Quantcast
meechuttso

[Drama 2019] Angel's Last Mission: Love 단, 하나의 사랑

I was thinking about what the guy said during Mr. Jo’s funeral - How Mr. Jo was wronged. Mystery #1.

Was he, Mr. Jo, related to LYS somehow? Then a thought occurred to me - Was he related to Dan instead? Dan & YS knew each other in childhood, Mr. Jo became her driver way before the glimpses of their childhood we see. Was he Dan’s father, I wonder? 

Dan seemed like an abused child. By his parents? Or ... It’s impossible for Dan not to be related to anyone in the show. Sounds quite lonely. I feel he probably has a connection to Mr. Jo or ... the Director?  Now, that’s an other mystery. Mystery #2. I think, his is only to do with LYS. When he went home, he greeted a freezed-out picture. Was it YS’s? 

Questions, questions!

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

• Hi everyone I'm Back again. Ok I was read all your comments and that was so great unfortunately I can't write or think like you guys but I really love this drama especially or cute Angels he so :wub: I hope until the end i enjoy this Drama . We should wait until wednesday and thursday so I make some gifs for you and myself hope you like them.

FzC2oPd.gif

qY460Wb.gif

rSK3qrn.gif

qQVkw42.gif

dp62GEx.gif

O4U9IbY.gif

W9vCHSd.gif

V4Yvveq.gif

xrYCwgx.gif

• Like 4
  • Love 5
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, immorethant said:

@Ni Wen According to this news 

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/hot-issues/view/2019/05/345332/

the ending scenes that angle Dan protected Yeon-Seo of episode 3-4 reached highest rating of 10.2% (although average rating is 6.6% and 8.6%) 

Why was the rating for that specific time so high? Was that the time when viewers gave up on Something in the Rain II One Spring Night, and switched to Ballerina's Only Love?

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Well, there is a huge difference between Gu Jun Pyo and Lee Yeon Seo, despite their rude and cold behavior. Right from the start, the beholder knows about LYS's tragedies (loss of her parents, loss of her sight) therefore we can understand why she acts like that. No viewer can really hate LYS, while it was not really the same for GJP. In the beginning, we know nothing about GJP and only see a rude and spoiled man.

Furthermore, I would like to add that the writer often uses other characters acting as rude, cold and hypocrite. We have the aunt, the jerks from the park, the workers from Fantasia and the people who attended Mr. Jo's funeral which makes LYS's coldness soften. The gossips, the smile of the aunt while hugging LYS and the harsh comments behind LYS's back illustrate how cold LYS's world has always been from the start. LYS became cold due to her tragedies but she was already surrounded by this harsh and cold world. I am quite sure that LYS must have heard comments about herself from the staff too, talking behind her back, while thinking that since she was blind, she couldn't do much.     

It was never my intention to suggest that YS and GJP are similar deep down. YS suffered so much more than GJP in her life, she has much more developed backstory,  and that's something I dealt with and mentioned in the rest of my post. The GJP-YS similarity I wanted to make is that no matter their motivation they take out their anger and frustration on everyone around them; some may deserve it, but most of them don't. I think that in this respect YS is even further gone than GJP because he was at least nice to his three friends and sister, which he respected no matter what, but YS really does hurt even the ones closest to her - that is her female secretary and Mr. Yo who was always supportive and never gossiped behind her back. It's her greatest flaw and also something which allows for greater character development in the future.

Also, LYS's world wasn't cold from the start and that's another thing I mentioned about her. She had loving, doting parents and the devoted Mr. Jo, who clearly spoiled her, and she comes from priviliged background. Losing her parents, maybe even losing Dan, might be what turned her into this cold version of herself, together with the loss of her sight. However, now she regained it and there is not much improvement really in her behaviour. In the end, she isn't the only person who lost her parents or her sight but most people don't react to tragedy like she does - meaning it's no excuse to treat other harshly because she isn't the only one suffering.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 5

37 minutes ago, kokkuri33 said:

Why was the rating for that specific time so high? Was that the time when viewers gave up on Something in the Rain II One Spring Night, and switched to Ballerina's Only Love?

I'm still curious about the process to measure rating of K-drama or other Korean tv program too.

How can they measure rating at some specific time like audience's behavior can switch channel at any minute?  :blink: and then it's like they're watching other things and then just know ahead that oh...there will be the ending of this drama that this girl will be saved by the cute angel with his wings, so let's switch channel to watch this.  Or does it mean if I tune in this TV channel and then do something like surfing the net or posting in Soompi while watching, it will not be counted as a rating ? they will measure only the time when I really focus on the program ? ....so curiuos. :blink: 

I'm also curious about how to measure rating for cable TV too,  previously I was heard/read many people said you can't compare rating of main channels with cable channels directly because rating of cable should be lower as a they need subscription. If the subscription is a burden for audience not to watch the cable 's drama, why there're some dramas that got 20%+ rating from cable channel (e.g. sky castle, mr.sunshine) but there're the case the the drama that aired after that hit drama suddenly got only 1-3 % . Where are those 20% subscribers disappear to ? Why the gap of variance can be so different ? What kind of subscription period that those cables TV requires  (1-day , 1-week, 1-month or longer period) ? Can viewer subscribe to watch any drama and then just can cancel subscription not to watch at any time of their perference (e.g. like streaming channel) ?  Could someone please kindly explain ?

