[Drama 2018] Thirty But Seventeen, 서른이지만열일곱입니다

meechuttso

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Ni Wen said:

Watching yesterday's episode with subs. The doctor colleague say HT lost two friends. Somi and who? Does HT know the Kim guy who died too? 

I thought that he meant Soo Mi and SR.  Even though SR was alive, she was unreachable because she was in a coma.

19 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

My preference is to wait for writer to tell me, otherwise I'll hurt lose more hairs speculating more and more 

The only speculation I am going to offer is that it will turn out that everyone in this story was impacted tragically by the accident. Everyone had to make difficult decisions due to the tragic circumstances. It will be revealed what happened to the aunt and uncle soon. 

42 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

No, her name wasn't called in that scene. He did took a glance at her, but that was it, so it's really hard to confirm which scenarios of ours are correct.

This is entirely speculation for now, but say uncle disappeared in 2005 when the car crash happened... aunt stayed loyal (and heartbroken) tending to Seo Ri and waited for 2 years. Aunt is hit by uncertainty of her own future (possibly carrying a son then? Can't tell how old the kid is tbh); penniless and jobless. The house can well be aunt's in uncle's absence and a comatose person is as good as being dead. If I were in her shoes, and being desperate, very likely I would sell the house too, and choose to move on with my life, only because I am alive and I (and my son) have to live on. It's a debatable grey area because if we are hit really hard with reality, moral compass won't help us survive.

I don't know much about inheritance law, but if the situation is uncle went missing and Seo Ri's coma is as good as dead, isn't she the rightful owner of the house too?

Well, being in a coma is not the same than being dead as you are not officially declared dead. Then the house never belonged to the uncle in the first place. WSR got it through her inheritance: the house belonged to her parents in the first place. The uncle was just the legal guardian of WSR but he was never the owner of the house. As such, he was not authorized to sell it, until WSR was an adult and would agree. Even if the uncle died and the aunt became the legal guardian, she had no right to sell it... notice, the sale happened, when WSR was an adult officially. 

Moreover, she didn't use the money to pay the hospital bills, she used it for herself. 

1 hour ago, mademoisellesia said:

if the situation is uncle went missing and Seo Ri's coma is as good as dead, isn't she the rightful owner of the house too?

Assuming the uncle is SR's blood kin, aunt will need to have him declared legally dead before she can actually transfer the house. And it's a bit illogical to have her sell the house within 2 years. Even in divorce cases property issues can take years.

Although, I don't know how things are in SK. I mean, I've seen many drama when people just pass their bank books to other people. Can the recipient really withdraw money when their ID doesn't match the account holder?

1 hour ago, mademoisellesia said:

I don't know much about inheritance law, but if the situation is uncle went missing and Seo Ri's coma is as good as dead, isn't she the rightful owner of the house too?

No. Because as "good as dead" is not "dead". There is a reason why there's such a thing as Lasting Power of Attorney.

An inheritance only completes when the fella is dead. Aunt is only the guardian of SeoRi while SeoRi was a child and then I guess it naturally extended when SeoRi wasn't conscious enough to give consent or object or state her wishes with a sound mind.

As such, she only has the authority to decide how SeoRi's properties should be managed for SeoRi's benefit. That means that yes, she legally can sell the house. However, as it was not for SeoRi's sake, SeoRi can sue her for mismanagement of SeoRi's property. On the other hand, a guardian is entitled to be compensated for the ward's expenses... although I'm not sure SeoRi cost as much as her house, especially when someone else was paying her hospital bills.

7 minutes ago, dzareth said:

Assuming the uncle is SR's blood kin, aunt will need to have him declared legally dead before she can actually transfer the house. And it's a bit illogical to have her sell the house within 2 years. Even in divorce cases property issues can take years.

Although, I don't know how things are in SK. I mean, I've seen many drama when people just pass their bank books to other people. Can the recipient really withdraw money when their ID doesn't match the account holder?

As long as they have the account holder's stamp. That thing that can replace a signature. Yes, they can. 

If that stupid stamp ends up in the wrong hands, your life is over.

Haha, just kidding. But it can be As bad as identity theft. 

Okay...I could not take it anymore! I'm delurking for I love this drama <3 

I love how WJ came back. It didn't took him years, no time skip! That is how you write a drama, that is how you show that a man who is deeply and truly in love with a girl. He did thought of leaving, he was about to but his words at the last scene when he said that he couldn't leave because he loves her so much, that made him different from other khero. Unlike some hero who swears that they love the girl, who fought against second leads just to have the heart of the girl he loves but end up leaving and coming back after a year or 2. GONG WOO JIN is the real man! The real and loveliest HERO EVER!!!

And how beautiful in the ears when SR calls WJ by his name at the end. She even drop the honorifics by saying " Gong Woo-jin, your name was Gong Woo-jin. Woojin, what if what you know is not everything?" She didn't call him ajhussi anymore and I just love how it naturally came out from her mouth. 

