[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

On 10/5/2018 at 7:53 PM, caileysmiley said:

The cast and crew were also reportedly blown away by Song Hye Kyo and Park Bo Gum’s instant chemistry, which made it easy for those present to become swept up in their characters’ romance.

Director Park Shin Woo remarked, “Looking at [the cast], for whom I’m grateful, it makes me think that I really need to do a good job. I will work hard so that, once [‘Encounter’] is over, it’ll be a drama that we can be even more proud of.”

Writer Yoo Young Ah similarly commented, “I want to say that I’m truly thankful. I will work hard on writing the rest of the script and the characters that you have chosen.”

We are blown away too. Aren't we?

With 4 months different of time zone....

Oct 2018 vs jan/feb 2019

• Like 9
  • Love 3

16 hours ago, NongpeeP said:

Acting as drunken scene in Encounter/ Boyfriend:

A News Reporter asked whether drinking alcohol in real life should be done to help this acting (Smoking also)

Am really astounded at the kind of ridiculous questions that are asked.. Seriously it was such a beautiful dreams with amazing performances and the interviewer asked THIS? Admire PBG for handling it well.. this question made me sooo angry

@bebebisous33beautiful interpretation of eyes..Ep 16 was pbly the only time WS mother showed what she felt about CSH, but looking at your analysis. it was implied in the earlier episode as well... SHK eye expression.. wow her eyes are definitely her strongest points.. no dialogues needed indeed!!!

• Like 10
  • Love 2

Being in different time zones enables this forum to be alive 24/7.

My pleasure.

Thank you and i always like and appreciate your posts @bebebisous33

You are an inspiration to us. Back in freshman college, i told my professor in literature that her subject was my favorite one,  though i were in a different path then and pursued a career in the field of science. Being in this forum inspired me to awaken that part of me.

I posted about Sh's eyes because i was inspired by what PBG said in his interviews, just by looking at her, he portrayed Jh so well. And i know, he's looking at her eyes. Sometimes i don't get it when her eyeballs move in different directions.

Rewatching some episodes made me appreciate it more. Maybe some of you have known this but not me....

In ep 16, when Jh took Sh picture inserted in the book, he said....she becomes just like she was in this photo.

In ep 1,  when Sh was captured by his lens, my first thought was he was only captivated by her beauty. Then in next eps, red is his favorite color( the camera case's box, the shoe box, Hi journal, etc.). So, its not only her beauty but the red dress. And now i can add that it is her sad face, her cold face. Jh is a person that does not believe in sadness and sad ending.

Sh on the other, its the happiness that radiates in Jh seeing him dancing with the little girl. As simple as dancing with a little girl in the street makes him that happy, as well as the little girl. And when they danced the salsa, she experienced that happiness, as well as Jh.  Jh knows that, so there's the havana masquerade party and we know what happen next, the kiss.

Sh who seems to have everything but not happiness and Jh who seems to have nothing only happiness. Oh yes, they are match in heaven.

I think if someone could buy and read the script book/ book being sold, we can compare if there is a change in the script.

Spoiler

I  am also questioning that tight scheduling of filming. I don't think Bogum and his management will agree to 2 days rehearsal for his fanmeet. I assumed his fanmeeting is scheduled way back so its not supposed to collide with the filming of the drama.

That christmas break, its holiday season but if my memory is correct, they also filmed at that week. 

What if something happens or someone got sick, what will happen to the drama....that tight scheduling is really questionable.

• Like 11
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

@avondale16 No, I haven't written anything about dream and courage yet. So you didn't miss anything... For my long analysis, I am always tagging you. 

@roshzanna Thanks for the compliment. However, if the thread wasn't so emulating and interesting, I wouldn't write so much. All of you here are inciting me to analyse and write. 

I guess, today it will be about the feet this time. However, I need to go to work first.  

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, roshzanna said:

Sometimes i don't get it when her eyeballs move in different directions.

5 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

However, I need to go to work first.

Your statements cracked me up :joy:

21 minutes ago, roshzanna said:

she becomes just like she was in this photo.

When KJH actually said it, thats when I realized how much of a difference KJ made in her life. Seeing that face in episode 15 again from the first few episodes gave me goosebumps. I screamed bloody hell in my head and wanted to just knock some sense out of CSH after watching episode 16 because all the pieces are falling into place! 

Huhuhu i miss JinSoo so much :dissapointed_relieved:

23 minutes ago, roshzanna said:

that tight scheduling is really questionable.

You are not alone in thinking that my dear. What some of us think is, there were suppose to be more scenes in Cuba but they got cut out thats why they have to scram to make up for the lost scenes.

• Like 5
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, roshzanna said:

Sh who seems to have everything but not happiness and Jh who seems to have nothing only happiness. Oh yes, they are match in heaven.

I like this. They are match make in heaven n i like ur thoughts n observations too.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Love has no limit

Ycw0EB.jpg

My greed has no limit.
I want to have tea with you.
But once I do, I want to enjoy a meal with you.
I want to tell you my stories.
I want to tell you how I feel.
I want to hold your delicate hands.
I want to hold you in my arms.

