Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

Why JH seems clueless on HI's feelings, i think because JH has a high standard when it comes to woman. Remember when his brother asked if  JH has seen the CEO and if she is pretty? And JH said she is, the brother said " wow she must be so pretty". And their conversation in the playground " hye in, when will you get pretty?" (  no offense meant to HI).

Its like you and me against the world. But i believe the two can conquer all obstacles.

People may either be book smart or street smart. Being only one of these, makes one fragile. But JH is both, thats his advantage. He maybe naive in the field of romantic relationship but in reality of life he is not. I believe showcasing the various odd jobs he had since he was very young, the various kind of people he knew mean to show us he is very much aware of how the world spins.

• Like 14

Episode 6 kills me again!!! especially the last part !! Ottoke!! i need to wait for another week ... how am I going to survive??!!!!!

• Like 11

01.18488762.1.jpg

I was searching for Boyfriend articles on Naver and saw this, the cake they ate to celebrate the 1st day of their pre-relationship status. I wonder if this will get sold out. :D

• Like 11
  • LOL 3

Another piece of news to celebrate!

Okay, I tweaked the translation a bit.

"Broadcast rights were sold to terrestrial, cable and OTT broadcasts in over 100 countries around the world."

These were the ones listed.

The largest OTT, PCCW Viu in Southeast Asia (Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, etc.)

OTT Viki (US, Canada, Brazil, Chile, Mexico, UK, France, Germany)

NOW TV (Hong Kong Terrestrial)

Starhub (Singapore Terrestrial)

8tv (Malaysia Terrestrial)

BBTV Ch3 (Thai Terrestrial)

ABS- CBN (Philippine Terrestrial)

HTV2 , iQiyi (Taiwan OTT)

HTV2 , iQiyi (Taiwan OTT)

Mnet Japan, the Korean Wave channel confirmed its first broadcast in March 2019. 

Viu, NOW TV, Viki, iQiyi, etc. airs the drama within 24 hours of domestic broadcasting.

https://entertain.naver.com/read?aid=0003357766&oid=076&lightVersion=off&lfrom=twitter

https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20181214111134389?f=m

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, gumtaek said:

DAEBAK!! I believe that the rating doesnt really speak the volume caused by boyfriend/encounter fever. Worldwide viewers proved it. Everysingle thing in this drama become trend, that's how powerful Encounter is:blush:

Edited by triplem
Please do not quote images (pics, IG , YT, gifs) . Thanks
  • Like 11

3 hours ago, jaeyongs said:

I was searching for Boyfriend articles on Naver and saw this, the cake they ate to celebrate the 1st day of their pre-relationship status. I wonder if this will get sold out. :D

I believe that more and more people will use 'some' term and acknowledge it. People don't really speak about this pre-relationship thing, they're sorta know that they're in that phase. Sooo, for JH to ask it to SH, i guess many people will gonna ask their crush wheather they're in pre-relationship. :D.. and by then, this cake will fly from the selves for couple who celebrate day 1 of their pre relationship.

Edited by bebebisous33
don't quote videos, gifs and pictures. Remove these next time please
  • Like 12
  • LOL 4

1 hour ago, chickfactor said:

Edited to Add:

Ha ha, totally forgot to point out that he is YOUNGER. If there's another hot-button issue that causes the audience to clutch their pearls, how I can I overlook that one?

Hahahaha.

Because suddenly there was Jin Hyuk. :joy:

I realize that about Koreans now. I love almost everything about them except that “sometimes” they are too uptight. :ph34r:

• Like 2

14 hours ago, gumtaek said:

Another piece of news to celebrate!

The translation is not so good.

