[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

@bebebisous33 thanks for tagging me on another amaaaaazing analysis! My wish is for the writers of the drama to actually come across your work! Someone should seriously inform them :) 

Man, those episode 1 gifs is seriously giving me the feels. Such a beautiful episode! I kinda wish it was longer and that they didn’t have to return to Seoul so soon!

• Like 6
  • Love 3

@stardustvoid Thanks a lot for the compliment. cheerleader pink mouse

However, it might take some time before my next analysis is finished. This is me working:digger pink mouse 

By the way, has anyone already posted the original poem from Rainer Maria Rilke? I am just asking because I found the original version (in German naturally) but I wanted to have a good translation.   

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, thadora said:

Me will start on page 1 because I silently join the forum on episode 5.

Good luck to you, too. Chingu, all the best and fighting!!!

Me too, just join jan 18, 2019.

Calling SHK....

:blush: wishing she is reading this thread and how we all miss boyfriend and her.  :bawling:

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Dayuuuum. That IG post should come with a warning sign. So sweet and passionate! :lol:

I’m surprised no one has zoomed in on the zoomed out shots of the playground kiss :lol:

Okay, this made me miss Jinsoo more than I already do:huh:

Have you guys noticed that all the kissing scenes in this drama happened in a public place? Balcony included because anyone can see them from the streets lol

• Like 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, avondale16 said:

Thanks a lot for your help. It seems that there is no English translation of this poem and I can understand why.

This is the original version

Will dir den Frühling zeigen

Spoiler

Will dir den Frühling zeigen,
der hundert Wunder hat.
Der Frühling ist waldeigen
und kommt nicht in die Stadt.

Nur die weit aus den kalten
Gassen zu zweien gehn
und sich bei den Händen halten -
dürfen ihn einmal sehn.

- Rainer Maria Rilke 1875-1926 -

Want to show you spring

Want to show you spring,

that has hundred miracles.
The spring lives in the woods
and doesn't come to town.

Only the ones who far from 
cold alleys walk in pairs
and hold hands -
may see it once.

Okay, this is my own translation. The problem I had is that first "waldeigen" is a word created by Rainer Maria Rilke and secondly I tried to keep the structure of this poem. Waldeigen means belong to the woods/forest. You might not know but German is a very creative language, you can create your own words because it is possible to put two words together. Yet people will understand what you mean.

What caught my attention is the following. Spring is connected to nature ("woods/waldeigen"), contrasts with modern life and civilization (town). And this fits our OTP. KJH represents nature due to different associations (sun, green grape, wind). Hence for the poet love is a natural phenomenon, however he doesn't just outline that only people in love are feeling and seeing the spring, the two persons have to be active. If you pay attention to the title (want to show you spring), it is an invitation to fall in love. One is active in his courting. You have to leave the room and walk in the streets with your loved one to experience it. And that's why we see our OTP walking in the cold streets (episode 6, 14 and 16). They actually do what Rilker described. They don't feel the coldness of the winter as their love warms them up.

Moreover, the verse 3 and 4 clearly shows that love is to be found in the nature... hence leaving the town and going to the woods can lead you to find love. It looks like that for Rilke, love is not a state but a process... And KJH acts exactly like the person in this poem (want to show you spring). He keeps asking for CSH's acceptance to love him and to fall in love with him. Besides, we clearly saw that KJH was proactive in his pursuit. He used his hands and his cellphone to get closer to her.

Interesting is that the subject in the title is missing: either it is "I"/"ich" or he/she "Er/sie". I chose the first person because it becomes more personal and direct. Yet, it could be "Wants to show you spring". I pointed it out because I wanted you to understand why I chose it this way. Besides, my own translation is not perfect, quite far from it and someone could claim that it is different. 

Another observation is the contrast between hundred miracles and once. In my opinion, the poet could be referring to the uniqueness of love. Real true love can only be found once, but we have many people who can experience the same "spring" hence we have hundred miracles. And CSH was the one who kept mentioning her love as a miracle. Spring indicates that there will be changes in the persons who are in love, because spring announces the appearance of new leaves, new flowers aso. Something new and beautiful will surface, like a rebirth which can be connected to CSH's awakening.

Doineau.png 

While reading this poem, I couldn't help myself thinking about this picture (Doisneau, Baiser de l'hôtel de ville).

