[Drama 2019] Angel's Last Mission: Love 단, 하나의 사랑

meechuttso

Instant love! Everything about this show just clicks... leads/story/ost  It’s been a while since a drama has got me like this. The last kdrama was Secretary Kim and a cdrama About Is Love & they didn’t fail. Anyway, just wanted to share my enthusiasm for the show. Can’t wait for next week!

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, selen4ever said:

Just saw the first 2 episodes and I am it so far. Especially the chemistry/banter between the leads. 

The way angels are represented in this drama reminds me very much of the movie "City of Angels (1998)", but I really hope this drama has a happy ending instead of how the movie ended.  :)

@selen4ever I agree completely.  Their banter is really good.  I hope something that they maintain in the series is Kim Dan actually speaking his thoughts allowed, forgetting that now as a human, people can actually hear him.  This would be a great way to create so many arguments between our leads, other people and fights in places like bars.

I also agree that this has a similar vibe as City of Angels.  I hope though that it does not have a similar ending as that movie.  I hated how that movie ended.

The more I see of Kim Dan's character, the more hilarious he gets.  As others have already pointed out SHS is an amazing actress with a phenomenal range of emotions that she can portray.  they are already demonstrating great chemistry.

Inevitably KD and LYS were fated from an early age to be out OTP.  It seems like this is almost a legal requirement for KDramas.  Of the past 7 series I have watched recently, I think 5 of them have been fated couples.  However, I am curious to see who's memory is sparked during that particular scene.  Looking forward to next week's episodes.

DId anybody else get a slight 2nd OTP vibe between Ni Na and Kang Woo when he was rubbing her foot?  The way she was looking at him near the end of that scene just sparked a feeling in me.

12 hours ago, briseis said:

I keep replaying the last scene where Dan shields YS with his wings because it's so perfect.

Yes, Dan's just doing his job, following his guardian-Angelic nature, but how we need this assurance that someone's looking out for us, especially when we feel all alone in the world. :innocent: Beautiful gifs @briseis how do you make them sparkle so?

12 hours ago, immorethant said:

:joy::joy:  Love his acting , so cute and funny.

Everyone should have a guardian angel like this at home.

반짝반짝 (pan-jak pan-jak)

Shining brightly

@immorethant I like to say, "sparkle sparkle" - I actually cried at that moment, when Dan said at the interview - that he can help Yeon-Seo sparkle again. I was disappointed when Dan was frustrated watching her try and smile for her loving deceased guardian Jo Seung-Hwan (played by wonderful actor Jang Hyun-Sung) at the funeral, but whether becoz Dan knew all along from when he heard in her bedroom when secretary JSH told Yeon-Seo how he wishes he could see her happy again like how she used to be, and see her sparkle just once more, it just hit me when Dan remembered somehow at the interview, and I cried watching that subtle surprised look of hope and delight on Yeon-Seo's face at the mysterious young man's simple but beautiful healing words. Dan may be clueless about many things, but he instinctively seems to know what makes her (and humans) tick - what prima ballerina wouldn't want to sparkle again? She has seen her first death (end of ballet for a ballerina), then the second death at suicide attempt into the water, another near death that Dan saved her from, and now the chandelier could have been the end of her, but the predictable grand entrance of Dan, the new Guardian to save her, ... well. Of course I cried again. :innocent: I can't get enough of Dan. It's like I am become Yeon-Seo inside watching this drama.

11 hours ago, titania1000 said:

It's good to see you here @bebebisous33

Your analysis are as always on point and stimulating but i doubt this drama has enough "meat" to keep up the pace with your deduction skills. You have already resolved the mystery which is supposed to sustain us all season! :lol:  

Great to have IMMORTALS on any thread, of course! Feels like it's been a long while since I've been on a thread with @titania1000 and immortals.:w00t::w00t: But great insights for sure from @bebebisous33 already!