"The largest OTT, PCCW Viu in Southeast Asia (Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, etc.), including OTT Viki (US, Canada, Brazil, Chile, Mexico, UK, France, Germany, (TV), NOW TV (Hong Kong Terrestrial), Starhub (Singapore Terrestrial), 8tv (Malaysia Terrestrial), BBTV Ch3 (Thai Terrestrial), ABS- CBN (Philippine Terrestrial), HTV2 , iQiyi (Taiwan OTT), and tvN Asia (Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia cable), were sold to terrestrial, cable and OTT broadcasts in over 100 countries around the world. In addition, Mnet Japan, the Korean Wave channel, confirmed its first broadcast in March 2019. Viu, NOW TV, Viki, iQiyi, etc. will be broadcasted within 24 hours of domestic broadcasting, and it is expected that the domestic heat will go straight overseas.

Add Africa and Australia and they’ll have the whole world watching them! Daebak! :scream:

Edited by triplem
Please do not quote images (pics, IG , YT, gifs) . Thanks
  • Like 10

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum. I just started watching this and am on ep 3.. I love it so far, just that the MIL gets on my nerves. She said, "Once you become a part of Taegyeong group, you'll remain a member until you die." 

:angry:

How is everyone liking it so far? Its been awhile since I watched a drama while it was still airing

• Like 11

I just finished watching 6th episode with English sub, seriously I feel like it's me who madly in love and in a pre-stage / some-relationship, I got that feeling, they deliver the plot really well. How could i got the butterflies on my stomach when it's CSH-KJH that holding hands not me?

I feel like Secretary Jang will end up with KJH's hyung (the Franchise CEO :D) their love story will be funny I guess, it will enjoyable too.

Seriously CSH mother, she is hopeless, choose her own desire over her relationship with her daughter, she is too ambitious, i feel bad for CSH, luckily she got her father. The painting in CSH office room, make me sad, that girl seating alone while watch the tree 

*How can Kang Moo Yeon mother personality change so much when she has CSH as her daughter :blink:*

I like when Jung Woo Seok warn the bad-ahjussi , how dare he think he will be the replacement of CSH, what a jerk. The bad-ahjussi and the traitor really got my nerve, seriously that bad-ahjussi need someone to 'teach' him so he can't messed up with CSH, hope their dirty plan got caught by JWS so he can take care of those jerk. 

The scene where CSH buying a necktie to KJH and accidentally meet her ex, and when JWS saw CSH enrope the necktie to KJH, these scenes added more fun into this episode, we need jealousy feels too beside madly in love feels. I can feel how awkward KJH be when the ex-husband suddenly ask about the his necktie, hahaha.

I like how CSH father reply to ex-MIL (hahaha) I'm over happy seeing Cha congressman stand on his own now.

Hye In really care towards KJH, she warn him, she also very sad seeing how ex-MIL treated KJH, I adore her. The bright person, KJH, never treated like how the ex-MIL treated him, no wonder he feels sad in CSH position as he imagine how she's being treated by those person all this time. Hope KJH will endure everything for their happiness.

And once again, the ending scene of this episode (like 4th episode) it's give me a very happily joy :wub: how CSH very confident answer the jerk-reporter question "We are in pre stage / some relationship" . Super happy seeing that bad-ahjussi expression after that answer, once again CSH-KJH wreck his dirty plan, CSH father smile, telling us he is support whatever his daughter decision, the rest like always surprise expression, once again CSH-KJH relationship passed another difficulties, great. 

And the preview of 7th episode, looking forward to see how CSH confidently declare she will live the way she wants not as what others want.

• Like 14

34 minutes ago, roxnilla7 said:

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum. I just started watching this and am on ep 3.. I love it so far, just that the MIL gets on my nerves. She said, "Once you become a part of Taegyeong group, you'll remain a member until you die." 

:angry:

How is everyone liking it so far? Its been awhile since I watched a drama while it was still airing

I love this show.  And, of course, I despise the MIL.  This is one problem I have with KDramas (especially the ones with chaebol families):  Parents are often so controlling, cruel, and verbally abusive.

I have a feeling that our main couple is in for a bumpy ride as the families start fighting for power and control.  Since so much time was spent filming in Cuba, I wonder if they will try to escape there to get away.  

