[Weekend Event] Earn 2x Soompi Points
Update #9 is being installed. Service disruptions are expected. We apologize for the inconvenience.
meechuttso

[Drama 2019] Angel's Last Mission: Love 단, 하나의 사랑

The superman with wings saving Ballerina Lois was just shot so badly....I love this show but there are so many ways to shoot that instead of Dan flying in looking like an idiot wearing a shirt with those fake wings. Imagine this, Yeon Seo is falling, they do a bit of slow motion of the fall focusing on her face when rain starts to fall. The lighting is flashing in her iris. Drops of water fall, then suddenly she feels like somebody is holding her and she sees Dan. In a close up. She is calm seeing his face but thinks she is hallucinating. We see Dan's feet touching the ground. Yeon Seo is shocked, scared looking into Dan's eyes. It is now fully raining. Dan puts her down still holding her close. She finally realizes what has happened and through the rain and lightining sees that Dan has wings. Not feathery white ones, its sort of transparent, shining with light(Not bright though). She is in awe and in shock. Thunder strikes loudly again basking them in light temporarily, she takes a step back startled and she sees it shine again and the shadow of it on the ground. Now fully realizing that Dan is not human.

• Like 3
  • Love 9

23 minutes ago, thistle said:

After losing all of the loved ones in her life so tragically, YS has recently found true love with Dan who loves her back unconditionally, and she has just won the part of Giselle that she struggled so desperately to win.  IMHO, every cell in her body is going to be screaming that she wants to live. 

She should be clawing at the air and kicking against fate until the very last microsecond.  Instead, she's floating to her death like Ophelia.

By the way, I vividly recall how I felt when I fell out of the attic several years ago at my home.  Although I didn't have anything important to look forward to or any loved ones who cared, I STILL battled against falling.

It's different for everyone, depending on who the person is and the situation itself.

We do have to remember that she has lived majority of her life living day by day just because, she's someone who used to suspect everything and reject everyone who shows that they care. Also with the height of the building I doubt anyone will really expect a miracle to save them.

I for one also experienced a close to death encounter, when you just lose all hope, you just instinctually accept it and close your eyes.

• Like 7

But I’ll watch and comment slowly by slowly. 

One thing I’m concerned ... we have 3 weeks left, 6 episodes ... please let her find the truth already about everything, so they can romance with easier mind. Before they go against the world, Deity. 

Suddenly I feel the times gonna go too fast now! Ah! Couldn’t this show be at least 20 episodes?!

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

17 minutes ago, iffy21 said:

A nice article following today's episode...need translation for netizens comments @immorethant or @meechuttso Please help.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/112/0003178492?cluid=enter_201906202240_00000001

Can you use Naver or Google Translate?

They are mostly talking about the bad wings. And sweet potatoes.

My favorite comment there is the netizen who wants to "order a guardian angel." 

Might need to go to the Dark Web for that...

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Sorry y'all! I'm currently working so I can't post about my initial reactions till I watch this episode with eng subs. 

Although i am enjoying all your posts, this was literally me when I was reading them! 

*secretly fangirling!* 

8123f730-508a-41a3-802f-5bd997535c06-ori

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4

KBS is terribly misleading with the previews. The preview for 20 made it look like YL hit the ground after she jumped. The voice over is her cousin wishing she was dead...while all along it was her hand laying on the stage as she ended her dance, at least 30 min before she was pushed off the building.

I know people are saying she didn't kick and flop her arms while falling... Honestly .... It only takes seconds to fall that distance and she is coming against the force of gravity and wind. It's not like she can grab onto something... life is flashing before your eyes... Is this really happening to me....terminal velocity of a falling object is 120mph or 193kmph....BAM! It's kind a quick. 

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

6 minutes ago, kokkuri33 said:

Can you use Naver or Google Translate?

My favorite comment there is the netizen who wants to "order a guardian angel." 

Might need to go to the Dark Web for that...

Some of the sentences makes sense! I have not seen any comments about bad wings, yes to sweet potatoes which I have no idea what that refers to.

Can I join you on the Dark Web to "order a guardian angel"? I know someone in the cybersecurity field that can help us...JUST SAYING. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

8 minutes ago, iffy21 said:

Some of the sentences makes sense! I have not seen any comments about bad wings, yes to sweet potatoes which I have no idea what that refers to. 

