[Drama 2019] Angel's Last Mission: Love 단, 하나의 사랑

meechuttso

I found it funny when he hurt his angel wings when it hit the door entrance:D Did he forget to fold it like he usual y does when he is flying!! Or it only flaps when he is flying!! Man why do I have so many questions about a wing!!!

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/24/2019 at 7:18 PM, Dramanoona said:

I think that (my thoughts) angels do not know the feeling of love, as in passionate, romantic love.

They love everyone and everything but in a benevolent manner. 

The stirrings of love and desire for an angel is probably not a good sign as an angel but perhaps it's a path to being more human.

Humans have these feelings.

Why is he compelled to save her? Pity? Sympathy? Love? or more than just love?

This is a journey where we watch an angel fall in love, a love which may require him to give up his angelic wings.

And I sincerely hope he will not dissipate into dust or smoke....

If we look at the Greek language from a classical philosophical standpoint, there are 4 different types of love: eros, storge, philia, and agape.  Eros is pretty self-explanatory in that it is the sexual or passionate love between a couple.  Storge is the love that members of family share between themselves like parents toward children and siblings toward each other.  Philia love is brotherly love borne out of friendship and goodwill.  Agape is the deepest sort of love which is a self-sacrificial love toward man in general or in the Christian religion, the love that Christ had for humanity.  I would tend to agree with you that under normal circumstances, angels would most likely love either in a Philia or Agape way.  However, given that Kim Dan has been made human, he is likely to be able to experience the other types of love as well.  I think we could have a lot of fun in this series if they used Kim Dan's lack of experience in having and dealing with the types of love that angels don't normally experience.  I can think of several hilarious scenes they could present in the show where he suddenly experiences these types of love but does not know how to express them appropriately.

1 hour ago, Liting1 said:

@immorethant

Sounds good! I actually thought it was an hour long for each episodes. But having 4 episodes of 35 minutes each every week isn't bad. A lot of dramas are cut to that short time frame of an episode now. It's confusing me. :sweat_smile:

I'm so excited for these scenes this upcoming week! I think we might see some character development/change for LYS! Yay! :wub:

Hide contents

These two are the cutest! Both are going to fall for each other and I do hope it comes soon before all the torments. 

*Gifs credit to Twitter 

Again? Don’t you think Mighty YS character development happening/changing too fast?! 

They gave her eyesight too soon. 

Let me at least enjoy the Ice Princess a bit longer!  :tears:

1 hour ago, jakey09 said:

Again? Don’t you think Mighty YS character development happening/changing too fast?! 

My personal opinion is that I think the main point of this drama is angel finding love for this woman and how YS comes back as a ballet lead.

The blindness was put in the script to help support 2 points to set up the character's depth -  1) use blindness as an obstacle that made YS unable to dance ballet  2) to have a story of Mr. Jo's sacrifice his eyes for YS.  And both points have purpose to make audience feel sympathy for YS.

After succesfully made audience feel for YS, then the story has to move on to topic of love and ballet. If YS is still blind then it will reach a dead-end where the scenes such as ballet practice, interaction between YS and Dan (especially eyes contact scenes :P) , and JKW involvement to train YS can't happen.  And the script may have some more interesting points to tell (which is good) , so they wouldn't like to drag the part of blindness.

So I don't think it's too soon to have her eyes recovered.  But the Ice Princess is still there even though she gain the eyesight, so I think we can enjoy the cold YS for a while until Dan changed her into a lovely women.

(edited)  KBS showed the drama teaser at of movie theatre. 

It would be great if it was also shown on big screen before the feature movies. 

I envy this guy, he is the first human who touched angel’s cheek.

4 minutes ago, immorethant said:

My personal opinion is that I think the main point of this drama is angel finding love for this woman and how YS comes back as a ballet lead.

The blindness was put in the script to help support 2 points to set up the character's depth -  1) use blindness as an obstacle that made YS unable to dance ballet  2) to have a story of Mr. Jo's sacrifice his eyes for YS.  And both points have purpose to make audience feel sympathy for YS.