• Like 5

For all intensive purposes “Encounter” is a hit! You can’t argue that... Everything just clicks. Storyline/actors/visuals/dialogue etc... It just keeps getting better each week. The ending of episode 6 truly takes the cake!

• Like 11

Guest vvpal
11 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@stroppyse

I also believe that he didn't cheat on her but that's not the point. It is about the impression he gave, the pain he caused. Falling in love with another woman and saying to the official wife, he fell in love with another woman and wants to spend the rest of his life with her is actually like cheating. As a married man he is supposed to be loyal and faithful and not look at other women. These words have the same impact than adultery... Moreover, CSH is not someone who will express her feelings hence JWS is assuming that she never loved him back. I sense that she did have some affection for him but in his eyes, it was never shown because she never smiled like that. But affection can be shown in  many different ways. In my opinion, he was used to be pursued by women and he thought that being treated like this means to be loved. CSH has been raised differently, therefore it could be that JWS just overlooked it.  CSH showed interest towards JH with gaze, her hands aso... did JWS pay attention to her body language? I doubt it, I also think that JWS is not subtle and not sensitive enough to pay attention to people's feelings. From my point of view, he is the exact opposite of JH. 

He has been doing the daddy long legs thing and helping her behind the scenes, so obviously he loved her and continues to love her.  I think  he fabricated the affair and forced his mom to let them divorce when he realized he would hurt her more to keep her in the marriage. He un-cuffed her.  That said, I think he will turn to the dark side (this is a drama and we have 10 episodes left :D) and start creating trouble forour OTP because of his jealousy.

2 hours ago, gumtaek said:

"Broadcast rights were sold to terrestrial, cable and OTT broadcasts in over 100 countries around the world."

With such great news, who else bothers about their local ratings?! Not me. 

"Boyfriend" is fighting prejudice against single/divorced women in the Korean society, and fighting such women being ostracized from society for falling in love with a younger man. I can't speak for the K-netizens and their closed culture and beliefs.

But as international fans, what we can do is to show our strong support for this awesome love story and our super-talented PBG and SHK by spreading love and positive comments in all possible social media platforms. There is no point in focusing on those negative comments or lower ratings. We have a choice to do good for this drama by our continuous collective 'voice' and give lots of accolades to the drama by overriding and wiping out those negativities, wherever we see them. 

The scale of broadcast rights sold attest to the worldwide popularity of "Boyfriend" and the explosive love for Park Bo Gum and Song Hye Kyo. I'm so happy that the drama is well-loved and as there are beautiful poems, meaningful words and messages and sweet body language in a love relationship of yesteryears, it can only bring us joy and pride when we feel like a little love in our lives or it can console us in hard times with beautiful encouragement that nothing is impossible if we shed our inhibitions and go beyond our comfort zone.

Ep 6 is sweet with their bike ride, hand-holding and CSH initiating a walk together, which is a big step for her because she's usd to reigning in her emotions. It"s not without its sad moments too, where KJH is beginning to taste the real, ugly side of human beings when CSH's MIL confronted him with sarcasm and a super-caustic tongue and we have mothers who attach a value to their kids above blood relations. I'm with KJH - just how long had CSH had to put up with all these unplesantries? You can feel his pain at her pain.

PBG nailed the part with his awesome expression where he gave CSH encouragement to go ahead and do what she deemed fit, he's fine....and SHK shone with her look of uncertainty and final decisiveness to come clean. She looked torn at first.

The score is even at the moment without them even realizing that love has begun and we the viewers are ever so ready to embrace their love. I'm excited to see their growing intimacy and unified strength to fight their adversities. (I'm wondering about CSH's ex-husband vs KJH's close girl friend - who will betray whom?)

Meanwhile, back to their awe-inspiring eye contact moments.....wuli #JinSoo couple.  :D

• Like 19