[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

SongHyeKyo❤️ParkBoGum
13.75% (513 vote)
Its now 528
7 hours ago, dukesa1122 said:

You can vote upto 10x everyday. Just refresh the page after casting your vote and then vote again!

Done.

Ok will do it again, daily.

Update... its now 19.17% (853).  Thats is super fast.

Bravo, good job, chingus.

• 4587d41d341caccad37e7094683e4c38.jpg
      SongHyeKyo❤️ParkBoGum
      15.58% (609 vote)

cd6f72e30f3c165360987197e6f02a3b.jpg
      ParkShinHye❤️HyunBin
      15.58% (609 vote)

• Like 8
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, avondale16 said:

Done.

Ok will do it again, daily.

Thank you, Chingu

I’ll try to update and repost the link just so it wont be burried.

1 hour ago, avondale16 said:

Update... its now 609.  Thats is super fast.

Bravo, good job, chingus.

Yey... there are many lurkers here. haha :joy:

@bebebisous33

oh yeah! How can I even forget the spring poem. :sweatingbullets: “It’s already spring for us”. Thanks dear!

I just found out they opened a poll about this.

PLEASE VOTE FOR OUR JINSOO Couple!!

You can vote upto 10x everyday. Just refresh the page after casting your vote and then vote again!

We are waaaaay behind! We’re number 3 now. We need a thousand votes!

URL:

https://namesns.com/m/entertainer/star_room.html?star_num=569

58549926-F1-F5-43-D9-8-F7-A-95-D5-BA3-C9

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

@dukesa1122He never quoted it but he mentioned it in the episode 6, when he was eating the cake with CSH. He asked her why she didn't use his lipstick. She said that the color would be better to use in the spring. That's when he mentioned Rilke and his poem: only couple would be able to see the spring.

Has anyone told you today that you are amazing?  If no one has, I will.  :)  I didn't notice that Rilke connection, and I should have since I studied him in college--wonderful poet.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 4

20 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

CSH's eyes

Why did she dislike CSH's eyes? A simple answer would be that CSH's eyes were different. CSH never envied or admired her and her son. While all the others would worship them and try to get closer to them, CSH was never attracted by them. The mother-in-law couldn't bear the thought that someone was looking at her differently, was not considering her as a queen. That's why chairman Kim abused her and tried to control CSH. In this scene (episode 7), the mother-in-law gives the following orders:

As you can see, she is taking control of CSH's body. But this is not just the hair and the clothes, but also the way she smiles and she moves. And now we have to remember this: we have no control over the eyes. How can the mother-in-law take control over the eyes, if the owner can not even control them. This is impossible. The mother-in-law was fighting against nature, a doomed battle. Now we have another explanation why the mother-in-law was upset. This was the only thing she could never control as CSH couldn't even control her own eyes. This underlines the dictatorial tendency of JWS's mother. A third explanation is that the chairman Kim also saw a glimpse of herself in CSH's eyes which she didn't like. As I said before, the eyes function as a mirror, although the reflection is deformed as the other judges you at the same time. Chairman Kim saw a part of herself, she didn't want to see: the abusive, greedy and selfish person. CSH might have been in a vegetative state and never react to her mother-in-law's cruel words, however CSH never stopped thinking and couldn't stop herself from resenting JWS's mother. This would infuriate the mother-in-law which would force her to abuse CSH even more and it became a vicious circle, until CSH and JWS's mother avoided each other's gaze as it had become too unbearable.

@bebebisous33 Thank you for writing about CSH's eyes. You made me rewatch to explore more indeed.

One of my favorite parts in ep.16 in addition to the most favorite scenes with  KJH and CSH is Ex-husband's mom and Ex-husband which explained how a mother-in-law who is very powerful from the Chaebol family could not make her daughter-in-law admire their wealth and their high society world from CSH's eyes which has never appreciated this Chaebol's life.

This Ex-husband's mom also mentioned that the guy who changed CSH is the fruit seller's son.

I might feel slightly different as from Mr.Nam's words, CSH has just come back to be her original self when she met KJH, Ex-husband's mom has never known CSH's identity before her marriage. 

CSH's eyes expressed her appreciation to KJH's family and her treasuring such warm family led to break up incident later.  

================================================

CSH's eyes in early episodes::::

As CSH used to be gossiped for forcing a male employee to go with her to the rest area which KJH was glad to prove with note in Cuba Cafe that he has been attracted by CSH first by asking whether CSH has had a boyfriend yet.

