all go into depression! 

I thought since Public saw her jumping from the bridge, somebody called 911 and saved her. 

Or was it KW? The way he saved Dan from drowning. 

3 minutes ago, immorethant said:

Another thing is ...where is Gu Reum ? 

The last time I saw the dog is when YS practiced to walk. She got no one left so Gu Reum became important to her.

But later after she found Dan again in the garden and both became lover, then the dog was completely neglected....so poor  :sweat_smile:

He is jealous that his Miss is busy romancing an Angel. He is plotting to reveal his identity. 

I watched about 20 mins of episode 10 and had to hit pause. When I finished watching episode 9, I was emotionally affected after Dan recovered his memories particularly the ones involving his abusive dad. Why be so cruel to allow him to remember the most painful moments in his life when he's already forgotten them? Now I understand when watching the scene of him explaining to YS that he had gone to meet his dad. How he was able to ask his dad what he wanted to know and say goodbye. YS asked if his dad apologized. Dan said fortunately yes. It doesn't erase the past, but in this way, hopefully, both Dan and his father can free themselves from some torment, if not all.

I have to re-watch the beginning to remember how Dan's mission of love was phrased to him. In this part, Dan said, "he (his dad) should have loved him". This made me realize that Dan has never felt love. So, I wonder if the mission of love goes both ways for YS and Dan. YS will also show Dan what is love. When YS was comforting him, it seemed like feelings and emotions are still foreign to him. Maybe Dan will gradually learn to experience them as we do as human beings.

Anyway, I really liked how this part was written. KMS' acting was spot on.

They better not erase her memories of SW. :huh: 

And they better not erase any of her memories with Dan!!! :crazy:

I agree it might be Hoo who did that. Don't think Dan had the power to erase memories, otherwise he do not even need to keep running away when rain comes to avoid his wings being exposed.

Dan had already decided to tell her everything at the place they first met... before she was kidnapped. I believe Hoo might have did something there to interfere. 

Archived