@Silver Fall  I love you graphic, really nice. I wish I can do that too but I don' t have the skill. Thank you for sharing.  :wub:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

So i just got a bit of time to watch kdrama and decided to watch this and after watching 4 episodes I'm absolutely in love with this..drama..

Just started reading some insights in here by @bebebisous33 and @briseis as usual I love all of them... ( I especially liked where they brought out about water being the ELEMENT and those references in drama:) )

I really loved Shin hye sun's acting in this scene and she really delivered the emotions to the point that really shocked me as a viewer.

tumblr_ps2a5tqZWi1w99clso4_540.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_ps0helBVnM1vpmpmko4_r1_400.giftumblr_ps0helBVnM1vpmpmko7_r1_400.gif

cr : idleminds

Now that there is no one for yeon soo to lean on or trust I want to see how she will trust on dan and how will she accept the fact that he is an angel?( Like towards the last episode we him saving her right so that means either she can see the wings or she may not see them? I'm confused myself )

• Like 5
  • Love 2

You read my mind @jakey09. I agree that Dan must have been either abused as a child or neglected, or another possibility is that he was bullied by his peers. Those bruises are all over his body and why else would a child like him wish for death. Even his clothes are dirty.

9Z7oaFh.png2sqxjy6.png

Spoiler

QHBkGWU.png

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

4 hours ago, kokkuri33 said:

Let’s hope that’s true! I did read mixed reviews about that show. :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

@immorethant

Sounds good! I actually thought it was an hour long for each episodes. But having 4 episodes of 35 minutes each every week isn't bad. A lot of dramas are cut to that short time frame of an episode now. It's confusing me. :sweat_smile:

I'm so excited for these scenes this upcoming week! I think we might see some character development/change for LYS! Yay! :wub:

Spoiler

These two are the cutest! Both are going to fall for each other and I do hope it comes soon before all the torments. 

d52bd1c6-ad59-46cb-a9b6-36225156554f-ori

be2da366-8de7-435c-8b26-f9ffe0baee4c-ori

7cba16e6-f2b4-4416-ad93-c4d08d6b6196-ori

*Gifs credit to Twitter 

• Like 3
  • Love 7

I found it funny when he hurt his angel wings when it hit the door entrance:D Did he forget to fold it like he usual y does when he is flying!! Or it only flaps when he is flying!! Man why do I have so many questions about a wing!!!

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

On 5/24/2019 at 7:18 PM, Dramanoona said:

I think that (my thoughts) angels do not know the feeling of love, as in passionate, romantic love.

They love everyone and everything but in a benevolent manner. 

The stirrings of love and desire for an angel is probably not a good sign as an angel but perhaps it's a path to being more human.

Humans have these feelings.

Why is he compelled to save her? Pity? Sympathy? Love? or more than just love?

This is a journey where we watch an angel fall in love, a love which may require him to give up his angelic wings.

And I sincerely hope he will not dissipate into dust or smoke....

If we look at the Greek language from a classical philosophical standpoint, there are 4 different types of love: eros, storge, philia, and agape.  Eros is pretty self-explanatory in that it is the sexual or passionate love between a couple.  Storge is the love that members of family share between themselves like parents toward children and siblings toward each other.  Philia love is brotherly love borne out of friendship and goodwill.  Agape is the deepest sort of love which is a self-sacrificial love toward man in general or in the Christian religion, the love that Christ had for humanity.  I would tend to agree with you that under normal circumstances, angels would most likely love either in a Philia or Agape way.  However, given that Kim Dan has been made human, he is likely to be able to experience the other types of love as well.  I think we could have a lot of fun in this series if they used Kim Dan's lack of experience in having and dealing with the types of love that angels don't normally experience.  I can think of several hilarious scenes they could present in the show where he suddenly experiences these types of love but does not know how to express them appropriately.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 3

1 hour ago, Liting1 said:

@immorethant

Sounds good! I actually thought it was an hour long for each episodes. But having 4 episodes of 35 minutes each every week isn't bad. A lot of dramas are cut to that short time frame of an episode now. It's confusing me. :sweat_smile:

I'm so excited for these scenes this upcoming week! I think we might see some character development/change for LYS! Yay! :wub:

Hide contents

These two are the cutest! Both are going to fall for each other and I do hope it comes soon before all the torments. 

*Gifs credit to Twitter 

Again? Don’t you think Mighty YS character development happening/changing too fast?! 

They gave her eyesight too soon. 

Let me at least enjoy the Ice Princess a bit longer!  :tears:

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, jakey09 said:

Again? Don’t you think Mighty YS character development happening/changing too fast?! 

They gave her eyesight too soon. 

Let me at least enjoy the Ice Princess a bit longer!  :tears:

My personal opinion is that I think the main point of this drama is angel finding love for this woman and how YS comes back as a ballet lead.