Okay, I was supposed to write about feet!leaf

@dukesa1122 @stardustvoid@jl08@celebrianna@xu_lyfe@dreaminsince1998@thistle@Yongzura@roshzanna@lolipop86gorgeous@nikir@shyguitar @thadora @NongpeeP @rosiepeonie188 @twtwb @Tasia  @avondale16

• Like 5
  • Love 8
  • Insightful 6
  • Thanks 4

22 minutes ago, stardustvoid said:

Dayuuuum. That IG post should come with a warning sign. So sweet and passionate! :lol:

I’m surprised no one has zoomed in on the zoomed out shots of the playground kiss :lol:

Okay, this made me miss Jinsoo more than I already do:huh:

Have you guys noticed that all the kissing scenes in this drama happened in a public place? Balcony included because anyone can see them from the streets lol

here it is the zoomed out kiss but its so white you cant see their lips:lol::sweatingbullets: 

• Like 2
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

This is the original version

Will dir den Frühling zeigen

Hide contents

Will dir den Frühling zeigen,
der hundert Wunder hat.
Der Frühling ist waldeigen
und kommt nicht in die Stadt.

Nur die weit aus den kalten
Gassen zu zweien gehn
und sich bei den Händen halten -
dürfen ihn einmal sehn.

- Rainer Maria Rilke 1875-1926 -

Want to show you spring

Want to show you spring,

Only the ones who far from 

cold alleys walk in pairs
and hold hands -
may see it once.

KJH acts exactly like the person in this poem (want to show you spring). He keeps asking for CSH's acceptance to love him and to fall in love with him. Besides, we clearly saw that KJH was proactive in his pursuit.

Another observation is the contrast between hundred miracles and once. In my opinion, the poet could be referring to the uniqueness of love. Real true love can only be found once, but we have many people who can experience the same "spring" hence we have hundred miracles. And CSH was the one who kept mentioning her love as a miracle. Spring indicates that there will be changes in the persons who are in love, because spring announces the appearance of new leaves, new flowers 

Okay, I was supposed to write about feet!

I actually waiting for the poems/poets observation, including this one from Rainer Maria Rilke, which fortunately is your first language.. so happy!!  thank you :wub:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

If you pay attention to the title (want to show you spring), it is an invitation to fall in love. 

Wow.

Now, I remember KJH birthday present and he ask her, why you are not using or wearing it. And her reply, it is good for spring and it is not spring yet.

And i cant remember his reply, something like , if you fall in love than its spring?

Or is it, if you walk holding hands than its spring?

May be I remember wrongly.(?)

• Like 6
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, avondale16 said:

Wow.

Now, I remember KJH birthday present and he ask her, why you are not using or wearing it. And her reply, it is good for spring and it is not spring yet.

And i cant remember his reply, something like , if you fall in love than its spring?

May be I remember wrongly.(?)

Yes, that's what he said. Only people in love will see the spring. His words fit the poem... he invites her to fall in love with him, to feel the spring.

• Like 4
  • Love 4

15 minutes ago, rosiepeonie188 said:

I actually waiting for the poems/poets observation, including this one from Rainer Maria Rilke, which fortunately is your first language.. so happy!!  thank you :wub:

You're welcome.:)

But German is not my first language. It is my first foreign language. French is my mother tongue and English my second foreign language, just like latin. 

• Like 12
  • Love 1

The wedding season discussed in the PR department is in spring and the planning task is given to Jh. 

Jh plans to go to santiago on 2nd quarter, that is still spring

As Jh proposed, their wedding will fall on spring season.

As the flowers bloom in spring, so as their love.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

I just found out they opened a poll about this.

PLEASE VOTE FOR OUR JINSOO Couple!!

You can vote upto 10x everyday. Just refresh the page after casting your vote and then vote again!

We are waaaaay behind!

URL:

https://namesns.com/m/entertainer/star_room.html?star_num=569

9-C411440-7751-4040-AF68-5925529-A66-F2.

=====================================

51 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Want to show you spring

Want to show you spring,

Only the far from the cold
alleys walking in pairs
and holding hands -
may see it once.

Excellent translation as usual, chingu. Just a question though, at which part did this poem come up in the show? I cant remember. German must be a very complicated language. imo. :lol:

48 minutes ago, lolipop86gorgeous said:

.. I'm waiting for HD version for snowy kisseu

I think @leedonghaek or @Jemrie posted HD close ups for the snow kiss :D

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1