That might mean that you're the sweet potato.

18 minutes ago, kokkuri33 said:

Are they like me thinking about food :joy:

15610400021561039995.gif

my thought looking at his wings :mrgreen:

5d0bae6dd14f7557008119.gif?download

• Like 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2

33 minutes ago, kitkatrmjung said:

We do have to remember that she has lived majority of her life living day by day just because, she's someone who used to suspect everything and reject everyone who shows that they care.

Maybe some people do just give up.  But I don't see YS like that--she has great strength of character and she has beaten the odds.  Although she did not want to live during the first episode, she said that once she met Kim Dan she began to want to live. She has been fighting for her life and her love.  She would not be weak.  Even though it would seem impossible, she would fight.   I cannot imagine her willingly and aimlessly floating to doom.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, kokkuri33 said:

That might mean that you're the sweet potato.

LOL, I would prefer to be sweet chocolate than potato. ;)B)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, iffy21 said:

LOL, I would prefer to be sweet chocolate than potato. ;)B)

I think "sweet potato" refers to someone who doesn't understand- maybe like a friend who doesn't always follow (the thought process, or the conversation.)

But "sweet potatoes" or "eating sweet potatoes" means frustration/being frustrated? Like being frustrated with the storyline? 

Maybe? Depending on context?

An expert will probably need to explain this- seems a bit slangy.

• Thanks 5

7 minutes ago, thistle said:

Maybe some people do just give up.  But I don't see YS like that--she has great strength of character and she has beaten the odds.  Although she did not want to live during the first episode, she said that once she met Kim Dan she began to want to live. She has been fighting for her life and her love.  She would not be weak.  Even though it would seem impossible, she would fight.   I cannot imagine her willingly and aimlessly floating to doom.

I would honestly really question her not flailing if she wasn't falling from that distance. Gravity will surely pull her, and pull her FAST. Floating would be impossible, since the fall would most likely be a for a couple of seconds. 

Anyways, I have been enjoying reading your analysis and sharing what you've learned about Angels.:thumbsup::D

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, kokkuri33 said:

I think "sweet potato" refers to someone who doesn't understand- maybe like a friend who doesn't always follow (the thought process, or the conversation.)

But "sweet potatoes" or "eating sweet potatoes" means frustration/being frustrated? Like being frustrated with the storyline? 

Thanks @kokkuri33

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kokkuri33 said:

Not sure if it's of any help, but what I noticed in variety shows is that, they put a cg of steaming sweet potatoes when someone or something is being frustrating. You can get better translations if you use papago btw. :D

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Shosi_for_9 said:

by the way, got some news from weibo "Woohyun and Myungsoo were spotted at Sejong University cafeteria eating dinner today,"

shs alumni from sejong univ right?

She is! :wub:

• Like 3

Sorry, @iffy21,  just saw your post before I'm going to slepp,  actually it's very late night in my time zone. 

So if tomorrow netizen drama doesn't translate those fan's comment already or if @meechuttso didn't spread her wings and fly saving me by translating this, I will try to translate that (with my poor skill :sweatingbullets:).

For sweet potato and cider, here may help you with the meaning of both slangs.

http://koreanforinternauts.blogspot.com/2017/05/when-someone-just-doesnt-get-it-and.html

'Sweet potato'  (고구마) it's like frustrating feeling (like when you eat hot potato and it's hard to swallow)

and 'Cider' (사이다) like satisfying or relief feeling (like you drink cider to improve your digestion).

Spoiler

고구마 이제 더이상 먹을 목구멍도 없어요 대체 단연이들 로맨스는 언제 제대로 진행돼요? 고구마99에 사이다 아주 가끔1 이거 아니잖아요

Refer from this sentence in the article's comment.  He/she probably just want Dan-Yeon to get happy (the same as us) and said that it's very frustrating (too much sweet potato and no more throat to eat :sweatingbullets: ) When will Dan-Yeon' s romance will go in the right direction ? It's like there're are 99% of sweet potato moments and only 1% for cider moments.  

Sorry if I mistranslate , that's why I hide this to save myself from embarrassment.

Good night Chingu. I'm so sleepy...:sleeping:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2