[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

@thepixies thanks for sharing, I love that music piece too.  For me, i also like “the night sky of Cuba”

this bgm is played in ep 10 when KJH was at the garden lying down gazing at the stars reminiscing of Jinsoo’s Cuba moments.   It was also played during ep 10 ending credits, epilogue and next ep preview. 

And just like you mentioned, that piece playing when KJH first confessed to JMJ that CSH is meaningful to him is also one of my faves and too bad it’s not part of the OST.  I wonder where or how we could get hold of it. I will try Shazaming it but I highly doubt it will give me a title. 

• Like 10
  • Love 3

@bebebisous33

I had to read all Part 2 and Part 3 of The little prince analysis all at once. Was on hiatus all day! lol All the information/analyses that you posted are just mind blowing! My mind is full of information from your beautiful analyses. I especially loved the part of the fox as teacher lee. I was amused by her role in this drama. She listens but never gives advises, never even hints on something to make the situation better and then i remember the fox.  Thinking about it now, they are similar. Your analyses makes me want to read the little prince again. I have read it decade ago and i need to refresh my memory about it.

@gumtaek

Spoiler

Lea salongga has been a long time idol of mine and it is true that she doesnt give out compliments all the time. So when she does, expect that it really is good!

• Like 16
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, jl08 said:

How's everyone coping with a "BOYFRIENDLESS" week

What I did like most of you know in this thread: reading the thread and posts by all Chigus here.

rewatching moments of our Couples minus the sad one ( I’m looking at you, episode 14 and 15)....

One thing different is I made the ringtone with the song “The day we met”. So now whoever calls me, I can hear the rhythm: “it’s beautiful time...” which give me all the flashbacks happy moment of CSH and KJH when they were in Cuba. 

Thanks for some of you still go back to the thread which really helps my withdrawal symptoms bearable.

• Like 9
  • Love 8

@dukesa1122 Glad that you enjoyed these and you are planning to read the story again. However, I won't be able to write much tomorrow.

By the way, it seems that I made a huge mistake. I had found somewhere that "le vaniteux" could be translated as "peacock":lol:, nonetheless I meant the conceited/vain man. Don't forget that English is not my native language and I am working with the original work "Le petit prince", since I am a teacher for French.

• Like 9
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@dukesa1122 Glad that you enjoyed these and you are planning to read the story again. However, I won't be able to write much tomorrow.

Please take your time.. always know that people are waiting for the rest of your list though.. but dont feel pressured! :D

==============================

Missing our JinSoo so much

Spoiler

Missing SHK so much :bawling: hope she gives out post drama interviews, anything. Huhu why do you have to be such a ninja all the time.

• Like 8
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 1

Man, that storage room scene in episode 11 was such a tease! The injustice of it all! LMAO

Hello, chingus! It feels surreal that we don’t have a new episode to discuss today. Slowly, we’ll all get used to it tho. In the meantime let’s just fill our heads with happy JinSoo memories 

Spoiler

And hope for a future collaboration of PBG/SHK, hihi 

• Like 14
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

7 hours ago, Cheryl295 said:

Chingus, in what Encounter episode can we find that book that Kyo has started reading? 

The first episode.  KJH was reading this book before he was encouraged to dance by a little Cuban girl. 

https://koreanliteraturenow.com/poetry-fiction/“world’s-end-girlfriend”-kim-yeonsu

https://koreanliteraturenow.com/poetry-fiction/kim-yeonsu-reaches-japanese-shores

Later uri soojin discussed the titular short story on their couple rings date, as well as bookstore date.

• Like 10
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 3

Dear @bebebisous33 I want to take a moment to properly appreciate all of your analysis. Sorry, i haven't got time to really respond, but now, i read ALL of your analysis together. Copied all of your insights in my notes, and man! i'm so blown away!! How you can drew lines between fairy tales and Encounter is amazed me. Put and read every analysis together is like reading long essay (or maybe even a thesis?) about understanding fairy tales compared to modern drama.

Whoa, i feel like im in your classroom, listening to every explanation diligently. How can i got so lucky? I'm so glad that Encounter brought me here.

I can't move on, and i probably won't, i'm still hungry for insights and analysis.. Even tho i don't read hangul, I bought 2 books KJH read, and i saw SHK IG story that she read Girlfriend, The end of the world.. I know, im being greedy, but maybe, anyone could give their thoughts about all the books/poets compared to Encounter?

Once again thank you @bebebisous33 hopefully you don't get tired of giving your thoughts and analysis :heart:

• Like 12
  • Love 2

@bebebisous33  and all chingus that i encounter in this thread,  thanks for your post and Please take your time and keep posting.  As i said earier, i still read this thread  daily without fail.  I could not react to your post  most of the time unless i use desktop .  ( auto log out from soompi with my phone)

@stroppyse  thank you for being here  and love all of your post. 

Spoiler

this drama is not only beautiful romance melo drama but also give us ( guide us)  a positive message how should we react / solve problems . i think some chingus here did mentioned in their post too but i wish someone could emphasize how should we treat our parents with love and respect like KJH even though we do not agree their decision . He gets what he want it after all.

• Like 11
  • Insightful 2

Credit: Bogum Testimonial Twitter 

#Encounter  (Boyfriend) will start airing via MNET Japan on March 21, 2019.

(1 day After PBG's Debut as a singer in Japan on March 20, 2019) 

Could we hope for any promotions in Japan? 

Could we hope for PBG's and SHK's collaborated promotions for Encounter / Boyfriend in Japan?

• Like 11
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

I lost hope that SHK will also appear in a post drama press junket like PBG. She is likely avoiding being asked personal questions about her married life instead of Encounter.

Although I still hope she will have post drama magazine photoshoot at least in a magazine interview, questions can be agreed beforehand. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 3