[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

@dukesa1122 the last empress has 48 episodes. It's not going to end until February. I watched clips on it actually and it seems that the writer of that drama was quite famous to be good. However, that drama was too stressful for me with all the plotting. My own work is already stressful enough...hahaha so I would rather see PBG smiles...

• Like 5
  • LOL 7

Thank you for the rich discussion in the thread! It speaks so much of the quality of the drama and the excellence of the narrative!

I love the moment in the CSH Revelation part (Ending Scene of Ep.6) when Soo Hyun, after being grilled as to what kind of relationship and Jin Huk has, echoed the same question to herself showing how deliberate and free her "We are in 'some' relationship" response was! 

While it may look to many as a 'rebuttal' to the accusation that Jin Hyuk is her stalker, to my perception, it was a moment of self-revelation: What Jin Hyuk meant to her and how she was not afraid to broadcast it to the whole world. Moreover, it was her response---a public one at that--- to Jin Hyuk's "What are we?' at the ending of Episode 3.

JJang!

P.S. When I finish downoading the drama, I will insert that Cha Soo Hyun moment here!

• Like 22

It has been quite a long time since I have posted and actually been engaged so thoroughly to watch a k-drama but I also think this is my first time that my second lead syndrome is at its absolute worst and more interested in WooSeok the character than JinHyuk and i love PBG. 

Also, this imo is SHG’s best drama- she really nailed it and i am so pleasantly surprised. She infused this character with alot of grace and also humility. 

I find the back story behind SH and WS absolutely fascinating, enthralling, and heart breaking. I agree with what some posters said that there is an utter miscommunication but I am deeply interested in what drove WS to take such drastic (perhaps even lying about the cheating??) measures and always in the background watching SH. If he has been waiting  for her to come back to him, why hasnt he taken a proactive and aggressive approach?? Obviously his mother doesnt have any objections to her as a daughter in law. 

Also I dont find the terms of the divorce agreement ridiculous for some reason, there have been real life examples of female celebrities (Go Hyeon Jung) who married into jaebol and as part of the divorce she couldnt see her kids. If anything, the MIL’s condition is quite mild. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 4
  • LOL 1

@beebeep what the?! 48 episodes... it’s like Meteor Garden then hahaha

@bellaangel012 I agree. This is her best performance. She has always been great but  this is the best for me. Maybe because she can totally relate. The limelight? The no comment on negative things people post online about her? She perfected the being passive role to the public in real life just because she had to. 

Also, notice when she cries she doesn’t let her tears fall down that easily? She let it stay in her eyes first for the audience to see and then she blinks. That’s her trademark crying style, i think :joy: sorry. You can tell I’m a big fan. :sweat_smile:

As for the ratings, I wouldnt let myself be stressed about that anymore. Whats important is the positive feedback and I’m super enjoying this drama. It’s been awhile! :wub:

• Like 8
  • LOL 2

Why JH seems clueless on HI's feelings, i think because JH has a high standard when it comes to woman. Remember when his brother asked if  JH has seen the CEO and if she is pretty? And JH said she is, the brother said " wow she must be so pretty". And their conversation in the playground " hye in, when will you get pretty?" (  no offense meant to HI).

Its like you and me against the world. But i believe the two can conquer all obstacles.

People may either be book smart or street smart. Being only one of these, makes one fragile. But JH is both, thats his advantage. He maybe naive in the field of romantic relationship but in reality of life he is not. I believe showcasing the various odd jobs he had since he was very young, the various kind of people he knew mean to show us he is very much aware of how the world spins.

• Like 13

Another piece of news to celebrate!

Okay, I tweaked the translation a bit.

"Broadcast rights were sold to terrestrial, cable and OTT broadcasts in over 100 countries around the world."

These were the ones listed.

The largest OTT, PCCW Viu in Southeast Asia (Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, etc.)

OTT Viki (US, Canada, Brazil, Chile, Mexico, UK, France, Germany)

NOW TV (Hong Kong Terrestrial)

Starhub (Singapore Terrestrial)

8tv (Malaysia Terrestrial)

BBTV Ch3 (Thai Terrestrial)

ABS- CBN (Philippine Terrestrial)

HTV2 , iQiyi (Taiwan OTT)

HTV2 , iQiyi (Taiwan OTT)

Mnet Japan, the Korean Wave channel confirmed its first broadcast in March 2019. 

Viu, NOW TV, Viki, iQiyi, etc. airs the drama within 24 hours of domestic broadcasting.

https://entertain.naver.com/read?aid=0003357766&oid=076&lightVersion=off&lfrom=twitter

https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20181214111134389?f=m

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, gumtaek said:

DAEBAK!! I believe that the rating doesnt really speak the volume caused by boyfriend/encounter fever. Worldwide viewers proved it. Everysingle thing in this drama become trend, that's how powerful Encounter is:blush:

Edited by triplem
Please do not quote images (pics, IG , YT, gifs) . Thanks
  • Like 11

3 hours ago, jaeyongs said:

I was searching for Boyfriend articles on Naver and saw this, the cake they ate to celebrate the 1st day of their pre-relationship status. I wonder if this will get sold out. :D

I believe that more and more people will use 'some' term and acknowledge it. People don't really speak about this pre-relationship thing, they're sorta know that they're in that phase. Sooo, for JH to ask it to SH, i guess many people will gonna ask their crush wheather they're in pre-relationship. :D.. and by then, this cake will fly from the selves for couple who celebrate day 1 of their pre relationship.

Edited by bebebisous33
don't quote videos, gifs and pictures. Remove these next time please
  • Like 11
  • LOL 4

1 hour ago, chickfactor said:

Edited to Add:

Ha ha, totally forgot to point out that he is YOUNGER. If there's another hot-button issue that causes the audience to clutch their pearls, how I can I overlook that one?

Hahahaha.

Because suddenly there was Jin Hyuk. :joy:

I realize that about Koreans now. I love almost everything about them except that “sometimes” they are too uptight. :ph34r:

• Like 2

14 hours ago, gumtaek said:

Another piece of news to celebrate!

The translation is not so good.

"The largest OTT, PCCW Viu in Southeast Asia (Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, etc.), including OTT Viki (US, Canada, Brazil, Chile, Mexico, UK, France, Germany, (TV), NOW TV (Hong Kong Terrestrial), Starhub (Singapore Terrestrial), 8tv (Malaysia Terrestrial), BBTV Ch3 (Thai Terrestrial), ABS- CBN (Philippine Terrestrial), HTV2 , iQiyi (Taiwan OTT), and tvN Asia (Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia cable), were sold to terrestrial, cable and OTT broadcasts in over 100 countries around the world. In addition, Mnet Japan, the Korean Wave channel, confirmed its first broadcast in March 2019. Viu, NOW TV, Viki, iQiyi, etc. will be broadcasted within 24 hours of domestic broadcasting, and it is expected that the domestic heat will go straight overseas.

Add Africa and Australia and they’ll have the whole world watching them! Daebak! :scream:

Edited by triplem
Please do not quote images (pics, IG , YT, gifs) . Thanks
  • Like 10