10 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Your comment made me laugh:lol:. To me, the mystery is not really solved because

(sorry I cut you short to make a point)...

10 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Furthermore this drama has caught my attention because the script and cinematography are rich. The writer and director use metaphors and the ballet making it possible to analyze deeper.

Yes, I think mystery dramas are great, but it's hard to do it well for someone as picky as me. So I prefer dramas like this one, where the mystery is not in the plot prediction details, but in the ways that the characters might behave in the challenging situations the story presents. The moral dilemmas and the philosophical implications - of which Dan will give us plenty to talk about, I think.:innocent:

And I do have a slightly different take on Ni-Na than what others may have concluded. I think she is not evil like her mother or her sister, and I hope she doesn't go to the dark side. She's clearly smitten by her new artistic director JGW's foot massage - can't fault the poor girl for that, can we? Her mother (CYJ) was lamenting just how such a nice (but weak) Ni-Na came from her womb at the hospital after visiting with Yeon-Seo, and her husband (KKC) did say she's just like her father (incompetent at business but has genuine sympathy for Yeon-Seo without a family, and at least not a murderer like his wife?) Also I think that JGW being the great artistic director and coach, will elevate everyone  to a new artistic level, not just Yeon-Seo from her pity-party; and who knows? Ni-Na might just become the thing that even her family didn't predict - at least I think Dan would want that for her, too.:sweatingbullets:

3hA3CIT.gif&key=373ab7c6371b4acdde8210b9  :wub:Sparkle Sparkle:wub:

And welcome again to the thread, @tamachon @mylovekge @blademan @Dramanoona (the original crazy long gifs lady) @thistle @Wendy123 and noob @lafiguzaf with beautiful screen grabs, @larrysouth @chdom @uglypearl @selen4everand the you immortals, @0ly40 (didn't know your an L fan), @bebebisous33 and @briseis, and all you lurkers and likers! So happy to share this thread with you Angelic creatures. :w00t::innocent::wub:

One thing I'm a little concerned about is the huge gaps in this drama:  those vast canyons between the very silly comedic and the very threateningly dramatic.  There needs to be more meshing between the two somehow because, as much as I enjoyed the first episodes, I still thought it was a bit of a bumpy ride because it was uneven.

Good catch, @larrysouth I noticed the major chemistry going on, too.  But I'm also kinda getting a bad guy vibe from KW, and I don't exactly trust him.  But, to be fair, there's a whole bunch of untrustworthy and potentially dangerous people (like that horrible aunt!) in the background.

I'm gonna be interested to see how all this plays out.  We have great actors to watch so I'm hoping it will be fun.

And I really hope that in the next episode YS remembers that she saw KD's angel wings.  

Episode 3 (or 5-6) preview for next week! :scream::love::innocent:

EDIT.

The lettering on the book Dan is writing on at the beginning says:

REPORT PAPER - Recipient of Duty  - Lee Yeon-Seo's rib discover (find)

Spoiler

보고서 -            임무대상자?   이연서의 갈빗대를 발견

Clearly an allusion to Genesis Biblical reference to a love match for Yeon-Seo (instead of making an Eve from Adam's rib, Dan is considering her match to be made from her rib - meaning, one that's the perfect match for her, made from her side, not from other sources), I think. :phew:B):tounge_wink:

1 hour ago, meechuttso said:

And I do have a slightly different take on Ni-Na than what others may have concluded. I think she is not evil like her mother or her sister, and I hope she doesn't go to the dark side

Agreed with this,  I think there are many scenes in the drama that shown Ni-Na has a good heart inside (the scene that the car hit the dog , the scene that when Yeon-Seo entered the room she was the one who smiled first to see her, and the scene that the family visit Yeon-Seo after eyes operation). She  just received bad influences from her mother and sister. And as I guess the story , it would be like this.