After succesfully made audience feel for YS, then the story has to move on to topic of love and ballet. If YS is still blind then it will reach a dead-end where the ballet practice scene, the interaction between YS and Dan (especially eyes contact scenes :P) , and JKW involvement to train YS can't not take off.  And the script may have some more interesting points to tell , so they wouldn't like to drag the part of blindess.

So I don't think it's too soon to have her eyes recovered.  But the Ice Princess is still there even though she gain the eyesight, so I think we can enjoy the cold YS for a while until Dan changed her into a lovely women.

Cheers to that! 

7 hours ago, briseis said:

It was never my intention to suggest that YS and GJP are similar deep down. YS suffered so much more than GJP in her life, she has much more developed backstory,  and that's something I dealt with and mentioned in the rest of my post. The GJP-YS similarity I wanted to make is that no matter their motivation they take out their anger and frustration on everyone around them; some may deserve it, but most of them don't. I think that in this respect YS is even further gone than GJP because he was at least nice to his three friends and sister, which he respected no matter what, but YS really does hurt even the ones closest to her - that is her female secretary and Mr. Yo who was always supportive and never gossiped behind her back. It's her greatest flaw and also something which allows for greater character development in the future.

Also, LYS's world wasn't cold from the start and that's another thing I mentioned about her. She had loving, doting parents and the devoted Mr. Jo, who clearly spoiled her, and she comes from priviliged background. Losing her parents, maybe even losing Dan, might be what turned her into this cold version of herself, together with the loss of her sight. However, now she regained it and there is not much improvement really in her behaviour. In the end, she isn't the only person who lost her parents or her sight but most people don't react to tragedy like she does - meaning it's no excuse to treat other harshly because she isn't the only one suffering.

Yes, she had loving parents but they did die really early which means that she had to grow up earlier than others and was on her own. So she had to deal with Fantazia very early, while she wanted to dance ballet. So she had a lot on her shoulders. Let us not forget that there must have been jealousy, fight among the different directors, moreover LYS was quite young. The aunt only started managing Fantazia the moment LYS got hurt. Notice that for three years her closest family never visited her. That's why I said that her world was quite cold. 

As for her behavior after the accident, she feels guilty and she is missing Mr. Jo, her surrogate father. When she smiled, she actually wanted to grant him his wish (to shine as an angel) but no one around knew the meaning behind her smile and thought, she was crazy. She even went to his funeral, although she was herself not healthy. People should have acknowledged her gesture but preferred gossiping about LYS. 

Hi everyone! New in this thread! I have been a fan of Shin Hye-sun since my golden life days, I love her acting ability! She portrays her character well, her acting in 30but17 seal the deal for me! In regards to acting she is my top 1, I like few actresses but she is one of a kind in terms in acting if you know what I mean. Anyway I’m watching this series because of her and, I’m loving the synopsis of the story even my sister said same old plot angel Cupid become in love with his charge bla... bla..bla.. but you know what even drama brings old same plot like rich fall in love with the poor, or childhood sweethearts we still into it because that’s what’s make us happy, it’s like you are eating your fave dessert, I will never ever trade my fave dessert for the world! Hehehe! 

Anyway I love the first two episode and I saw a hurt, yes a spoiled angry ballerina who hates the world but I can see the her character is very redeemable, and the cute and adorable angel! I didn’t know that he is the angels for animals, which I find it endearing. I just wanted to dig in his background especially the last scene of episode 4. The director is quite mysterious but I want him to fall to our beautiful  ballerina, I want to see the progress of the love triangle here although I have a hunch that he is the true villain here like the prince who propose to princess Ana in frozen who just wanted the kingdom for himself, anyway I will stick to this story till the end. 

Someone did a short piano cover of “You Are My Angel” OST! 

I think, this OST will go down in the list of ALL TIME KDrama OSTs, if there’s such a list. :lol:

I was doubtful when I heard the first time in the teaser but now I know why KBS was so excited that they released the OST in the Promo itself! :lol: Hell, I don’t think I barely come across a show where all the OSTs were released in its premiere. I don’t remember. 