0Se9mD.jpg

@dukesa1122: thank you for your kind words. This post is for you :).

@bebebisous33: I'd just like to join other members of the thread in thanking you for your excellent analyses ("Cha Soo Huyn's eyes" is my favourite so far).

• Like 10
  • Love 11
  • Insightful 2

On 11/21/2018 at 3:29 PM, gakE said:

“When you’re dating, you need courage whether you’re doing something small or big. Our drama is a lovely story about the small and great shows of courage that are displayed from the beginning stages of having a crush until something significant occurs. Please enjoy it.”

Pd-nim says its about courage.

KJH did have courage after twice being turn down or break up with CSH.

KJH is encouraging himself by saying and reading...

" if the sea's job is to make waves, my job is to think of you (girlfriend/boyfriend)". 

Spoiler
Spoiler

I am on page 38, now 55. Update, moving very slowly to page 61.

Digesting slowly from page 1.

300++ pages to go.

Me, fighting!!!

@violette00 on page 38, you wrote this,

"bold- if the drama really portrays this thing very well; then I'm gonna love this show with all my heart because the above thing is something you will rarely find in kdramaworld. "

Question- How do you feel about this drama now after its ending? -

• Like 10
  • LOL 2

47 minutes ago, twtwb said:

@dukesa1122: thank you for your kind words. This post is for you :).

Ahhhhh the back hug scene :wub: thanks!

can i make a request if youre not too busy? This one is a sad scene but it’s one of the scenes that tugged at my heart, it’s when CSH was with Sec Jang and she was saying something about not being the right timing and she was driving around crying. Thanks! :heart:

@avondale16

Spoiler
15 minutes ago, avondale16 said:

I am on page 38. Digesting slowly from page 1. 300++ pages to go. Me, fighting!!!

Hahaha! Pages are moving slower now, you can catch up! :) 

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Looks like we’ll be seeing her soon! :heart:

Spoiler

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Hi @Jemrie. I like the 2nd picture when CSH laugh at how KJH checking if he has any more money left for the salsa dance ticket.

That night is when CSH had nothing, no money.

KJH able to make her laugh and happy.

So when they are at the playground, KJH and HI, he ask about the CEO.

And his best friend reply is that she is an ice princess, stone faced and never looks happy. I can still remember KJH's face and reaction, like disbelieve, with what, he had encounter and experienced that afternoon till night in Cuba with CSH.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

On 11/23/2018 at 9:57 AM, bohmi said:

If he had not been trapped in his wife's polarity by being trapped in his own life, Soohyun would have lived happily smiling and much more appreciated than now. He can not remember his daughter's smiling face.

Politics has begun, and it's natural to want to take a peak
Is it important, he asked himself whether the smile of his daughter is important

Description of CSH's father. He did make his sacrifice for

His daughter happiness and smile; in the end. :heart:

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

@bohmi @avondale16 In my opinion, the discussion between CJH and his wife and the conversation between CSH and her mother revealed that Jin Mi Ok  used to be different in the past and that she became selfish and greedy after losing her first dream. I guess, this could become another topic for an analysis.

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

@dukesa1122 and @avondale16

Fighting!!! I've done it, when i got so heartbroken after ep 14. I read from the very beginning of this thread to understand Cha Soo Hyun, where she's coming from and why she decided to part ways with Kim Jin Hyuk.. 

There's so much informations that i  missed because i joined in the middle of the thread!. Enjoy and take your time..

On 1/18/2019 at 10:49 PM, rosiepeonie188 said:

I've been spending my time reading 50 first pages of this thread. Strangely, after 30 pages i got to the point that i'm on board with this ship, wherever it may land.

From the very start they've been stated this as melodrama.

...a heart wrenching romance, that turns both of their lives upside down.

...their worlds clash in a romantic, but sorrowful love story. 

... it was like a midsummer night's dream. 

So from the very beginning it was expected to have lots of angst. 

I think now, I understand Soo Hyun so much better. She knew exactly that there will be so much angst, and a probable bitter ending by taking Jin Hyuk's hand, but she just can't resist his charm. And So am i, this beautiful love story have been told to be a tear jerker, heart wrenching story, but still i cant resist it charms.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, rosiepeonie188 said:

There's so much informations that i  missed because i joined in the middle of the thread!. Enjoy and take your time..

Me too. I joined in the middle too.

Sure, i will enjoy and take my own sweet time over coffee breaks, chocolate and ice creams.

1 hour ago, dukesa1122 said:

Hahaha! Pages are moving slower now, you can catch up! :) 

Just like what dukesa1122 reminds me that pages are moving slower now.

Takes for both your encouragement and I appreciate it very much.

Fighting!!!

• Like 7
  • Love 1

@rosiepeonie188 And there is one event CSH didn't witness which could have made her waver: she saw how KJH's family was affected by her (CSH as KJH's girlfriend). KJH had to go to the police station due to his brother. She got upset as she had the feeling that she would ruin the happiness of that family. Yet, she never heard the conversation between KJH and JM at the playground. Instead of bringing them apart, KJH and his brother got closer.  

• Like 8
  • Insightful 3