- Dan need to find love for Yeon-Seo, so he will try to match YS with JKW

- However, Ni-Na got a crush on JKW and YS is attracted to Dan (his mission failed since their 1st encounter from childhood but he didn't know)

- At some point Ni-Na may act as b*tchy 2nd female because she understood that Yeon-Seo will return to ballet to take away her odette role and also take her crush JKW.

- But in the end, as Yeon-Seo's heart belongs to Dan, I think Ni-Na character will become more lovable and will show that she's not evil at all, and after that JKW may start to develop feeling for Ni-Na. (And I hope we will get to see both Dan and YS play as cupid to help Ni-Na and JKW to build relationship, should be funny and cute).

- I also think that JKW may know YS at the young age too.  He might watch young Yeon-Seo on stage and impressed with her dancing (or from other reason that kept secret for now). so he decided to become the art director and get this job position to get close to Yeon-Seo. He just shown up after he heard the news that YS will appear in the Ballet Fantasia party and suddenly declare the lead role to be for YS.  (Sound like the 3rd lead doctor in '30but17' which he decided to become a doctor for female lead).

1 hour ago, meechuttso said:

"sparkle sparkle"

Yes, that's the apt word 'sparkle sparkle'.  Sorry that my English and my Korean so poor that sometime I can't find the right word to communicate, so many words translation from dictionary. So I just use this 반짝반짝 translation from the Eng sub of version that I watched :lol:, please forgive me.

53 minutes ago, Ni Wen said:

https://m.vlive.tv/video/130576

Part 3 Making video is here!

Wow !!! great ! I'm going to ask KBS that now we just finished first week airing ,please give me BTS. 

Thank you so much KBS and @Ni Wen for sharing.

And wow...it's so scary seeing she really sat inside the car with the crane lifting and tilting it and need to act in that scene and still did that so well.  (but actually I want to see more BTS of cute scene in the park :P).

And can I have 'Happy Together' too....after next week's episode ends ?

29 minutes ago, immorethant said:

And can I have 'Happy Together' too....after next week's episode ends ?

I second this! Please grant us this wish KBS!

Same here, I prefer to see cute bts scenes in the park and those in the house. :lol:  We can only hope for the next Making video. :tears:

Wow, so many folks joined in! Welcome all! 

Where to start from? Today it took ages for episodes to get subbed! Before I could go gaga over the episode, the preview kept me distracted! The hall-walking scene and YS pulling Dan towards her in the Promo? I can’t wait!!

The show is cliche, sure but then again it’s a fantasy rom-com! What love story isn’t? I was talking to @mylovekge earlier and predicted the ratings will go down this time (8.6%) and I was right! I expected few viewers to drop down. Fantasy rom com is not everyone’s cup of tea. It’s almost considered childish perception of love. I wasn’t expecting this much of ratings to begin with and I’m glad the opposite happened! I’m sure Hae Sun is pretty happy as well! L & HS gave their best with their characters and performances ... now the ratings will be dependant on the story and upcoming chemistry. If everything is good, this show can reach double digits in the rest 30 episodes! 

The first two episodes already gave us a few twists. I thought, the accident would be cause of her blindness, that was not the case. I thought LYS will stay blind for at least half way through and that did not happen as well. In fact, I’m kind of disappointed! Hae Sun was doing such a fabulous job playing one ... it almost feels like a loss! But then again I was sure she will get them back eventually. To believe and witness Dan’s truth, she would need her eyesight. 

At the end of episode, the glimpses of their childhood is love! Contrary to what everyone is saying, I don’t think Dan died as a child. Maybe that was just an encounter. I could be wrong. I also feel that hugged happened after he jumped into the water. Maybe, maybe not. I just don’t want it to be too cliche. I’m just hopping he is unconscious somewhere, just like how they showed in Let’s Fight Ghost.

I don’t want it to have a sad ending! LYS losing all her loved ones ... it will be too tragic to see her losing the love of her life. 