However, from CSH's eyes in ep1-2, I wanna point out that KJH has never know when CSH has been attracted by KJH. 

It is KJH's and CSH's Encounter with the feeling development of attraction, fondness, affecttion, and love.

1. When CSH rush to Cafe in Cuba to meet KJH but too late, let see her eyes to be disappointed.

9f0843fb4a6935874275702764c570f5.jpg

2. When CSH asked for KJH's resume&CV to read what he wrote, CSH felt his sincerity to tell the truth when they met in Cuba even she was just a stranger, her eyes expressed her gladness. 

A playground in Hongjae-Dong where the real Encounter of KJH and CSH reflected CSH's attraction to KJH. This place is the reconciliation place for KJH and CSH in ep16.

9b65fe3daec6551bc75317fd2dcf0236.jpg

3. CSH has been attracted by KJH till she might be jealous to his phone call from afar with her eyes' expression. 

Secretary Jang is the first person who knew CSH's high interest (Later, she objected till she accepted KJH as CSH's boyfriend) and Mr. Nam is the 2nd peron who knew CSH's attraction.(Later, he supported as a cupid for KJH and CSH.)

74b9664ca5befb1ffd3a0bafe9bde9f3.jpg

11 hours ago, nikir said:

Am really astounded at the kind of ridiculous questions that are asked.. Seriously it was such a beautiful dreams with amazing performances and the interviewer asked THIS? Admire PBG for handling it well.. this question made me sooo angry

@nikir I read the news reporter's question with doubt, how could an actor who does not drink alchohol or smoke will be suspicious that he should in order to act realistically. Acting as a murderer, the actor is no need to kill anyone in real life, it is acting. 

• Like 9
  • Insightful 5
  • Thanks 3

On 11/30/2018 at 4:32 AM, bebebisous33 said:

The second episode was as good as the first one. CSH's mother is as despicable as JW's mother. Both are using their children. With the news about the date, the mother is now trying to ensure that CSH cuts ties with JH. I guess, CSH will push him away so that he doesn't get hurt. But this will be temporary.  

Your guess is true indeed. Its temporary. :D

Super amazing, coz you can read the writer's mind in advance. ( in late Nov 2018).

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

@NongpeeP Yes, KJH never realized that she was attracted by him as well. Don't forget that she asked him for his phone number but he refused. He never noticed her awkwardness with her hands, as he was himself feeling awkward just before parting from each other.

@thistle @avondale16 crazy monkey 037Thanks a lot for the compliments.crazy-dance-raccoon-emoticon.gif?1302774I was afraid that the post with Rainer Maria Rilke might affect peoplebled1 onion head Maybe I should propose a class about European literature on this thread? LOLleaf

• Like 11
  • Love 5

Park Bo Gum shares thoughts on having a romance with his 'sister-in-law' Song Hye Kyo on 'Boyfriend'

PARK BO GUM | SONG JOONG KI

Park Bo Gum shared thoughts on working with Song Joong Ki's wife, Song Hye Kyo

The lead actors on 'Boyfriend' became a hot topic because Park Bo Gum is close to Song Hye Kyo's husband, Song Joong Ki. Some netizens called it a 'romance with sister-in-law.'

In an interview with Sports Today, Park Bo Gum firmly stated, "'Boyfriend' was not a romance with a sister-in-law. It was a romance between Kim Jin Hyuk and Cha Soo Hyun." He explained, "We played the characters. We only focused and worked hard on expressing the roles."

He then praised Song Hye Kyo's superb acting skills and stated she's able to express everything with just her eyes when depicting sad emotions....source credit @https://www.allkpop.com/article/2019/02/park-bo-gum-shares-thoughts-on-having-a-romance-with-his-sister-in-law-song-hye-kyo-on-boyfriend

• Like 6
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

Maybe I should propose a class about European literature on this thread? LOLleaf

Poetry opens our minds and our hearts (I will always believe that--poetry was my main field of study as an undergraduate, AE Housman and GM Hopkins mainly but I suspect I've now forgotten all I ever knew).  You have helped to show us so many connections between art and literature and more.  That's an amazing thing. 

It's impressive, too, that the screenwriter and the production team for Encounter paid so much attention to those details and left a bread crumb trail for us to follow through the magical forest of drama.

(and, no, I still have not finished watching Encounter).

• Like 7
  • Love 2