What I love about this OST is the lyrics (Thanks to Viki for subbing the lyrics as well) and the fact that it’s kind of the song you want to listen when it’s raining. It’s a typical rainy song. 

1 hour ago, jakey09 said:

I wouldn't say that regaining one's sight/vision can be considered as a character development. There has been zero change in her character and behaviour once she regained her vision. YS's blindness was never supposed to be in the focus of her story, rather a part of her life and a motivation for her behaviour. When we first meet her, we see a woman who lost everything, except for her wealth - her parents, her beloved ballet, her vision, her childhood friend, and later Mr. Jo. Now, we need to learn about her journey from the absolute rock bottom as she learns to love herself and others and overcome her own tragedy. Actually, I have to admit I find the fact that YS regains her eyesight this early and that it doesn't make her visibly happy or improve her behaviour quite a clever move because it shows that even if we are alright physically, our emotional scars and losses run much deeper and without love our life is nothing more but a mere existence. 

1 hour ago, Lj said:

Hi everyone! New in this thread! I have been a fan of Shin Hye-sun since my golden life days, I love her acting ability! She portrays her character well, her acting in 30but17 seal the deal for me! In regards to acting she is my top 1, I like few actresses but she is one of a kind in terms in acting if you know what I mean. Anyway I’m watching this series because of her and, I’m loving the synopsis of the story even my sister said same old plot angel Cupid become in love with his charge bla... bla..bla.. but you know what even drama brings old same plot like rich fall in love with the poor, or childhood sweethearts we still into it because that’s what’s make us happy, it’s like you are eating your fave dessert, I will never ever trade my fave dessert for the world! Hehehe! 

Anyway I love the first two episode and I saw a hurt, yes a spoiled angry ballerina who hates the world but I can see the her character is very redeemable, and the cute and adorable angel! I didn’t know that he is the angels for animals, which I find it endearing. I just wanted to dig in his background especially the last scene of episode 4. The director is quite mysterious but I want him to fall to our beautiful  ballerina, I want to see the progress of the love triangle here although I have a hunch that he is the true villain here like the prince who propose to princess Ana in frozen who just wanted the kingdom for himself, anyway I will stick to this story till the end. 

Welcome. 

21 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Yes, she had loving parents but they did die really early which means that she had to grow up earlier than others and was on her own. So she had to deal with Fantazia very early, while she wanted to dance ballet. So she had a lot on her shoulders. Let us not forget that there must have been jealousy, fight among the different directors, moreover LYS was quite young. The aunt only started managing Fantazia the moment LYS got hurt. Notice that for three years her closest family never visited her. That's why I said that her world was quite cold. 

As for her behavior after the accident, she feels guilty and she is missing Mr. Jo, her surrogate father. When she smiled, she actually wanted to grant him his wish (to shine as an angel) but no one around knew the meaning behind her smile and thought, she was crazy. She even went to his funeral, although she was herself not healthy. People should have acknowledged her gesture but preferred gossiping about LYS. 

Yes, YS has many reasons to behave the way she behaves and I mentioned a lot of them, but the point I wanted to make is that she takes it too far. There is no reason for her to be so cold and angry at Mr. Jo who clearly never betrayed her or hurt her and whom she has clearly loved dearly from childhood. She didn't have to take her anger out on all the innocent applicants who applied to replace Mr. Jo's position. She doesn't have to be so overly rude to her staff - they are her employees not her slaves. A lot of her behaviour is justified but some of it is not and that's a character flaw she needs to work on. And I think that's where the story will go - a (wo)man is not an island and you can't spend your whole life being angry at everybody. If she doesn't get anyone close to her, if she doesn't share her worries and troubles with anyone, if she acts cold to everyone how can anyone possibly know the meaning behind her smiles?