Btw, I’m loving the secretary and LYS bond! Hell, I’m loving all the LYS-Secretary-Dan scenes! I hope we have more in the future! 

What I expected is not happening, so I wonder how the story and love story will unfold from here on? I hope it’s not all about her going back on stage and working hard towards getting her talent back. Yes, I want to see that but hoping to see many twists in the future! 

13 minutes ago, immorethant said:

Sorry that my English and my Korean so poor that sometime I can't find the right word to communicate, so many words translation from dictionary. So I just use this 반짝반짝 translation from the Eng sub of version that I watched :lol:, please forgive me.

LoL, stop that, @immorethant  From now on I won't accept your silly needless apologies unless you accompany it with SHS apology gifs. Like this.

iHFvne1.gif You know the drill...

Spoiler

You know the drill

iHFvne1.gif&key=59cd5a12d7a99f5a57aa1653

14 minutes ago, immorethant said:

Wow !!! great ! I'm going to ask KBS that now we just finished first week airing ,please give me BTS. 

Thank you so much KBS and @Ni Wen for sharing.

OK, while you go to your factory to generate lovely sparkly gifs of L hanging on wires, here are a couple to hold us over.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Shamelessly unapologetically stolen from the twittersphere @dinah the cat

Why do I think Ni Na's sister is behind everything that happened to YS? I mean their mom is ambitious and corrupt and a true-blue YS hater :D but that's all she is. She seems weak to me.  LOL this mysterious sister  just looks diabolical. :sweat_smile: 

@immorethantso right about the details. She really knows how to shift her emotions and facial expressions in a split second. 

And L, oh my goodness, L. Those dimples are just UGH, to die for! :wub: I love his comedic timing. I guess this is why their chemistry is great. Even before they have actually spoken to each other, like face to face, the chemistry is strong. 

Looking forward to next week!

SHS, stop making me cry!!!! :confounded:

13 minutes ago, jakey09 said:

The show is cliche, sure but then again it’s a fantasy rom-com! What love story isn’t? I was talking to @mylovekge earlier and predicted the ratings will go down this time (8.6%) and I was right!

This isn't so bad! When you said it would probably go down, I was already expecting a 6 or even a 5. LOL The show is just gaining momentum, I'm sure it will still attract viewers given that 90% of the reviews are positive. AJA! :blush:

18 minutes ago, mylovekge said:

Why do I think Ni Na's sister is behind everything that happened to YS? I mean their mom is ambitious and corrupt and a true-blue YS hater :D but that's all she is. She seems weak to me.  LOL this mysterious sister  just looks diabolical. :sweat_smile: 

I agree. Plus, though she is evil but I’m still loving her! She is hilarious evil! I like those kind! :lol: 

Speaking of crying ... I forgot to mention .. though everyone said, the first episode made them cry ... I don’t know if y’all really mean it or a figure of speech ... :lol: I don’t usually but ... LYS breakdown today really hit home! She actually made me teary eyed. That woman knows how to make you into one! 

About the rating, let's see if the promotional pretend-to-kiss scene will help ( I think it's a troll and she will slap him in that scene :joy:).  But if it doesn't hep on next Wednesday,  then please do real kiss on Thursday.

About the cliche, don't know, for my personal view, every show or drama or movie nowadays are cliche, because we can always relate or link some scenes to old works. So it's quite hard for me now to expect anything totally original , so I don't have any expectation.  I admitted that I just watch this drama because of Shin Hye Sun .... LOL :P  Any other things are bonus for me (like Myung Soo - such a lovely eye-candy bonus, or ballet, OST, or other cast's acting which are good so far).

For Ni-Na's mom, I'm not sure yet whether she or Ni-Na's sister is the one who hire the guy to tamper with the car brake. I think the mom has motive because Mr. Jo is investigating her involvement to obstruct YS for eyes transplant. So she may need to get rid of both YS and Mr. Jo once for all. If she really did that , it's not just about causing accident to happen with other person but it's about murdering people , which is purely evil.  Not sure either she's the one who is the reason of YS's parent's death. We will know later.