The blindness was put in the script to help support 2 points to set up the character's depth -  1) use blindness as an obstacle that made YS unable to dance ballet  2) to have a story of Mr. Jo's sacrifice his eyes for YS.  And both points have purpose to make audience feel sympathy for YS.

After succesfully made audience feel for YS, then the story has to move on to topic of love and ballet. If YS is still blind then it will reach a dead-end where the scenes such as ballet practice, interaction between YS and Dan (especially eyes contact scenes :P) , and JKW involvement to train YS can't happen.  And the script may have some more interesting points to tell (which is good) , so they wouldn't like to drag the part of blindness.

So I don't think it's too soon to have her eyes recovered.  But the Ice Princess is still there even though she gain the eyesight, so I think we can enjoy the cold YS for a while until Dan changed her into a lovely women.

(edited)  KBS showed the drama teaser at of movie theatre. 

It would be great if it was also shown on big screen before the feature movies. 

I envy this guy, he is the first human who touched angel’s cheek.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

4 minutes ago, immorethant said:

My personal opinion is that I think the main point of this drama is angel finding love for this woman and how YS comes back as a ballet lead.

The blindness was put in the script to help support 2 points to set up the character's depth -  1) use blindness as an obstacle that made YS unable to dance ballet  2) to have a story of Mr. Jo's sacrifice his eyes for YS.  And both points have purpose to make audience feel sympathy for YS.

After succesfully made audience feel for YS, then the story has to move on to topic of love and ballet. If YS is still blind then it will reach a dead-end where the ballet practice scene, the interaction between YS and Dan (especially eyes contact scenes :P) , and JKW involvement to train YS can't not take off.  And the script may have some more interesting points to tell , so they wouldn't like to drag the part of blindess.

So I don't think it's too soon to have her eyes recovered.  But the Ice Princess is still there even though she gain the eyesight, so I think we can enjoy the cold YS for a while until Dan changed her into a lovely women.

Cheers to that! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

7 hours ago, briseis said:

It was never my intention to suggest that YS and GJP are similar deep down. YS suffered so much more than GJP in her life, she has much more developed backstory,  and that's something I dealt with and mentioned in the rest of my post. The GJP-YS similarity I wanted to make is that no matter their motivation they take out their anger and frustration on everyone around them; some may deserve it, but most of them don't. I think that in this respect YS is even further gone than GJP because he was at least nice to his three friends and sister, which he respected no matter what, but YS really does hurt even the ones closest to her - that is her female secretary and Mr. Yo who was always supportive and never gossiped behind her back. It's her greatest flaw and also something which allows for greater character development in the future.

Also, LYS's world wasn't cold from the start and that's another thing I mentioned about her. She had loving, doting parents and the devoted Mr. Jo, who clearly spoiled her, and she comes from priviliged background. Losing her parents, maybe even losing Dan, might be what turned her into this cold version of herself, together with the loss of her sight. However, now she regained it and there is not much improvement really in her behaviour. In the end, she isn't the only person who lost her parents or her sight but most people don't react to tragedy like she does - meaning it's no excuse to treat other harshly because she isn't the only one suffering.

Yes, she had loving parents but they did die really early which means that she had to grow up earlier than others and was on her own. So she had to deal with Fantazia very early, while she wanted to dance ballet. So she had a lot on her shoulders. Let us not forget that there must have been jealousy, fight among the different directors, moreover LYS was quite young. The aunt only started managing Fantazia the moment LYS got hurt. Notice that for three years her closest family never visited her. That's why I said that her world was quite cold. 

As for her behavior after the accident, she feels guilty and she is missing Mr. Jo, her surrogate father. When she smiled, she actually wanted to grant him his wish (to shine as an angel) but no one around knew the meaning behind her smile and thought, she was crazy. She even went to his funeral, although she was herself not healthy. People should have acknowledged her gesture but preferred gossiping about LYS. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 3

Hi everyone! New in this thread! I have been a fan of Shin Hye-sun since my golden life days, I love her acting ability! She portrays her character well, her acting in 30but17 seal the deal for me! In regards to acting she is my top 1, I like few actresses but she is one of a kind in terms in acting if you know what I mean. Anyway I’m watching this series because of her and, I’m loving the synopsis of the story even my sister said same old plot angel Cupid become in love with his charge bla... bla..bla.. but you know what even drama brings old same plot like rich fall in love with the poor, or childhood sweethearts we still into it because that’s what’s make us happy, it’s like you are eating your fave dessert, I will never ever trade my fave dessert for the world! Hehehe! 

Anyway I love the first two episode and I saw a hurt, yes a spoiled angry ballerina who hates the world but I can see the her character is very redeemable, and the cute and adorable angel! I didn’t know that he is the angels for animals, which I find it endearing. I just wanted to dig in his background especially the last scene of episode 4. The director is quite mysterious but I want him to fall to our beautiful  ballerina, I want to see the progress of the love triangle here although I have a hunch that he is the true villain here like the prince who propose to princess Ana in frozen who just wanted the kingdom for himself, anyway I will stick to this story till the end. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5