I wouldn't say YS was on her own. Yes, her family was basically non-existent and they were either hostile or indifferent but you yourself call Mr. Jo YS's surrogate father and from what we saw he really was one - he spoke banmal to her, called her by her name, treated her as a daughter and not as his employer, and YS clearly adored him as a child and they shared familial physical intimacy - so if she had him she couldn't have been completely alone. She had someone who loved her, she had a support mechanism.

I find your point about her parents dying early very interesting because as far as I can remember we still don't know when exactly her parents died. My guess is there will be much more backstory because there are scenes with a child YS and a teenage YS (when she practices ballet with Ni Na). And we still don't know for how long YS was in charge of Fantazia and to what extent.  Remember, YS is 26 years old so when she became blind she was 23. The age of majority in South Korea is 19. That would be the moment she would assume her legal rights to Fantazia. I think it is safe to assume YS's parents died when she was a teenager and still a minor therefore her aunt must have been in charge of Fantazia for a few years as her legal guardian until YS reached the age of majority. I guess that might have been the moment when her aunt decided to start plotting against YS because she got used to being in charge of the foundation and didn't want to share the power and influence with YS.

tumblr_ps2uy5GACx1s8t96qo6_r1_1280.png

@jakey09

I don't know how I feel about LYS's character development happening too fast. But I think I got so use to other dramas that went at this fast pace too and so I was able to handle/adapt to everything going at that pace. Tbh, I prefer more of a fast pace storyline than a slow one. That way it doesn't bored me to death. :D

@immorethant

I totally agree with you and love every point you mentioned! Thanks! :wub:

10 hours ago, immorethant said:

I'm still curious about the process to measure rating of K-drama or other Korean tv program too.

How can they measure rating at some specific time like audience's behavior can switch channel at any minute?  :blink: and then it's like they're watching other things and then just know ahead that oh...there will be the ending of this drama that this girl will be saved by the cute angel with his wings, so let's switch channel to watch this.  Or does it mean if I tune in this TV channel and then do something like surfing the net or posting in Soompi while watching, it will not be counted as a rating ? they will measure only the time when I really focus on the program ? ....so curiuos. :blink: 

I'm also curious about how to measure rating for cable TV too,  previously I was heard/read many people said you can't compare rating of main channels with cable channels directly because rating of cable should be lower as a they need subscription. If the subscription is a burden for audience not to watch the cable 's drama, why there're some dramas that got 20%+ rating from cable channel (e.g. sky castle, mr.sunshine) but there're the case the the drama that aired after that hit drama suddenly got only 1-3 % . Where are those 20% subscribers disappear to ? Why the gap of variance can be so different ? What kind of subscription period that those cables TV requires  (1-day , 1-week, 1-month or longer period) ? Can viewer subscribe to watch any drama and then just can cancel subscription not to watch at any time of their perference (e.g. like streaming channel) ?  Could someone please kindly explain ?

The ratings for cable TV channels are measured the same way it's measured for all the other TV channels. The ratings for cable TV will be always slightly lower because KBS, SBS and MBC are public channels, they don't require subscription whereas the cable channels do and therefore there will always be fewer people who have a cable subscription.

The viewership ratings in South Korea are measured by two companies - AGN Nielsen and TNmS - have some 2000-3000 households which they monitor (each household has a box which monitors which program the family is watching, how they switch the TV, and a remote control on which they indicate which member of the family is watching the program). The households are carefully handpicked in order to be reflective and accurately represent the real demographical composition of SK households (age - children, younf adults, adults, ...). Approximately 25 % of the households are changed each year to ensure objectivity. The ratings that are officially released are the data from these households. It's similar to polls that are made before elections - it all largely rallies on statistics because it's simply not logistically and financially possible to measure the data from all the Korean households. 

For more information you can visit here:

https://www.soompi.com/article/364303wpp/south-korea-tv-ratings-tns-vs-ac-nielsen

I sense happy ending in the lyrics of You Are My Angel OST. :lol::wub:

It’s All Right. It’s All Right. 

Even If Everything Is Lost

It’s All Right. It’s All Right. 

Because Someone Is Beside Me.