Gosh I love this drama so much! My drama crack of the year, so simple yet so touching and full of heart. 

I wish I could watch it longer but it seems like it will end next week with all the promotion for the next drama. I love LJH but I'm becoming a fan of YSJ and SHS so saying goodbye to this drama is soooo hard. Here I am hoping for another drama from SHS AND YSJ together. I just can't get enough of these two adorable and tear inducer actor and actress. 

CAN THEY MAKE IT AT LEAST 18 EPISODE?! 1 episode dedicated for uncle and aunt then 3 episode for my adorable Bridge couple and their very own family with Ri an and HT on the mix? Please dramagod!!!

Wow! Whaaattt an episode! Such a great drama we are watching here! This episode definitely consoled me after yesterday's. Such warmth and emotions I don't think I have everrr felt so in any of the previous K-dramas I watched. YSJ, SHS deserve many awards, please give them one already! Can't wait to watch it with subs. 

After watching today episode, I kind of wanted it to be a 20 episode drama with WJ acting more and more broken. Chan would have destroy the good passport so it couldn't have leave in a plane and just started to walk without thinking. When they found him, he would be in a catatonic state. Then we would see a slow recovery with doctors, Chan and SR making him understand it wasn't his fault. I kind of though it could have been so interesting.

P.S. : I don't say I dislike what they have done but just that it could have been interesting to see.

9 minutes ago, yusefull said:

After watching today episode, I kind of wanted it to be a 20 episode drama with WJ acting more and more broken. Chan would have destroy the good passport so it couldn't have leave in a plane and just started to walk without thinking. When they found him, he would be in a catatonic state. Then we would see a slow recovery with doctors, Chan and SR making him understand it wasn't his fault. I kind of though it could have been so interesting.

P.S. : I don't say I dislike what they have done but just that it could have been interesting to see.

Wow, that’s kinda sadistic :joy:

33 minutes ago, aisling said:
44 minutes ago, yusefull said:

Wow, that’s kinda sadistic

Intellectual sadist detected. That would certainly bring more enlightenment on mental health issues rather than a shallow overview  as dramas usually do.

Probably in the next episode revealing about SeoRi's past before the accident :

1) SeoRi saw WooJin riding on the bus so she took the bus as well to see and get close to him.

or

2) SeoRi saw WooJin accidentally dropped/left something and SeoRi followed him to the bus to return it to him.

-------

Episode 14 (ep 27-28) "Etude Of Farewell"  

One of The BGM (When WooJin Cried And Remembering The Past)

Etude no. 3 in E major, Op. 10 no. 3, "Tristesse" (Sadness) or "L'Adieu" (Farewell)  by Chopin

28 minutes ago, thistle said:

Just finished watching.  Cried the whole time.  Brilliant.  This is just the way a good drama should be and the acting was excellent.  

I just finished watching the subs, and yes, I cried the whole time, too. I don't think any other drama that I might end up watching will beat this one. The best, hands down.

I just finished last night episode! I’m so excited that I slept before 9pm and wake at 1 am for the sub! Hahaha sooo worth it! This episode is nicely wrapped up! I’m glad that he didn’t leave and he kept his promise to her! For me that is 100% thank God the writer didn’t dwell on the typical noble idiot scheme, WJ now I can say is a truly brave man and doesn’t run away anymore and he overcome his trauma. After thinking very hard he finally succeed! Plus the wonderful gift the SR liked him before in teenage years. When she mentioned his name for the first time without honorific it’s like music to my ears as if she has grown up too and mature. My heart just beats fast! 

And our adorable Chan who completely forgot about questioning his uncle about their status just give out his heart when he saw him crying and he knew already that he is going to leave again, as a child he can never forget how his uncle cried in his arms, he is still a silly teenager with a big heart he will never make his uncle be unhappy again especially now that he got a hint that SR and WJ had a past behind them. 

The mystery man is now reveal himself and our assumption is wrong that it was the uncle. It was the truck driver, he is just a good man that he labored his time just the pay for SR’s hospital bill. He really feels guilty that because of him not only SR became coma 2 persons died and many are injured so he wanted to pay the price. But still accident is an accident it’s no ones fault. And like someone said SR probably followed WJ in the bus 13 Years back she wanted to know his name as well, she will never regret because she had a chance to talk to her. 

I hope in the finale that Jennifer will smile again and not be a robot anymore, she deserve to be happy again, now that she have a family. 

Please let the number one girl have Chan! Hehehe I was surprised that she is smart hahaha

49 minutes ago, Wotad said:

ok there is 8 pages.. ima need a tldr of what happened ;p 

Ok:  Everybody cried.  A lot.

Want more?  Ok:

WJ found out stuff. 

SR found out stuff. 

Jennifer found out stuff. 

The doctor found out stuff. 

Chan worried too much. 

Fang howled.

WJ tried to run away but didn't.

He met SR on the bridge.