6 minutes ago, jakey09 said:

I agree. Plus, though she is evil but I’m still loving her! She is hilarious evil! I like those kind! :lol: 

Totally agreed, the yesterday scene when she had argument with her husband and did the ballet pose, make me LOL.... She may be an evil but evil with charming ballet movement.

Comments from Netizen regarding ep 3-4.

1.[+852, -45] Shin Hye Sun’s emotional acting has got deeper…I like her acting, It’s immersive…L also matches well the angel role…ㅋ

2.[+637, -81] Why there is no article on the main page about this? It’s a daebak drama!!!!!! Actor Kim Myung Soo’s visual is seriously top class but his acting is also good!!!

3.[+384, -29] Shin Hye Sun’s acting is crazy…Myung Soo’s beauty is crazy…Everyone is good at acting so It’s fun to watch!!

4.[+278, -31] This drama is really so fun ㅌㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Shin Hye Sun is so pretty ㅜㅜ I hope everyone will have good dreams tonight!!! I have to wait a week ㅜㅜ

5.[+204, -18] Hye Sun’s crying, you can seriously trust and watch her

6.[+79, -6] His face seems more like CGI than the wings. He was so handsome in today’s ending. His hair was wet so he looked even more handsome. His visual is so unrealistic. The chemistry between the leads is also good. Judging from the preview, looks like they will fight, I’m looking froward to it ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ The drama’s content is a little depressing but it’s funny whenever the male lead appears ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ His role feels necessary to change the atmosphere. The male lead is expressing Dan really well.

7.[+74, -3] Today’s ending was so good, L’s face is seriously the best CGI

8.[+72, -5] When I saw the drama’s preview I thought It’s childish, who will watch this? But now i feel frustrated that I have to wait a week ㅠㅠㅋㅋㅋㅋ Both of them are pretty and handsome, they are no joke!! There is no acting hole which makes it more daebak, Angel’s Last Mission fighting!!!!

9.[+64, -5] It’s so lively, no frustrating, Kim Myung Soo and Shin Hye Soo have good chemistry, It’s fun

10.[+55, -3] Myung Soo is so good at acting plus he is cute and handsome~~~

11.[+54, -8] I cried with Shin Hye Sun when she cried ㅠㅠ Kim Myung Soo was perfect at the end ㅠㅠㅠ Angel’s Last Mission fighting♡

12.[+44, -4] I was in awe because of Kim Myung Soo’s acting and then I was more in awe when I saw his face ㅋㅋㅋ

Rating: 6.6% | 8.6%

https://www.netizendrama.com/spoilers-angels-last-mission-love-e03-04-rating/

The part when Yeonseo stood up from the dining table and stretch out her hand, Dan strutted to her side obediently to give his arm, and he looked at the dining table with his chopsticks and spoon while walking away :lol:... that expression is hilarious. Gosh these two are so cute! Their chemistry is seriously on fire. And i never expected i would enjoy L's acting! He's making me laugh every moment with his silly antics. 

By the way I haven't watched the subbed episode yet so i will be back with my thoughts after that.

he4GYY.png

So I am watching Ep 1 and already tears are rolling down my cheeks. Especially since I know what happens to ajusshi.

So I think I will avoid spoilers until I actually watch the drama.

But both leads acting are top-notch. The evil baddies are true caricatures.

I am just concerned about lead angel's warning about laying a hand on humans and you will disappear like smoke and dust.

*shivers*

BAck after watching Ep 2.

Cried like crazy when she was watching the DVDs of her and Mr Jo.

And everything is good so far. Love how KD manages to push her buttons.

And hilarious when his wings popped out and he was trying to get them back in.

I will be back with crazy long gifs.

Will rewatch again tonight.

Hehe.

Archived