Even When I’m Crying

Or Feeling Lonely  

The One Who Stays By My Side, You 

Oh, You Are My Angel

Oh, You Are By My Side, Always

You’re Here 

Always

Stay Here Forever

Even It’s A Love That Cannot Be Accomplished

Don’t Be Afraid.

Leave Everything To Me

Even If The World Says No 

I Will Discover The Way With You  

Our Fate Is To Be Together 

Let’s Get Back Up Together

Ah! What beautiful lyrics! If they really follow what’s in the song, this is really from Lee Yeon Seo’s perspective!  

Once she falls in love, I can see her loving oh so passionately! And fighting for it, with that mean/passionate streak of hers! 

I’m kinda concerned though about “Our Fate Is To Be Together, Let’s Get Back Up Together.” I hope it’s not pointing to reunion after death! :ph34r:

I finally finished watching the subbed full episodes of Ep 1 and 2 today . I'm so behind but I can only watch the repeat  on KBS World on Sunday night due to some reasons. I've watched a few clips here and there though because I was so anxious to know what happened.

Anyway, I love and enjoyed the first 2 episodes so far. Everyone here knows and I'm not shy to acknowledge too that I'm watching this drama for Hyesun. Call me bias, but I totally love her portrayal of Yeonseo. Right from scene one, the way she bellowed at her poor maids for putting that pedestal and made her tripped, how her angry scream sounded in the whole mansion, how everytime she falls asleep she has nightmares, how she protected herself from bad guys, how she was angry with life and everything, how she put on a protective front hiding behind a fragile lone self, how she reacted when she lost her Mr Jo whom she was so mean to but actually loved him, that was just so Shin Hye Sun. Now I know why she wanted to take up this character even if she had to train for that darned ballet :lol:. She acted well as a blind girl that I wished she didnt regain her sight so soon. The scene where she wailed and cried while watching Mr Jo video really tore my heart. It is not just an expression... my tears brimmed and my heart sank with her. No words needed. That raw real emotional outburst that shook me. Totally.

The chemistry between Hyesun and L was so evident and bursting in JUST TWO EPISODES that I had to eat my words on my reservations on L as the ML upon early casting confirmation. They are the reason why I'm enjoying the drama so much. This is the first time I'm watching L in a drama and he surprised me. The angel role is just made for him and can I say he did an even better job because he's got a great acting partner in Hyesun? :D I love this cute silly angel!

I'm not really enjoying the ballet part though. It seems so dark and I hate the evil aunt and cousin. I've got this gut feeling that Runa is not so simple. Probably she's played a part to tample with Mr Jo's car. How Yeonseo went blind and how the chandelier fell on her. I'm suspecting Runa. There's also something behind JKW.  Why is he checking on those people in Fantasia? Seems creepy that he's showed up at the car accident so soon on that quiet highway, as if he knows something is going to happen. Has he been following Mr Jo's car?

We still don't know how Yeonseo's parents died. She said she cried and prayed for her dad to wait to see her for the last time while she was on the flight. Teenage Yeonseo could be performing or training overseas when her dad died. I believe there's bound to have a flashback in some part of the show on what happened to her parents. It could be a conspiracy to harm them when she's away. There must have a reason why she's so rude and mean to Mr Jo that we do not know yet. She did have support from Mr Jo who doted on her like a dad. But the way she's treating him is defence mechanism. She does not want her heart to love and care so she's being mean and bad and shutting herself off. Especially when he calls her Yeonseo ya, she wants to shuts herself even more. I think now I can picture that there's going to be many flashbacks in the drama including that blind scene. 

I loved that ending scene. Dan's wings appeared because danger was approaching Yeonseo. He didn't know why it appeared out of the blue and was frantic but that was a sign. These two have a deep connection. Young Yeonseo saved young Dan from drowning, Dan knew Yeonseo danced leaped into the sea and he probably saved her then too. He saved her a second time when her car was falling into the waters. Now saved her from the chandelier. She said the same thing he said when they were young.

I'm no good at analysing dramas like how good many of you are. But I'm gonna enjoy the ride these 2 months. I'm anticipating how the story develops and how Yeonseo will open up to Dan. We are only 2 episodes into the drama but there's so much I'm already looking forward to see. During this ride, the writing may disappoint, the story may not turn out to be what we expect or like but I will be on this boat till the end because I know the acting part will never fail me. Like I say I'm watching for Hyesun's acting. In any case, at least there is her acting to save the day. Anything more is a bonus.

I'm so so sorry for this super long post.:P

THE REBELLIOUS ANGEL 

Dan serves as a nice counterbalance to Yeon Seo, some would even go as far as to say that he is her direct opposite and decribe him as pure and innocent; however, that is not really true. He’s been a huge mystery and not only his past but his entire personality. From the very beginning, he’s been portrayed as somewhat of a rebel and troublemaker, being admonished by his superior for constantly meddling with human life. He definitely isn’t a tranquil, even-tempered celestial being as one would expect of an angel, instead he has trouble following rules and is unable to stand and watch when injustice takes place. Through his actions, though seemingly insignificant, Dan keeps changing the fate of humans. He has the need to help people and change their fate and that’s something inherently human as humankind has always struggled to fight the inevitability of fate as seen in the Greek mythology, for example. He keeps finding ways how to punish people which is definitely very unangelic-like. There is also the fact that he’s actually attached to Earth judging from his tearful goodbye on the rooftop.

MJSPGw7.jpg

What I found extremely poignant is the fact that Dan doesn’t start to follow Yeon Seo because of their past connections or because his heart reacts to her, but because HE IS CURIOUS ABOUT HER. He is attracted to her without knowing anything about her. This new fate between them is his own choice. If he weren’t curious about her and didn’t follow her, he would never have needed to save her on that night. And have can you care about someone without being curious about that person first? Curiosity is purely human emotions - it’s what got Adam and Eve banished from paradise and, in the end, it’s also the reason why the doors to paradise closed to Dan which is another incredible visual symbolism.

tumblr_inline_ps4xxfVis41rhkl0p_540.png

He might rant about YS’s rudeness and coldness, but the truth is that when he first saw her he saw the real her beyond the facade of steel and ice - he saw her fighting spirit as she stood up to the bullies in the park just as he saw her sadness and tragedy while she was contemplating another suicide attempt on the bridge. He was ready to meddle with human fate once again and help her against those men. He spent his last day on Earth following this woman who caught his attention and fascinated him. He risked his existence to save that woman. I think he even could relate to her and saw a part of himself as she fought those men in the park. Dan and YS are much more similar than it first seemed. Even when they clash it’s fire meeting fire, not ice.

kkg4jDY.png

5 hours ago, briseis said:

Hi @briseis, thank you so much for your info.

I've read many articles about this rating survey but still curious  because it's true that the cable requires subscription and it's was always used as an explanation of fewer rating.  But we also see the cable drama that got very high rating in one time slot and then another next day's drama got low rating again,  so I just want to know in detail of how is it possible that the subscriber can increase or decrease suddenly over the night. Is it because audience can subscribe and cancel at anytime ? Is the process of subscribe/cancel can be done easily ? Because in my country if you subscibe for a cable then it take time to install boxset and it requires to subscribe at least 3 months.  It's not like Netflix streaming that you can subscribe and cancel at any time.  Because for me I think if some cable drama can actually have 20% rating then it should mean that this amount of audiences is already existing subscribers or means the audience shouldn't have much problem to subscribe and the cable have potential to have this level of audience , and if a drama got low rating then should it be considered that those same amount of existing subscribers are just not interested to watch this drama ? rather than the reason that they just can't subscribe (which made me curious).

Anyway, sorry for bring this distracted subject, I think this thread is about ALML drama, so I should post Dan-Yeon couple pics.

3 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

Everyone here knows and I'm not shy to acknowledge too that I'm watching this drama for Hyesun. Call me bias

Same here, I started watching because of SHS too. But now I love everything , KMS, other casts, music, ballet.

Archived